Life in Bloom Reviews

67 | Chicago, IL

67 Reviews for Life in Bloom

Andrea · Married on 07/20/2014

Rachel is absolutely amazing. She exceeded my expectations and her flowers literally brought our wedding to life. I showed her a lot of pictures of what I imagined and she recreated them even better. My favorite flowers are peonies and hard to find in the summer in the midwest but she made it happen! Our reception tables were magical and I got so many compliments from guests saying that the flowers were so impressive and that it was the prettiest wedding they'd been to. Do yourself a favor and hire Rachel from Life in Bloom. She is a gem and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Missy · Married on 07/12/2014

We were completely satisfied and in awe of the floral designs created for our wedding. We had contacted Rachel about ten months prior to our event and she was very responsive and easy to work with from the beginning. We wanted "simple and elegant" for our wedding and Life in Bloom definitely delivered. We were particularly pleased with the corsages Rachel created for our bridesmaids. Additionally, both of our bouquets were stunning. Because our other decor involved white table cloths and small votive candles, the bouquets she created stood out and we didn't need anything besides the arrangements for our tables. We highly recommend Life in Bloom. Many thanks! Missy and Sara

Sent on 08/31/2014

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2014

Rachel made it easy from day one. My husband and I were nervous for our first meeting with the florist because we are no experts! Rachel had tons of options for us to look at and great ideas. Within the first five minutes of us meeting, I was 100% confident that Rachel would do a fantastic job and make our vision a reality.

When the bouquets arrived the morning of, I was thrilled, they were absolutely gorgeous! Later, at our wedding venue, my husband and I were were stunned at how amazing everything looked. We know this was in large part due to Rachel. She had three different table arrangements that were all beautiful and everything was elegantly arranged. I cannot tell you how many compliments I received on the flowers.

If anyone is looking for a tasteful, unique, gorgeous touch for their special occasion, Life in Bloom is the way to go!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Rachel at Life in Bloom did the personal florals and centerpieces for our summer wedding at Salvage One and I could not be more pleased with the results. Her work is breathtaking!

Going into my first meeting with Rachel, I had an idea of color palettes that I liked, but mostly that I wanted the flowers to look timeless. After looking through Rachel's portfolio (a Pinterest pinner’s dream come true, by the way), I immediately knew choosing Life in Bloom would be one of the best wedding vendor decisions I would make...and I was right! =) The flowers were stunning and we received numerous compliments on them even after the wedding was over.

Not only is Rachel truly an artist at arranging florals, but she is also an extremely kind, responsive person. I highly recommend Life in Bloom!

Sent on 10/05/2014

I had a limited idea of what I wanted when I first contacted Life in Bloom and Rachel was able to take my limited descriptions and Pinterest inspiration and turn them into something more beautiful than I could have dreamed of. Everything was amazingly beautiful and the centerpieces took my breath away when I saw them. Flowers wound up being my surprise splurge and it was totally worth it. I haven't seen a single picture of Life in Bloom's work that I didn't like so it was an easy choice that I would totally recommend to everyone.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Mackalah · Married on 06/07/2014

I would highly recommend Life in Bloom to all brides who have a vision for their special day! Rachel was fantastic to work with and so helpful. I showed Rachel some ideas I had and expressed my vision for a textured, blush bouquet. Rachel was very knowledgable and created the most beautiful floral arrangements for our special day! Rachel has a vision to create unique floral arrangements that reflect your personality. Life in Bloom went above and beyond my expectations!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/03/2014

The entire experience working with Life in Bloom was fantastic! Rachel did an amazing job capturing our vision and making it come to life! Our flowers were simply breathtaking. She is such a talent and we look forward to working with Life in Bloom for future events!

Sent on 05/08/2014

Rachel was amazing, very creative, and responsive. The flower arrangements were beautiful, original, and really captured our sense of style. Our wedding was at the Modern Wing of the Art Instutute of Chicago and the flowers perfectly matched the contemporary venue. Before we met with Rachel, we had no idea what we were looking for, but she helped us make the perfect choices. Thank you so much, Rachel!!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Corrie · Married on 06/15/2013

Rachel with Life in Bloom designed and created the bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces at our wedding. Everything turned out beautifully, and we loved working with her! We received countless compliments on how gorgeous and creative all of the arrangements were.

When my husband and I first met Rachel we had some ideas, but were not very knowledgeable about flowers. She was able to understand our vision, and make suggestions that matched the style of our wedding. Before our wedding day, we had a mock-up where Rachel set up samples of how our centerpieces would look. It helped us to envision the day.

Also, our venue’s catering manager raved about Rachel’s talents. She was extremely organized and helpful in setting up the reception hall. She made sure that every detail was taken care of.

Rachel was a pleasure to work with, and was always available to answers questions. She made the process so easy, and I completely trusted her opinion. She was honest, knowledgeable, and has a great eye. I would absolutely recommend Life in Bloom!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Katie · Married on 04/26/2013

Working with Rachel was a dream!

She was one of the few florists that I contacted that responded to me in a timely fashion. When we met for an initial consultation, she brought samples that really matched the look I was going for - I knew that she would be the perfect florist. Over the next several months she sent me ideas and feedback on ideas I presented. One of my crazy ideas was to spray paint glass bottles to look like mercury glass, a job I thought I would have time for but quickly realized that was not going to happen - Rachel took on the project and executed it beautifully. She not only created gorgeous tablescapes but also amazing personals and she designed our escort cards.

Aside from floral design, she was the final eye on all decor. She set up our ceremony space, hanging lanterns in trees and our reception space, hanging string lights throughout the venue. She made me feel confident that our day would be perfect and it really was.

Working with Rachel was easy. She took a lot of stress away from the day. I really loved working with Rachel and can't wait to refer to my future bride friends.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Rachel has an amazing eye for design and was able to help me take the ideas I had in my head and bring them to life.

She is very easy to work with and made sure that I was happy with every decision that was made throughout the whole process. I'm not a very artistic person myself, and she was very patient with looking through different flowers with me and helping me identify and piece together what exactly it was that I wanted. She not only created my floral arrangements, but helped with the overall styling and design for both my ceremony and reception and helped make our venue romantic with some vintage touches.

After talking twice about ideas, she put together a mini mock up to show me how everything would look together - this was so helpful and really made me see what the complete package would be. I changed my mind on a few things along the way and it was never a problem getting them adjusted.

Rachel was really organized on the day of and it all turned out beautiful!! She really made my design dreams come true and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Jessie · Married on 05/28/2011

Life in Bloom/ Rachel was one of the best decisions I ever made when it came time to choose a floral designer for my wedding day. Rachel was extremely organized and helped me create exactly what I had envisioned my bridesmaids to hold, the church to look like, and the reception hall to look like. Of course my bouquet was exactly what I wanted as well, big beautiful white and cream bouquet. She had tons of creative & unique ideas to help make my day be perfect. She created awesome mock ups to show me how different flowers would look together against different color schemes. She was super easy to get a hold of incase I had a few last minute questions or additional ideas I wanted to go over with her. I would hands down recommend Life in Bloom to anyone looking for a floral designer to help you make your wedding or event day as gorgeous as possible.

Sent on 07/19/2012

Dana · Married on 10/27/2017

Life In Bloom did an amazing job with every detail of our wedding day! The bridal bouquet was absolutely STUNNING... seriously the most beautiful floral piece I have ever seen. And the bridesmaids bouquets were a beautiful compliment. The centerpieces at the dinner tables were so beautiful and fit perfectly with the colors of our wedding. Everything just looked so great together. Rachel was also fabulous to work with! Very flexible and easy to explain everything to. When I was planning the wedding, I could only provide Rachel with pictures because I do not know flowers at all. She did an outstanding job turning my ideas into a reality!

Sent on 11/12/2017
  • User3719275 · 2+ years ago

I've received so many compliments on our flowers! The pearl bracelets for the corsages were a great touch of class.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/06/2015

3.0

Rachel was such a pleasure to work with. We planned our wedding from abroad and she was very responsive by email and even set up a few Skype sessions for us to talk about what we were looking for. She was really flexible with small changes that we made throughout the process. We had a really specific look that we were going for and the flowers turned out just as we had imagined them. The centrepieces were just perfect and the bouquets were amazing.
    Thanks so much!

Sent on 10/11/2015

Susan · Married on 07/02/2016

2.5

Rachel was great to work with! She is SOOOOO amazing at what she does. She is young, cool, and "gets it." My favorite story is that I filled out her questionnaire prior to our first meeting and I swear to you she had an entire Pinterest board that looked IDENTITCAL to mine and knew exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 11/15/2016
  • Brian

Brian Amoah · Married on 06/06/2020

Stay away,

Due to covid, we requested that they transfer our deposit to another date. We were told that our contract was cancelled, and that we could sign up for a new date, but wouldn't get the old deposit back, and instead would have to send more money. When we told the owner, Rachel, that all the other vendors were accommodating us, she replied "too bad you signed a contract you don't like."

Sent on 05/20/2020