L'Fay Bridal Reviews

68 Reviews for L'Fay Bridal

L'Fay Bridal 1
L'Fay Bridal 2

Michelle · Married on 09/28/2013

I cannot say enough wonderful things about my shopping experience at Cymbeline. It was my first time shopping for a dress and though I was nervous I came prepared with photos of the styles I was looking for. Ivy seemed to immediately understand my personality and style and found a handful of gorgeous choices. She did not rush me or make me feel pressured and made it an amazing experience . I fell in love with dress #2 (Ivy's selection, I might add) but was not ready to make a decision before going to my next scheduled appointment at Kleinfeld. 2 hours later I was running back to Cymbeline and their amazing customer service and stunning selection. Ivy was even able to get the dress of my dreams in my budget.

Cymbeline can't be beat.

Sent on 02/27/2013

I fell in love with the store and all people there , they were perfect. my consultant knew exactly what was perfect for my body type . they were also very patient with the grout of people that where with me :)i definitely recommend
    Dresses are beautiful and unique .....

Sent on 02/14/2013

I purchased my gown from Cymbeline L'Fay in January. With my mum and sisters overseas, I was a bit scared of the process so two friends helped me out. After visiting some of the bigger salons, from the moment I walked into Cymbeline I knew it was different - small, attentive, and on a Saturday afternoon, we had the place to ourselves! Renata helped me during my first appointment and she let us go crazy, letting us pick them ourselves to try on. One of my friends picked a dress off a mannequin, which when I tried on, made me feel like a stunning, beautiful bride - it was THE dress!There were no tears, I just felt beautiful and it was so easy to imagine myself doing my first dance in that dress!

Renata was extremely patient. She knew before I did that I would come back, and happily waited while I called my mum and also understood when I said I needed to sleep on it. The next day I called them back to make an appointment, they fit me right in for Monday and this time I went alone - Ivy the manager helped me out as Renata was on leave, and she let me try a few other styles to reinforce that the dress I picked was indeed the dress for me. She stayed late to help me process my order and was super flexible about some modifications I wanted to make the dress truly mine. The alterations lady happened to be there and she was also super flexible when I discussed what I wanted done. All for a VERY reasonable price!

I'm very excited about the gown and I'm looking forward to when it comes in. The designs are beautiful, the staff are absolutely wonderful and I highly recommend them. A colleague of mine is also getting married, so I told her to go to Cymbeline - she was bowled over with the designs, price and service so she also just purchased her dress from Cymbeline. All I can say is a big thank you to the staff for turning what I thought would be a scary process into a wonderful experience!

Sent on 03/29/2013

Beautiful selection and very helpful staff!

Sent on 09/23/2013

Robin · Married on 05/12/2013

My experience here was perfection. When my friend made an appointment here for me, I was certain that there was no way I would find a dress that fit my low budget. When I walked in, I told them my absolute max budget, and what kind of dress I wanted. The FIRST dress they pulled is the one I got, and within budget! They tailored it perfectly, and I couldn't have been more happy.

Equally importantly, they were not pushy with their additional products at the store. When I told them that I didn't care for any of their sashes, they told me that I may have better luck at a different bridal store or a fabric shop. You have to appreciate their honesty :)

Sent on 05/26/2013

Kathy · Married on 05/04/2013

At first, I was hesitant to follow the instructions of making an appointment on line thinking my info will just get lost in the shuffle, but Renee personally emailed me right away with available appt times - hardly any wait time. The quality of service was also very impeccable. Whatever your budget is, they treat you like you're the only bride. The dresses were all beautiful as if they were hand-picked. Not only good customer service, I was very impressed with Renee's expertise and taste, she helped me finalize my choice - surprisingly, ended up choosing a dress completely opposite my taste. She helped me pick a dress, not only beautiful, but perfect for my body/look. The price was also unbeatable! Overall outstanding experience!

Sent on 06/12/2012

Vanessa · Married on 04/06/2013

My experience at Cymbelline was amazing!!!!! I went to many stores in New York before going to Cymbelline and the best experience ever was at this store. The personel is amazing, specially Renee. All the staff are so sweet and careful for the brides. I really recommend to go to Cymbelline because you will find the perfect dress for you!!!!!

Sent on 05/13/2012

Lindsay · Married on 07/21/2012

I LOVE CYMBELINE. In my quest for the perfect wedding dress I must have gone to oh, I don't know, about 10 stores in 3 cities and tried on about 70 dresses. Yes, I was that indecisive monster of a bride. Don't judge.

Enter, Cymbeline. I slipped on a dress and fell in L-O-V-E with the top. It was stylish, it was sexy, it made me look like a waif... oooh girl, I could go on forever. The top was, and is, the shit. The bottom of the dress however was NOT my style. At all. In fact, it sort of killed the entire dress for me. Bummed out, I tried on another dress with a skirt I loved... it was fun and airy and free... and, shock me shock me, it came with a lace top I hated. Instead of feeling sexy and skinny, I felt lumpy and vanilla up top. UGH!! What was a bride to do?! Well if you watch Say Yes to the Dress (and if you're a girl in a relationship or newly engaged, you definitely do) you know the answer.

Frankendress. Take the top of one dress and stick it on the bottom of the other! Voila! Easy right? Randy does it all the timmmme on Say Yes...

Turns out, in reality, not so easy. Cymbeline the design house has a strict no-pattern change policy. It seemed that dream Frankendress was going to slip out of my hands... but then, a miracle! Ivy and Renee in the store talked it over and said they could order the fun skirt dress and extra fabric for the top of the fun top dress -and then their seamstress, Amy, could MAKE Frankendress there for me AND they could stay within my dress budget (a budget that the consultants at Kleinfeld's always seem to struggle with - read: not baller).

Scary? You betcha. Did I do it? Hell yes.

So... how did it work out you might ask? Well, after only 3x fittings it turned out PERFECTLY. My dress is SICK; it fit like a glove, and I felt like a Stylish-Sexy-Waifish-Airy-Fun-Free bride. Every NYC bride should go to Cymbeline to look for their dress. Even if you don't find it there, the experience you will get during your search is worth the trip.

Sent on 07/22/2012

Best bridal salon experience!!! Go there if you want to be treated like a real person and not just a commission check. Everyone who works there is incredible! They don't rush you and get upset if you want to try on more than three dresses. Absolutely no sales pressure! I love this salon! A must visit! They do alterations in house and it couldn't be easier.

Sent on 11/17/2011

Sandra · Married on 10/22/2011

WOW! Walking in there, they knew what would look good on me more than I did. I didn't even want to try on the dress they suggested and once I put it on, I didn't want to take it off. The whole experience there has been such a pleasure! Everyone is so kind and know what they're doing from Renata, Ivy and Amy (the seamstress).

Sent on 11/11/2011

Maggie · Married on 09/24/2011

It was the best kind of wedding dress experience. The women at Cymbeline are so involved and helpful, from the managers to the sales associates and the seamstress is the best! I couldn't have asked for better, it was above my expectations. Cymbeline was the first place i went and i didn't want anything else after seeing their gowns. I can't wait to send some pictures so they can see the way it all came together!

Nevette · Married on 09/18/2011

Not only was my dress AMAZING, but they altered it perfectly, which is hard to do with lace, and I never had any doubt that it would be done in time, even with less than a month between my last fitting and my wedding day! And a hurricane!

Kisa · Married on 09/16/2011

Cymbeline's is a small boutique, selling only her own gowns. If you like her gowns on line, you will not be disappointed when you go there. The showroom manager, Ivy, is wonderful to work with and the seamstress, Amy, is excellent. I was totally satisfied with every aspect of the gown and service

Josina · Married on 08/13/2011

My experience at Cymbeline really was a dream come true. From the moment my mom and I walked in the door, Renee was very professional, energetic and courteous to us. I generally told her what I was looking for, though I really had no idea as this was the first proper dress appointment I had. The showroom is absolutely beautiful and I believe has something for any bride's tastes. I thought that I was initially into a lace dress but after trying on about 3, I realized it wasn't at all what I wanted. Renee was very patient with me and eager to find a better fit - as soon as she sensed I wasn't feeling a dress she would zip off and return with something better. She even let me do a bit of browsing myself to get an idea. After trying on about 12 dresses, Renee brought my IT dress and I was blown away (it was a sample and it fit like a glove - a total steal). I was so excited! Additionally, she has great presence with moms/guests - my mom wanted something over the top while I preferred simple and classic and she brought out the perfect accessories to accentuate the dress, satisfying both me and my mom. A few weeks later I had the typical bridal nerves and had to see my dress again - I came one day during lunch and had the showroom to myself. Ivy treated me just as well as if I were a new customer and catered to my every wish - she tried on several veils, earrings, etc. and got my excited about my dress all over again! I highly recommend Cymbeline to any bride looking for a beautiful fabric, elegant style, and best of all - unpretentious service.

Leslie · Married on 07/23/2011

I heart Cymbeline! It's kind of a hole-in-the-wall, but you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/19/2011

Gina · Married on 05/14/2011

I got the Daylice dress from Cymbeline, and it was ahhhhhhhmazing!!!! I was so in love with my dress, and they also did incredible alterations for me, changing out the back lace up of the dress to make it more feminine. Ivy is fantastic, and it was a wonderful experience. I got SO many compliments on my dress on my wedding day!

Sent on 05/20/2011

Mitra · Married on 02/27/2010

Everything about finding and buying my dress at Cymbeline was a pleasure: wide array of styles; helpful sales staff; reasonable prices; meticulous alterations and a relaxed, intimate and friendly atmosphere. They did not try to upsell me and they were able to help me find a dress that was both flattering and unique and within my budget. If you aren't into a big bridal emporium like Kleinfeld, Cymbeline is a great choice for you.

Sent on 03/22/2010

nicole · Married on 02/20/2010

My couture dress was amazing!

Sent on 04/07/2010

Jen · Married on 05/30/2015

Loved my dress from L'Fay bridal! They also suggested a bolero with my dress which made it so special and unique. The staff was extremely kind and accommodating and the tailoring by Amy was perfect.

Sent on 06/19/2015

One word...FLAWLESS! I went to their location in Manhattan and it was the best experience I've EVER had! Prior to going to their store I of course went to 2 or 3 others (one well known) and they were AWFUL!!! Especially the "had to go to" store which was very disappointing and made me feel like I was just a number. L'Fay bridal was amazing to say the least and each and every one of their girls who worked there were very sweet, attentive, never rushed me or placed pressure on me to purchase a dress and most importantly they were honest. Not once did they try to direct me to anything over my budget, push for a dress style I didn't like, chatted with me about things other wedding stuff (so it felt personable) and listened to what I had envisioned my dress to look like. Amazingly, they carried Berta bridal dresses which was my dream wedding dress designer and was so thrilled they had her collection. The staff kept me informed with everything from purchasing the dress to accessories (veil, sashes for my maid of honor) and when my dress was ready. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. This is one place you can not pass up on!

Sent on 03/28/2015

Marcy · Married on 01/25/2014

I was very pleased with the service and product selection I received at L'Fay Bridal. Renee was very helpful in assisting me in making my selection. I had ~3 visits before making my decision and they were very patient with me. I loved the personalized boutique experience. My dress was perfect. I cannot recall the taylor's name but she was amazing and I looked beautiful on my wedding day. I would highly recommend taking a look here at minimum. I was very happy with my selection. Thank you L'Fay Bridal!

Sent on 03/29/2015

Laura · Married on 11/02/2013

Back in May 2013, I went up to New York City to say yes to the dress (literally). After being let down by the rude service and unaccomodating treatment I was basically kicked out of Kleinfelds as both the consultant and her manager expressed that my dress simply did not exist at Kleinfelds. Arriving to L'fay as my 2nd NYC wedding dress appointment, a new atmosphere presented itself. The friendly disposition of Renee and having the privacy of the entire boutique to my mom and myself was everything I could wish for. We went through the collections and Renee pulled a few dresses for me to try on. I didnt think the dress was apart of the ones she pulled but I maintained an open mind frame. It was a miracle I began to have fun because every dress I tried on, we could customize it. Being an trendsetter and sharing a love of fashion, this was a dream come true to select my dream dress. I picked out 2 dresses that I equally loved and because of the unending accomodation and pleasant assistance of Ren, my wedding dress is a blend of the 2 I had picked out customed to what I wanted and not me trying to convince myself I need to fall in love with an existing dress. Then she pulled out the most magnificent veil - no exaggeration - that I have ever seen and wore it with the dress. Tears immediately came to my mom and I - this was it - SAYING YES TO THE DRESS and POP the champagne. An unbelievable moment that will be captured as one my top favorite times of my entire life. The price was equally as impressive too - I feel like I would have to spend 10 times that amount at Kleinfelds. Already evidenced in our bridal scrapbook, I will sincerely treasure the quality of the service I received from L'fay. I just found out this past week (Sept 2013) that my dress is in for my first fitting and I am so anxious to see (and try on) my wedding gown this weekend.

Sent on 09/17/2013
  • Eowyn

Eowyn · Married on 09/14/2013

A lot of the Cymbelline stock is on the expensive side, but I told Renata my budget and she didn't let me pull dresses that were more than 2 or 3 hundred over it, and had suggestions of alternate, similar, dresses when I expressed interest in a more pricey gown. I believe that much of the stock is in the $2000 - $5000, making them more spendy than cheap - but you get your money's worth in gorgeous materials. If you can hit a sale here then you'll hit the jackpot.

The dresses are all really really beautiful fabrics (real silk organza and chiffon, english net instead of scratchy tulle, italian silk taffeta and Alcenon lace) and even the ballgowns are light and airy instead of super heavy. No, You probably won't find a gown with a skirt reminiscent of the civil war, but the dresses are couture, bohemian, vintage, chic, and modern all at once.

Renata pulled like 10 gowns for me, which was fantastic. Renata pulled things within my budget and allowed me to try on many different styles just to see how they'd look on.

One gown she pulled was obviously a $4000 gown, but it was a new sample that had been marked down to $1000 because they had ordered too many samples. This ended up being the gown I chose.

During the whole time I didn't feel pressured or rushed at all, Renata was encouraging and helpful, and got their tailor to come discuss what would need to be done to the dress to make it fit.

The only thing that could have made the experience better would have been if they'd offered water - I didn't realize how thirsty I'd gotten until she was running my credit card for the deposit.

The entire time I was their the staff treated me with respect, and Renata focused on me and my needs continuously and really listened when I told her what was working and what wasn't.

This was a great experience and I recommend it to any bride in NYC or travelling to NYC. You'll need a real budget, but these are gowns worth the money.

Sent on 02/19/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2013

Renee was absolutely wonderful - she listened, understood right away what I wanted, and found me the perfect gown for less than half what my runner-up dress would have cost. Alterations were also less expensive than elsewhere, and were done quickly and with no fuss. All-around, a great experience.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Michelle · Married on 08/04/2012

I had a wonderful experience at Cymbeline. The dresses were beautiful and the service was wonderful! I am so glad that I found my dress at Cymbeline, as I look forward to going back for the fittings! Both Renata and Margaret were patient, helpful and extremely reassuring! I also had an opportunity to meet the seamstress in advance, and I feel extremely comfortable that she is going to do an amazing job for the fitting. Overall, it was my best experience trying on dresses in Manhattan!

Sent on 04/10/2012