11 Reviews for Liberty Hall Museum

User Photos
todo alt text
Uncovered Outdoor (2)
Covered Outdoor (1)

We had our fairy tale wedding at Liberty Hall Museum! The venue was so beautiful that we didn't have to decorate much. Gina was so helpful throughout the planning process and especially the day of! Our friends, family and vendors also spoke highly of Gina. We can't thank LHM enough for our dream wedding!

Profile Picture Judy, 6/18/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Venue was lovely and accommodating. The grounds were well-kept and cleaned right before our event. All the staff were very nice and very helpful, especially Gina (at Kean) and Gary (at Liberty Hall). Highly recommend for a small wedding.

Profile Picture User3669750, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Gina was great in both organizing and preparing our wedding on the day. Very responsive to emails and helped us through a few issues with the caterer and insurance. Gary was also great in showing us the venue and helping set up.

Profile Picture User3706454, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the front garden from the blue house... It was a magical view and very romantic... My wedding was just like I imagined it to be...their beautiful landscape made my imagination a reality... Thanks LHM

Profile Picture Nathalia, 9/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Liberty Hall Museum is a lovely place to hold your special events. My daughter was married there at the end of May. The weather wasn’t the best but once we went into the carriage house for cocktail hour and then the tent for the reception, it didn’t matter what was happening outside, we were all very comfortable. Gina is very professional yet warm and easy to work with as well are flexible and accommodating. It is a beautiful place to make memories.

Profile Picture Elaine, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Liberty Hall was the perfect setting for our wedding and we wouldn't have changed a thing. The recommended Encore Catering was great and Gina from Kean was super easy to work with. The setting is beautiful and its the perfect place to have an outdoor wedding if that is what you are interested in. The location is easy access from NYC/NJ and plenty of parking for guests. The garden was one of my favorite photos spots and our guests loved learning about this place with so much history that they had never heard of before, even growing up in NJ. My only recommendation to the site is - yes, please buy a full length mirror for your brides! I had read this in a review when I was booking the site and its pretty comical that for the cost of the venue there isn't a full length mirror to bring into the bridal room :). Regardless, our wedding was amazing - thank you Liberty Hall!

Profile Picture Whitney, 9/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Liberty Hall Estate was everything we wanted and hoped for! My husband and I were looking for a quiet and serene venue where we were the only event held that day. We also wanted our guests to be able to explore and take photographs of the lovely seasonal foliage. Our ceremony was held in the gardens behind the mansion, surrounded by the natural beauty of the early spring (which cut down on florist costs). The cocktail hour was held in the former carriage house and the reception was under a tent. A few of our older guests complained that it was a little chilly at night despite our suggestions that they bring a light jacket or sweater for the May 2nd chilly evening. The carriage house however remained opened and heated throughout our reception for people to warm up. Gina the event coordinator was so helpful and patient from start to finish throughout the planning process. Be advised that you have to coordinate all of your own vendors, however Gina helps you as the event gets closer to be in touch with all the vendors for day-of coordination. Also on our first tour of the venue, Gina provided us with a list of approved caterers to chose from, which really helped to narrow down our options! Our guests continually commented on how beautiful everything was. I could not be happier with how beautiful, fun, and romantic our wedding was!

Profile Picture Hilary, 5/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our guests were very impressed with the venue. It didn't hurt that it was a PERFECT weather day.

Profile Picture User4271232, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

It is a beautiful venue for a wedding. Caterer choices offered are a good variety to choose from. Gina was very accommodating and patient with handling our needs. WARNING: If you choose and pay for a mansion tour make sure you book it in writing! Read the details of your contract. If you do not set up a specific time for the tour they will not go out of their way to set up a time and you will lose out on your tour without a refund. NOTE: If you use the bridal suite bring mirrors and possibly decorations because the room is very bare.

Profile Picture User5516595, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor
3.3

If there is an event such as a wedding held in the garden, or any event area with grass, it would be a professional and common courtesy to trim the grass. My event had grass measuring 2-3 inches long. This was not a huge inconvenience but my runner looked as if it was floating on the grass making it difficult to walk on with my gown.

Profile Picture User3679366, 2+ years ago, 1 Review