Lily's Design Reviews

47 | San Jose, CA

47 Reviews for Lily's Design

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kayla · Married on 10/12/2013

Lily did an awesome job on our unique cake topper. Our cake vendor said that she has seen thousands of cake toppers but had never seen one as detailed and large as ours was. Everyone thought it was so cool and we couldn't believe how closely they resembled our appearances. We received our topper about a week before our wedding and Lily paid for the overnight shipping to ensure that we got it in time to take to our cake vendor as they requested to have it a week before. We couldn't thank her enough for that. We would highly recommend Lily and her services!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Nathalie · Married on 04/28/2013

Lily created our custom wedding cake topper... She was amazing at capturing the details based on pictures and all my guests were floored with the end results! She was very responsive and detailed oriented and made the process fun! The figurines are so cute and we are proudly displaying them now on our mantel.

This is a once in a lifetime event and Lily gave us a long lasting memory of the day that we can look at everyday! Thank you again for everything!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Amada · Married on 03/03/2012

My husband and I loved the cake topper that Lily made for us. She is an artist and we had one of the best and UNIQUE cake toppers of all around the world. It worth every penny. It arrived on time and all our guests were very surprised with such a great idea. We simply loved it!
    Thank you so much!!!!

I THINK IT IS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS IN MY WEDDING.
    Amy

Sent on 04/09/2012

Cathy · Married on 09/10/2011

Lily was great to work with! She responded quickly to all of my emails with clear answers to my questions.
    If you want a fantastic keepsake from your wedding....this is it.
    I was looking for an original topper for the grooms cake and this was just perfect! My husband was blown away by it!
    It was well worth the money...actually, I think our topper is priceless!
    We received MANY compliments on the topper.....such a unique piece of art. I'm so glad that I found Lily in my search.
    Thank you so much Lily.....words just cannot express how much I adore the topper and I'm so proud to display it!

Sent on 09/20/2011

Jen · Married on 09/10/2011

Lily did such an amazing job on our topper. Guests at our wedding absolutely LOVED it! Such a creative idea to hold onto forever. Thank you so much for your talented work Lily :)

Sent on 10/11/2011

Kathryn · Married on 07/02/2011

Lily created the cake topper for my wedding. It was so unique and was such a great touch to our wedding day! Everryone loved the charicatures that looked like us, and now we have it on display in our dining room. It was one of the first things that guests saw when they arrived, since it was on the cake, and I think it really helped to set the tone for a fun event.

Sent on 07/18/2011

Eddie · Married on 07/01/2011

lily made a wedding topper like no other. Martin and I were married on july 1st 2011 and the topper was the talk of the night. Our guest had seen nothing like that in their lives. It is well worth the price. If your looking to stand out from the norm and have a momento to last for years to come Lily has the wedding topper of your dreams!!!

Sent on 07/21/2011

DD · Married on 06/24/2011

Originally, I was searching for an artist who could create accurate, yet caricature-style figurines of our two dogs to be used as a SURPRISE cake topper for our upcoming wedding. Eventually, I found Lily and was blown away by the pictures on her website and her highly rated reviews! After viewing the online examples, I decided that it would be fun to include both of us along with the dogs in our topper. With about two months left until our wedding, I was afraid that Lily would not have time in her schedule to create our topper, but decided to take a chance and email her. She responded within 24 hrs with great news - she was available AND she would get it shipped in time!

After sharing a few pictures and discussions on the design of the topper, I put my trust in Lily's hands (pun intended) and waited for the results. In what seemed like no time at all, she informed me that our topper was completed and ready to ship! She also offered great tips on how to care for it, suggested we get a display case, and included a few small pictures. Even from viewing the tiny pics, I was impressed; and couldn't wait for it to arrive.

It arrived EARLIER than expected and was packaged securely. When I finally unwrapped it (slowly), it was so gorgeous that my jaw dropped. Her attention to detail was so impeccable, that even the tiniest little features were captured. It was exciting to display this beautiful piece of art at our wedding! The cake has been eaten and the wedding day is through, but our topper will remain as a special keepsake that we will always enjoy. Thank you so much, Lily!

Sent on 06/30/2011

Steve · Married on 06/18/2011

We had a wedding topper made by Lily. It was one of the talking points of the day. I would definatly recommend getting one done as it is a unique keep sake.

Steven

Sent on 06/20/2011

Natasha · Married on 06/04/2011

I couldnt believe the small detail on our cake topper. I chose the "fire fighter saving the bride" my husband is a fire fighter and i did this as a wedding gift for him. It was total surprise, He loved that it was so personalised and he was very proud of it and couldnt wait to show it off to the other fire fighters and the cheif at our wedding. A huge hit and i really think it will be something people talk about. I wasnt the least bit worried about the price, Yes it is expensive - But when you think about it you spend around the same price for the cake (and you cant keep it) its definatly worth every cent, and a very nice keep sake for years to come!

Sent on 06/11/2011

Edward · Married on 05/22/2011

Very good work!!!!! Although communication mostly done thru e-mail, Correspondence was very good... Lily's very good to work with, Awesome WORK....!!!!!!! Thanks again.
    Will definetly use your service again... Edward Valderrama

Sent on 06/08/2011

Leigh Erin · Married on 04/30/2011

The cake topper we got was the talk of the wedding. Lily was so patient with me as I could not get the pictures I was sending to be the right size. We were going back and forth, and she never made me feel bad about my technical difficulties. The topper looked great and she got my husband's navy flight uniform perfect. It totally rocked and was worth it!

Sent on 05/14/2011

Marisa · Married on 01/28/2011

Lily's designs made our cake topper for our wedding on January 28,2011 we couldn't have been more pleased it was so beautiful. All we had to do was send a few pictures of myself and my husband in our wedding attire and Lily's deign did all the rest. Our cake topper resembled us exactly!!! what a hit all our family and friends marveled over our cake topper:) So if you are looking for something unique that captures who you are look no further then Lily's deigns!!!

Sent on 02/24/2011

Glory · Married on 11/10/2010

I was looking around for a unique cake topper for our wedding cake and stumbled upon Lily's website. I fell in love immediately with her work because the figurines looked so realistic in comparison to the actual couple that she tries to recreate based on a picture alone. As there were exactly only a month or so left before my wedding I was so worried and didn't really have too high hopes that she would agree to do a topper for me but was ecstatic when she responded and said she would. On her site it states that she needs 4-6 weeks for completion but I got it in my possession exactly under a month and couldn't be happier! Her work is absolutely beautiful; it was a big hit with my family who got to see it in advance before it goes on the cake. Lily was so wonderful to work with as she always responds quickly to any questions you might have and keeps you updated with everything. I already have family who are looking forward to using her services for special ocassions in the very near future. Thank you so much, Lily, for your hard work and time in making our wedding that much more special!!

Sent on 11/10/2010

Sarah · Married on 11/07/2010

Lily did an amazing job on our cake topper. It looked just like us and very beautiful. She took the time to personalize everything. Our friends and family loved it as much as we did. We reccommend her to everyone who wants that added touch on their special day!! We can't thank her enough for her help in customizing it just for us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 11/08/2010

Sarah · Married on 09/18/2010

We were ecstatic with the cake topper Lily Tsai made for us. It was a big hit at the wedding and tons of pictures were taken by the guests. We want to thank Lily’s design for making our wedding even more memorable.
    Sarah & Craig

Sent on 10/25/2010

kelly · Married on 05/15/2010

Lily is the BEST! She was very professional. Quick to respond to any questions or concerns I may have had, and has an increadible attention to detail. She provides excellent work! Thank you for making our wedding even more special than we had dreamed of!

Sent on 08/15/2010

Crystal · Married on 05/12/2010

I had an excellent experience with Lily. First of all she is extremely talented and created for us a beautiful creative cake topper. She always responded to my emails promptly and was very flexible with my design. You will not be dissapointed with her work or her service. Thank you Lily!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Karen · Married on 05/08/2010

My wedding was in May 2010. I got sick after the wedding, moved and started a new job. I am so sorry that I had not done this before. I cannot express how happy and satisfied I was with my cake topper. Everyone loved it. It pretty much was the highlight of the night. I still get compliments today.
    Lily sent the item exactly when she said she would send it. It was beyond perfect and it looked just like us. I have told evryone about her. Thanks again :0)

Sent on 01/18/2011

Christina · Married on 04/17/2010

Lily created a custom snowboarder cake topper for me. It was absolutely incredible the amount of detail shown in our faces, snowboards, and clothing, she is truely a talented artist. The reactions we received from guests at the wedding were priceless and blew everyone away. Lily was very professional in her response to email and answering any questions I had. The cake topper fit into our spring/snowboard theme wedding perfectly and I would recommend her to anyone. Now we have a piece of art from our wedding day that will forever remind us of that day.

Sent on 04/26/2010

Spencer · Married on 04/17/2010

Fantastic job. Great communication.

Sent on 08/20/2010

Nancy · Married on 01/01/2010

While I was researching cake toppers for my sister's wedding, I came across Lily's Design website and found the perfect wedding cake topper. It was a pleasure working with Lily. She lead me through the entire design process and was able to craft whimsical bride and firefighter figurines of my sister and her fiancee as the firefighter sweeps the bride off her feet. Lily's qualiity, workmanship and artistic creativity is outstanding. The future bride and groom are delighted with the cake topper and look forward to using it on their special day.

Sent on 01/03/2010
  • Q

Tina · Married on 11/28/2009

Lily created a unique and one of a kind cake topper for me and my husband! She took our pictures and molded a cute cake topper to look just like us and our actual wedding outfits!!! People were so amazed and everyone asked where did we ever find something like that. No one had ever seen it at any wedding before. When your wedding cake is the centerpiece of your whole ceremony, you want to make sure that what sits on top of it is absolutely amazing! Lily was great through the whole process and I would recommend this to anyone!

Sent on 01/21/2010

Carolyn · Married on 11/07/2009

It was a great pleasure working with Lily to make sure all the details were done just right. I was happy she was able to make the cake topper on time since I procrasinated in contacting her. She kept me well informed all the while she was creating this for me. I will certaintly recommend her to all my family & friends.

Sent on 11/10/2009

Stephanie · Married on 09/12/2009

Lily was Great!!!!! She kept communication open and was quick to answer any questions i may have...My cake topper was more then I couldve asked for.

Sent on 09/18/2009