Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

107 | South Lake Tahoe, CA

107 Reviews for Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning

Jeremy · Married on 08/10/2014

Liane was awesome as usual! Thank you for a great event!

Sent on 11/30/2014

danny · Married on 08/06/2014

Liane loves her work and the evidence is clear with every part of each event that she takes on.
    Whether she is the program lead or given executional task as part of a bigger production, her planning, follow through and positive energy are the building blocks of success. We have worked with Liane and her staff several times and each and every case has produced a wonderful expierence for us and our clients. We look forward to our next event and would higly recommend her for your consideration.

Danny J
    the Mixx
    South Lake Tahoe

Sent on 08/06/2014

Lindsay · Married on 10/05/2013

We hired Liane as our "day-of" wedding planner. From the moment we met her she was professional and instantly proved to be an expert for all things needed in planning a wedding in Reno.
    From quickly answering questions via email during the planning stage to leading our rehearsal the day before, Liane was awesome.
    On the big day, Liane was right where I needed her at every moment (and always with a reassuring smile)! The day was perfect- if anything did go wrong, I didn't know about it because Liane and her team were on it. Every bride needs some help on their wedding day and I can't think of anyone better. A HUGE FIVE STARS!!!! Thank you Liane!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Jentry · Married on 10/05/2013

We had the pleasure of working with Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning for a recent wedding at the Nevada Museum of Art, and the couple was beyond thrilled with Liane's friendly and professional demeanor throughout their entire wedding day. As a photographer, having a planner with Liane's expertise throughout a wedding day is wonderful. Throughout a wedding day, Liane is there to make sure things stay on track and adjust the timeline as necessary so that the couple is happy - and that is so monumentally important. We absolutely look forward to working with Liane again in the future!

Sent on 01/13/2014

Jackson · Married on 09/21/2013

If you think you can do this without a wedding coordinator, you are wrong. I double-dare you to go it alone without one, because we'd have been toast without Liane.

We had already picked out the venue, caterer, photographer, DJ, and florist, and we thought things would be smooth sailing without a coordinator... Nope!! Wedding planning is unbelievably stressful. Try doing this yourself, I dare you.... things WILL go wrong. Things Will be forgotten and your multi-thousand dollar wedding will be a letdown because you wanted to save a couple bucks doing it yourself.

First off, Liane knows everybody. We picked all the best people, services, and equipment for our wedding before we met Liane because we did a ton of research, but Liane was already on a first-name basis with them all anyways - so believe it when she tells you she's connected with the best of the best.

Deciding which color of flowers or tablecloths is the easy part. Its the outrageous logistics that go into planning an event like this which make wedding preparation so stressful - and Liane's on top of EVERYTHING!

Two days before our outdoor wedding, we realized that the weather was going to ruin everything. Liane has an in with the party rentals company... She had us on the phone Thursday morning with tent information - including lining, walls, lighting, size, placement, timing, decorations, and cost. Just a few hours later, was walking the site with the venues's manager and crew so they could take care of the necessary prep-work.

Come Saturday, our DJ from San Jose (friend) got stuck up in the mountains (weather). Our reception was ruined.... Nope! As soon as we got that news, Liane called one of her DJs right after who showed up 15 minutes later with equipment! Freaking saved the day!!

Liane is always there to comfort you! She communicates and responds often! She is the best! She takes care of all of the details you don't want to deal with! Do not go it alone! BEST WEDDING OF ALL TIME

Sent on 09/24/2013

Ken · Married on 09/16/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Liane and her amazing team this passed Saturday at a beautiful Wedding Ceremony & Reception. As a Professional DJ I'm extremely organized and well prepared for my gigs, but I can honestly say they made my job MUCH easier! I usually have to double & triple check on many things at Weddings to ensure that things flow seemingly and vendors are all on top of things. Liane and her team were always either right there with me or one step ahead of me which was extremely impressive! I HIGHLY recommend Liane and her team and will continue to refer her my clients as they surely made me a believer!

Thank you for the 5 Star service you provided our client, I know it goes a long way with people!

Ken Allen
    DJ / Booking Manager
    Amplified Entertainment

Sent on 09/07/2016

ted · Married on 09/14/2013

I lead the band Rolling Heads and did a wedding with Liane on 9/14/13. We've had every variety of experience with wedding planners and can honestly say that this was the best. She was on top of every detail without stressing out the bridal party or other vendors. The event stayed on schedule without feeling overly structured. From my perspective, it seemed like we and the other vendors stayed informed, and felt appreciated.

Sent on 09/16/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2013

Liane and her team are great! They are very organized, have a beautiful vision, and make things happen! It was a pleasure to work with a company who is as professional as they are.

Sent on 09/16/2013

kelly · Married on 09/06/2013

We hired Liane to help with our wedding and went with the planning and vendor referral package. I was planning the wedding from out of state and she assured me that everything was going to work out just fine and it did. She always responded promptly to phone calls and emails with suggestions and answers to any and all questions. The day of she was invaluable. Cool as a cucumber, professional, and kept everything on time, in order, and calm. I felt like I had one more person behind me that wanted that day to go just as well as I did. Thank you Liane. Our day was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/27/2013

AS a Pastor I have worked with many wedding coordinators/planners and Liane is BY FAR one of the best I have ever worked with. She was fabulous in every way, and I wish I could work with her at every wedding--I definitely want to work with her when my daughter is ready for her BIG DAY:-) HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 07/19/2014

Pic · Married on 08/10/2013

Review from PicBox Photo Booth Company:

Liane and her crew are great to work with. I know that my job is going to be so much easier when Liane is providing the coordination. One word I would describe Liane: Professionalism!

Sent on 11/15/2013
  • User3319438 · 2+ years ago

It was a pleasure working with Liane. She always responded in a timely manner, professional, and courteous. Liane followed through on what she said she would do making me feel comfortable that everything would come together perfect, and it did

Sent on 06/12/2013

Carolyn · Married on 02/01/2013

As the site manager of the Tahoe Tallac Association's wedding site, "Valhalla" at South Lake Tahoe, I have worked with Liane for 5 years and I would highly recommend her services.

Carolyn Grubb
    Association Coordinator
    Tahoe Tallac Association
    530-541-4975

Sent on 02/09/2013

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

We always enjoy each and every wedding at the fabulous VALHALLA! This historic venue, situated right on the shores of pristine Lake Tahoe, it is the perfect place to be married!

Paula · Married on 01/05/2013

Liane is a wonderful person and talented professional. She is kind, thoughtful, organized, and responsive. She has a great deal of experience and it shows. When you hire Liane you can rest assured that you are in good hands. I would highly recommend Liane to all of my friends.

Sent on 02/10/2013

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Beginning 2013 working with you, Paula was the best way to begin the New Year! I feel like I have gained a new friend! Your son's wedding day was such a great memory for me, and one which shall stay in my list of favorite wedding days, ever!

Jennifer · Married on 01/05/2013

Liane was a great addition to our vendor team. Being an out of town bride was stressful but she made it very easy, especially the day of. It was a stress-free, blissful day and Liane and her team made it so.

Sent on 02/10/2013

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such an honor working with you, Jennifer on your fabulous wedding day! Your church wedding ceremony, and your magnificent dinner wedding reception at the PEPPERMILL TUSCANY BALLROOM, was out of this world. Getting to know you and Chris, as well as your wonderful families was so special for me.

Lily · Married on 09/02/2012

Like many people, I thought having a wedding planner was an extravagance we couldn’t quite budget it, but at my mother’s insistence, we decided to meet with Liane. And like most things, mom was right. After that first meeting I was convinced that Liane would not be an extravagance at all, but an absolute necessity. When my baker canceled one month out, I emailed Liane trying not to panic. In less than an hour, she had a recommendation for me and had even called that baker to let her know our situation. The cupcakes were a huge hit with the guests! During the entire planning process Liane was a true professional; I always received prompt replies to my emails, and her experience helped me turn my not quite complete ideas into a beautiful reality. The day of was gorgeous, everything I could have wanted! Liane helped run everything so smoothly that neither I nor my mother ever had to leave the celebration to solve a problem. When the complicated bustle on my dress refused to stay bustled, Liane was able to fix it no problem at all. I really don’t think I could have had such a beautiful, stress-free wedding without Liane’s help. I’ll be recommending her to every bride I know, Thank you again Liane for helping to make our day so perfect.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Working with you, Lily, was such a pleasure, as well as a sincere honor. You are the model for the perfect, well-prepared, organized bride! Your wedding day went off without a hitch, because you are a calm and go-with-the-flow type of gal! THE TANNENBAUM EVENT CENTER was the most perfect, Sierra forest venue, and your wedding ceremony, so beautiful, and your reception, so much fun! Who ever knew that engineers loved to dance so much!!

Kathleen · Married on 08/12/2012

Liane and her team helped us in making our destination wedding an unforgettable event. She was consistent in keeping us informed and aware of our timeline. She also helped us manage our priorities re getting and contacting the right vendors. She also made sure that all vendors were in the loop, even though some of our vendors were outside her circle. Best of all, she managed to make things happen without bothering us., such as finding a bake shop that will create my dream wedding cake coz our caterer could not do it. And also, coming to my rescue when my florist sent the wrong bouquet , a beautiful bouquet was delivered to my suite just in time for me to go to the ceremony! Perfect!
    I also know that there were a lot of chaos behind the scene, during the transfer and set-up for the reception, but her staff and hotel staff made sure to keep it from me so as not to worry me.
    With Liane's help our wedding was spectacular , my guests, friends and family were all very happy! And we have pictures to prove that.:)

My husband and I will forever cherish that day.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Working with destinations brides and grooms can be such a wonderful experience, and working with you, Kathleen, and Gregor, was just that! We pride ourselves on being able to take care of any last-minute, wedding day changes or issues, remaining calm, and confident. We are happy that you were pleased with our ability to make sure every detail on your wedding day, was just as you imagined it would be! The HYATT IN INCLINE was such a fabulous Lake Tahoe venue, and your wedding day was certainly spectacular!

Chad · Married on 08/12/2012

My name is Chad Sawyer and I own Moonlight Mobile DJ. I have worked with Liane often and I would definitely reccomend her. She is professional, courteous, and she always works with vendors to make the event a success. She is flexible, and does an amazing job with the decor and vision for the event. Liane is a wedding professional and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/04/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

We always look forward to working with you, Chad. MOONLIGHT MOBILE DJ, is a leader in the industry, and one that we recommend frequently to our clients. Wedding days always go more smoothly when you are on our team, Chad!
  • I

Ike · Married on 08/12/2012

I was an entertainer for this wedding/reception (Ike & Martin) and thought the Liane McCombs crew were very professional.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

We so enjoyed working with you, Ike, and our LAKE TAHOE destination clients were so pleased with your music performance at the INCLINE VILLAGE HYATT and LONE EAGLE BALLROOM. There is nothing like having live music incorporated into the wedding day, and your terrific talent made Kat's day even more memorable!
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/12/2012

Thank you for everything you did to make our special day absolutely perfect! I cannot recommend you enough to all of my friends who are happily engaged and starting to plan their weddings! After a two year engagement, you and your team were able to help with all the details to create a day that we will never forget!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Joel · Married on 08/11/2012

I actually am a DJ and have worked with Liane at numerous weddings. I love working with her because she really is both knowledgable and helpful. She is professional and fun to work with. When I get married, I am definitely asking for Liane's help!

Sent on 02/25/2013

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

When we want fun...we give you a call, Joel! Your great DJ ability and emcee talent to keep guests up and dancing, is a true blessing for a coordinator. Keeping the event on schedule, is key, and you excel in doing just that!

I have worked with numerous event planners in the Reno/Tahoe area and Liane McCombs is definitely one of the best. Liane is great at coordinating and assisting her clients to ensure that their event runs smoothly from start to finish. Her attention to detail and design trends is phenomenal. Liane always has her clients wants and needs in mind, which makes working with her a pleasure. An added bonus to Liane’s services is her big heart and her sincere joy for the work that she does for her clientele.

- Angelina Aragon
    Event Rental Professional

Sent on 08/20/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

An added benefit to being an event coordinator, is meeting so many wonderful people, such as you, Angelina. I have enjoyed our working relationship all these many years, as well as the friendship that has come because of that. You are amazing!

Sharon · Married on 07/28/2012

As a professional event and conference planner I was very happy to serve as wedding coordinator at my niece's wedding at the Thunderbird Lodge this July. I was pleasantly surprised to arrive at the location the day of the wedding to find "day of" assistance offered by Liane. She was a fantastic second set of hands, always ready to step in and help where needed, remaining calm and cool in an otherwise hectic day. The wedding was the bride's dream come true; fairy tale setting and perfect weather. All details were handled professionally by the vendors so that the day came off without a glitch! I would definitley recommend Liane McCombs services to any bride that may be looking for a wedding planner's services.

Sent on 08/08/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

A true honor comes working with an out-of -state event coordinator, on her niece's Lake Tahoe destination wedding day! The THUNDERBIRD LODGE could not have been any more perfect, and that day was certainly one of our most-remembered wedding days! Team-work makes it all happen, and Sharon, it was a pleasure to make your niece's wedding day a calm, stress-free wedding day for you, as well as for the entire family.
  • jeramie

jeramie · Married on 07/17/2012

I am a professional wedding photographer in the Reno area. I do not get the opportunity to work with many wedding coordinators and planners but if I had my chance I would request it every time. Furthermore I refer Liane out to every bride I book. Liane's attention to detail throughout the wedding process is amazing but her ability to make a full day seem easy and perfect is really what sets her apart from the rest. She knows that its the Brides big day and she knows that the little things that brides usually deal with don't need to happen so she steps in. I cant say enough great words about Liane... But if you are a bride reading this just make your life that much easier and enjoyable by having Liane in your life.

Sent on 03/01/2013

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

A true caring and involved wedding photographer with a love for the work, is what we find when we work with you, Jeramie. Your professional, yet fun attitude, makes photo-taking a joy for everyone, which results in such amazing images!

I would highly recommend Liane McCombs for any wedding or special event. She is so kind, professional and has the Bride and Groom's best interests at heart. Her creativity and experience are great assests to have working for you behind the scenes on your special day!

Sent on 10/24/2012

Liane McCombs Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

We gain a love and respect for each of our clients, as we assist them with the detailed planning of their wedding. We love what we do, and our clients are the reason we do not consider our profession "work", but sincerely an honor.