Life in Bloom Reviews

67 | Chicago, IL

67 Reviews for Life in Bloom

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2016

Stop your wedding florist search here! Life in Bloom executed our wedding vision like a complete dream. I knew nothing about flowers and that part of wedding planning seemed the most overwhelming to me. I showed her a few ideas of what I liked and the end result was 10 times more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. Rachel is such a bargain for her quality of work and I'd recommend her to anyone. Having dealt with non-responsive florists prior to meeting her, I recognized immediately how responsive she was and that continued throughout the entire process. You truly can't ask for more out of a wedding florist, choosing Rachel was one of the best decisions we made!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Nancy · Married on 05/07/2016

Our flowers were perfect! My husband and I know nothing about flowers and Rachel was able to take our little direction and knowledge and turn it into something wonderful! She was also able to work with our budget and create exactly what we wanted. Everyone loved our lush bouquets and all of the flowers across our fireplace mantle. So glad we chose Life in Bloom :)

Sent on 06/03/2016

Rachel and her team were absolutely amazing! I could not have been happier with my flowers, drapery and candles. I gave them a ton of pictures with my "vision" (if you could even call it that) and they brought it to life in the most beautiful way. Rachel was patient with me as I'm entirely clueless about decor. I even asked her a question during the process that wasn't in the scope of what they were providing. Rachel was gracious and offered her advice. I'm someone who knows what she likes, but struggles to picture it all together. When I walked into the venue and saw everything come together, it was such a special moment. I couldn't say enough good things about Life in Bloom and I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 04/05/2016

Jen · Married on 10/31/2015

Rachel was the floral designer for my sister's wedding in Chicago, and, although I live and got married in Michigan, I did not have a second thought about reaching out to Rachel to do the flowers for our wedding. Flowers were the most important "thing" to me about our ceremony and reception and, after seeing her beautiful work at my sister's wedding, I had no doubts she could make my visions come to life. Rachel was very easy to work with, understood my vision and created something even better than I imagined. I'm so thrilled she traveled all the way to Southeast Michigan to do our wedding. The flowers looked beautiful and fresh like they were from right down the street. We received so many compliments from our wedding guests and our other wedding vendors about her work. I think she is very reasonable for the level of creativity and design. Even looking through her blog, you can see no two wedding are alike - they all start from the couple's blank pallet and ideas are built from there. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Brenna · Married on 10/24/2015

I was referred to Rachel from a friend who was familiar with her from the University of Illinois. After looking at Life in Bloom's website, and instagram, I contacted Rachel to discuss my needs and pricing. Her responses were always prompt, and she was very accommodating to my scheduling needs. Some brides are very particular in the vision for their wedding day, I however, was completely vague. I was able to tell Rachel what I didn't want, but wasn't able to describe exactly what I was looking for. She handled my indecision so very kindly, and never once made me feel like a burden. After our initial meeting, she sent me an inspiration board detailing ideas she had for our big day. The board was perfect. It encompassed all the things I had mentioned I liked in a beautiful, cohesive manner. After seeing the inspiration board, I knew we had found our florist! In the months between our meeting and the wedding, Rachel was very accommodating to any changes I proposed, and sent photos to accompany all suggestions. On our big day, Rachel brought the bridal floral to the salon in Naperville, so we would have it for our first look. The flowers were so beautiful, they made me cry! Throughout the night, I received many compliments on our centerpieces, and the beautiful garland we included in the ceremony and at the head table! Working with Life in Bloom was an absolute dream, and the end product was worth every single penny. I would highly recommend at least scheduling a consultation to see what beautiful ideas Rachel has for your wedding!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Shannon · Married on 10/24/2015

Life in Bloom provided flowers for our wedding ceremony and reception. The flowers, vases and candles were elegant and beautiful. We received so many comments from our guests about how pretty the flowers looked! Everything was conducted professionally and Rachel's creativity shined on our wedding day. I highly recommend Life in Bloom for weddings and other events.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Catie · Married on 10/03/2015

Rachel and her team were wonderful to work with throughout the entire process. After I briefly explained what I had envisioned she created an amazing proposal that was beyond what I could have asked for. She was so responsive to my questions and even worked in some last minute changes I requested. Seeing it all come together on the big day was breathtaking and I continue to have guests raving about the floral at our wedding!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Rachel did an incredible job for our wedding. We had to make several changes and she was so accommodating and had great suggestions. Life in Bloom's pricing was right on point and I would recommend them to everyone. Rachel mastered the organic and relaxed look we were going for. Communication was wonderful even through busy wedding season. I was blown away our wedding day from the bouquets to the ceremony and reception decor. Don't look any further for a florist! They are amazing!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Kassie · Married on 08/01/2015

We worked with Rachel for our August 2015 wedding. From the initial consultation to the day of the wedding, we were extremely happy with the experience. Rachel is very talented and brought our vision to life. You can tell that she puts a lot of care into each and every wedding she works on, resulting in truly unique and creative designs for every wedding! We had a lot of compliments on our floral arrangements at the wedding thanks to Rachel! She was very easy to work with and incorporated some of our own décor into her arrangements (homemade tree slices, piece of my mom’s wedding dress, etc.) without a hitch. We definitely recommend using Life in Bloom for your wedding florals!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Rachel and her team were absolutely amazing!

My fiance and I went into our first meeting knowing hardly anything about flowers other than we wanted everything to look natural, earthy, somewhat undone, and that we were on a budget. Rachel was able to work with us right from the start to develop a beautiful vision for both our ceremony and reception that fit within our constraints. The entire planning process was so simple and Rachel was so helpful in answering questions and addressing concerns (which you can't always say about every vendor you work with!) She was even able to help us with some last-minute additional reception setup, and took extreme care with managing every detail. I requested a fresh floral crown to wear the day of and put my full faith in Rachel to determine what would pair best with my bouquet - it turned out to be my favorite floral piece of the day!

Chicagoland area brides, you MUST go with Life In Bloom!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Morgan · Married on 06/27/2015

My flowers (I mean our flowers) came out better than I could have dreamed! They were outstanding!!

Sent on 12/20/2015

Laura · Married on 06/20/2015

We chose to work with Rachel after she was highly recommended to us by another florist. From our first interaction to the day of our wedding she was wonderful! She really delivered everything we were looking for; elegant yet not overdone. It was just the right amount for our taste. And even after our venue neglected to tell us they had disposed of they're round table a month before the wedding, Rachel still managed to stay within our budget and create something beautiful. We got so many complements from our table arrangements to my gorgeous bouquet (till this day, I still have people asking about it). Other people have asked who our florist was, and I'm not sure if at the end of the day they've used her... But I can absolutely say I'd recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 03/03/2016

Sangeeta · Married on 05/23/2015

Rachel made our floral wedding process seamless. From the beginning, she was able to speak of our flowers in such a way that allowed for us to truly envision them. She is very knowledgeable with flowers and extremely innovative. I had never seen anything like what she created and it was such a beautiful creation and surprise to see on our wedding day. She was extremely responsive and professional in all communications and was a delight to work with in person, over the phone and via email. She helped connect me with other vendors too, which helped the overall flow of our wedding day. I would absolutely recommend Rachel to anyone to use.

Sent on 11/28/2015

Kristy · Married on 05/16/2015

I highly recommend Rachel and Life in Bloom. Dreaming about a wedding and actually putting ideas into reality can be very different experiences. However, Rachel's expertise, artistic eye and sweet demeanor made the process so much less overwhelming. I adore flowers! Thus, the flowers for my wedding were extremely important to me and the overall look and feel I wanted for my big day. Romantic, romantic, romantic was what I wanted... and Rachel delivered! I saw the ceremony space and my flowers for the first time when I walked down the aisle - it literally took my breath away! Rachel's work is simply GORGEOUS!!! Our bouquets, centerpieces for the reception and special details throughout the space were equally to die for - we got so many compliments! Everything was just so SO pretty. I STILL dream about the magical celebration Rachel helped us create and execute and cannot believe how fortunate I was to find her and work with her. I highly recommend Rachel and Life in Bloom and hope to have the opportunity to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 12/06/2015

Shannon · Married on 11/15/2014

Rachel knew exactly what I wanted for my wedding day. It was as if she could see my vision as clearly as I did making it easy for Rachel to completely understand what I wanted for our wedding day. The flowers and centerpieces were absolutely beautiful. Everyone commented on how gorgeous our flowers and centerpieces were at the church and reception. Rachel was also very professional and easy to work with. She knew just what to do in order to make our wedding very beautiful and romantic. I had a very positive experience with this company and would recommend Rachel to any couple looking for a creative and talented florist to help ensure a perfect wedding. Rachel, thank you so much again for all of your beautiful work.

Sent on 03/09/2015

Carly · Married on 11/14/2014

Life in Bloom was an amazing company to work with. Rachel, the owner and lead designer, turned my vision into a reality! She listened carefully to what I wanted, gave her input and professional guidance when I needed it and was very easy to get ahold of throughout the entire planning process. The day of the wedding everything arrived on time and all the flowers were of very high quality. From the bridal party’s bouquets to the centerpieces at the reception venue, all the floral arrangement were absolutely stunning. Life in Bloom was very reasonably priced and was willing to work with the budget I had in mind. I had a very positive experience with the company and would definitely recommend it to any bride and groom.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Alyssa · Married on 11/01/2014

Rachel was an absolute pleasure to work with for our November wedding at The Rookery, and the flowers and arrangements she delivered on our wedding day were spot on. I was actually a little worried about everything since I actually didn't have a chance to even meet Rachel until the morning of the wedding (I was planning the wedding from Seattle, and all of our communication had been via email, phone, or Skype). But she was always on top of things, replied quickly to any of our questions, and most importantly, she nailed the fall look that we were going for just through my vague descriptions and requests (I'm definitely no floral expert!). The bouquets for me and the bridesmaids were beautiful and the corsages and boutonnieres were elegant. We didn't have a gigantic budget set aside for flowers, but Rachel was more than willing to adjust to our needs. We were very happy with the end result and would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Maureen · Married on 10/25/2014

Life in Bloom made my wedding the most beautiful event I have ever been to. Rachel was very flexible and knew exactly what I wanted. I can not sing her praises enough!! I suggest her to anyone that wants beautiful flower arrangement at their wedding!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2014

Future Brides, You should hire Rachel! LIfe in Bloom did amazing work for my husband and my wedding! First of all, she was so kind in caring about our vision. She listened thoughtfully and was so attentive to the detail in honoring my flower vision. Secondly, she was so professional. Hiring her, was never any stress to my husband and I. She was punctual, organized, detailed, and very helpful. Finally, her work was amazing! The flowers exceeded my expectations! She provided bridal flowers, floral crowns, garland, ceremony arch, center pieces, and more. It was so lovely. Thank you for all your beautiful work, Rachel :)

Sent on 02/15/2015

Alysha · Married on 10/03/2014

Rachel was amazing! I didn't know much about flowers, and just took in some pictures and she made it better than I could have imagined. Everything matched perfectly and looked beautiful. She knew what I was looking for and was able to create beautiful center pieces and bouquets in my budget. She even helped out with other things on the wedding day! I absolutely loved working with her! She took so much stress and worry off my plate so I could enjoy my day. :)

Sent on 12/10/2014

Tieg · Married on 09/27/2014

My husband and I used Rachel for our September wedding and were beyond thrilled with the final results!

From the beginning, we received nothing but prompt and professional responses and answers to all of our questions. Rachel made it a point to make herself available via email and whenever we asked to meet (three times in total).

I get the feeling that when it comes to flowers, brides can either been super laid back or super specific - I definitely aired on the side of super specific. Rachel met all of my super detailed requests with nothing but, patience and kindness. I had a challenging time envisioning what the finished product would look so Rachel actually sketched up options which were super helpful - we also did an actual mock up which I think is 100% worth the extra cost as it helps bring everything to life, especially for those that are pulling from a few different ideas, photos, etc.

Rachel was also very good about keeping us within budget and advising when revisions we were requesting would result in incremental costs due to the type of flower we were adding, etc. (you would think that any vendor would naturally do this but frankly, not many do...). When an addition was on the more costly side, she would proactively suggest similar flowers that would give us the same look and feel. She also setting up of the non-floral centerpieces, candles, etc. which was a tremendous help!!!!

The day of the wedding came and I could not have been more thrilled with the final products - the bouquets, ceremony pieces, centerpieces - everything was PERFECT and set up smoothly!!! If you are looking for a vendor that displays professionalism and a true passion for her job at a reasonable price, look no further!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2014

bailey · Married on 09/13/2014

WOW!

The beautiful work that Rachel did for my wedding was beyond words. Anything and everything I envisioned she accomplished. From the moment we spoke and I told her my thoughts, she was able to capture the vision perfectly.

All of the guests were very complimentary of the unique arrangements and all of our beautiful bouquets.

Not only that, but Rachel was phenomenal to work with. So nice, caring, timely, and organized - I couldn't have been happier!

I highly recommend Life in Bloom to any bride and groom, I know you will be pleased!

Sent on 09/29/2014

My husband and I did not want to spend a lot on flowers. In fact, I wasn't sold on having them in our wedding at all. We met with Rachel and were very excited about her ideas and willingness to work with us and incorporate our ideas. The quality of service, responsiveness, and flexibility was excellent. The best part for us was the value. We were very happy with what we were able to receive within our budget. The flowers turned out very lovely. My favorite part was the pink rose petals and fern with the candles. Thank you Rachel for helping us create our beautiful wedding!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Katie · Married on 08/23/2014

There were literally no negatives with working with Rachel and Life in Bloom. It was such a great experience from start to finish and our flowers were absolutely GORGEOUS. Here are key reasons why I would highly recommend Life in Bloom for your big day:

- Rachel really listens and gets a vision for what you want your wedding to look like. She provided a mood board to help demonstrate the palate for your wedding, and I must say that she completely blew expectations out of the water and our flowers were absolutely stunning
    - My bridal bouquet was the most gorgeous bouquet I've ever seen - it was like something out of a bridal spread in a magazine - and it made our wedding pictures that much more gorgeous
    - The value for what you get is great
    - Rachel is so responsive, flexible and a true pleasure to work with. You can tell that she puts personal care into everything that she does

She was one of our favorite wedding vendors to work with and we absolutely would recommend her for your wedding, rehersal dinner, shower, or any major event!

Sent on 10/16/2014

christina · Married on 08/15/2014

Rachel did an amazing job on our wedding flowers! She came up with lots of creative ideas and was very knowledgeable about flowers. She did a table mock up a few weeks before so I could see how it would look and make adjustments. I couldn't have been happier with how they turned out on our wedding day! We received so many compliments on the flower arrangements.

Sent on 09/14/2014