Life Celebrations Reviews

Life Celebrations 3
Life Celebrations 4
Life Celebrations 5

Amy · Married on 05/29/2017

I would highly recommend Brian Lyke as your officiant for your special day. We were supposed to get married in Big Sur, CA on Memorial Day 2017 and after the Pfeiffer Bridge collapsed we were forced to find plan B which truly transformed into plan A as we got married at the Highlands Inn in Carmel.
    Brian truly took the time to get to know Mark & I, we had the pleasure of meeting Brian the summer of 2016 in Carmel and we were able to tell him our “story”, explain our journey, how we met, our families, and how we wanted the message and vibe during the ceremony. One year later, Brian was kind enough to be at our rehearsal to walk us through the process and on the day of our wedding Brain told a beautiful story about our journey. Reflecting back on that day, Brain selected the perfect words and emotion to make our ceremony one to remember.
    Also, Brian’s follow up while we went through this process was exceptional. There were plenty of emails being traded throughout the year and he was always the first one to get back with me. He is an excellent communicator, and someone who puts you at ease with a calm demeanor and approach. He is truly a professional at what he does and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/07/2017

richard · Married on 05/20/2017

book as early as possible, be sure to secure venue.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Sydnie · Married on 05/13/2017

Brian was our officiant for our April 28, 2018 wedding at Holman Ranch and he was fantastic! Brian really listened to what we wanted and came up with a ceremony that was so heartfelt, special, and completely encompassed my husband and I. All of our guests commented on how great the ceremony was and there was definitely a lot of crying! We can't thank Brian enough for making our ceremony better than we could've hoped. Thanks Brian!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Marissa · Married on 05/10/2017

My husband and I can't say enough about our wonderful experience with Brian! We live in PA and decided to elope in Big Sur, CA. We didnt know where to even begin considering we had never even been to that part of CA before. Once I reached out to Brian he was quick to reply and quide us through everything from the ceremony, to obtaining our license, to the best place to stay in Big Sur. He made us feel connected during the entire process! When our big day came, he was on time and professional. He made us feel calm, and right at home! He created the most beautiful ceremony, exactly what my husband and I wanted! To top it off, he knew of a secret location for the ceremony that was abosolutely breathtaking! We HIGHLY recommend Brian!

Sent on 05/15/2017

Donna · Married on 04/22/2017

Brian had some great ideas for the service that I never would have thought of. Listen to his ideas.

Sent on 04/27/2017

Shanda · Married on 04/15/2017

We interviewed a few different people to marry us but the minute I spoke to Brian I knew he was the one :)
    He's happy, fun and grounded in scripture without being too biblical. Meaning we go to church weekly and wanted our marriage built around scripture but also wanted people who don't go to church to feel connected to the ceremony. We couldn't be happier with Brian.. He is the BEST in my opinion!

Sent on 04/18/2017

Emily · Married on 04/01/2017

Brian was available at the last minute to officiate my wedding on 4.1.17 due to a cancellation from my previous Officiant. Brian was very flexible and listed to my needs. He created a beautiful ceremony for our beach wedding and couldn't of asked for more. He was on time, even when I wasn't due to some parking issues along the beach in Monterey. He was courteous and very quick to send us a copy of our marriage license in the mail. We received it right when we go back from our honeymoon! I would highly recommend Brian to you if you are looking for an Officiant for your wedding!

Sent on 04/08/2017

Barbara · Married on 03/08/2017

Brian was not only willing to perform our ceremony, but he agreed on very short notice to help, and provided several beautiful ceremony examples and gorgeous wedding sites from which to choose. As he performed the ceremony, we could feel his sincerity and genuine interest and care for our vows as well as the way we wanted them to be spoken. We feel he was "meant to be" our officiant and we are thankful he responded so quickly and positively to our request for his services. He even helped us take photos following our beautiful, intimate, meaningful wedding on the Carmel Beach bluff. I recommend him to anyone who wants a true, genuine, helpful and thorough person to help with your wedding vows/ceremony.

Sent on 03/20/2017
  • F

Fallon · Married on 02/11/2017

My husband and I were married by Brian 2/11/17.
    Brian is an expert at working with people. My husband and I met with him for 30 minutes and proceeded to pick vows and readings from his inventory by e-mail exchanges. With this little information he transformed a beautiful ceremony, which was genuine and told our story impeccably.

He is a genius of capturing personalities and creating a personal and heartfelt ceremony. It's as if he knew us for years. I highly recommend his services.

Thank you Brian!!!

Sent on 02/18/2017

Hailey · Married on 11/12/2016

Brian was incredible at our wedding. He took the time early on to get to know us and how we came together as a couple. He was timely, courteous, calming and patient to insure our event was perfect. I would recommend Brian to anyone who needs an officiant for their wedding day. Thanks for a wonderful ceremony Brian!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Christina · Married on 11/08/2016

I found Brian through glowing reviews on Wedding Wire and I totally understand why! I wanted to surprise my husband on our anniversary with renewing our vows on the beach. Being the procrastinator that I am I waited a few days before to try and figure out details but to my luck Brian was available. We talked on the phone for a bit I gave him some background on our history as a couple and followed up by sending him a link to our wedding video. On the day of we met Brian at Carmel beach around sunset and nothing could have prepared me for the touching sermon he created. With our conversation and wedding video, he created the most beautifully personalized ceremony. My husband and I both were teary-eyed from his touching words. Don't hesitate book Brian! He is truly amazing and you can see the passion he has for helping couples celebrate their love.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Carla · Married on 11/04/2016

We absolutely loved working with Brian for our wedding at Folktale Winery in Carmel Valley. Brian was able to capture everything we wanted to include in our ceremony and more. He was extremely kind with his words which resonated deeply with all in attendance. Thank you Brian, it was an absolute pleasure meeting you and having you officiate our wedding, the ceremony will always hold a very special place in our hearts!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Julia · Married on 10/23/2016

Brian did a FABULOUS job. He made our ceremony so personal and special, letting us add things we wanted while also giving us ideas about what we could include. We are so happy with how our ceremony turned out and still hear from out guests months later about how special our ceremony was.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

Brian was incredible.
    Organized. Thoughtful. Flexible. Professional. Kind.
    everything we could have wished for in an officiator.
    Wouldn't have changed a thing!!!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Nayelli · Married on 10/14/2016

As deeply spiritual, yet non-denominational, individuals with distinct religious upbringings, my now-husband and I were in search of an officiant for our wedding who reflected our expansive view of spirituality, and could help us prepare for this important milestone in our lives. As with divine providence, we were extremely fortunate to have found Rev. Brian Lyke to officiate our wedding! Not only did he support our journey down the isle by providing guidance and imparting wisdom from his many years of doing this work, but he worked with us to create a ceremony that reflected our values and vision. His loving presence and generous spirit -- not to mention his professionalism and reliability -- provided the necessary grounding to help make our wedding ceremony exceptionally special. It truly was a blessing to have Rev. Brian Lyke officiate our wedding, and we are ever so grateful.

Sent on 12/13/2016

Travis · Married on 10/01/2016

Brian was amazing! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect cermony!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/01/2016

I rarely write reviews. Mainly because I have never been that impressed with a service that I felt inclined to share it with the world. However, Brian certainly deserves a few words from this bride!

Brian was refereed by many satisfied people but it wasn't until I met him that I truly understood what the big fuss was about. After, i spoke with him on the phone, exhanged a few emails and saw him for the reversal and the day of our wedding. The greatest part is that he is not needy. And I mean that Brain does not send you pointless emails or ask you awkward questions about the relationship you and your soon to be spouse have. He simply feels you both out and is able to read you without much effort. Brian wrote our ceremony beautifully. He captured my husband and I in such a perfect way. He made simple and appropriate jokes while also being so sincere and genuine in his words. Brian also let us use some creativetivity of unique traditions and not only did he embrace them, he seemed to enjoy it! It's clear that he loves his role in such a special day.

It's been a little over 3 weeks since our wedding and I still have friends and family expressing how incredible the ceremony was with Brian leading it. He makes an impact for sure.

I recommend Brian to anyone who is looking for a positive energy into your wedding ceremony. You will not be disappointed!!!!

Rachel & Guilherme

Sent on 10/24/2016

Mark · Married on 09/28/2016

We decided to have our wedding in the Big Sur having travelled through there in 2012. As we both reside in the UK we had to rely on online reviews when selecting someone to officiate our wedding and it soon became apparent who the best candidate was. Our initial contact with Brian was by email and we valued his expertise in helping to design our wedding ceremony. Brian talked us through the different options regarding the ceremony and was happy to cater for our slightly less formal wedding.

When we met Brian for the 1st time we knew we’d made a great selection for our big day. Brian had a big smile, was friendly & talked us through the ceremony. He answered all of our questions with professionalism & even helped us refine the flow of the ceremony. When Brian delivered the service we were both amazed at how he had captured both of us as individuals and as a couple. Brian had clearly taken a lot of time to craft his message and all of our guests commented on Brian’s kind words. We would recommend Brian to any couple. Mark & Laura

Sent on 10/18/2016

April · Married on 09/24/2016

Working with Brian was very easy and he was very responsive to the ideas we had throughout the process. By the end of my time working with him he felt like part of the family. It was a special experience and I am very glad we went with Brian.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Terri · Married on 09/18/2016

I cant say enough of how Rev Brian made our wedding day so special. From day 1 of meeting him he made it easy and asked all the right questions. He listen and when he sent me the rehearsal ceremony I could not believe how much he listened cause he sounded like he knew us our whole life and not just the 30 minute's we meet at Starbucks! If you are searching for the perfect person to marry you choose Brian cause you will not regret it!!! I sure am glad I did!!! My wedding was perfect and he helped make it happen!!!

Sent on 10/03/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/04/2016

Brian was an amazing officiant. One of the biggest reasons why we chose him was because he made us feel at ease when we were around him. He engaged our guests in the ceremony which we loved! All of our guests said the length of the ceremony was perfect, not too long but not too short. It was about 25-30 minutes long. We're so grateful to have worked with him!

Sent on 09/25/2016
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/26/2016

Rev. Brian Lyke was a pleasure to work with! He listened to us on what we were looking for in our ceramony and gave great suggestions, which made our ceromony unique and beautiful. He was very quick to reply to all our emails and helpful every time. The ceremony was beautiful and we couldn't be happier that Brian was a part of our special day! - Amanda B

Sent on 09/08/2016

Kathy · Married on 08/24/2016

Brian was very on top of things. We appreciated his positive attitude throughout the process of organizing our wedding. He was a delight and was especially outstanding in working with us on our vows, location. Carmel beach is an ideal location for a wedding. The weather was beautiful and the sand incredible. Thank you so much Brian. David and Kathy Littleton

Sent on 10/04/2016

David · Married on 07/09/2016

I can't recommend Brian highly enough!! Choosing an wedding officiant is a daunting task because the officiant will either make or break the entire ceremony. I am happy to say that Brian MADE ours. He was kind enough to meet me and my partner on several occasions before the wedding so that he could get to know us and craft a ceremony that suited us personally. Although Brian is a religious/spiritual man, he was gracious enough to marry my and my husband, a couple of gay atheists! Brian has so much love and understanding in his heart, we feel extremely grateful that he shared it with us and gave us such a touching ceremony. I highly recommend him to any couple.

Sent on 07/30/2016
  • Corinna

Corinna · Married on 06/17/2016

Brian was not only a total professional but was very warm and welcoming when we first met with him. He was very organized and was able to provide suggestions and advice when we had any questions and concerns. He was readily and quickly available by email throughout our planning which we really appreciated. He was able to run our rehearsal for us and did an awesome job during our ceremony! He took the time to get to know us and our story and used that to help create a truly intimate and personalized ceremony! We even had a few guests comment on the great job he did! I would hands down recommend his services to anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding! Thank you Brian!

Sent on 06/20/2016