Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

107 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

107 Reviews for Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning

Jeremy · Married on 07/14/2012

Liane is amazing! We have worked with her in many occasions and every single time it has gone smooth! When issues do arise and happens at any live event she and her staff handle in the most professional manner we h ave seen. Liane is a must!

Jeremy

Sent on 02/26/2013

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Each wedding day is unique, and each client is unique as well. Our ability to take the stress out of the wedding day equation, makes it a great experience for all parties involved. We appreciate you, Jeremy!

Julie · Married on 07/04/2012

Liane was the greatest!!!!!!!! She walked me through everything. We had a wonderful time with not a worry in the world. We hired her and her team for day of. However, she did so much more than just the day of. She gave me a list of vendors when I was not sure which direction to go. So helpful. We will be using Liane and her team at our next gathering.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Julie, your Fourth of July wedding was the bomb! Fireworks and all! What a terrific time, coupled with a beautiful, memorable wedding ceremony. The NUGGETT provided the perfect venue, fireworks included, for your wedding day. You were such a great bride to work with, and thank you for your confidence in us on your wedding day.

Christina · Married on 06/16/2012

First off I want to just say our wedding was amazing. My husband and I enjoyed every minute and have nothing but magical memories of everything about our special day.

We were married at St. Rose of Lima on June 16th and our reception was at the Auto Museum. We hired Liane and her team to do the "day of" and she did just that and more. Starting with the rehearsal the night before, we met Claire Ann who was AMAZING. I have read the reviews about her before mine and I have to say that was so far off from what we experienced. The staff at the church was hard to deal with to say the least and she interfered which was a life saver! You would think church staff would be nicer... she got everyone's names, helped organize the rehearsal and even calmed down the very wound up unnamed church staffer.

The next day was when Claire Ann and the staff truly shined. We hired them to handle the day of organizing, set up and all the in-between. They did EXACTLY that. My mom did not have to lift one finger which is exactly what I wanted. They set everything out, had everything organized and we got NOTHING but compliments on how everything looked so put together and every single thing about that night was so thought out and felt like a lot of love was put into it. WHICH THERE WAS! Having our mass held at a different location and the timeline left us no time to do any of that on our own and the relief that everything was taken care of was invaluable.

The one thing that truly touched me and made me feel like I wasn't just another client was that Liane showed up at the ceremony. She had already told me that another planner would take point on my day but that she took the time to check in and make sure everything was taken care of was that personal touch to the professionalism of the staff and meant so much. She makes sure that everyone gets what they need on their special day and EVERY bride deserves that.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Christina, you certainly have to be in the top five, of our most perfect brides for 2012! Your calmness, and creativity made our working experience such a joy. Your wedding ceremony at ST. ROSE OF LIMA CHURCH was so sacred and beautiful, and THE NATIONAL AUTOMOBILE MUSEUM venue fit your wedding theme perfectly. It was the perfect choice and allowed your guests an additional interactive experience during your reception.

Marielle · Married on 11/06/2011

As a wedding photographer who photographs over 30 weddings a year, you could say that I definitely see my share of weddings! Every time I have a client tell me that they have hired Liane McCombs to be their wedding coordinator, I let out a sigh of relief because I KNOW that their day will be organized, beautiful & nothing short of perfect.

Liane is super organized, friendly, professional, moves quickly & makes each wedding I've done with her effortless. There are so many wedding coordinators who haven't a clue as to what is going on as the wedding day unfolds but Liane is prepared for the entire wedding day down to the last minute. She is so easy to work with, so professional & I love working with her!

I wish that all the weddings I photographed had Liane as the coordinator because I know without a doubt that their wedding would run smoothly, look amazing & that the bride & groom would be over the moon with her professional & incredible level of service.

Sent on 12/13/2011

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

We appreciate you kind comments, Marielle, and consider it a great experience working with you. Your fun, charismatic personality make wedding days even more enjoyable for the bride and groom. Your finished photography images are some of the very best we have ever seen.
  • F

Kim · Married on 11/05/2011

I have worked with Liane McCombs at many events. She is very professional and excellent at what she does. She stays on top of what is new and hot in the event world. She works very well with all the vendors involved. She always goes above and beyond to ensure that your event is perfect. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 11/06/2011

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Kim, you always make us smile, and we love your food! Your staff is tremendous and your catering abilities are among the leaders in the industry.

Barbara · Married on 10/15/2011

Liane McCombs is a terrific wedding coordinator. She was vital to the success of our daughter’s wedding reception. This made it easy for us to enjoy the day, which we certainly did in every way. Liane uses responsible and dependable vendors and goes to the appointments with you if you wish. She has good ideas for you but doesn’t take over. You will make your own day unique to you, but with Liane’s help, you can do it better. I highly recommend Liane McCombs for your every wedding need. We are truly grateful for Liane’s coordination of our daughter’s day. It was one of the happiest days of my life! May your wedding day be as memorable.

Sent on 11/06/2011

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Once in a while, we have the blessed opportunity of working with families that are really very special. Barbara, yours is one of those families. Elizabeth's wedding day at LAKE TAHOE, and her reception at the TUNNEL CREEK LODGE, created a magical memory for us and all your guests. You are a terrific mother, and the ideal MOB! We loved working with you!

Janessa · Married on 10/08/2011

I decided to read the other reviews before posting my own. I would like to make some comments regarding the dissatisfied brides who left distasteful and hurtful reviews about Liane McCombs Wedding and Event Planning. Two things came to my mind when I read these reviews:

1. Some girls are so high maintenance that no matter how much help they receive and how much time is spent babying them and holding their hand, they will always have something to complain about. Have you seen the movie The Help? Well girls, you need to take a look at your review and realize that you need to have an attitude check just like the girls on that movie. Liane McCombs is not unprofessional- you have reacted like immature little girls who need a lesson on how to have class.

2. I understand that your wedding day/rehersal didn't go as planned. I get it. You were upset that people were asking you, the bride, when you would like to cut YOUR cake, and have YOUR money dance. Maybe if you weren't so consumed with perfectionism, the assistants wouldn't have had to ask you the times of such events throughout the evening. Plus, how could anyone be offended by receiving a nice compliment such as "you're really organized"? Someone who isn't satisfied no matter what they get in life. Honestly, when I got married-I'm sure there were things that went differently than I imagined, but I didn't care. And why? Because brides shouldn't be spending the day stressing about what is going wrong-you should be focused on your new husband and all the people that came to support you and your high maintenance life. If it will make you happy and make you stop writing ridiculous and hurtful reviews-I'll send you a check so you and your mom can go and buy that ice sculpture and finally feel redeemed for what you "lost" on your wedding day. I know I don't know you and have been a little harsh but I had to get that off my chest.

Moving on to more important things.

Liane McCombs coordinated my wedding and it was absolutely flawless. I loved everything about my wedding. She was helpful, kind, and listened to everything I had to say. She paid attention to detail and knew exactly how to make my vision of a perfect wedding come true. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect evening, and I know that without Liane's help, my wedding wouldn't have been so amazing. I loved how easy she was to work with and how generous she was to give me her vendor discounts. Not only is she one of the most affordable wedding planners in town-I truly believe she is the best. She even gave me a wedding gift which I thought was so nice and considerate. I would recommend Liane's services to anyone I come in contact with, and know that all of my friends will be using Liane in the future for their weddings.

Sent on 12/12/2011

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

We are always pleased when clients stand behind our hard-working ethic. We give all we have to each and every client, attempting to provide the most perfect wedding day possible, for each client. We thank you for your kind comments, Janessa, and consider your wedding day, one of the most special day in our lives. You were the ideal bride, perfect in every way, and beautiful inside and out.

Cynthia · Married on 09/11/2011

I could not be more pleased with the professional guidance that Liane provide for my daughter’s Lake Tahoe destination wedding. I was initially reluctant to hire a wedding planner, but as soon as I met with Liane I knew we had found the right person. She arranged and attended all of the vendor appointments with us. She is incredibly organized and pays close attention to every detail. Her services are very reasonably priced and she is the most friendly, kind and caring person. She made both the Bride and Mother of the Bride completely stress free before, during and after wedding. I feel so fortunate to have had the pleasure of Liane’s professional services. She is the utmost professional and I would highly recommend her as a trustworthy and extremely reliable wedding coordinator.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Cindy, your daughter Marisa's wedding at the VALHALLA ESTATE, was so remarkable! The unique decor, historical surroundings, and families that were the idea clients, made for an unbeatable combination!

Morgan · Married on 08/04/2011

Growing up I always imagined my dream wedding and what it would look like. When I got engaged I had ideas for my wedding but wasn't sure how to make them become a reality. I had a friend recommend Liane McCombs, who also coordinated her wedding. She showed me her wedding pictures and told me about her wonderful experience with Liane, and I quickly decided that using a wedding coordinator would help me tremendously and make my wedding planning less stressful. From day one, Liane was incredibly helpful and each day she strived to make sure that all of my visions came true. She was very flexible and made my wedding unique and exactly the way that I imagined it to be. She was very professional but very fun to work with at the same time. She had wonderful ideas and made my wedding come together perfectly. Showing up at the reception and seeing how perfect everything looked, I was so grateful that I had used Liane as my wedding coordinator. She helped me to feel calm and to know what to do step by step on my wedding day. It was a wonderful feeling knowing that there was someone there to take care of everything so that I could relax and enjoy my wedding day. She treated each guest with kindness and truly made my wedding day a dream come true. I would highly recommend Liane to anyone who has a vision and wants to make their fairy tale wedding come to life.

Sent on 12/12/2011

Dallon · Married on 08/04/2011

Liane coordinated our wedding and did a great job. She was very helpful in finding us the best quality food, flowers, decorations, location, and much more to ensure that our wedding fit our visions perfectly. She is such a kind, warm woman who was not only fun to work with, but professional. If you want a really amazing wedding, I highly recommend using Liane. She will meet all of your needs and expectations and help you every step of the way.

Sent on 04/11/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Dallon, your wedding reception at the RANCHARRAH ESTATE was pretty spectacular! The colors, the food, and of course, the amazing venue were totally unforgettable! You were the perfect groom as well! My love and best wishes to you and Morgan as you begin your married life together.

Lorinda · Married on 04/02/2011

Liane did my wedding last year in Virginia City, NV. She was very professional, my husband and I really enjoyed working with her. When I had first contacted her I was beyond stressed Liane helped me feel much better about my upcoming wedding and making everything come together. My wedding turned out better than I had ever imagined. The set up was just beautiful. Liane helped to make my ideas and vision come to life, and helped make it better than what I saw in my head. I would recommend her to any of my friends or family.

Sent on 04/15/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Lori, your special wedding at the PIPER'S OPERA HOUSE in Virgina City, made us feel like we had stepped back in time! Set among the historical streets of this unique mining town, your wedding was a standout! Working with such a kind bride and groom are always a nice benefit of being an event coordinator!

Katrina · Married on 07/17/2010

Liane, was an absolute pleasure to work with! I hired her as a "day of" wedding planner and I don't know what I would have done without all her help! She was there for me to answer any questions I had from the day I booked with her to the day of my wedding.......that meant the world to me. My wedding day was more fabulous than I ever imagined it to be thanks to Liane's creativity and help. I relied on her to make sure everything was taken care of on my wedding day so I could just "show up". With my "Type A" personality, that was a big task for a wedding planner to take on. She AMAZED me by going above and beyond to make my day the most special day ever. THANKS LIANE

Sent on 02/13/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

We frequently work with clients, who my their own admission are "control freaks" with Type A personalities. We love it when a client has confidence in us, and we can take all that a client has prepared, and turn their dreams into reality, so that they can step back, and truly enjoy their wedding day. Katrina, we are so happy that you were pleased with our services on your wedding day.

bartola · Married on 06/26/2010

liane was wonderfull as a wedding planer thank u liane for making easyer for me and sergio
    Bartola :)

Sent on 02/16/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Creating an unique, cultural wedding day experience is always a creative and enjoyable experience for us. Working with such a fabulously wonderful client, such as you, Bartola, is an added benefit. The MARIACHI band was out-of-this-world! How in the world did you all dance until 3:00 in the morning? What a fun day!

Liane was both professional and fun. Easy to talk to, easy to work with and very affordable. I highly recommend Liane for her professional event planning services.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Rev. Ronald · Married on 08/02/2014

I work with Liane as a minister is is just the Best Reverend Ronald Z Sayed

Sent on 08/04/2014

Dominique · Married on 10/25/2013

Liane was really helpful throughout the process in suggesting alternatives when needed, and reassuring a worried bride!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Danny · Married on 07/16/2013

Fortunately for us, we've had multiple events with Liane and her great team. Her experience always pays huge dividends for both the client and the vendors involved. This outdoor event was elegiant, on schedule and perfectly balanced with planned events and leisure time for the guest to mingle and relax. All this despite +100 degree summer temperatures, a very complicated schedule with many locations/vendors to manage, a very large venue that required transferring guest to multiple locations and a dinner with several different wine servings for a crowd of +700. Liane's professional demeanor, executive level planning and impeccable "day of" execution delivers a peaceful confidence that is felt from beginning to end of the event. We enjoy our days with Liane and look forward to many more !

Danny J - the Mixx
    Wedding & Event Entertainment
    South Lake Tahoe, Ca
    mixxmusic.com

Sent on 09/09/2013

Teymour · Married on 06/29/2013

Hello liane,
    Thank you for your email. Sorry that we did not get a chance to say bye. It was a pleasure meeting you, I felt very comfortable working with you. I hope we meet in other happy events and get a chance to work together again and thank you for the large font time line. it was very cool to see someone doing that. Nice and simple to understand time line. I wish other people would do the same. I thought we will be done by 10 pm, but they really enjoyed the music and did not want to leave. So I end it exactly at 11:30 pm. I could not get them off the dance floor. Bride and groom were very pleased.
    Again thank you for your professionalism, great working with you.

Best regards,

Teymour

Sent on 07/01/2013

Kelly · Married on 07/07/2012

Liane McCombs is an amazing “day of wedding” coordinator. The services that we required for our wedding did not really fit into one of her regular packages, so we created one that fit together. Whenever we had to arrange specifics she would always call, text or email me in a timely manner. She would always show up for meetings before we got there, we never once had to wait for her.

I was a very involved bride, I made a lot of my decorations etc., she would clarify if she had any question on what exactly I wanted. She was great. Also on the day of my wedding I was able to let go and I had every confidence in her ability to carry out our wedding. She took my vision above and beyond what I had hoped for our big day. It was the best way to start out our happily every after.

Sent on 07/22/2012

Jane · Married on 07/01/2012

A couple of things you should know to put this review in perspective: (1) We live in Texas but were having our wedding in Tahoe; (2) We found & booked the venue in April for our wedding in July (that's right - we planned the whole thing in under 3 months); and (3) during the month of May, I finished my dissertation, graduated, and started a new job - so had lots of other things on my plate! Even with all these challenges/distractions, our wedding day was pretty perfect - and a HUGE reason for that was due to all of Liane's help! She helped us find the best vendors in the area, made sure we hadn't missed any important details, kept us organized and on-track with our short timeline, and was the voice of calm when I started to panic that it all wasn't going to get done. Liane gave us advice when we asked for it, support when we needed it, and helped us make the day our own. We were able to work on the details as much as we wanted so the day reflected our personality and style, and then helped make sure the other details didn't get overlooked. Our day would have been hard to pull off without her! We are so grateful for her help and would recommend her services without reservation.

Sent on 07/31/2012

liz · Married on 04/20/2012

I have hired Liane for 2 weddings. They were impecable. Her attention to dedail, organization and style as well as her genuine personal interest in our families were outstanding. I can't say I would change a thing! The receptions and events surrounding the wedding were a joy! My only wish I had another wedding to plan with Liane! You can't go wrong on this one

Sent on 04/11/2012
  • Walfre

Walfre Cruz · Married on 09/07/2019

Professional Wedding/Event Planner

Liane helped us plan our wedding from 12/2018 through the day of our wedding 9/7/2019. After contacting multiple planners, Liane was by far the most responsive and professional planner we spoke to. We got married in Lake Tahoe and Liane was was very knowledgeable about the area and all the vendors. She listened to our needs and made great recommendations based on that. She was very active with us the first couple of months, then we went a bit silent once we had confirmed most vendors, then a couple months before the wedding, it was back to active calls and emails. The day of the wedding, Liane and her team did a very professional job at making sure everything went according to plan.

Liane offers a few different service packages and we went with the full/get everything package, because we didn't want to miss anything. However, knowing what I know now we probably would have been fine with less expensive option. Regardless, Liane did an amazing job and our wedding was beautiful. Thank you Liane!

Sent on 01/19/2020

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Walfre and Greg for your kind comments and review. It was sincerely such a pleasure working with you! I am very happy for you both and wish you much happiness in the years ahead. Best always, Liane
  • Emily

Emily Williams · Married on 10/27/2018

Polished Professional

Liane is a joy to work with. She is a good communicator and has a keen eye for details. I highly recommend her for your event.

Sent on 11/02/2018
  • Erin

Erin Arth · Married on 09/20/2018

Very Knowledgable

Our only issue when working with Liane was it seemed in the beginning of the process perhaps she took for granted how little we knew about what all needed to happen and when.

I did a lot of the managing of information and trying to coordinate with all of the vendors and was not always sure where to turn next or what was left on the to do list. I am not sure if this is because she has been doing this so long that she knows it will all work out in the end?

Which it did. During the last few weeks everything came together and all the details were ironed out. Liane was not able to be at our venue on our wedding day due to her daughter having a baby! We were not worried at all though and trusted Liane's staff. She was overly grateful that we were understanding, but it really did not feel like a big deal, as she was so on top of everything when we met for our rehearsal the day before.

As expected, our event went off without a hitch. Liane's staff checked in with us frequently to ensure we knew what was happening and to see if we needed anything, but they were not overbearing.

Would def. recommend them!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Erin for your kind words and recommendation. It was really a pleasure to work with you and we wish you all the happiness possible in your new married life! xo

James · Married on 03/24/2017

Having a wedding co-coordinator was a must for our destination wedding in Squaw Valley at Plumpjack. We were travelling from Sydney and I am so glad we found Liane. Our wedding day went so smoothly, it really was a perfect day. This was possible because of Liane, she ensured everything ran on time and every vendor knew what they were doing. The programmes and table placing she organised were beautiful and with her experience she had some amazing ideas to make the day really special. Our family and friends found Liane extremely friendly and helpful. Having Liane as our wedding planner allowed us to enjoy our wedding exactly the way we wanted, we did not need to stress or worry about anything, Liane took care of it all. Thank you Liane!!

Sent on 05/01/2017