LIAM GRIST - DJ & MC Reviews

65 | Paia, HI

65 Reviews for LIAM GRIST - DJ & MC

Shirlene · Married on 02/14/2013

Our family and friends had so much fun on our Valentine’s Day wedding with Liam Grist as our DJ and MC. He was so enjoyable to work with and so professional. Liam even took the time to get to know us beforehand to find out the type of music we love. He created a magical night that where we danced the night away. Liam also setup a projection that reflected all of our family and friends making it such a personable experience. Thanks again for an incredible night of fun and excitement!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Thank you Shirline!

Josh · Married on 12/22/2012

We had our wedding at the beautiful Haiku mill. Liam followed through and made the entertainment side of things flow smoothly. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ and he helped immensely with planning. Highly recommended.

Sent on 12/27/2012

Jacqui · Married on 10/20/2012

Liam was great throughout the planning process providing such personal attention to us. He asked great questions and video chatted with us twice! I also know Liam spent plenty of time preparing as it was very apparent in the execution and was much appreciated.

The ceremony music timing was perfect. He provided wireless mics. The dancefloor lighting wasn't too crazy or cheesy - more modern. He was great with the mic and made Mark and I feel like the world revolved around our story. The introductions were definitely a highlight – our guests LOVED them! We also had guests of all ages and backgrounds which Liam mixed really well with. He's friendly, organized, and easy. I know our coordinator liked him too.

Thank you Liam! - Jacqui & Mark

Sent on 12/18/2012

Charlie · Married on 09/20/2012

Liam did a great job at our wedding. He had the group dancing all night!

Sent on 11/21/2012

I hired Liam for my daughter's wedding knowing that the bride and groom had specific tastes in music. Liam did an outstanding job of listening to their likes and dislikes, and easily accommodated the father of the bride who wanted a compilation which Liam put together brilliantly. When the music started so did the party: great job all round. Loved the extras that he has available: mic, CD, what he should wear etc.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Pearl · Married on 08/18/2012

Liam was great! Very friendly and professional, his music selection kept the dance floor packed. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/28/2012

Allyson · Married on 06/23/2012

Liam did an amazing job at our wedding and was great to work with! Leading up to the wedding he was very helpful putting together a schedule, his website was easy to use, he had games ideas if we wanted them, and he was very responsive to out emails. He also put together an awesome wedding party intro song by editing a song of our choice. During the wedding, I think he was able to read the crowd well and picked a good variety of music. I was a little nervous when he started with a club song right off the bat, but people went straight to the dance floor. He switched it up a lot and the floor was packed all night with friends and family of all ages! And after the wedding he sent us a copy of all the music from the wedding. I don't think we could have picked a better DJ!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Bridget · Married on 06/02/2012

Liam was the best DJ ever. He started the party and kept it going all the way until the venue closed. It was a rocking party. Every one was dancing! So many wedding guests came up to me and said that it was the most fun that they had ever had at a wedding reception...I give Liam props for this. No one left the dance floor! The party never stopped. He also DJ'ed at our rehearsal dinner, which too was a fabulous party. We sang karaoke! In addition, he was very professional and techno-savy. He was very organized and helpful with the planning and offering suggestions to make the evening go more smoothly during planning. BEST DJ EVER!!!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Kate · Married on 06/02/2012

Need to ensure the success of your party? Hire Liam Grist. I was hesitant to have a karaoke party for our rehearsal dinner, as I was not sure people would sing! Our group of almost 100 people was very diverse; all ages and even speaking different languages. Liam arrived on time, looking great, set up quickly, started interacting with young and old, and soon had everyone dancing--and even singing in front of close family and near strangers. He made the party. Literally.

Sent on 11/16/2012

Carly · Married on 04/17/2012

Liam did such a great job with our wedding & we are so glad that we booked him. All of our 23 guests (ranging in ages from 2 months - 75) told us so many times how much they enjoyed all of the music and how they thought Liam did such a great job! He really played a variation of music that made everybody at our wedding feel like they were a part of it, which is exactly what we wanted. Liam was also really great during the planning process...he was really prompt with returning emails and he was also very willing to skype and have conference calls with us. He also has such a great online system that it made it really easy for us to add songs when we thought of them and then save it and come back to it later...rather than having to sit down at one time and complete all of our music requests and preferences at once, which was really perfect for us.

Sent on 05/02/2012

Caitlin · Married on 07/16/2011

Liam made our wedding reception so much fun!!! He set the mood PERFECTLY from cocktail hour to dinner, to traditional wedding activities, and (best of all) dancing until our venue closed. His music selections were a spot-on mix of our tastes and those of our guests, which were wide-ranging, and his professionalism on the mic really impressed my father and father-in-law. Excellent value - Liam obviously put lots of care into prepping for our reception and made it a party to remember! 100% recommended.

Sent on 11/11/2011
  • User5202073 · 2+ years ago

Liam was great and very easy to work with. He was able to squeeze in all of our requests and accommodate all the impromptu speeches. Thanks!!

Sent on 08/15/2015

Catnart · Married on 09/18/2013

Our wedding took place on September 18th, so I have very vivid and fresh memories of it. DJ Liam made this day extra special. The music he played was just perfect for all of our guests. He went above and beyond of what we agreed on. He came early and was extremely prepared. The lightning he set up for us was awesome. It was beautiful and complimented our venue so well. Liam is a professional DJ. He knows how to make a wedding unforgettable and get people on the dance floor.We highly recommend him for any important event you may have. Definitely a reliable, professional and pleasant to work with DJ.

Sent on 12/20/2013

LIAM GRIST - DJ & MC's reply:

Thank you so much Art & Cat!

Liam is great to work with. He makes it easy to get in touch with him and to communicate all your wishes for the entertainment. Only feedback I'd give is he missed a few key moments like forgetting to play the mother & son dance but our guests had an amazing time. He took their requests and kept everyone dancing which was important to us. I would definitely recommend him.

Sent on 09/10/2015

LIAM GRIST - DJ & MC's reply:

Thank you! I'm shocked about the mother/son dance! I wonder if this is the wedding where the photographer and I decided to save the mother/son dance for later so that the couple could get sunset photos as the sun was setting. I'm sure there must be an explanation! Congratulations and best wishes!
  • User4620683 · 2+ years ago

3.4
      3.5
      3.0
      3.0

Our DJ was great the day of the wedding. However, we were promised a full audio recording of the day and were not given one. Our DJ told us that our audio was missing.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Aloha Chrissy,
    I'm so sorry I overwrote your ceremony audio recording. I was very glad to give you the reception recording for free and I hope you've enjoyed listening to it! Your wedding was so much fun! I'm so thank full you had me be a part of it, and thank full for your review. Best wishes!