Liberty Lane Catering Reviews

30 Reviews for Liberty Lane Catering

• Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/01/2017

2.0

Liberty Lane provided the catering for the wedding reception. The food was delicious. They had great appetizers and choices for the buffet. The food was made on-site using their mobile set-up, so we know the food was fresh. The waitstaff and bartenders were incredible. One member of the waitstaff ensured we had appetizers during cocktail hour (which we took pictures during). They also brought us food from the buffet so that we could quickly eat before greeting our guests during dinner. The bartenders were very accommodating. We provided all of the alcohol, including homebrewed beer. They worked with us to figure out the keg set-up. They also made great signature drinks for our guests. All the staff were friendly and professional. From set-up to clean-up, they handled everything; you wouldn't even know that they had been there the next day!

The only thing we were frustrated about was the communication. This was consistently an area of weakness for Liberty Lane. Several days would go by with unanswered emails and unreturned phone calls. Communication improved as we got closer to the wedding date, but it was initially frustrating during the vendor booking process. Although communication could be improved, it all worked out well in the end and we were very happy with the services Liberty Lane provided.

Sent on 07/19/2017
  • User4320932 · 2+ years ago

3.5

Liberty Lane provided great food and service for our hor d'oeuvres reception. The soup bar was a unique feature that they suggested to us, and they made sure there was enough to feed all of our guests. In the end, I was impressed with their presentation and quality.

However, I will say that I was a bit concerned about the whole thing leading up to the wedding. I rarely communicated with them, we never did a tasting, and the finalized menu was never clear. It was difficult to get a guarantee on what we were paying for. I was nervous about being provided sup-par selections. However, they pulled it off on the day of.

Overall, the communication and process of working with them wasn't great, but the service the provided in the end pleased everyone! The food was great!

Sent on 05/08/2015

Kristen · Married on 10/13/2013

3.0

As someone who cares a lot about food, the catering at our wedding was super important to me. I never would have heard the end of it if we'd had mediocre food. Instead, what I heard over and over again was "The food at your wedding was amazing. That salad/ravioli/tenderloin/pasta dish/cider donuts was the greatest thing I've ever had at a wedding."

We couldn't have been happier with not only the food, but also with the Liberty Lane staff. Kevin was really great getting us quotes and menu options and Kelley knocked it out of the park. When she learned that I had a background in food, she suggested a few more unique items to the menu and those ended up being everyone's favorites. She was fantastic to work with and made sure that me and my husband got to eat as well!

Liberty Lane also took care of the bar for the wedding and we heard from multiple people what a fantastic selection the bar had. We specifically requested a few things at the bar (Anchor Steam beer, Amaretto), and they met our every need.

Because we had food stations spread out throughout the reception space instead of a traditional sit down dinner or buffet, we expected that there would be requests that the caterer couldn't meet. Turns out, we need't have worried! They did everything we asked and more.

We asked for turkey instead of pork tenderloin? No problem, and they added gravy! We asked for a late night snack of apple cider donuts and warm cider? Sure, and if people want, we'll add bourbon to the cider!

It really was the best.

Delicious and enthusiastic, can't recommend highly enough.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Lexy · Married on 05/16/2015

2.2
      2.0

Overall the food was excellent but I was not happy with the service. First, Kevin did not show up to our food tasting. We drove two hours in a blizzard to an empty warehouse. It was an honest mistake and Kevin apologized so we moved forward. The actual tasting was mediocre. We chose the filet to serve at our wedding yet we tasted the prime rib. Kevin said it had something to do with not being able to provide the same quality until the day of. We picked 4 apps that we thought we might want and those were the only 4 at the tasting. We also used him for desserts, none were at the tasting. They also catered our rehearsal dinner and wedding. Again, the food was really delicious but the service was not. Our rehearsal dinner started an hour late. The girl who showed up had no idea what to do and literally told me that. None of the tables and linens were ready and none of the beer and wine were put on ice in time. There was a miscommunication with the table set up. No one stepped up to fix it except my husband and his friends who ended up moving the tables themselves and putting the beers on ice. At the wedding, kristy arrived at 1:45 pm. My wedding started at 3:30. Most of the setup was already done at that point, again by myself, my fiance and friends. I was told numerous times not to hire a wedding day coordinator because kristy would be there to set up with my directions. How can I give her directions that late while getting hair, makeup, etc done and not be seen? During the wedding, the dinner went off without a hitch and the food was excellent. At the end of the reception, the music stopped. One of our guests brought out a large speaker to bring down to the fire pit. The music was loud and there is a noise ordinance. I witnessed Kevin scream in our guests face, “NO!” and yell at him like he was a child. I understand the guest was wrong in doing this but this should have been handled differently. LL was responsible for food and alcohol, not the noise ordinance.

Sent on 07/29/2017

Caitlyn · Married on 06/11/2016

1.6
      1.5
      1.0
      0.5

Liberty Lane Catering was the most difficult vendor we had while planning our wedding. We felt like just one of a million other clients, with no individualism or professionalism given. We met with Kevin and chose our entrees for the wedding. On the day of the tasting, we were one of five couples who are staggered to taste whatever is on the menu that day (meaning we didn't actually get to try either of our entrees) and the chef wasn't told about my fiance's allergy, so very little food was actually tasted. There was no option to have a second testing. Kevin's e-mails and engagement were very brief and unprofessional. The week before my wedding I was getting peppered with e-mails (3 in one hour) from Kevin asking about plate shape and asking that I respond quickly as he needed to get the order in. At the advice of our tent rental vendor, we were booking linens through Liberty Lane. When we asked if there were swatches available for us to view, we were told that was absolutely not an option. I have heard from our other vendors that Liberty Lane was unwilling to work with timelines and showed no flexibility with day-of set-up. Guests from our wedding have reported a range of engagements with servers: one who asked to have a steak reheated was told that was no problem, while a guest from another table (with a different server) was told reheating their steak was not an option, while the server walked away. If our venue didn't have a short vendor list, we would not have booked with Liberty Lane.

Sent on 10/20/2016