L'Fay Bridal Reviews

68 Reviews for L'Fay Bridal

L'Fay Bridal 1
L'Fay Bridal 2

Jessica · Married on 04/26/2014

Thank you L'Fay Bridal for the perfect dress! I had so many compliments on my Berta dress and the best one was a friend of a friend who saw my dress on facebook and she wanted to copy the style. My reply to her was "you can't copy a Berta dress, you'll just have to get the original. It's Berta."

It was a wonderful shopping experience and Renee and Amy were both very professional and providing a reliable and responsive service. Amy is an awesome seamstress and I truly appreciate her art and her patience to get my dress in such a perfect condition. Renee had made this process for me stressfree and very enjoyable.

Thank you once again. I have already recommended a few friends who will definitely pay you a visit at some point.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Caitlin · Married on 09/07/2013

I never knew what my "dream" dress was...but I certainly found it. I have to say I ended up really enjoying my wedding dress shopping experience. I kept my search to smaller boutiques, who really took care of me. Cymbeline/L'Fay was the last store I went to - which came recommended by a friend's sister - at this point, I had more of an idea of what I actually wanted. The staff recommended I try on the last dress I tried on - and it turns out that was the one! My mom started crying and I just knew it was it. I didn't believe everyone that that's how it happens - but it really was that cliche. Renee helped me through every step of the way. We ended up making some pretty big changes to the dress and they definitely got the job done. There was a little bit of a language barrier with their seamstress and I had to tell her a couple times to fix things, but in the end, it all got done - the dress looked stunning - and I couldn't have dreamed of a better dress. I truly believe the whole wedding dress experience is unique for every single bride out there and not every place is a good fit for everyone. But I really enjoyed my experience with Cymbeline/L'Fay and would recommend them to all brides out there!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Trish · Married on 07/27/2013

I was beyond pleased with my dress and the service from this salon. The dresses they have in the store are well kept, organized and clean. Everyone who works there is laid back, soft spoken, yet professional. They are not pushy like some other salons I've experienced. Their seamstress Amy is amazing and wish I could use her for all of my tailoring needs.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Gali · Married on 05/10/2013

I arrived to Cymbeline after visiting a number of places including Pronovias where I had an absolutely disappointing experience. From the minute I stepped into Cymbeline & L'Fay on 5th Ave and 19th St I felt welcomed and that their only goal is to help me find the perfect dress for me. Renee, my consultant, was extremely professional and responsive. She truly listened to me and helped me narrow down the options to a few dresses that were closest to what I was looking for. When there was a part of a dress that I didn't like, they right away agreed to alter it to something that I want. Just for comparison, when I asked for a very minor addition to the straps of a dress at Pronovias, I received the answer that it is absolutely impossible. Renee gave me her honest opinion and helped me into and out of dresses until I found THE ONE. Thanks to Renee's professionalism and patience an otherwise very stressful processes became very positive and pleasant! I can't wait to wear my dress and that's exactly the feeling I was hoping for after making such an important purchase.

Sent on 12/29/2012

Brianne · Married on 05/21/2012

From start to finish I had a wonderful experience working with Ivy and Amy (seamstress) at Cymbeline in NYC. I went on a whim after I got an email that the store was having a trunk show and reading great reviews about working with Ivy. The intimate boutique erased any fears I had of shopping for a gown in a huge store. After trying on a few gowns that were nice but not for me, Amy brought out a lace dress she was working on. It wasn't much at first but my gut told me to trust Ivy and Amy so I walked out of the store after purchasing a concept of a dress. Over the next year and a half they listened to me and finished the dress so that it was even better than I could've imagined. I was head over heels in love with my dress and I would never have had the wonderful experience or result without the crew at Cymbeline. I still get compliments on my dress! Everyone I've encountered at Cymbeline has been lovely and I couldn't speak more highly of my wedding dress experience and how special they made it for me. Thank you!

Sent on 01/08/2013

Kerstin · Married on 05/20/2012

Amazing designs and I was lucky enough to find mine during a sample sale. Everyone I dealt with was amazing, and their seamstress is like a machine. Had some troubles with the sash I paid for though (in stock, not in stock, waiting for me then no longer available). In the end I got something that worked better so it was't a problem but the back and forth was unprofessional in my book. Still love them though:)

Sent on 07/27/2012

Megan · Married on 09/25/2011

If you're a New York bride looking for a wedding dress, you can't miss Cymbeline! The sales staff was helpful, and we had so much fun shopping for my gown! I had been to about 10 stores prior to going to Cymbeline, and every dress I tried on before made me feel like the dress was wearing me. But at Cymbeline, I found three wonderful contenders. The dress I settled on was on sample sale, and it fit like a glove. It was $1700, slightly over my budget, but worth it! I actually didn't even need it altered-- I know, unheard of!-- so I didn't have any experience with the seamstress. But, the best part: as much as I loved my dress, my husband loved it more. I will never forget his face as I walked down the aisle! I had been planning on donating my gown to a charity shop after our wedding, but he actually took it himself without my knowing and had it preserved, saying, "Honey, there's no way you're giving THAT dress away!"

Sent on 11/09/2011
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 06/25/2010

I bought a sample gown from Cymbeline Paris. I actually thought I had found my dress at another shop but still had an appointment at Cymbeline and decided to go. Thank goodness I did because Ivy, the saleswoman, picked out a dress that fit me like a glove. I barely went into describing what I was looking for and Ivy pulled a dress she wanted me to at least try. Needless to say, it was my gown. I was eager to find a dress with off-the-shoulder sleeves, something soft, but it was too hard to find. Cymbeline has a seamstress that was able to mock up what I was looking for and we were able to add them to the dress. Cymbeline was super flexible and Ivy did a great job at listening to what I was looking for and not being pushy (what a relief when gown shopping).

Sent on 06/11/2011

3.5

Best salon, and Renata (Rene) is great! I found my perfect dress there with matching veil...I cannot say how many comments I got about my dress and look for the day. Look for sales/ floor samples to cut the cost. Otherwise, be prepared to pay an average of 3-5 g's for a dress.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Silvia & Stanley · Married on 11/19/2011

Great service, unique gorgeous dresses at a good price!

Sent on 12/15/2011
  • Y

Yesim · Married on 06/16/2011

Cymbeline has a beautiful line of dresses. It was hard to settle on one dress but in the end your body tells you which one is the best for you. In the course of this hard decision, it was genuine support that I received from the team at Cymbeline, particularly Renata. The dress came on time, and I did not experience any significant delays in its tailoring. But, pls note that my dress needed minimum effort in that regard. Overall, I was absolutely confident of my dress and it was a very nice feeling. Thank you, Cymbeline!

Sent on 10/05/2011

After an exhaustive search I finally found my dress at L'Fay. They had a gorgeous selection, most of which you can see online. The store itself was small, quiet and the person who helped me was so fantastic. She was patient, gave great feedback (which was great because I was searching on my own that day), and she helped take pictures of different dresses on me. The price range is okay, but it's pretty high end compared to some of the bigger warehouses in the city.

My dress came in right down to the wire, I only had a couple of weeks before the wedding to do all the fittings. You pay a pricey flat fee for alterations but they promise a quick turn around. The seamstress I worked with was quick and strong of opinion. I had to go back and forth a bit to get the fit promised me at the initial try-on months before. She ultimately made the right adjustments. All together I came back for three fittings and took the dress with me on the last one. I wish they provided a nicer garment bag given the loads of money you spend on their dresses.On my wedding day my bridesmaids found a good number of loose strings that I think should have been removed or fixed prior but we were able to trim them all. All in all my dress ended up beautiful and fit like a glove.

Sent on 01/10/2016
  • Jackie

Jackie · Married on 09/25/2010

4.2
      2.5

I purchased my dress at the NY Cymbeline Paris store. The service here is great! I was extremely happy with the seamstress. She does wonders! and she created an amazing bustle for my dress! She can really do anything and gets it right the first time. I think her name was Amy. Ivy was the salesperson that helped me and she was great too. She didn't push me to buy the most expensive dress. She really just wants you, the customer to be happy with your purchase. I even bought a bracelet there that they altered for me. I spent a little more $$ on the dress than I wanted but I was so happy with the way it turned out!

Sent on 10/12/2010

4.2
      3.5

I came across L'Fay Bridal because they were one of the few boutiques in NYC to carry the designer I was looking for. The intimate setting is great for those that don't want to be surrounded by a hundred people while trying on dresses. The service was good and whenever I needed to come back to try on accessories they accommodated my tight schedule.

Sent on 04/03/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/04/2017

2.0

L'Fay was so helpful in helping pick out my dress! I went to a ton of wedding dress locations and L'Fay was definitely the best!

Sent on 12/20/2016

susan · Married on 06/26/2011

3.8
      3.0
      3.5

I absolutely loved my dress and they staff was extremly freindly. The veil i ordered was ripped, and i had to settle on one slightly off color which was only noticable to me, but still alittle upsetting. I had also ordered some of there accessories that i was promised would be in before my wedding and they never were, another little disappointment.

Sent on 01/05/2012

L'Fay Bridal's reply:

Thank you very much for sharing , can we please have some pictures send to us as well, I apologize for small mistakes we made along the way .... we are trying to get better every day :)
    We would love to know more about accessories that were late so we can fix that problem for all future Brides
    Renee at CYMBELINE

andrea · Married on 05/06/2017

2.4
      1.0
      2.5

Finding the perfect Berta dress was a great experience. My consultant was very helpful. Unfortunately when it came to alterations our seamstress was very hard to work with. She argued with me and my aunt every step of the way and even wanted me to get higher shoes so she wouldn't have to make the dress shorter. When I took the dress out of the bag the day of the wedding I found that the inside of my dress was dirty but it was too late to do anything about it. Then about 2 hours in to using the bustle on my dress it breaks. I would recommend purchasing a dress here but take it somewhere else for alterations. It was a waste of money and an unpleasant experience to have the dress fit me the way it should.

Sent on 05/16/2017

Alexandra · Married on 06/25/2016

0.4
      0.5

DO NOT SHOP here! Unless you want them to order the wrong size, sell you an overpriced dress with MULTIPLE holes in it, boss you around during your fitting and leave you in tears a week before your wedding! This was the most horrible experience I have ever had! They forced me to wear a dress to my wedding that I hated, because they made an error and said they could change something that in reality they could not. They saw how upset I was and did not even offer any compensation at all, they charged me in full for their seamstress services, who proceeded to continue to ruin the dress. Dont have her do your alterations, she is terrible and has a horrible attitude, rude and bossy. I had to take my dress to another seamstress to have her save the dress two days before my wedding. It was my biggest mistake to EVER set foot in this store!

Sent on 08/31/2016

L'Fay Bridal's reply:

Hello Alexandra, when you picked up your dress you seemed to be very happy. You thanked everyone, including the seamstress. Then a week before wedding you called and complained that the lace on the shoulder was ripped. We don’t know how that happened but we asked you to come back anyway so we could take care of it for you. Unfortunately you refused stating that you will fix it somewhere else and demanded full refund for the alteration services…