42 Reviews for Lexi & Matt Photography

Digital Files (5)
Wedding Portraits (2)
Prints (2)
Additional Hours (1)

Lexi & Matt photographed our wedding on October 21st, 2017. To say the least, we are beyond thankful that we had the opportunity to have had them as our photographer! Both Lexi & Matt were very patient with us and our wedding party when getting pictures done and made us extremely comfortable during the entire process. During our reception, they blended right in with our guests, making everyone feel very comfortable having them there throughout the night and allowing for great candids! We are ecstatic about how beautiful our photos! Thank you Lexi & Matt for the perfect photos, you guys are certainly everything we could have hoped for and more!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits

We were married on October 7th of this year and Lexi and Matt were beyond amazing !

Profile Picture lauren, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lexi and Matt are simply amazing! They were reliable, personable, very creative and professional in every way! I would highly recommend them to anyone in the Northeastern area!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Had a great experience with Lexi and Matt at our wedding this August in Pemaquid Point Maine. With a wedding there are so many details to worry about but my photographer was never one of them. Lexi always emailed me right back and answered any questions I had. They went above a beyond and we could not be happier!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Wedding Portraits

Lexi was our number one vendor from the very beginning!! She's absolutely incredible to work with and we couldn't have asked for a more talented photography team to capture our day. Lexi was the first vendor we booked because photography was our top priority and Lexi and her husband Matt went completely above and beyond with all of their communications and what they provided for us. Our DJ and hair/makeup artist were chosen on Lexi's recommendation--she knows so many vendors in the business in Maine and she''ll be able to help with any questions you might have. They're so nice and accommodating and experienced and their work will truly capture every essence of your wedding day. I can't stop looking at our photos! We chose to do an engagement session with them and I would highly recommend that as it's an awesome way to get used to being in front of a camera and for Lexi and Matt to get to know you. Their use of color, their composition of shots and effortless style will most definitely bring your wedding day to life and we couldn't be happier with Lexi Lowell Photography and what they were able to do for us. Thank you, Matt and Lexi!!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/20/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot

We cannot thank Lexi and Matt enough for their part in making our special day perfect. We’ve looked through all of our pictures multiples times and have had a hard time choosing favorites because each one is truly a favorite. It was so fun to relive our day through their photos; I loved seeing our guests in the candid moments that Lexi and Matt were able to capture – their expressions are so true to who they are – what wonderful memories!
In addition to the beautiful quality of the photos, Lexi and Matt did an exceptional job keeping us calm and sticking to the timeline that we created together to allow the day to run smoothly. They coordinated with our vendors and went above and beyond to keep the day on track so we could just enjoy being with our guests. Our wedding party is still talking about what a great job they did keeping us comfortable in front of the camera – even my husband who doesn’t love having his picture taken :)
We highly recommend this husband and wife team!!

Profile Picture Chloe, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

From beginning to end, Lexi was nothing but kind, accommodating, and professional. We absolutely recommend that everyone and anyone use Lexi Lowell Photography for their event. She listened to our hopes and wishes for the day and absolutely delivered on everything we wanted. Lexi made suggestions for locations and timing, offered referrals for other vendors (salons, florists, etc.), and kept track of the photos we wanted so that we could just enjoy ourselves. Lexi and Matt were kind, calm, friendly, and focused- everything you want your photographer to be on your wedding day. When we received our photos, we could not have been happier. We had a wide range of breathtaking portraits and candids that we will continue to love for the rest of our lives. All around, Lexi went above and beyond in every aspect of our experience with her and I could not be more grateful or impressed.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images

Lexi and Matt did an amazing job photographing our wedding this past September. They made the day and the whole experience relaxed and easy and I am so thankful for the memories they captured. Starting with our engagement photos and leading up to our wedding day, Lexi and Matt did an outstanding job. We had check in calls, created a day-of timeline and made a list of "can't miss shots." On the day of, Lexi and Matt would gently remind me if I was missing any important photos, but were also always in the background capturing great candid and important moments. We got our USB back this past weekend and are in awe of every shot. I would highly recommend Lexi to any couple looking for an A+ wedding photographer. I'm so glad we chose them!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lexi and Matt were wonderful to work with! If you need a photographer for your wedding I highly recommend them. They did both our engagement session and the wedding and we are so happy they did. Having two shooters really does make a difference; they were able to get so many different angles. They were both very pleasant and professional and flexible when unplanned changes arose. They were also great with the my nieces and nephews during the family portraits. When we got the photos back they were gorgeous, and not heavily edited/white filtered. After the reception I remember thinking that we had turned the lights down too low and there was no way they could have gotten any shots of people dancing, but the dance floor shots were all fantastic! We are so happy that we invested in a talented photographer for our wedding.

Profile Picture Kymry, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From the first time we met Lexi and Matt via skype, we knew we had found our photographers! They were super fun and answered all our questions with ease. Lexi is prompt and very organized. In addition to excellent vendor recommendations, her organization materials helped us stay on top of things and were a huge help in our planning!

Fast forward to the day of the wedding, Lexi and Matt arrived with huge smiles on their faces and began setting up and capturing everything from little details, to big picture venue photos, and all the people & fun in between. Our pictures turned out AMAZING-- we knew Lexi and Matt were professionals and the pictures would turn out great, but we were blown away. When you get to start going through all the pictures in your online gallery and relive your day again (and often see new things...), it's a thrill! They did a fabulous job of capturing every moment without being IN every moment, they are true professionals.

To be honest, when we were in the early stages of planning, we thought we could go with a single shooter photographer, but we are SO glad we decided on two. Lexi and Matt work so well together to capture the dual angles and extra shots, so worth it! It is my absolute pleasure to recommend Lexi and Matt without hesitation and I guarantee during the whole process you'll be so thankful you chose to work with this organized and talented photographer couple!!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 9/4/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lexi and Matt are fantastic!! They did our engagement and wedding photos and everything turned out amazing. Having 2 shooters is absolutely the way to go and Lexi and Matt are the best!! Both shoots were outside on the ocean and these 2 definitely know how to make the most of lighting!! We are so thankful that we chose Lexi and Matt :)

Profile Picture User6184350, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Prints, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

We would 100% recommend Lexi and Matt! They are exceptionally professional, polite, caring, detail-oriented, understanding, accommodating, flexible, fun, skilled, creative, thorough, prepared, & SO organized. Lexi also responds to emails at lightning speed. They arrived on our wedding day with an event guide to ensure that all of the family formal combinations were captured. Lexi and Matt had also checked sunset times and previously traveled to our venue to check out the grounds. I have no idea how they manage to be so thorough for every client. It is truly amazing! It also really made a difference having two photographers - even though our group was small, we were pressed for time, so being able to split up for some of the formals really helped. They were also great with our young nephews - we have some fantastic photos with an 8 month & 3 year old! Lexi and Matt were able to adjust their package options to accommodate our very intimate affair of nine guests with a dinner post ceremony. Lexi responded thoughtfully and carefully to all of my questions and happily accommodated our special requests. They were also very respectful of taking ceremony photos inside the church - not once did I notice they were there, yet they still captured amazing shots of every aspect of the ceremony that we could have wanted. When I started to send out my initial emails to vendors inquiring about availability, Lexi was the only photographer to proactively highlight the fact that the timing of the ceremony and lighting for outdoor photos may not be optimal and gently suggested a slight change in ceremony time. That in itself illustrates so many of Lexi's amazing traits that I previously mentioned, especially that she truly cares, given that this initial email exchange occurred before we had even decided on a photographer. As for their work - our photos are gorgeous! We have a wonderful balance of formals and candids. Lexi and Matt outdid themselves!

Profile Picture User7277087, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When I got engaged, I knew that the most important thing to me would be the pictures. With that said, I did extensive research on photographers in the area. I put many hours into reading reviews, reviewing photos, and pricing. I decided to go with Lexi Lowell photography and it was the best choice I made. Matt and Lexi were professional, fun, creative, and extremely nice. I had a challenging list of wants and needs and they made it all happen, plus some. My photos are even better than I could have imagined. Matt and Lexi really know what the are doing. As a couple themselves, they understand how stressful and exciting a wedding is and they make sure to make you feel better when you think you're running out of time for specific photos. They will make it happen! I can't even say enough about them. They are the best photographers out there.

Profile Picture Erika, 8/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

A huge THANK YOU to Lexi and Matt for being with us for our wedding and taking incredible photos!!! They were so calm, grounding, and fun to be with! We really really appreciated the time and attention they took to listening to what we wanted and helping us achieve that (times a thousand). We're a bit wild ;) and they were totally game for some of our oddities like when we sprinted down the aisle and balanced on a dock over the lake. Plus, they went WAY beyond helping us with photos. We were planning our Maine wedding from New York so they sent us recommendations, links, referrals - they did anything they could do to make our planning and wedding day easier. I'm currently gushing over the gallery and am crying and laughing and crying and laughing reliving that day via the photos. They captured the essence of the events and our lovely family and friends. These are memories we'll cherish forever. Thanks Lexi + Matt!

Profile Picture Elyse, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We have nothing but wonderful things to say about Lexi and Matt. They were super helpful with planning the whole wedding and helping us to ensure to that it ran smoothly. We received many beautiful photos from the wedding, and they really captured every moment. They are also very nice and pleasant to work with on the big day! -Scot and Molly

Profile Picture Scot, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were beyond happy with Lexi Lowell Photography! Aside from providing us with amazingly beautiful photos, Lexi and Matt were incredibly professional, accommodating, and personable, from development of the contract, to phone calls, all the way to sending us our USB with our finished, beautiful wedding photos. We were so impressed with their creativity and expertise on getting specific shots, as well as their ability to let things flow naturally in order to get more organic shots. We have received tons of compliments on our photos already, and several of our guests commented on how kind, thorough, and dedicated they were to getting certain shots without being obnoxious or getting in the way. We feel very lucky to have chosen them and would recommend them again and again for engagement and wedding photography. Thank you both so much!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/14/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files

Lexi and Matt were everything we could have imagined for in photographers and more!
Lexi was incredibly prompt in responding to my initial inquiry and was a pleasure to work with. Lexi is very thorough and we went into our wedding day without a worry. Her overview information was very detailed and she still called to follow up after with questions I never would have considered.
We were in constant contact for months ahead of time ensuring what we wanted from them and laying out our timeline. Their experience with weddings was a relief and she put me at ease through the entire process.
They got incredible shots of all our friends and family and captured our day perfectly.
I couldn't believe how quickly we got our photos back! It was like reliving the moment again. We are still getting compliments on all of the photos and are eager to share Lexi's information with anyone looking to capture their perfect day!

Profile Picture Maria, 1/2/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lexi and Matt were awesome to work with. They were super professional and very flexible. The pictures they take are amazing! We would highly recommended them!

Profile Picture Kendall, 12/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lexi and her husband Matt were incredible to work with and we are so extremely happy that we chose them to be a part of our special day. They are the definition of above and beyond - every step of the way. Lexi was one of the first vendors I secured in my planning process. She was absolutely amazing with helping me lock up the rest of the list. I was struggling to find a DJ and she worked with her network of photographers to help me find someone who was available (on our high-demand August date) with a great reputation. She did just that. Next, she and Matt drove quite a ways to meet us for lunch so we all knew each other prior to the big day. We had a great lunch and left feeling so happy with our choice. We learned then that they are the nicest people and the cutest pair. On the actual day, they arrived on time as planned and got right to work covering the details. Lexi then stayed with the girls, while Matt went across town to cover the guys. We had so much fun with them and they had tons of great ideas. Lexi also carried a photo list to keep us on track and ensure that we got all of the pictures I had wanted (to copy from Pinterest). It can get extremely hectic, especially at the reception, so I appreciated her organization and how she sweetly nudged us to go get a particular photo – I would have completely forgotten them all. We were not the only ones impressed with Lexi and Matt. We couldn’t believe how many compliments we received from our friends and family who constantly told us how impressed they were with them. “Hard working,” “so nice,” “cute couple,” were a few of the repeat phrases. It was unanimous – Lexi and Matt were an excellent choice. We are extremely pleased with the level of service and professionalism and we adore the photos we’ve seen thus far! I absolutely recommend Lexi Lowell Photography and hope to work with them again in the near future!

Profile Picture Stacey, 8/29/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Digital Files

Lexi and Matt were amazing. We are so happy that we found them. Lexi made things easy, stress-free, and fun - she and Matt genuinely had a good time with us. They gave us helpful tips and came up with creative ideas, and they were consummate professionals. We LOVED working with them and can't recommend them any more strongly!

THANK YOU, LEXI!

Profile Picture Lulu, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was an absolute pleasure working with Lexi and Matt on our wedding day. As someone who tends to stress out over details, Lexi was very understanding and eased my (often unfounded) anxiety around how things would work. My emails were always returned very promptly and thoughtfully. We were having a small, outdoor, elopement-style ceremony in an area we were relatively unfamiliar with. We had initially chosen a location for the ceremony that would have been teeming with tourists, and could have made things a total mess. Without being pushy, Lexi gently made some alternative suggestions, leading us to a place that was gorgeous, uncrowded, and the absolutely perfect location for our intimate ceremony. Lexi and Matt somehow manage to seem so relaxed and low key, while at the same time having this intense focus on making sure each photograph is perfect. With the portraits, they would ask you to move a hand or a foot just the tiniest bit, and it would—like magic—make the whole picture better. They went to great lengths finding the right lighting and scouted the area ahead of time to ensure they would know where all the best spots were. In short: you should hire these guys; you will be glad you did!

Profile Picture User5586914, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Lexi and Matt were such an awesome team to work with and we are so glad we chose them to be a part of our big day. From the very beginning, they took the time to chat with us over the phone, and even drove to Portland to meet us 1/2 way between our homes to meet us personally and continue our discussions and get to know each other. It was extremely important to myself and my (now) husband to really feel comfortable with and get along with our photographers on our wedding day - after all not only are they there to capture the entire day, but they also are there to capture the most intimate moments of the biggest day of your life. Working with Lexi and Matt, we knew we were in good hands, and we all got along so well. It was just another added bonus that they are a husband/wife team..they work so well together, on the same page and bouncing ideas off one another. They also shot our engagement photos, and it was so nice to be able to work with them before our big day, it led to a lot of laughs and great photos. Lexi was always available to chat and kept the lines of communication open - which is helpful when you are planning a wedding from out of state. She made sure to touch base with us several times about the timeline of the day and specific shots we didn't want to miss. On the Big Day, they arrived on time, and scouted the location. Lexi stayed with the ladies while we finished getting ready and Matt joined the guys. it was so comforting to know that Lexi and Matt already knew us and our personalities, and they worked to really capture the essence of our day and us as a couple. Both of them were everywhere at once, and worked tirelessly to get the best shots and photos possible. From the teasers posted after the wedding, we knew our photos were going to come out great, and gosh, they were amazing! They were so full of life and color, and they really did capture the love, magic and fun of the day! Thank you so much Lexi and Matt, we will treasure these photos!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 8/15/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Lexi was absolutely amazing to work with! She was super responsive to all my ridiculous emails throughout the wedding planning process and even drove down to Portland just to have a get-to-know-you brunch with me and my fiancee (now husband). Her pre-wedding online survey was super helpful and really got us thinking about what kind of photos we wanted to have taken. The day of the wedding Lexi and Matt arrived promptly and well prepared for a long day of taking photos. They helped calm nerves, made us laugh, and were super friendly throughout the entire day. They were very efficient with taking formal and family photos, but made sure to spend some extra time on the photos of just me and my husband. ALL of the photos that Lexi and Matt took were PHENOMENAL. From the first look, to the bridal party formals, to our first dance, to an amazing dance party, everything they photographed was absolutely perfect. Thank you so much Lexi Lowell Photography for capturing all the special moments of our day :)

Profile Picture Gina, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When searching for our wedding photographer, it was an easy choice for me and my husband to go with Lexi and Matt. Not only was the quality of their photos outstanding, but they were always prompt when contacting them. Lexi and Matt pay very close attention to detail. With how particular I am, they kept me at ease throughout. From the beginning when we booked, to the day before the wedding, Matt and Lexi asked every question possible so they knew everything that we wanted for our special day—they are passionate, professional, and organized, just to name a few. My husband and I had many photo requests, and Lexi and Matt captured every moment that we wanted. Everything went so very smooth. After our wedding we got numerous comments from family and friends about how outstanding our photographers were, and we continue to get feedback! We would highly recommend Lexi Lowell Photography to everyone we know!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were pretty relaxed about the whole wedding planning thing, but we knew that we definitely wanted to take our time researching photographers, since having nice lifelong photographic memories was really important to both of us. We looked around online and compared a number of photographers, but we were both really impressed by Lexi's portfolio and package (specifically, receiving digital prints and having 2 photographers). We worried it was a bit of a stretch for Lexi to drive to Brownfield, ME for the ceremony, but she was enthusiastic to do both that as well as meet us in Acadia National Park the summer before for our engagement shoot.

Overall, not only were we incredibly impressed by the quality of her and Matt's work (our engagement and wedding photos are absolutely STUNNING), but we were also thrilled to spend time with both of them. Lexi and Matt are both so friendly and personable, and they completely put us at ease and made the whole getting-your-photos-taken thing not at all awkward. They have a great sense of humor, and immediately after meeting them we felt like we had been friends for a long time. We loved being able to spend our wedding day with them, and if we ever should need a photographer again (or need to recommend one to somebody), we will definitely be calling Lexi and Matt up!

Profile Picture Tari, 10/25/14, 2 Reviews