Light up the Sound Reviews

68 | Milford, MI

68 Reviews for Light up the Sound

1 User photo

Light up the Sound 1

I love supporting small business and I feel I got more than what I paid for with Josh and Light Up The Sound! Josh was professional, got back to me quickly with all of my questions and treated me like I was his VIP client. What made him stand out for me is that he let me completely control my playlist from the first song to the last. He anticipated my needs and with the details that we went over before my wedding, I never had to worry about anything in the music department. He knew what needed to be done and when and never had to approach either myself or anyone in my party to see what I wanted done next. It was a tremendous weight off my shoulders! Lastly, I have never seen better competitive pricing for what I paid for. Most DJs I researched cost more for JUST audio than what I got with Josh with audio AND lights! He made my head table and my dance floor sparkle. I have recommended him to all of my friends and I cant wait to host another event just to work with him again. Brides AND grooms, you won't be disappointed if you book him, trust me!

Sent on 02/10/2015

Jessica · Married on 07/26/2014

My husband and I were married in July 2014 and we are still getting compliments on how much fun our wedding was; this revolved around our DJ! Not only was the Light Up the Sound crew professional, they listened to everything I asked of them and more! I provided them with a play list of songs I wanted and an order of what I wanted done-- they did it! I met the DJ's that would be at our wedding weeks before the actual day; communication until the day of the service was excellent! I cannot stress this enough! Our DJ's didn't just play music, they brought our reception to life with the basic package of lights and sound. They made sure the ceremony started on time, the correct music was played (and didn't drown out my guests), my entire wedding party was announced, the DJ's ran interference for me (the bride) and the venue staff regarding timing of dinner, transitioning to dances, and making general announces (garter toss, cake cutting, etc.) Once the traditional stuff was out of the way, at the request of a crazy guest, the DJ's also offered karaoke for my wedding party and guests. The DJ's also got on the dance floor to help encourage our guests to get up and have a good time. They come highly recommended! -Jessica Flanagan

Sent on 02/10/2015

Todd · event on 05/11/2014

Light Up The Sound is the preferred and sole lighting and stage production company for the nations #1 Bob Seger Tribute Band - Lookin' Back. Josh Fitting (CEO) is the most accomodating video and lighting service provider I have had the pleasure of working with in my years working in "Tributesville". Lookin' forward to the next time! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

Sent on 02/19/2015

Maria · Married on 10/19/2013

We used this DJ for our wedding and were very satisfied. We had full control over what music played and when, and the professionalism exhibited throughout the entire planning process made us feel at ease that we selected the best DJ for us.

Sent on 05/21/2017

Amanda · Married on 08/17/2010

Not only did Josh listen to everything I wanted in my wedding but he was able to go further than I ever thought. He made it such a magical night that I will never forget. I will ALWAYS recommend Light Up the Sound for ANY event.

Sent on 08/13/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/26/2010

Light up the sound offered me more than any other DJ I researched and at a lower price. I had control over what songs I did not want played and the ability to request certain songs I wanted played. They have a wide variety of lighting and even surprised me with a few special ones they knew I would like. I will definitely use them again.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Amy · Married on 03/11/2017

Light Up the Sound was everything we needed at the right price. Josh was our DJ for our wedding, and he was so flexible, great with making professional announcements, and was responsive to both our needs, and to the guests' needs during our reception. The music sounded great! We would definitely choose Light Up the Sound again.

Sent on 03/23/2017

John · Married on 06/15/2019

He did a good job!!

Josh was easy to work with, very detail oriented and did a good job on the big day!!

Sent on 07/07/2019

Nik · Married on 08/12/2017

Josh was a great dj and very easy to work with. The uplighting he set up for our wedding looked awesome.

Sent on 08/25/2017

Cyndi · Married on 10/31/2016

Light up the sound goes beyond customer satisfaction!! Highly recommended!!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Holly · Married on 07/11/2015

Light Up the Sound did a fantastic job at my wedding! The music was great and really got people on their feet. He was totally responsive to what the crowd wanted and kept everyone on the dance floor! The uplifting was gorgeous, the music great and the party rocking!!!

Sent on 07/25/2015

Megan · Married on 06/23/2018

3.5

Josh was great to work with. He follows through with what he says he is going to do. He was responsive to calls/texts, and emails. We rented karaoke equipment for a bday party. The equipment was easy to use, sounded great, and there was a good list of songs to choose from. I would highly recommend Light Up The Sound for your entertainment needs.

Sent on 06/25/2018

Joe · Married on 08/04/2017

Josh was great! Very good at starting a party and keeping it going!

Sent on 08/29/2017

R · Married on 08/23/2018

Josh was a great communicator. The venue looked great with the uplighting and I enjoyed working with him leading up to the wedding. He had very competitive prices. My husband, however, felt that his performance on the day of was a bit lacking, he did not keep the day moving and rolling the way he would have preferred. Overall he did a vey good job.

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • Michael

Michael Song · Married on 07/05/2019

3.0

Fun, engaging DJ but never responded to emails

Light Up the Sound was highly recommended to us by a friend. Josh played a huge part in making our wedding a fun time. He did a great job at getting guests onto the dance floor and keeping them there. We didn't make a specific playlist, but we were more than happy with Josh's song selection. We feel that we got a great value for our money.

Our only quibble with Josh was that he never responded to any of the numerous emails we sent him, even when we asked a specific question or sent a follow-up email. However, Josh was responsive over text message.

Sent on 07/23/2019

Heather · Married on 08/12/2017

4.2

Light up the sound was so affordable and josh who was our DJ was so very nice he did an excellent job with uplighting and entertained my guests all night i don't think the dance floor was ever empty! He let us request songs all night even do a lil karaoke! He did a great job snd i would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/20/2017

Andie · Married on 08/05/2017

4.2

Josh was a hit at our wedding!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2017

3.6
      3.0
      3.5
      2.5

This is definitely a minimal frills DJ that will do the job at an affordable price. I had a hard time communicating with him via email as the responses were typically grammatically incorrect, short responses even though I had sent questions about details for the day. On the phone, he seemed to have everything under control and was accommodating to our requests. I wasn't very impressed when he stumbled on announcing our wedding party names but he did a good job keeping the events moving, playing fun/appropriate music, and MCing the games we had.

Sent on 06/28/2017