Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

107 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

107 Reviews for Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning

Sarah · Married on 06/23/2012

Liane was very helpful in all of my wedding planning, even though I only hired her for day of wedding help. Liane was very helpful and always responded quickly to all the random questions I had. Everyone had an amazing time and the party got loud and crazy and Liane handled it very well. It was an amazing time and we have received so many compliments about how fun our wedding was! Thank you Liane! You kept our crazy crew in line :)

Sent on 07/19/2012

Douglas · Married on 06/04/2011

Liane McCombs of Liane McCombs Wedding and Event Planning did our daughter and family a great favor at a last minute planning for our daughter Jackie's wedding at D'Andrea Golf Club House and Restaurant overlooking the Reno valley. On limited money and limited time she not only planned but helped us out setting up all the tables for a large ceremony with lots of guests. She went well beyond her duties to make our daughters wedding day special. She was very professional in not only her conduct but her knowledge as well. We would recommend Liane McCombs to anyone who is looking for someone who really loves the work that she does and who really cares about the people she's doing it for. Well done Liane !

Sent on 12/04/2015

Karen · Married on 08/12/2012

I was the florist for a lovely wedding held at the Tahoe Tree Company in Lake Tahoe. Liane was the wedding planner for the event. I can say that both Liane and her staff were very professional and thorough. Every little detail regarding the wedding and the reception were planned out in detail. The result was stunning. Her staff was very helpful and gave me a hand when I needed it most. I would recommend Liane and her staff for anyone planning a wedding in the Tahoe/Reno area.

Sent on 11/02/2012

Victoria · Married on 08/26/2018

3.0

I hired her for Day of Event Coordinator and her and her team made my day enjoyable because I didn’t have to worry about anything!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Victoria for your kind words. It was wonderful working with you and your family, and we wish you all the very best in your married life. xo Liane

Sharon · Married on 08/09/2014

Liane and her team do a fantastic job for their clients. Her style and professional attitude are attributes that anyone looking for a wedding or event planner would be impressed with. Liane is a comsumate professional, and it's always a pleasure working alongside her staff to create the vision the client has for the event and floral decor. As a wedding floral designer, I am excited for a referral by Liane.

Sent on 12/04/2015
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 09/18/2010

1.6
      2.0
      1.0
      2.0
      1.5

We hired Liane to do our "day of" planning. She was great the entire planning process, seemed very professional and organized. We were very confident in her services.
    However, there were a few issues that came about through the final days approaching the wedding. She was disorganized at the rehearsal and had a hard time telling us what to do. She also made a comment to my husband's step mom how she finds it so hard to work with blended families. These were not big issues and we were still very hopeful of her abilities for the wedding day.
    On the day before the set up, she was extremely unorganized and was unable to take simple directions. I literally had to tell her three times which tables were not part of the set up and which tables needed to be moved before she did anything. I was incredible frustrated with her the entire time.
    The day of the wedding came and the ceremony and reception were great. We had a wonderful time. The venue we booked required that all the chairs, tables and trash be cleaned. So after our final dance my family stayed to make sure this happened (the rental company was responsible for this). However, just before we left Liane approached me and asked me who I wanted to clean the bathrooms. I stopped dead in my tracks, asked her what she said then upon repeating it I told her no one. I told her to look at the contract for the venue because cleaning is not required. I told her not to ask a single member of my family to do that and talk to the manager with the contract in hand. I expected that she would do as I asked. However upon returning from our honeymoon, I heard from my family and in-laws that she did not talk to the manger and made my family clean the bathrooms and mop the entire venue. My father in law actually dealt with the situation by getting the manager's boss on the phone and clarifying that this was not in the contract, nor was it expected of them. Needless to say, I was livid that she did not follow my direction, did not stand up to the manager and made my family do things that no one should have to do at a wedding as a guest. Liane still does not seem to believe that any of this was a problem as she has asked me to complete reviews for her on several wedding websites.
    Since I first posted a review she has sent an email to apologize, however told me what my family had said was not true.
    I appreciate the apology.

Sent on 09/17/2011

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

While every attempt is made to please each and every client, we realize that it is nearly an impossible task, no matter how much of an attempt is made. We always had a full awareness of the tasks at hand, and provided complete, professional coordination of all services required in the client's package contract. We accomplished all and more than what was outlined in the package contract, and were simply looking out for the interest of the client to make sure all cleaning was accomplished so that their cleaning deposit would be returned in full. We all worked together to make sure that was assured prior to leaving the venue. The complete venue set up and complete clean up of the reception venue is not part of the Day/ Week Of coordination package. We welcomed the opportunity to work with Shannon and Robert and have fond memories of their wedding day, and wish them happiness in their married life.

Ashley · Married on 07/16/2016

1.4
      1.0
      0.5
      2.5
      1.5

If you are a detail oriented bride and have high expectations from your day of coordinator, DO NOT USE HER SERVICE!!

Liane McCombs coordination service is the only regret of my wedding. She came highly recommended by my incredible florist so I thought she had to be good. Well, that's not the case.

I'm not going to get into details of the contract but feel free to ask me specifics if you are looking to hire her. The bottom line is we had guests coming to me complaining about her staff and how rude they were the day of, they had to be told what to do throughout the event and I had multiple observers say they were curious how much she charged me as she and her staff of 3 didn't seem to do much. Three days after my wedding I had people start reaching out to me about the slack they had to pick up due to her THREE coordinators not pulling up their sleeves and helping the other vendors. Trust me, you will know EXACTLY what they won't do for you, and you'll be left scratching your head as to what the heck you're paying for.

Luckily, we had other vendors and coordination staff that kicked ass and they made our wedding night seamless as far as we knew! After the event I reached out to Liane to discuss my frustration and disappointment with her performance. She would not call me back for over 24 hours, only text, but somehow had the ability to call all of my vendors before she would even return my call to discuss with them my reasons for being dissatisfied with her services. How unprofessional is it to not immediately return a clients phone call but make the time to call all of your clients vendors and try to explain yourself?! She also falsely accused us of activities that absolutely had no merit and/or truth to them. She shared the false accusations in writing with other vendors.... I mean, how unprofessional can someone be?
    Please think twice before hiring her service, your big day is too important and you need to put it in the best hands possible!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

When receiving this client's initial text message, two days following her event with her directive to "call her immediately", we were at that moment, in a new client consultation. We had previously scheduled meetings throughout that day, and could not immediately respond. We wanted to adequately allow time to properly address her concerns. She had previously thanked us for our service, and told us we were part of her "dream team". We were therefore surprised, to receive such messages, displaying her disapproval of our services. We determined it best to get responses from all staff and vendors to determine if her accusations were correct, prior to returning her call. After doing so, we were able to determine that her accusations had no merit and were not valid. We then returned the call, to provide clarification to this bride. She did not allow us to properly respond to her accusations, and she ended the phone call by quickly hanging up. We always arrive to each event, completely knowledgeable of and prepared to execute all contracted tasks. We provided three professional staff for her “Day Of “event, with all assigned tasks accomplished. We always provide the best possible service for all of our clients. We went above and beyond for this event, as well accomplishing two, printed pages of additional, non-assigned tasks, all done with the utmost professionalism and pleasant demeanor. As per our signed contract and due to insurance regulations, we are unable to attend to any tasks that are food or beverage related. Our coordination services are always organized, and executed in a professional and personal way that is met, by most clients, with grateful appreciation and gratitude. We did all that was possible to please this client. Should any potential client need further details or clarification, we accept your phone call at any time to answer any questions that you might have regarding this review or response.