Lindley Scott House Reviews

60 | Azusa, CA

60 Reviews for Lindley Scott House

Joe-Roxi · Married on 09/26/2015

My wife and I shopped around for quite some time for our wedding venue. We finally decided on the Lindley-Scott House (LSH), and I could not be happier in our choice!!
    The ambiance at LSH house is perfect. It is romantic, bright with lots of windows, the walls and carpet are neutral enough to go with any décor, and the outside areas are stunning! You guests will love being able to go outside to get some fresh air. They can sit on one of the many benches, stroll through the gardens, or sit in the lit gazeebo.
    We were absolutely blown away by the staff at the LSH on the day of our wedding. Everyone was very professional. Amanda, the team lead at LSH, is amazing. All staff members went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. We had passed appetizers, which were a big hit. Staff members came and took drink orders from us and our wedding party as we took pictures. They even brought us some appetizers, which was very thoughtful. Dinner service was incredibly smooth. All food came out timely, and drinks were kept full. All-in-all the staff at LSH should be commended on their excellent job, we could not have been more pleased!! We opted for an open bar at the reception (which is a phenomenal value at LSH).
    The food at LSH was great. Our guests raved over the fish and fillet. Everything was cooked as requested, served hot, and full of flavor! The portions were more than generous. Your guests will not leave hungry.
    LSH is a great choice for wedding venue for both quality and value. When shopping for venues we were struck by how ridiculous some venues were priced. LSH gives you the perfect mix of upscale at a reasonable price.
    And best of all, the owners Diane and George are a hoot. Seriously, Diane is a little fire-cracker and it is a pleasure to have worked with her. She is professional, prompt, and fair. She was always there to provide any help or advice we needed. She answered many questions and helped ease my sometimes worried bride.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Mike · Married on 10/24/2014

I needed a place for my daughter's wedding. We searched everywhere, but I really didn't have a big budget. When we met with Diane she seemed happier about my 19 year old daughter getting married then I did. She was so sweet to help my daughter put together an amazing wedding. When I saw the price tag I was shocked that they could fit so much into such a cheap price. The place was beautiful. The food was great. All I had to do was sit back and be a proud Dad. I'm so thankful I kept looking and found the Lindley Scott House. Thanks again George and Diane.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Lisa · Married on 09/13/2014

Can't say anything other than this being amazing. Everyone was a pleasure to work with, and it was beautiful.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Marlene · Married on 09/06/2014

My son's wedding was so beautiful thanks to LSH. Every step of the 13 months planning we felt so comfortable with our choice of wedding venue. Diane and George are very helpful and accomodating. The staff works very hard to make the day perfect and the food was amazing.

Sent on 10/17/2014

James and Kala · Married on 05/25/2014

Though we live in N. California, they made it very easy with good communication. They exceeded our expectation regarding service on the day. We had requested to bring in some sweets and an appetizer and Diane agreed to it. We were not sure how they would accommodate serving them. They stepped up and did it with such professional skill, we were pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious, beyond our expectation. Many of our guests remarked about the food. The overall experience was extremely pleasant and we were glad we picked that venue.

Sent on 06/14/2014

Patricia · Married on 05/24/2014

After visiting many wedding venues I finally found the one that I fell in love with. Lindley-Scott House is such a beautiful estate with history and individuality. The gardens are so lush and I picked the arch area under the two trees as my wedding ceremony location. The most gorgeous part of the venue was the Carriage House. The combination of vintage flower wallpapers, old style furniture and wooden staircase created the perfect setting for dreamy wedding photos. My husband and I had our first look on the staircase and it was soooo romantic.

The staffs at Lindley-Scott House were very attentive and they did a wonderful job at serving our guests during the reception. We had the filet mignon and salmon and our guests said they were tasty. My wedding went smoothly and it was just perfect!
    I want to also make a special call out to Diane. She was my main contact of the venue and she is the most helpful and friendly person ever! Meeting her in person and talking to her over the phone about the details of the ceremony and reception had been so pleasant. She puts her clients as her priority and she always encourages me to call her if I have any question.

Having my wedding at Lindley-Scott House was a great choice! My wedding was beautiful!

Sent on 06/09/2014
  • Y

Yolanda · Married on 03/02/2014

I was extremely pleased with how smoothly everything went for my daughter's wedding. The food and cake were delicious, the service was excellent and ran smoothly. Everything was set up beautifully when we got there and they took care of the clearing everything away at the end. The staff was very helpful. Diane was especially nice. She remembered every detail and had a very calming effect on me. She assured us that everything would turn out just as we wanted it. As it did. My sister was so impressed she asked for Diane's card

Sent on 10/06/2014

Marques · Married on 02/22/2014

Beautiful venue! Plenty of great picture locations and fantastic staff!

Sent on 03/26/2014
  • Ausjia

Ausjia · Married on 08/24/2013

The Lindley Scott House is a great venue! Diane and George are very professional and there goal is to make your day truly special. They are very flexible and are willing to work with you. The FOOD is amazing! all our guest keep talking about it. The property is well kept and looks amazing for pictures, truly a great wedding venue from start to finish. :) The only down side is they close at 11pm however, by 10pm I was already wore out from such a long day that having the reception end at 11pm didn't even bother me. So don't let that be a reason to not choose this venue. :)

Sent on 09/08/2013

Best wedding ceremony and reception ever at the Lindley Scott House. The wedding was held outside with comfortable seating, and beautiful maintained grounds perfect for the occasion. Staff was extraordinary with making sure all attendees to the wedding were comfortable and well fed with the most delicious steak & salmon or some had steak and chicken, as well as keeping up with champagne, water, tea, coffee, etc. Our entire family commented on such wonderful service over and over again. We will definitely recommend the Lindley Scott house to future grooms and brides.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Adriana · Married on 06/07/2013

I feel in love with The Lindley Scott house the min that I saw it, I obliviously book our wedding was so happy with how helpful Diane and George were. The day of everything was taking care of and George did great with directing the ceremony and the food... oh my gosh it was great! The employees were so nice and helpful I still cant believe it. Its a beautiful venue with great people running it couldnt ask for anything more!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Ellen · Married on 09/15/2012

My wedding was at Lindley Scott house on 9/15. It's a BEAUTIFUL and intimate house with lots of flowers and trees... I always wanted a little house wedding so it was like my dream come true. Diane is the one who you'd be talking with and she is sooo sweet. She only communicates by snail mail or phone but she is very professional, she never forgot a single detail that I requested. Food was excellent (I had chicken piccata and flat iron steak) as well. It was a very convenient one stop wedding venue for me and they really took care of lot of hassels I might have had to go thru. The price is very reasonable compared to other venues. Woth every penny. I didn't even hire a wedding coordinator - venue comes with the day of the event coordinator and he and my MC pretty much ran the show between the two of them. The whole day went very smoothly without a glitch, I can't recommend this place enough!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Emily · Married on 03/17/2012

Even though it rained on my wedding, the Lindley-Scott House did their absolute best to accomodate everything for my wedding. Either rainy or not, it is a beautiful venue.

Sent on 04/25/2012

Jenifer · Married on 09/10/2010

I had my wedding and reception at the Lindley Scott House 9/10/10 and had an AMAZING wedding! We had our ceremony at the gazebo and our reception in the carriage house.

Diane was my main contact person for the venue. I called her probably a million times and she was always so sweet and funny and never annoyed at me at all. She worked hard to make sure I was stress-free in the lead-up to my day. She was always there to help with anything I needed.

I had my own wedding coordinator (Carpe Diem events) who worked with Leo during the rehearsal and wedding. Together, they made sure I had nothing to worry about on my wedding day.

The keyboardist can play any song, or at least can learn it in a week. The food was absolutely delicious, so much better than any other venue I've been to. The meal is served by uniformed servers, which makes the reception pretty classy. The entire grounds are well-maintained and made for great pictures.

Overall, this is a fantastic venue; I have no complaints. It is very affordable and you get a lot for your money.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Danielle · Married on 06/26/2010

We got married at the Lindley Scott House on June 26 and everything was perfect! The Lindley Scott House was the first place we ever looked at, and after looking at a million other places that were both more and less expensive, we decide to book about a year and a half out from our wedding. Diane was always super nice and even threw in some cocktail tables and a candy table for free. Over the course of the year I spoke to Diane several times about TONS of details (renting chiavari chairs, placing the gift table outside, etc.) and she kept track of everything perfectly. I was a little concerned in the beginning based on some reviews I had read but in the end, she was very on top of things.

The day of the wedding, the venue was great. Leo, the venue coordinator worked with my coordinator to make sure everything ran smoothly. Dinner was ready a little early too, which was perfect since we were a few minutes ahead of schedule. We received so many compliments about the food (steak & chicken with rosemary potatoes) and the guests definitely loved the open bar even though they only served beer, wine and ku (a lower proof vodka & tequila). My guests also liked the way that each table is served at once, which I totally didn't even notice!

My only complaints were that the main house doesn't have air conditioning and it was HOT in there which wasn't so good for a bride waiting to walk down the aisle, and that the reception has to end at 10pm, but I found that was actually common at a lot of venues.

Other than that, I couldn't be happier with my experience at the Lindley-Scott House!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Joanne · Married on 10/04/2009

What a gorgeous place to get married. Things went quite smoothly and every one had a great time. Diane P was the lady in charge of the money but on the wedding day, Leo the wedding coordinator is a laid back guy who gets the job done. He kept my parents up to day on the alcohol tab (since it was open bar) and kept his cool during the whole ceremony.

The food there was fantastic. We had the chicken and steak with asparagus and mashed potatoes. People raved about the food.

The alcohol had a great beer selection at $5 each and although they don't have a full liquor license beer and wine was fine for every one.

The gardens are gorgeous. We got married underneath 2 huge trees. It was great! The reception was a short walk away in their built banquet hall that has a dance floor and air conditioning.

The only down side is the fact that parking is stacked or people park in the street but it ended up not being a problem. I loved this venue and hope you will too!

Sent on 10/24/2009

Lea Ann · Married on 08/23/2009

I had my dream wedding and Diane at the Lindley-Scott House was wonderful. The venue is beautiful, the staff was great!! Diane made every request we had possible. The food was awesome. Our corrdinator Leo was great to work with!!! I highly recommend the location.

Sent on 08/24/2009
  • mrshadden

Cami · Married on 08/22/2008

if i could have a wedding every year, i would have it here. i highly recommend this venue! my guests are still talking about how gorgeous the house was and how wonderful the food was. one of my guests specifically stated that she had not had better food at a wedding!

Sent on 12/19/2008
  • laura

laura · Married on 06/07/2008

I was there for my friend's sister's wedding and I thought the place was lovely. The building looks like its from the 1920's (which i love) and the wait staff is dressed to match the period. After the ceremony Hors d'oeuvres were passed and yes they were delicious. As for dinner I can still taste the cream sauce that was on the chicken breast. My family had a great time and I only wish I knew about this venue when I was getting married 3 years ago.

Sent on 09/14/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/07/2007

The Lindley Scott House is a beautiful place to have your wedding. It's a restored mansion located in the foothills of Azusa. The grounds are impeccable with tall trees and rose gardens all around. The wedding planner, Diane Pieper, is a very sweet lady who really treats you like you are part of her family. After we booked the venue, she hand wrote me several notes saying that my wedding would be great and that she looked forward to helping me with anything I might need. The cost is also phenomenal. My finace and I had been looking at places that required a minumum amount of $20,000 or you had to guarantee so many of the hotel's rooms would be booked or you had to have a minumum amount of 200 people. We dont have that much family out here so those were hard orders to fill. Our ceremony and reception, which included our officiant and our cake was less than $10,000 for 100 people. We had a cocktail hour with a crudite table and our dinner was salmon and a filet with vegetables and bread. There were no other places we found that would serve filet mignon and salmon for the price they did. And the food was so good! We had so many compliments on the food and the venue itself.
    If I had to point out any drawbacks, the only one I could say is that they dont have air conditioning in the house. So when the bride is getting ready and its July, its very VERY hot. Almost miserable. I had to have my bridesmaids fanning me the entire time so my makeup wouldnt run. They have fans but all they do is push around the hot air.

Sent on 01/17/2008

Hannah · Married on 06/02/2012

I could not have been more satisfied with the Lindley-Scott House. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. Not only is the property stunning, but the staff is incredibly helpful and kept the wedding running smoothly from start to finish. Even the food was amazing! We looked for a venue for quite a while, but nothing came close to the value that we found at Lindley-Scott; you truly get the most for your money here. There are some pretty strict rules due to its being a historical property, but nothing that proved to be a hinderance to our plans. I highly recommend the Lindley-Scott House!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Diana · Married on 11/06/2016

When my husband and I started looking for venues this was the one that when I walked into the venue, I knew that's where I wanted to get married. The location looks hidden but it was perfect. Diane and her husband were great. Price was decent. Al included (food, tables, chairs, cake). The only thing we had to look for were centerpieces, flowers, and photographer. The venue was perfect for pictures. I wish they would give more time for the wedding. You only get 6.5 hours for ceremony and reception. I felt rush trying to get everything done, from ceremony, to pictures, to grand entrance. Time goes by too quick, i wish they would give you an extra hour or two. The bartender at the venue was a bit weird. But other than that I wouldn't have had our wedding anywhere else.

Sent on 11/27/2016

This was the venue for our wedding. Without having such a beautiful location like this is, we wouldn't have had the dream wedding that we did. I really love the soft yellow color of the main house and carriage house. Yellow was the main wedding color, so that was a big selling point for me. I like that so much is included in the package (cake, ceremony--two locations to choose from, reception, new chairs, full wait staff, dinner, etc.) at a decent price. Highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Alexis · Married on 05/18/2019

3.0

Great Venue

Amazing Venue! Plenty is included in the cost! The only down side is that you don’t get to try the food for this venue but don’t worry food was amazing, we got the Pear Salad with Potatoes Au Gratin, asparagus, Salmon, and Tri-Tip. Salmon was cooked to perfection, potatoes were to die for, Tri-tip was a little over done as we asked for medium ( should of asked for medium rare) but flavor was delicious along with the sauce. Diane, George, Scott, Kaitlyn, and bartender Tar were all amazing and very helpful. They all definitely made it a stress free wedding on us. They do include wedding coordinators for the day to make sure things go smoothly and attend to the bride and groom but they do not help you with the little extras that you might need help with for set up the day of. Set up is only allowed 3 hours prior to the wedding, since we were close to max capacity of 200 guest, 3 hours cuts it a little close (make sure you hire a couple of people to help). The Venue property is beautiful and inside the Carriage house was clean and elegant, dance floor was a little small for us since both our friends and family love to dance so it was a full dance floor but we made it work. Our guest had a memorable time. Parking is little tricky just make sure to notify your guest or hire Valet. First meeting with Diane was very upfront about everything and what’s included. The pamphlet she gives you has all the pricing and rules, make sure you ask questions if your unsure about anything. This place has competitive pricing for what’s included- cake, champagne toast, food, venue etc... You will see when you set up your first meeting with Diane. This place has awards for the past 10 years, for that reason book quick, as they do get booked up pretty fast for the area. Hope this review was helpful to any new couples looking to book this venue. CONGRATS ! You won’t regret with booking with Lindley Scott House

Sent on 06/08/2019

This is a beautiful venue for a wedding! We loved having an outdoor ceremony under the large trees and an indoor reception for climate control :) This historic venue had a Victorian feel with modern day amenities. It was wonderful having many items for the wedding included in the cost such as chairs (ceremony and reception), tables, linens, dance floor, and cake. Diane was wonderful in coordinating the event and getting all the logistics taken care of. The venue provides a "day of" coordinator, but I would recommend hiring an outside person for this role. The coordinator provided did very little the day of the wedding and at the rehearsal. Our videographer actually stepped in for the rehearsal and ran it for us. There are also many restrictions as far as using the historic house as it is a historic site. The food was delicious as well. Otherwise, we loved the venue and had many compliments on how beautiful the wedding was. I would definitely recommend it!

Sent on 06/18/2015