Limos Without Limits, Ltd. Reviews

38 | Joliet, IL

38 Reviews for Limos Without Limits, Ltd.

Jessica · Married on 09/01/2007

My husband contacted Limos Without Limits to contract a limo for our wedding on 9/1/07. The driver we were assigned was very gracious and patient when he arrived to pick us girls up as he had to wait on me and my bridesmaids nearly an hour and a half because the salon vendor had us way behind schedule. The driver was very understanding, was willing to wait, and thank goodness he didn't just leave... After the ceremony and receiving line, the driver met us outside the church doors with champagne and a great big smile... What service!!! We were very delighted by the outstanding service we received with both the booking and transportation on our wedding day.

Not even a year later, I contacted Limos Without Limits to contract a limo for my husband as I was planning a surprise belated bachelor's event for him. (Due to most of his groomsmen being out of town and getting in at the last minute for our wedding, my husband did not get a bachelor's event or time to hang out with the guys). Also, due to the salon snafu on our wedding day, my husband and his groomsmen did not get to get picked up from their brunch in the limo since the driver had to wait on us girls and get us to the church. I wanted the whole belated bachelor's event to be a great surprise, and managed to pull it off with Limos Without Limits in the know on every step.

Much to my surprise, not only was the president/owner, Michael, very good about giving me a fair deal on a nice 26 passenger for my husband and his friends... He was also the driver for their evening out! Impressed with how meticulously I had planned such a surprise event, with even one groomsman flying into O'Hare from California, Michael did an excellent job of keeping all the pick ups and the final destination a surprise for my husband.

Limos without limits arrived at our house early to pick up my husband and his brother who was "visiting" us for a week (but was in on the plan), then to a local Starbucks to pick up three guys, to O'Hare to get the former best man, and then off to a guys night out!

I highly recommend Limos Without Limits Ltd. for your wedding day/event transportation needs, and they would be my first recommendation to anyone who would ask. I don't think you will find such outstanding customer service and personal attention to detail anywhere else!

Jessica Chapman
    Elite Video Invites

Sent on 09/29/2008

Hi Jessica.

Thanks so much for the kind review. It was an honor servicing you both on your very special day.

Many good wishes for your new adventure into the industry.

Very Truely Yours,
    Michael Colella, M.S.
    President
    Limos Without Limits, Ltd.

Vicky · Married on 09/26/2004

Limos Without Limits has delivered far more than expected. I was able to book them
    immediately, they showed up on time with both limos I requested. And what can I say, that guy, Mike, is a trip and a half. He made everything fun and carefree. His prices are also reasonable. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 09/24/2008

Edward · Married on 11/05/2008

Great work, great service, they drove nicely, didnt rush or acted in any way unprofessional.

Sent on 12/17/2008

Amy · Married on 10/08/2011

Limos without Limos is a great vendor!! We had Mike as our driver and he was very professional and flexible with us. We had the new 22 passenger escalade limo which was incredible. Very nice looking and we got tons of compliments. The only negative was that I didnt think it was stocked enough for a 22 person wedding party (considering it holds that many). We had to make a beer run because we were out very fast. I would totally recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or other event.

Sent on 10/21/2011

Amy D. · Married on 11/10/2006

Always a great choice!

I have been using Limos Without Limits for all my limo needs since it was a single car entity in 2003 and have never been let down. From concerts and airport transfers, to my bachelorette party and wedding in 2006 while living in Suburban Chicago to last minute limo rides for flight cancellations when flying to and from Chicago or passing through after moving away, its the only company to use when I'm not driving myself.

Sent on 02/09/2019

Jennifer · Married on 09/17/2011

The limo for my wedding on 9/17/2011 went off without a hitch and the driver was great! He showed up half an hour early, got us to the location quickly, and provided flawless service. After hearing and reading so many horror stories about limos and them not showing up, I was very nervous about this area for my wedding. SO glad I chose Limos Without Limits!!

Sent on 10/14/2011

Darlene · Married on 02/12/2010

Excellent price. Easy to work with in making changes. Drivers were very polite and friendly.We couuldn't have asked for better transportation for our wedding party and guests. It was a very rainy day and he actually even followed us around with an umbrella during pictures so we wouldn't get wet and when we were covered up, he followed the photographer around with the umbrella so she wouldn't get wet. His customer service was unbelievable. From start to finish, this company was great to deal with and the cost was very reasonable!

Sent on 05/18/2010

Nicole · Married on 01/13/2010

It was okay...glad we got the limo, but it was nothing special service wise.

Sent on 01/20/2010
  • Jonelle

Jonelle · Married on 06/29/2013

3.8
      3.5

We booked a pick up and drop off for our bridal party. Through some sort of mis-communication, the driver was not expecting the bridal party to go back in the limo and they were planning to send a town car instead of a limo. They arrived promptly and got us to our destination. For pick up they said the limit to take home was exceeding their insurance requirements. So some of our bridal party went home in our other limo. It was embarrassing to us and we are not sure what happened. In the end, both parts of the bridal party got picked up and taken to the wedding venue when we needed to and we got some of our bridal party home. The price was reasonable and they were mainly accommodating to our wishes. We had a last minute change of plans so we booked them only about a month before our wedding, but they had availability and it all worked out well enough in the end.

Sent on 09/24/2013
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/01/2009

3.4
      3.5
      3.0

Based on the reviews and the first interaction with this company, I thought it was going to be great. And overall everything ended up OK, but given how amazing all of our other vendors were, and the fact that the entire wedding day was practically flawless, this was the only vendor that I have bad memories of from the wedding day. We had a couple of issues early on after my dad booked the company, where they would call and say he hadn't sent something and then when he'd call back to say he'd sent it they would say, oh, look, here it is after all. That was just a little annoying. The day of the wedding, we had one limo for my husband and me and one for our large bridal party. As far as I know, there were no major issues with the large limo for the bridal party. However, we were in a hurry to make a "victory lap" and get back to do pictures in the church because the church was going to kick us out. Our driver didn't even ask if we wanted any champagne, he just opened up the door after we'd already gotten in, grabbed the champagne and glasses and started talking to us and pouring us champagne. Neither of us really drink, so it was rather awkward, and he was really excited about the fact that he had put a U2 concert playing on the TV in there. He gave us no directions for how to turn it off (presumably because he thought we would really like it) nor how to control the temperature in the limo. There was nothing in there to drink except the champagne neither of us wanted. So it wasn't terrible, it was just extremely awkward and the only real blemish on what was otherwise a perfectly fantastic wedding day.

Sent on 09/06/2009

Limos Without Limits, Ltd.'s reply:

Hello Newlyweds. After receiving your review, I contacted the assigned driver regarding your experience. He was very surprised and did say that he remembered both of you very well because you were an extremely quiet couple. I understand that you do not drink much. The "norm" is that most people do have champagne on their wedding day to make toasts and what have you. My suggestion would of been to let us know that fact in advance so we could have replaced the beverage selection with a non-alcoholic champagne which we do stock. Also, the driver did say that neither one of you asked about adjusting any controls and you did not advise that you were not pleased with the program selection playing on the TV. Everybody's likes and dislikes are different and it is difficult for us to determine this without direction. During a wedding there are a lot of things going on and everyone has a lot on their minds so we apologize if there was any miscommunication. We are happy that all went well. We at Limos Without Limits thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Sincerely,
    Janine Wallace
    Customer Service Representative

0.2
      1.0
      0.0

My original opinion on the customer service I received resulted in threats from Mike, the owner - so I resolve my opinion with an overall rating, and will state that the limo was on time, exactly what we expected, and the driver was courteous the day of my wedding.

Sent on 12/23/2012

Angela · Married on 06/13/2009

0.0

I booked this limo company for my wedding. 20 minutes before the limo was supposed to arrive, they CANCELED. The reason was a death in the family and my sympathy goes out to the owner. HOWEVER, there should have been a back-up driver provided and there was not. I did my research and shopped around. Price wise they are more expensive than other places, but after reading the reviews and talking to Michael, he assured me I was paying for a service and that they provided the best service. He even told me that if for some reason the driver couldn't make it, there was a back-up driver. Michael, where was the back-up driver? To his credit, he did send my check back and did the honorable thing by not cashing it. But I don't understand how you can run a limo service without back-up drivers.
    The ironic thing is that Michael sent me articles and stories about limo horror stories, saying his company was nothing like the ones mentioned. And yet they turned out to be the casualty of a limo horror story.

Sent on 07/01/2009

Limos Without Limits, Ltd.'s reply:

Hi Angela. I am truely sorry about what happened. All I have to say is that I really hope no one very close to you passes away VERY suddenly and without notice and that you never have to experience that. All our employees and drivers are very close knit and like one big family so that day we all were very distraught from what SUDDENLY happened. It was very crazy that day. Once again I am sorry. I am glad to hear that you got the check back and I am sure you recieved the $280 gift certificate I sent with that check. Take care and congratulations.

Michael Colella, M.S.
    President/CEO

Amy · Married on 05/09/2009

0.0

Here is a little something to know about Limos Without Limits. I was so dissatisfied with the services I wrote him a letter and this is what the owner Mike told me. In this letter is everything he did wrong. I am a pretty laid back person and takes alot to make me mad but I paid 1,440 for 4 hours when we were only in the limo a total of 45 minutes, I would have thought atleast it would have been pleasant.

Hi Mike,

First off I want to tell you that I was not happy with your service at all. I didn't appreciate you calling me while I was getting pictures taken on my wedding day, a half hour before you were suppose to pick up the guys. You were suppose to cash the check the week before the wedding, not moments before pick up and then tell me on my wedding day that you didn't want to bother me all week, but you had the nerve to bother me on MY WEDDING DAY by calling me and saying you weren't going to the first stop without being paid. Secondly, I paid $1440 dollars for a service for our wedding when all you did was complain about my innocent nephew to get out of the car, you put your advertisement of your company in MY WEDDING PICTURES. On top of the fact you passed out cards to everyone that went near the Limo. You also went and asked my photographer, who I paid for for MY pictures so you had a picture for web advertisment. I RENTED AND PAID TOP DOLLAR for MY WEDDING, NOT FOR YOU TO ADVERTISE. YOU EMBARRASSED ME... Also, you ruined my entrance coming out of the church where people could talk to us as a couple for the first time by blocking the door with the limo. You were more concerned of what people said about the limo. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING. We PAID for RED CARPET treatment and you kept the red carpet in the limo on the floor leaning against the front passenger seat. I have never been so disrespected in my life. Especially ON MY WEDDING DAY!! Then you have the nerve to tell me we will owe big money if we are a minute late to the hall, by the way you were 20 minutes late picking up the guys so you owe me for that and don't try to say it was because of my check, because you didn't wait at the bank for it. I had to get my bridesmaid to go to the bank for you and bring it to the house to give to Mike. Upon your arrival, the first thing you wanted was the money. It's sad you thrive for the money and not for the business of happy customers. You gave us a gift certificate for a free robe and champagne which is far different from a $280.00 value to the sybaris. That was false advertisement. You kept saying it was a gift certificate for the sybaris, not a robe voucher. Also, why was I charged that kind of money when Prom Kids pay half for an extra 4 hours. You did nothing different then prom but cheat us of 4 hours and charge us twice as much. I want to be compensated for what I can't replace on my wedding day and what you didn't do that was agreed. You owe me the extra 20 minutes and the ongoing rate for what people charge for advertisement. I just want to thank you one more time for ruining my entrance. That's one thing that you took from me that I will never get back. I hope to hear from you tomorrow, Wed May 13, 2009

Regards

Owners Respone:

You are an obsolute quack and obviously someone who is trying to get something more than she deserves. I can easily address every singles b.s. Complaint you made but I can see the type of person you are so I will not. I did nothing wrong. Nothing at all. Go scam someone else and word to the wise... My heart goes out to your new husband because he is the one that has to deal with your craziness from now on. =

I would never use this company EVER. My husband and friends that were in my wedding sat and wrote that letter together. Then he's trying to tell me I am trying to scam him. Me of all people does not need to scam someone. I have no need to scam someone. I just want what I paid for and he was rude and arrogant. He will be real nice on the phone when you call but you will not be happy will the outcome. That was my wedding and he ruined it.

10/25/09
    Mike I think your forgetting you had a credit card number of mine that your verified because I have it on my statement as well as a $1500 check. Why would I avoid paying for a service for me? Hummm, I'm not really following. But you can say whatever you would like to try to make yourself look better. I have no problem with that. This is America & everyone has a right to voice their opinion. That is why this is called a review & you keep changing your responses. Why is that? And why keep disputing it? But Geez 35 bounced checks would have cost my $1500 in over draft fees. Thats alot of money for someone that doesn't have any, huh? Thats what I paid to sit in your limo for 45 mins... You should really think about the happiness of your customers. You could have nicely responded to me like a normal person when I contacted you the first time but instead you write me a nasty email. And you keep saying that I was drinking. Everyone knows that you can't drink before you go to church! Think before you write. Everything I say on here is the truth. I have 22 people that road in your limo that will agree 100% with me. The more you dispute my reviews the more I am going to write & voice my opinion to others on plenty of other websites. Everyone has a right to know the truth.. In the 5 months that this has been going on. Not one time did you apologize!

1/29/2010! I have more then enough $$ to pay for anything. Obviously if it has been almost a year since you did my wedding & I keep responding to your dumb responses I'm trying to get my point clear here. You did a horrible job & everyone should know. I dont even drink so for you to lie about your own customer to make yourself look better. Wow!! I could also say you look like your were drunk driving, yelling at my nephew to get out of the Limo. How could you yell at a little boy? The only thing I wanted was an apology & you could even man up to that. So you lie & say I was drinking and yelling at my mom. Get a life. Your Limo Company is NOT worth the $$. Like I said before I paid $1500 for 45mins but yet I have no $$ Your trying to slander me saying my bank account was overdrawn. Get a life!! Why don't you tell everyone how you wanted to buy my house that was for sale for 1.5m, but yet I'm poor...lol..... Seriously just admit you were wrong! & did a bad job!!

8/1/2011 - What a joke! I still can't believe that you STILL won't write the truth about this review and keep changing your responses. Every person that writes something bad about your company you make up an excuse to them. Its always someone elses fault. And you did my wedding because you are the driver. NOT because I was up to no good!!

Sent on 05/12/2009

Amy,

For about 3 weeks prior to your wedding, you kept calling our office asking for us to hold off on cashing your check. This occurred 4 times. Each time we were did as you asked. On the day of, we attempted to process it ANOTHER time and there were non sufficent funds. The teller at the bank even advising me that your account was under review for being closed by the bank due to approx. 35 checks being bounced by you throughout the year. I contacted you and you told me that you were very sorry (again) and could I accept cash upon pickup. I once again agreed.
    Once I got there, you were yelling at your mother about the fact that she was asking you not to keep drinking so much so I decided to wait to ask you about payment.
    Amy - I can go on and on about the fabricated review you wrote on here, but I am not going to. We are one of the leading wedding companies in Illinois and we have a great reputation. It is obvious to me that you were just trying to not pay us that day since you did not have the money. I will say this for everyone that reads your review that EVERY single complaint you had was a lie. I, myself even decided to do your wedding since I had a feeling of your true intentions...and I am the owner of this company and I made sure your wedding was done flawlessly.

- Michael Colella, M.S.