Liberty Mountain Resort Reviews

Liberty Mountain Resort 5
Liberty Mountain Resort 6
Liberty Mountain Resort 7
  • User3420680 · 2+ years ago

Liberty was a great venue for our day! We held our Rehearsal Dinner at the Alpine Patio and the ceremony/reception at Boulder Ridge Lodge. The lodge is much nicer than Alpine, but they are making lots of renovations currently to the entire resort. Our guests commented on how wonderful the food and hotel accommodations were (breakfast was included in their stay). We rented the shuttle for easy access to Boulder Ridge from the Hotel, which we definitely recommend if you are having open/cash bar, which we did. Our consultant throughout the process was responsive and took the necessary time to answer questions we had and got back to us quickly. Karen (our day-of consultant) fielded everything that came her way and we didn't have to worry about a thing. Our day was beautiful (even after the threat of a rainshower right before we walked down the aisle). They cleaned the chairs quickly and provided drinks on a hot and humid summer day.

Sent on 07/22/2014

Lindsay · Married on 10/02/2010

If you are planning a wedding anywhere in south central PA or near the Baltimore/DC area, do yourself a favor and look into Liberty. Our wedding was the most amazing day from the planning period to the rehearsal dinner to the ceremony and reception plus afterparty/Sunday brunch, and there was no haggling on price to make our 150+ guest wedding affordable for us. Your guests will love you for keeping everything so easy for them, all in once place and the pictures are gorgeous, taken around the base area of the ski resort - so unique! (If you want a great photographer, try Tony Gibble Photography...they did a wonderful job for us here!) One last comment would be that if you cannot get the Boulder Ridge venue (it's very popular and often booked a year or more out) look into getting married on the front side of the mountain on the deck at the base of the mountain. The views are gorgeous and the reception room is huge - bigger than Boulder Ridge and newly refinished to give a more lodge-like feel similar to the Boulder Ridge lodge.
    Thank you everyone at Liberty - you guys are awesome!
    Lindsay and Dave

Sent on 11/08/2010

Laura · Married on 08/30/2008

I loved Ski Liberty!! The venue was beautiful!! I had my cermony outside and the reception was inside Boulder Ridge Lodge. The staff was so accomdating and very flexible. I really couldn't have been more pleased with the service. I'm really glad that I decided to have my wedding at Liberty Mountain!!!

Sent on 10/22/2008

Sarah · Married on 05/31/2008

This is an exceptional venue with top-rate staff. Liberty Mtn was one of the first places we booked when we got engaged, and the staff worked with us on every detail. There were no hitches, and the lead consultant (Kelly Kurtyka) was very accountable on all details and timing. I would highly recommend this venue for receptions or other events.

Sent on 06/17/2008
  • Annie.Shapiro1025

Annie · Married on 05/04/2008

This site was a hidden gem! We came across it at the Baltimore Bridal Expo, where we met > Kelly Kurtyka. She showed me that a ski lodge in the spring could be a beautiful place. All the places in Baltimore that I had to compare this location to were twice as expensive for 1/2 as much. They handled the ceremony, the cocktail hour and the reception, without much for us to do but meet with them a few times. We had a choice for the site for the ceremony and reception and chose their more private location called Boulder Ridge. The weather cooperated perfectly, and we had the most beautiful outdoor ceremony that i could have wanted. There was a gazebo area, and a stone paved area for the seating, so no mud or grass to deal with. They supplied the chairs for the ceremony as well for a small fee. The staff on site handled the entire event with precision and detail, mainly due to the fact that we weren't able to have a rehearsal due to another wedding at the location the night before, we really needed that extra guidance. There was a tiny glitch with the cake and flowers not making it in the right amount of time, so the staff stepped right in an placed my flowers on my cake without a moments hesitation. The service was excellent, professional, and personal. They also catered the event as well, and the food was awesome! We had fillet minion and Crab cakes, that were done 'Maryland style" and being in Pa, they were quite good! They made sure that even though we were running behind schedule that we didn't' feel rushed. My husband and I were still there after the last guest had left and I got to watch their clean up procedures, and I was quite amused how they all worked together with the efficiency of a machine to put away all the tables and chairs. Liberty Mountain made our special day as close to effortless as a wedding can be, and we thank them all so very much!!

Sent on 05/21/2008

Beth · Married on 10/23/2016

We had an absolutely beautiful wedding day. Elizabeth was our wedding sales associate and was there for us every step of the way. She was incredibly helpful in answering any and all questions we had along the way. She was friendly and professional throughout the entire stressful process.
    Our day of coordinator, Adrienne was SO efficient, helpful, and all around amazing to work with. She worked with the DJ, the photographer, and us to make the day go off without a hitch. And if there were hiccups along the way, I certainly did not know about them.
    The one and only issue that we had, was regarding the hotel/block. 2 members of our bridal party, and 2 other family members did not get the discounted rate. One of the bridesmaids was actually told that there were no rooms Saturday night, and had to stay at another hotel. This ended up not being the case. Another hotel related issue was the check in time. Another bridesmaid was unable to check into her hotel room until 3:00. Our ceremony started at 2:30. I had the same issue when I tried checking in before our rehearsal meeting/run through and ended up having to get ready in a locker room. My bridesmaid was able to get an early check in, for an extra fee. Guests did complain to us about the hotel service not being all that great.
    Hotel issues aside, we would not have chosen any other location for our wedding. They really did a wonderful job with pulling everything together for us. We LOVED having our wedding at Liberty Mountain Resort!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Eriks · Married on 04/23/2016

The Boulder Lodge at Liberty Mountain Resort was the PERFECT place for our wedding and reception!
    Where to start? Liberty provided so many services and so much assistance, this review will be lengthy.
    When we first saw Boulder Lodge we were in love. The building itself is gorgeous. It's hard to believe that it's a tubing lodge in the winter. The location is amazing. Its secluded but only a short drive from the resort itself. Being part of the resort, it also meant that most of our guests could enjoy themselves and not have to worry about driving. Most of our guests stayed at the hotel, and used the complementary shuttle to get to and from the lodge.
    The hotel itself is gorgeous. It had just opened a few months before, so everything was shiny and new. The staff was on top of everything, very helpful. The rooms are nice and modern. The breakfast buffet was amazing.
    From a planning perspective, we also enjoyed the convenience that the resort took care of catering, alcohol, tables, chairs, etc, at a lower price than if we had gotten these services separately.
    The sales coordinator worked with us during the selection process and stayed engaged right up through the wedding day. She herself helped with finishing touches of the decorations.
    The day of coordinator was indispensable, going through the rehearsal, and staying on top of things throughout the wedding day. She even helped resolve issues with the hotel room reservations.
    From a room reservation perspective, it was nice that this isn't a major chain, so when you called, people knew exactly what we were talking about, and we had access to the right people.
    The food was very good. The catering selection was very broad, but we narrowed it down to Prime Rib and Chicken Oscar, which everyone enjoyed.
    I highly recommend Liberty Resort for weddings. I liked it so much that I'm planning on going back for a ski vacation and maybe a golf vacation!

Sent on 05/06/2016

Melissa · Married on 08/29/2015

Liberty Mountain's staff was wonderful the weekend of the wedding. Everyone knew what was going on and was gracious and friendly to our guests. Working with Elizabeth and Melody was great they made sure everything came out flawlessly. Thank you Liberty! I would definitely recommend them. Beautiful venue and beautiful views.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Everyone we worked with was wonderful

Sent on 11/02/2013

Kristen · Married on 08/23/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at Boulder Ridge Lodge at Liberty. It was a lovely venue choice and well kept. I will say that we had the most outstanding service from MaryAnn as our day of coordinator. If my review were solely based on her it would be 5 stars all the way. She absolutely did the best job and went well above and beyond her job by making last minute accomodations as we were moved inside due to rain. Her waitstaff helped with more than food service and she kept the day moving as planned. She did a phenomenal job and my family noted as much too. As the bride, I am betting I do not even know all of the things she dealt with to keep things under control because she would ask what i wanted and i would tell her and her staff just did it! it was truly amazing.

The process of planning the wedding up until the wedding day was average. We did have a change in sales reps while we were in the process so that was a bit awkward. They did always respond although it wasn't as quickly as I may have preferred. The food was good although one of the entrees was different on the wedding day than the food tasting. It was all good and I heard no complaints from anyone attending the reception. We were not thrilled that Boulder was the only part of the property not under construction during our wedding weekend. It was a little depressing to see all the dirt and debris and construction work going on while you're prepping for your wedding. Boulder ridge itself was not under construction though.

Boulder ridge is a lovely venue and you can't go wrong with MaryAnn being your day of coordinator.

Sent on 10/02/2014

cory · Married on 11/15/2014

The event at Boulder Ridge was the best place for a fall wedding. The staff and service was way above expectations. The food service at dinner was exactly how we envisioned it and they provided the fastest service at a wedding I have seen in 6 weddings that we attended this year. The planning was to a "t" and we couldn't have asked for more. Everyone is still saying it was the best place for a wedding they have been to this year

Sent on 11/26/2014

Holding our wedding at Liberty Mountain's Boulder Lodge was absolutely amazing!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Audrey · Married on 05/19/2012

The Boulder Ridge Lodge is an absolutely beautiful venue that required minimal decorating. The staff was helpful and easy to work with. Security was very attentive during the event and helpful to those who needed extra assistance. The food quality was very good and they were accommodating with meal choices and changes. The service of food was a bit slow but overall we were very pleased with the food choices-especially the lamb chop appetizers! The majority of our guests were from out of town and stayed at the hotel. We did rent the shuttle to transport guests to and from hotel to reception site which was a very nice addition. Accommodations of the hotel were very nice. We had an issue that they ran out of food for the continental breakfast on Sunday morning but other than that we had a fantastic experience and would definitely recommend this facility.

Sent on 05/25/2012

4.2
      3.5

Liberty Mountain Resort - Alpine Lodge is truly beautiful when decorated for a wedding. My husband and I had searched numerous places for the perfect venue before checking out LMR. We knew the first time we saw it that it was the one.

The venue was set up beautifully, the food was delicious, and the staff is 100% all about you. They are striving the please all your guests and make sure your day runs as smooth as possible.

Promise you won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 01/11/2014
  • Randi

Randi · Married on 05/25/2012

4.2
      3.0

Liberty Mountain provided a great atmosphere and aesthetic for our special day. We were lucky to find a venue with such inherent beauty, that we really didn't need to provide a lot of decor. Kelly was great throughout the sales/planning process and was really flexible in providing what we wanted and needed. For the wedding day, things ran very smoothly and were beautiful and the staff made it easy for us to not have to worry about things. It was also great to have everything we needed in one location - hotel, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony space reception space, catering... You name it. They also coordinated all of our event rentals, making that process much easier to manage. Food & drinks were good and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 08/06/2012

Katie · Married on 10/28/2013

3.5

Melissa was fantastic, accomodating and helpful every step of the way. We really had a day that was everything we dreamed of!

Sent on 11/03/2013

suzanna · Married on 08/21/2010

I had my wedding at Boulder Ridge Lodge at the resort and it was absolutely beautiful for a ceremony and the lodge for the reception was beautiful with a cozy feel. The atmosphere was perfect, and the staff did a great job with coordinating everything. I didn't feel stressed about any of the major details, as they were there to guide you throughout the entire process.

Sent on 09/15/2010

3.8
      3.0

We used Liberty Mountain Resort for our ceremony, reception, catering and lodging. I felt the people helping us plan the event were somewhat unorganized and difficult to contact. The positives I have are that the ceremony space and reception space were beautiful, clean and well taken care of. Also, the catering was well prepared, beautifully plated and delicious.

Sent on 02/13/2013

3.4
      2.5

I had a wonderful experience in planning my wedding in working with the sales team namely Elizabeth. I think the take home message I received was to compromise. I felt that for the amount that we paid for the venue and the food and beverage, there should have been more room for flexibility on behalf of the resort and less room for compromise on our behalf. Overall it was a wonderful venue and I would recommend the location . All of the resort staff were super friendly and really helpful.

Sent on 12/09/2014
  • Maureen

Maureen · Married on 04/30/2011

3.4
      3.0

My husband and I had our reception in the Alpine Room on April 30, 2011. The hotel and scenery itself was beautiful. What I didn't like was the fact that they didn't really care to help me with anything. We were out of town guests, and when we booked our reception, we were told there would be sufficient room for our 157 guests, and there wasn't. The day that I arrived, I went to the Alpine Room to set up and an hour later I was greeted by my coordinator Mary Anne, who was wonderful at first. I thought I was in the clear. At the reception, she barely showed her face. She didn't get us to cut the cake, do the bouquet or garter toss, parent dances, etc. The bartender, Terry, on the other hand, was wonderful. She always made sure we were taken care of. We paid for an open bar, and they ran out of beer, and then acted like it was our fault when my husband asked why there was none left. An open bar is UNLIMITED, or am I confused? I did not care for how the consultant, Deanna Painter, conducted business with me personally. She rarely answered emails on time, or contacted me to see if I needed assistance. I understand everyone is busy and has a job to do, but she really only contacted us if she needed something or was responding to a question.

I am most disappointed with Liberty Mountain is the Front Desk Hotel Staff. We had a suite for the night of our wedding, and check out was 11 am. We had an insane amount of boxes/bags to take to our car, so we didn't get a chance to pack up and check out by 11. At 11:20, they called the room and basically told us to get out. No one offered to help us carry our stuff out, or thanked us for filling up their hotel, and paying well over ten grand for our reception. Thank goodness my family and friends had a great time, no thanks to Liberty Mountain. It's all about the people you are with, and I am thankful for that alone. I definitely would think twice about booking them. They need to work on customer service a little bit more, and less on kicking the bride & groom out the next morning at 11:20.

Sent on 05/12/2011

Rachel · Married on 08/13/2016

2.0

I looked into having my wedding here and eventually gave up because the Lady I was in contact with kept canceling our meetings. They had almost no flexibly and the customer service was awful. I would not recommend.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Tracy · Married on 10/07/2000

1.5
      3.0

On the day of our ceremony, the food service & set up was very good. I did not like how the consultant, Deanna Painter, conducted business with me personally. I would have an appointment set up with her & she would be 15 minutes or more LATE. This is unacceptable. to me. I contacted her 3 different times & days to talk to her and it took her 1 whole week to finally call me back or even by email. I can not believe she is the Director Of Sales Consultant with her lack of professionalism & responsiveness. With this event being an important moment of MY LIFE, I feel she just didn't care & would make up excuses for her lack of commitment. I think this the facility is perfect with a great wait staff but the before details & personel to be unacceptable.

Sent on 10/30/2010

2.0

This was a tough review to write, on one hand there were several outstanding people, but one bad apple can spoil the bunch. Specifically we did not find out till the week before it was MaryAnne, and had heard bad reviews. For example we had one couple who had a 9 month old and when they asked for a high chair, they were told by MA none were available fortunatly when the couple asked a waiter they were told if none could be found, they would get one from the other resturants on site. We had a couple who were added 2 weeks prior to the wedding that were not on the master list, MA refused to be helpful, and the father of the bride had to go upstairs and get chairs and seating, clearly this was not the first time guests arrived and not on a list, but this seemed to be beyond Maryanne's skill set for the rest of the evening MA frowned and was clearly not happy and many people commented about the "grouchy" lady. When we sent a email to management complaining, they told us they would get back to us and never did. So if you have a wedding here make sure you tell them what YOU want, demand not to have MaryAnne, andremind them YOU are paying for the wedding... sadly this negative cancels so many great things as well... the waiters, waitresses, barmaids, security and bus shuttle drivers were fantastic, and constantly asked what more they could do for us... the food was excellent, although for the tasting they initially served only what they wanted to prepare, not what we wanted to taste and plan to serve... after the tasting we clearly did not like what the options were and had to insist very emphatically that we wanted , that being said they did give us a second tasting and the food was excellent so in closing, remember YOU ARE THE CUSTOMER, and insist on NOT having MaryAnne as your day of wedding consultant...

Sent on 08/21/2013

JoAnn · Married on 09/08/2017

2.6
      2.5

When I booked my venue, liberty had a set menu in place, they told us the meal options would be updated and a 5% increase in price would happen. When the new menus came out, every single thing at the venue had a change in price as well. The meal prices were raised 5% but other items were raised to an OUTRAGEOUS amount. The prices were ridiculous. They pretty much give you NO option but to do an open bar, as they want to charge $90 for a bottle of the cheapest wine that you can get for $9 at the liquor store. They changed all of their menu options, appetizers, drink prices, everything. For example, you could add on champagne punch for $50 on the original contract, they changed this price to $95. It was outrageous. Our first meal tasting, my fiance and I were given two options, out of about 20(?), so when we were not satisfied at all, we had NO idea what the other meals were like because they only offered you two options (ONE PER PERSON). To schedule another tasting, I had to take a day off work because they would only do this during lunch hours. I bought 20 lanterns for my wedding to use as centerpieces because i did not like the hurricane glasses, come to find out Liberty had purchased identical lanterns for free use for the tables, but I was never informed of this. My wedding coordinator was extremely rude to guests on my wedding day, which ultimately put more stress on me. I was overall very dissatisfied with my experience at Liberty. The venue was gorgeous. The view spectacular. But that's all I have to say good. We also had to pay over $500 for a hotel room for two nights, absolutely ridiculous after spending $14000 on a wedding that they couldn't give you a free nights stay. I left some things at liberty after the wedding because they only give you an hour after your reception to get everything out. Although I was contacted to get the items left behind, I did not retrieve them because I was so sickened of the thought of ever returning to liberty.

Sent on 11/01/2017

0.0

Please do not use this vendor if you are considering and beware of Deanna! They lie, cheat and when there is an issue, they pretend like they have done nothing wrong just to save their butts. If I can take back time, I would have never gone to this place. I say this out of a broken heart and I cannot take these moments back. Had I planned my wedding a year or two out, I would have canceled with these people, but I only had four months to plan with two jobs! Their sales dept is dreadful, however, you must go through them first. They left out very important information and gave us out of date paperwork which had imperitave cost information that was less then what they are as of current date and then when I tried to fight for what was right and fess up to their mistake, they turned me into a villian and said that they don't know what my problem is and they've done nothing wrong. I wanted to pull out of the contract because they lied, but they wanted to keep somewhat over $2,000 and I could not afford a new reception venue minus $2,000. So I had to keep the reception there. One week before my wedding they finally agreed to give my money back, but it was obviously too late by this point. They completely invalidated me and did not respect me as a bride; it was not a happy experience. ALSO, the security guard told one of my bridesmaids that Deanna told everyone involved there that I was a complete nightmare and they wanted to drop me right before my wedding. They manipulated the situation to make me out to me the horrible person when they were the ones who were in the wrong. I am a very peaceful and quiet person, I never create fights, but when I see that something is wrong, I speak up. I was wronged and they treated me poorly for telling them that they were wrong. This is a horrible place and I always will have this bad memory.

Sent on 03/07/2013