LIAM GRIST - DJ & MC Reviews

65 | Paia, HI

65 Reviews for LIAM GRIST - DJ & MC

Jillian · Married on 11/01/2014

We looked at several DJs and went with Liam mostly because he sounded like a fun, genuinely friendly, helpful guy. He proved to be that and so much more. His attitude about everything from the planning through getting the party started was an absolutely essential part of our happiness on our wedding day. Everything was so smooth and we really appreciated how relaxed and comfortable he made us and our guests feel. He was easy and professional. The music was a perfect selection of our choices and his fill-ins. He made our reception entrance fun and swiftly handled the rest. We barely left the dance floor and our guests are still talking about how good the music/dancing was. He even wore the tie and all I wanted! We love having the music from our wedding to listen to on a CD he mailed to us. 100% recommended to any couple as he seemed so able to listen to our ideas and make it all work in a easy and fun way. From the bottom of our hearts thank you Liam!!!

Sent on 12/24/2014

January · Married on 10/25/2014

So fun and he delivered exactly what we asked for. A great DJ!

Betsy · Married on 10/24/2014

Liam was extremely professional and provided exceptional service. We highly recommend using him for your next event.

Sent on 12/18/2014

LIAM GRIST - DJ & MC's reply:

Thanks Betsy! You guys rocked the house! Aloha and best wishes!

Erika · Married on 10/04/2014

Amazing DJ - would highly recommend to anyone needing a DJ in Maui! He even went above and beyond and recorded our wedding toasts for us which we will cherish forever! Thank you Liam!

Sent on 12/26/2014

Alexa · Married on 09/13/2014

Dj Liam was a pleasure to work with. He was great at finding the music I had requested & he pulled it off without a doubt! Thank you Dj Liam for such a wonderful evening and making it that much more memorable. Aloha!

Erin · Married on 08/09/2014

Liam was excellent. Not only was he a fantastic DJ, but he was there to help me out and answer any other questions I had. I was a DIY, plan by yourself bride and his suggestions really helped the wedding come together. He played all my favorite music and the dance floor literally was filled to capacity from start to finish. Thank you Liam!!

Sent on 12/19/2014

LIAM GRIST - DJ & MC's reply:

Loved your DIY wedding! Thank you Erin!!!

Michael · Married on 07/12/2014

DJ Liam was great. Responded to all my inquiries in a timely manner. My wife and I had a short phone conference with him in order for him to get to know us a little. He's overall a very personable guy. It was very last minute, but he was able to take over right away when the musician's time was up. It was ahead of the time that was agreed upon, but he agreed to doing it without any problems. If I have the opportunity, I would definitely use him again!!

Sent on 01/30/2015
  • LINDSEY&TODD

Lindsey T. · Married on 06/22/2014

Planning a destination wedding in Hawaii from Japan was no easy feat. If you are tied between DJ services or not sure who to book, I will say over and over again, Liam Grist is your guy!!! I initially chose him because his website was super user friendly (I'm not exactly technologically savvy!), he was really organized & informative and he totally worked with my budget. Our first encounter was over facetime and I was so impressed by him! He is fun, yet professional, definitely knows his trade and he has the skills to make your wedding truly unforgettable. We held a small renewal at the Olowalu Plantation House with some very special personal touches and Liam was able to execute & deliver every special detail. One of my bridesmaids could not make it due to having a baby so she wrote and sang a very special song for us. Liam and my maid of honor worked together in secret and played this during our ceremony-- it was a total surprise and blew me out the water!! We also performed a flashmob to Thriller in the middle of our couple's dance, without Liam we could not have pulled this one off. We don't listen to a lot of mainstream music, don't enjoy hiphop or country, we're very picky, island/reggae/mellow music lovers and he was able to gather all this info and create the perfect playlist completely personalized to us. Our guests were raving about our wedding playlist. Just a few email interactions with Liam and he was able to reflect us and portray our love through music. Everyone was commenting about it. Liam has been doing this for many years and it shows. He will go above and beyond to make your day truly special-- I know this, because he did it for me. There should be an option for another star because he deserves 6.0/5.0. After the event, he was even kind enough to thank us for choosing him and provided us with our music playlist, ceremony audio and a video of our flashmob-- just because! I was really impressed!! He even cut us a military discount to say “thanks”!

Alex · Married on 06/11/2014

Great MC, DJ and entertainer! The entire night during his hosting of the Dance portion was awesome. Would definitely recommend him to anyone having a wedding or any get-together!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Jay · Married on 06/08/2014

We really enjoy how DJ Liam played the music on our wedding last June 8, 2014. Our guest were up beat with his choice of songs and he has done a great job. Thanks!!!A+++

Sent on 06/12/2014

Evelyn · Married on 05/24/2014

Liam Grist was great! He was so easy to work with. My husband and I tend to be "too laid back" and had a hard time making a decision about a specific playlist. We told Liam genres we liked and what kind of atmosphere we wanted for our reception and he truly delivered! Our wedding had friends and family of all ages and everyone enjoyed the music! Liam did a great job of reading the energy in the room and making sure everyone had a fun time.

Sent on 12/29/2014

Liam did a fantastic job at our wedding reception. It was more amazing than we had imagined and his music absolutely made the party!

We couldn't have been more pleased with his work and all of our friends can't stop talking about how much fun they had dancing.

So, cheers to the best DJ in Maui… And quite possibly in the world!

Thank you for making our reception so special and taking the time to create the perfect vibe for our celebration.

Sent on 04/28/2014
  • Stix

Nick · Married on 04/12/2014

We first saw videos of Liam's work, after our wedding planners told us he was the best, and Liam's parties were flawlessly executed, beautifully mc'd, and everyone looked like they were having a great time on their dance floors. So we were very comfortable going with Liam. We had a video conference with him (since we live in LA) and had something different, than the traditional wedding, in mind for our wedding. We wanted it upbeat and mellow during dinner and then very up-to-date, current dance music in a "club"-like fashion for dancing. No slow songs, just good songs to make it feel like an LA nightclub. Well I had no idea how well he was going to execute it. Not only is he EXTREMELY TALENTED at mixing, he played every song on our request list, keep the floor dancing all night, and even took requests from our drunken friends. All-in-all he was truly and honestly the best DJ I have ever had and I feel blessed to have had him grace our party with his presence and talent.

Sent on 05/09/2014
  • User4121958 · 2+ years ago

Although we were Miles away, our DJ made us feel very comfortable with our decision for choosing him. The fact that he uses FaceTime makes everything feel like we are in the same city

Sent on 05/22/2014

LIAM GRIST - DJ & MC's reply:

Thank you Nokeya & Reginald! Are you enjoying your reception CD?

Chad C. · Married on 03/29/2014

Liam, you were fantastic, thank you so much for helping us make our wedding FAB! People were dancing all night and having the time of their lives, your set-up was beautiful and professional. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Lacey · Married on 02/14/2014

Easy to work with, dedicated and a really great guy! Thanks for brining your super fun energy to our wedding and making it a definite success! Thanks to Liam, all guests danced the night away!
    Definitely recommend :)

Mark and Lacey

Sent on 05/05/2014

Sarah · Married on 01/18/2014

Liam is an AWESOME DJ! He makes everything available for you online, so it is super easy to stay in contact and update song list requests, ask questions, etc. He worked very well with the musicians and other vendors I had hired and he is very easy to get along with and talk to. I really didn't know what music I wanted, but I described it well enough for him to take my ideas and run with it. Great guy!

Sent on 02/18/2014

If you are looking for a DJ look no further. Liam is the best wedding DJ I have ever seen. He made our Jan. 2 2014 wedding in Oahu, a night none of our guests will ever forget. He went above and beyond to make it the perfect night. When rain threatened to derail our dancing, Liam's attitude and fabulous music kept everyone on the dance floor in the rain, for the entire night. Many of my guests commented that he was the best wedding DJ that had heard and the music he played was perfect. Liam also helped us during the ceremony by providing microphones and sound systems for our ukelele player.

Liam was also incredibly easy to work with prior to the wedding. All his payments and contracts were digital, which made it easier for us. He has an extensive website where you can fill in all you musical preferences, info for his MC services and (fun) dress my DJ to make sure he is wearing the right clothing. We could not have been happier with out choice. He was so professional, fun and reasonably priced. You will have a perfect night if you hire Liam Grist.

Sent on 01/13/2014

LIAM GRIST - DJ & MC's reply:

Wow thanks much Danielle & Chris! You, your family, and friends KNOW how to have a good time!

Connie · Married on 11/21/2013

OMG! Liam was fun and very responsive throughout our planning. We did a video chat that was helpful and he just brought energy to the wedding. He also gives us recordings of the songs, toasts, and ceremony which was a nice plus.

Sent on 12/02/2013

G · Married on 10/12/2013

Worked on short noticed and still did a great job. Our first DJ had to back out and Liam stepped in seamlessly. Very professional and exceeded our expectations! Thanks!

Sent on 11/25/2013

Marc A. · Married on 10/07/2013

We short listed two island Dj's and while the other one could mix and scratch live (which we enjoy on a regular basis) we completely preffered Liam's style. Coming from Canada it was a little stressful trying to organize a destination wedding, but Liam smoothed that right out. From the initial contact he was fantastic! Skype calls, song lists, and amazing communication with plenty of emails. Liam put together a timeline for the wedding which really helped out knowing when speeches would happen, or what to do for the cake cut and such. The services provided by Liam were top notch and I would recommend him to anyone coming to the island. We were running short on our time, and Liam was flexible to stay if necessary, so we paid for an extra hour of music. Everyone was having too much fun. Two things I want to point out:
    1. He kept the dance floor full!!! We had a big mix of age, and music selection. Liam knew how to keep the vibe going.
    2. He did an incredible job getting all the songs we wanted played.
    Overall A++

Sent on 11/23/2013

Shelley · Married on 09/28/2013

Hands down the BEST DJ in town! I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone. His set up is beautiful and his energy is great! From the ceremony to the reception the music was perfect. DJ Liam really listened to my needs and wants and made my dream wedding come together with great music. He rocked my grand entrance and kept the dance floor filled all night long! I know that all my guest had a wonderful time and we are so glad that DJ Liam was part of our special day.

Sent on 11/26/2013

Megan · Married on 07/27/2013

Liam did an amazing job DJ-ing our wedding!! He kept our guests dancing all night, and played a great variety of music - oldies, current hits, Latin music - everything we wanted. I really was impressed with the way he was able to work with both the songs on our list and his own songs to make it a great dance party!

Review from the Groom

Tanto la organización previa al evento como la puesta en escena, el desarrollo y la post producción fueron desarrolladas impecablemente. Liam es un tipo tremendamente profesional y agradable que sin lugar a dudas contribuyó a que nuestra experiencia fuese de primer nivel, completamente recomendable!

Sent on 01/01/2014

Cameron · Married on 05/25/2013

"Mil Gratis" is 1) Latin for "extra mile" and 2) an anagram for the one and only Liam Grist. This is no coincidence - MC LG will go that extra mile for you. How so? The proof is in the pudding:

1. He was the most responsive of all our vendors, which helped reduce the stress of a destination wedding. We knew from the start that the DJ/MC was something we wouldn't have to worry about.
    2. He set up phone interviews so we could talk in person and helped us plan the entertainment element of our wedding.
    3. His website has cloud-based forms for entering in music and wedding info, which was helpful (and pretty slick). Through this website we could also choose his attire - nice touch.
    4. He took the short song list we provided and filled in the rest of the set seamlessly.
    5. He set the perfect mood for the reception. Many of our guests said it was the most fun they ever had at a wedding, and Liam was a big part of that.
    6. He follows the 3 sacred D's of the DJ - do your job, dial your knobs and don't play prog. OK I made that up.
    7. He was professional and friendly to our guests and is generally an all-around great guy.

We highly recommend Liam to you and yours!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Planning a Maui destination wedding from Canada was made easier by professionals like Liam. Out of our 8 core vendors, Liam definitely ranks in the top 2. From my initial email, Liam was a consistently reliable communicator via email and/ or phone- he never missed an email or a phone call. He is professional, fun, pleasant and he truly puts 110% into making your wedding special and memorable. Liam is very willing to work with you to personalize your wedding: He was instrumental in creating our personalized "brother & sister remix dance mix".

Liam truly takes advantage of today's modern communication platforms: His website is very informative with many options for lighting, video, projection, etc. We really liked the option of loading our favorite reception and cocktail music selections into our account- it was so easy!

As a DJ and MC, Liam was pleasant, friendly and was able to read the crowd so well- I think being able to read a crowd of guests is really essential at a wedding esp. to keep people dancing, engaged and interested without being overbearing. Liam is very personable, friendly and brings the right amount of energy to your wedding reception.

We are beyond pleased with his wedding ceremony & reception services.

Sent on 05/28/2013