Liberty Mountain Resort Reviews

Liberty Mountain Resort 5
Liberty Mountain Resort 6
Liberty Mountain Resort 7

Megan · Married on 05/08/2015

Missy Lobaugh was amazing! She was always so willing to work with all of our changes, which we constantly had. Without her and her organization and flexibility our day wouldn't have been as amazing as it was. We used the Alpine Lodge and it was simply amazing, we got so many compliments on how beautiful the lodge was and the view of the mountain. Everything was just perfect. I would definitely recommend having your wedding here. The event staff was amazing as well, everything ran so smooth. THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Sent on 05/16/2015

holly · Married on 04/25/2015

Oh my God!!! Everything about this place was absolutely perfect. The food, the beautiful rooms, the convenience of the hotel, bars, the staff, and the coordinators!! I can't speak enough about them. Elizabeth made planning my wedding less stressful, she helped me put together the timeline, the details, etc... And Karen Pennington is a Goddess among women! She made my wedding day completely stress free! She took care of everything! Making sure the bridal party, the DJ, the wait staff, the guests, the bartender, the vendors, everyone was on point! She was flexible in that anything I wanted, even in a pinch, she made it happen. Every single tiny little detail. She alone is enough to book this venue. It's absolutely perfect for a wedding. Everything about it.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Liberty Mountain Resort was the perfect setting for our daughter and son-in-law's wedding reception. Boulder Ridge is a beautiful venue. It is a secluded resort and therefore we didn't have to deal with the hotel and golf course traffic. The staff were exceptional and cared for our every need. Missy guided us on planning the perfect reception and kept us on track with all of our deadlines. Kathy (our day of coordinator) made sure that every detail went off without a hitch. The food was out of this world. Every guest commented on how wonderful every aspect of the reception was. I would definitely recommend Liberty Mountain Resort for your special day!!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Absolutely amazing service and location. The staff were on point and incredibly helpful. Our wedding was beautiful at boulder ridge!

Sent on 10/22/2014

KAREN · Married on 09/06/2014

Picked the venue for the great views, beautiful lodge and hotel accommodations for my guest for my wedding reception and Liberty did not disappoint. Liberty had wonderful package deal options and the quality of service and the food was top notch. The chef prepared a fabulous meal for my guest, accommodating everyone's dietary needs. The hotel staff kept me informed of all my guest and any cancellations and even delivered all my guest bags. The rooms were very nice and the staff was very friendly. So much to do at Liberty. My wedding guest played golf and the night before the event went to McKee's tavern and outside Tikki bar where they had live music and fire pit. The staff set up all the tables for my reception and the wait staff was very friendly. Never once did I feel I had to seek them out in order to get service. They were always visible and ready to help.I did not have any worries for my coordinator assigned to me kept me informed and made me and my Husband feel very wonderful on our special day. I always hear there is something that goes wrong at a wedding that you can't control, but honestly speaking not one thing did I have a concern or worry about. Everything from start to finish was PERFECT. The extra's like the outside bar and music and free breakfast buffet that were offered with hot food prepared to our guest were fabulous, and the great scenic views were the added bonus. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Eric · Married on 08/02/2014

Thank you Liberty Mountain Resort @ Boulder Ridge Lodge for making our wedding day perfect.

Boulder Ridge Lodge was an absolutely beautiful location for our wedding venue. From the stunning wooden architecture, the beautiful outside flower arrangements to the food, they helped make our wedding day perfect.

The wedding planners were great to work with (Thanks Elizabeth!!!!!) and helped out as much as they could. We were able to get into the venue the day before our wedding to set up which was great so we were not as stressed on our wedding day.

The food was amazing and everyone said how delicious it was.

Thanks again for helping make our wedding day perfect.

~ Eric & Jan

Sent on 01/05/2015

My husband and I got married here on July 5 and can't stop raving about what a perfect venue it was! Our friends and family came down for the whole weekend and really took advantage of the area; the pool, golf course, restaurants and Gettysburg just a few miles away. I can't rave enough about the staff!!!! Our original coordinator Melissa Boyd was awesome and kept me sane through the greater portion of our year and a half long engagement. Karen Pennington jumped in last minute and was FANTASTIC! She answered any and every question promptly and even helped me customize my own signature drink. Everyone we encountered on site, from the hotels, to ceremony to restaurants, went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and well taken care of. All of our friends and family kept raving about the staff and how beautiful the venue was. When we first booked Boulder Ridge, I was a little concerned about the snow blowers in the background, but didn't even notice them the day of (also, the photographers are used to photo-shopping them out so don't worry about them). Excellent venue, coordinators and staff all around!

Sent on 07/14/2014

We got married right outside of Boulder Ridge on the top of the mountain and had the reception inside the Boulder Ridge building. We fell in love with this location the first time we saw it and when it all came together it was better than we imagined. There were no issues anywhere throughout the night, everything went according to the plans. Elizabeth worked with us through the planning process and answered all questions and MaryAnn was our day of coordinator and she was extremely helpful as well. The day was perfect and many of our guests commented on how beautiful the location and building was. Overall we were very happy and would recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Not only is the venue at Boulder Ridge breathtaking, but the service, the food, and the staff are all so wonderful to work with. They were always willing to answer as many questions as we could think up and were always quick to respond. The food was very good as well. They made planning the day much easier and more organized. I would choose them all over again, without a doubt.

Sent on 06/09/2014

Joy · event on 10/26/2013

We had a destination wedding and held a reception a few weeks later in the Alpine Room at Liberty Mountain Resort. Our experience in working with Liberty was great. The venue is beautiful and the staff is very friendly and accommodating of our food preferences, including a gluten-free meal for one of our guests. The entire venue is handicap-accessible, which was very important to us. They also set up extra tables for our children's activities, which we really appreciated. Our planning contact was very thorough in making sure we had everything we needed and the on-site service staff during our reception was outstanding. The food was wonderful and all of our guests were very happy with their meals and the room.

Sent on 11/03/2013

James · Married on 10/12/2013

Deanna and her staff at Liberty Mountain did a wonderful job helping us host a large wedding, with lots of personal extras. They were so eager to help and please...and boy did they! The wedding was a great success from any perspective. The food was outstanding (we received lots of compliments from our guests), the bar service was excellent, and the outside cocktail hour was fantastic. The reception was at Boulder Ridge and everyone talked about how gorgeous and functional the location was. These folks went all out...and that went a long way to making our event so much fun and a great success.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Kimberly · Married on 09/21/2013

The venue was absolutely gorgeous on its own- and then to see it all decorated was amazing! We got married in the Alpine room. We worked with Melissa throughout the planning process and she was absolutely delightful to work with! She emailed back quickly and helped with any and all questions we may have had. She is so personable and friendly! She helped make our day so special! Jeannie was very helpful in setting up our hotel accommodations for ourselves and guests- she helped make it easy and painless! Would definitely go back to Liberty even to just visit! We live over 1.5 hours away and loved it so much to travel there to have our wedding! The food from the complimentary breakfast, to our wedding, to the farewell breakfast the next day was all delicious, hot, and fresh!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Kimberly · Married on 09/14/2013

Wonderful venue, fantastic staff! From the first call to set up an appointment, my husband and I were thrilled with the service. And of course once we did our tour, we knew we wanted to have our wedding here! What a beautiful location! We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Boulder Ridge. From its stone patio, to the wrap around deck, fireplace and rustic feel, Boulder Ridge is stunning. Beautiful backdrop for our pictures. Aside from the amazing views/decor, the food was phenomenal! My guests were so pleased with the amount of food they received during the cocktail hour and dinner and continue to rave about how delicious everything was! From day one, the staff was amazing. We worked with Melissa during the planning and Mary Anne the day of. There are not enough words to describe how wonderful these two woman are! Each made sure we were taken care of and we can’t thank them enough for everything they did to make our rehearsal and wedding day run perfectly! In addition to that, the entire staff at Liberty Mountain resort, from Jeannie and the rest of the staff at the hotel to those that worked in the restaurant, were absolutely wonderful! My family and friends continue to comment about how much they enjoyed their stay. If you are looking for the complete wedding package, look no further, this place is absolutely the best place to get married!!

Sent on 09/27/2013

Our wedding ceremony was help at the pergola of the Alpine room and reception followed there as well. It was beautiful. I (the bride) did not worry about a single thing on the day of. Melissa was wonderful! In the middle of the ceremony, my MOH forgot the rings in the room where we dressed; the entire waiting staff and coordinator searched the room and recovered the rings in less than ten min. They were wonderful. Also providing our son with as much chocolate milk as he wanted. I would do it over and over again if I could!

Sent on 03/20/2014

Jess · Married on 06/22/2013

Liberty Mountain Resort did a phenomenal job on our wedding. Everything was perfect! The room looked spectacular, the food was great, the timing was perfect. Every member of the staff did a wonderful job with whatever was asked of them. They were very well organized and very helpful at every turn.

Sent on 06/29/2013

Tess · Married on 06/15/2013

We loved our reception at Liberty Ski Resort. Planning with Melissa was amazing. She worked with us with every detail. She was very through thinking of things I would have never onside red. The room was so beautiful and set up perfectly. We got so many compliments on the food and service. I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Ashley · Married on 06/15/2013

Everything came together perfectly on our wedding day and our day-of coordinator was very helpful & organized. All of our guests loved the venue and most of our guests stayed the night and enjoyed the convenience of the shuttle from Boulder Ridge Lodge to the hotel.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Julie · Married on 12/31/2012

The whole team is wonderful and everything was perfect! We can't thank them enough!

Sent on 02/01/2013

Jean · Married on 11/17/2012

My husband and I were married here on Saturday, November 17, 2012 . We cannot say enough great things about this venue. We had originally scheduled our wedding date for April, but decided to change the date due to our honeymoon destination. They were more than willing to make this change and helped us along in the process. They were extremely accommodating, responded to all of our questions and met every single need we requested. What we really enjoyed was the personal attention we received. Kelly, our consultant, gave us suggestions to make our wedding even better. The venue speaks for itself though. It is the most beautiful venue! I worked at Ski Liberty for several years and never really considered getting married here until my husband asked if we could look at the site. We immediately fell in love with Boulder Ridge. What we loved was that, while we decorated plenty, the venue was enough decoration for itself. Kelly was available for all of our last minute requests and our day-of coordinator made the day go by flawlessly and perfectly. If you are considering other places, don't. This is the best venue, by far! They will give you everything you need and more and you will have the most memorable experience of your life. I'm sure there are several things I missed, but I am sure you get the gist. Please consider Boulder Ridge -- you will not be sorry :)

Sent on 11/21/2012

Sarah · Married on 10/19/2012

Our wedding was very beautiful and I absolutely couldn't have done it without working with Patricia in Sales and Karen who helped me with the planning. They were delightful and made everything feel so easy. I was married in the Alpine Lodge and I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 11/23/2012
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/21/2012

One of our hardest decisions was the Venue. My husband and I searched high and low, across the state of Maryland, Virginia, DC, and then to PA. We just happened to stumble upon this beautiful resort. I had heard of Liberty Mountain Resort, but only as a golf resort and skiing. Well when I saw what gorgeous of a setting Boulder Ridge Lodge was, I was done!! I cried with tears of joy and remember telling my now husband, this is it!!! Boulder ridge is equally beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside. This is Key!! You need to love your venue inside just as much as you love the outside (just in case it rains)!

Kelly Kurtyka is amazing! She was there at the drop of a hat with any and all questions answered! She worked with us to finalize those little details. She wasn't pushy and most considerate of our budgets. She offered lots of suggestions and kept us up to date with any important dates we had coming up.

The day of my wedding was Everything and MORE than my husband and I imagined! Everything went so smoothly. We were allowed to access our venue the evening before to start setting up. Our day of wedding coordinator was incredible. Did anything at the drop of a hat that we needed, no questions asked. She kept us on our schedule as to not lose track of time... that is key Ladies and Gents!!!
    The wait staff and bar staff was equally incredible! Courteous and sincere! Nothing but compliments came from my family and guest. I'd also just like to say, that without this incredible team, our wedding day would have never turned out the way it did! We owe an EXTREME amount of credit to them! Your Venue can be incredible setting, but if your staff isn't as equally incredible, that can make or break the venue itself.

Sent on 08/21/2013
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 09/02/2012

Liberty Mountain was a fabulous place to have a wedding. I worked directly with Kelly Kurtyka (Senior Sales Associate) and she was very professional, prompt and did everything she could to ensure our special day ran smoothly. If I had a question or concern she was quick to respond. She worked with premier designs for linens (I never dealt with them), and she coordinated everything with our event day coordinator.

The chef was very accommodating to food allergens, During the bridal showcase they had January 2011, he came out onto the floor and spoke with my mother-in-law who suffers from Celiac's. This was wonderful because it put her mind at ease.

The wedding coordinator for the day Karen was excellent. She ensured the day went smooth. We rehearsed everything until everyone was comfortable with how the day was going to run. She was fantastic, high energy and very eager to help with any concerns.

Liberty was a great place to host our wedding. We had our wedding in the Alpine room which was beautiful overlooking the mountain. We had candles in the windows and the ambiance of the room was everything we could have ever imagined. They really helped make the day of our dreams a reality. I would highly recommend this facility and staff (who was awesome) to anyone. It is worth the money! :)

Sent on 11/22/2012
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 06/02/2012

We had our ceremony and reception at the Boulder Ridge Lodge at Liberty Mountain Resort. We had an amazing time. Everything was absolutely beautfiul. The weather was perfect....72 degrees, sunny, breezy spring afternoon in June. Kelly helped us prior to the wedding with the coordination. She was very responsive and professional. Mary Ann worked with us during the rehearsal and the day of the wedding, she was a sweetheart and made me feel so comfortable. The venue was perfect. So many of our guest complimented us on how gorgeous our wedding was! It was everything we wanted. We had 50 some rooms booked at the resort. We all went out to the Tavern on the Green both Friday after the rehearsal and Saturday after the wedding. Overall, it was beautiful and the best day of our life!

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 10/15/2011

We loved having our wedding at Liberty Mountain! We would highly recommend the Boulder Ridge Lodge...Very private and secluded from the rest of the resort. The lodge is beautiful, and very romantic for an evening wedding. The only complaint I would have would be that my Husbands food was a bit on the dry side (Pork). Overall, the service was fantastic! :)

Sent on 10/16/2011

Elaine · Married on 10/15/2011

Initially we resisted the idea of Ski Liberty. Who has a wedding reception at a ski resort in October?? After we met with Kelly, saw the facilities, heard what they would do for us and compared prices, we were sold on it! Kelly was on it every step of the way. She was always responsive and available to answer our most inane questions, made excellent suggestions and provided us with friendly, personal attention. For the rehearsal, day of the wedding, reception, and farewell breakfast, we were turned over to Terry. Terry was an energizer bunny who was everywhere all the time and never stopped. She anticipated our every need before we even knew we had a need. She wore many hats - coordinator for the rehearsal, banquet manager, even wait staff for the breakfast! Always with a smile and understanding. Nothing was ever too big or too insignificant to rate the same level of care and attention. Every single person, including the housekeepers, that we interacted with at Ski Liberty was very professional, friendly, helpful, responsive and absolutely fabulous! They all contributed greatly to making this perfect experience and a wedding that dreams are made of.

Sent on 11/08/2011