Let's Make A Memory Reviews

Let's Make A Memory 6
Let's Make A Memory 7
  • W

William · Married on 01/19/2013

Adrian was really good. He played a nice mix of songs that appealed to all our guests, and of course his sound system is awesome. The MC, Jeannie Wong (aka Wasabi), was great. She kept things moving and was a lot of fun; the guests definitely had a good time. Thanks Adrian and Wasabi!

Sent on 01/23/2013
  • W

Wing · Married on 01/28/2012

Adrian did a great job helping us keep to the schedule. We know that a wedding schedule is an oxymoron, but Adrian kept things lively and going. We were hoping to squeeze in 2 games for the guests, but we had only one "prize". But it worked out because the guests had a lot of fun. We had a selection of songs to play for specific parts of the reception and Adrian filled in the rest of the time with music appealed to the wide range of ages of our guests.

During the planning phase, Adrian showed us his set contract. However, he was willing to negotiate in order to accommodate our requests.

Overall, we had a great experience with Adrian.

Sent on 02/08/2012

Nancy · Married on 09/24/2011

I hired Adrian to DJ my wedding with Wasabi as my MC. They were both very responsive to emails and met with me to talk about what I wanted for the wedding. During the wedding they were professional, organized, and entertaining. Wasabi is lively, funny, and engaging. They fill up the party time with games and other entertainment for the guests.

What I will remember most about the duo is how they responded to my post-wedding concerns. I shared with them something that bothered me about how my wedding was MCed. Not only did Wasabi take responsibility for what could have been a miscommunication problem between us, she did everything possible to try to make things right. They showed that they absolutely care about their clients’ happiness and satisfaction, which is pretty rare these days. I can’t say enough about them both for their entertainment value at the event and for their character as people.

Sent on 09/27/2011

Linda · Married on 08/14/2011

Some guests who requested songs to be played were not attended or played right away.

Sent on 08/23/2011

Let's Make A Memory's reply:

Thank you so much for having us at your Silver Anniversary. As stated, it is quite accurate that we were not able to put through the songs at that specific moment, however, considering that your guests have different tastes in music, such as Hip-Hop, Line Dance, Boogie, Salsa, we have played the music in a matter of few songs after. Thank you for the comment that you have left for us. Rest assured that we can do a lot better next time.

Sincerely,
    Let's Make A Memory

Kira · Married on 06/02/2012

3.0

The overall rating for Let's Make a Memory would've been a perfect score.
    However, based on feedback from our guests and our day of wedding experience, we had to rate lower on the Quality of Service.

Our DJ, Adrian did a phenomenal job with the music and ensured we were happy with everything throughout the evening. The timing for the first half our our reception was done very well. The MC (Wasabi) did a great job and all the guests knew what was going on and was entertained.

Towards the second half of the evening, things lost control. At least it felt that way to my husband and I. We noticed the timeline was not followed - the centerpiece game was not played, my brother (who had spent a long time preparing his speech) was not given the opportunity to give it, and guests were not properly informed about taking home the wedding favors.

Our MC also left at some point in the evening and we had no idea what was happening after that since no announcements were clearly made.

The disorganized evening may have been a fault by our wedding planner or may have been mistakes with the MC on the timeline. But, the last 1.5 hours of our reception was a bit of a mess.

Though, all guests did have a great time, I think it should had stayed more organized. As the bride and groom, we followed what our vendors suggested us to do and followed the timeline. But, at some point in the evening, the timeline we had all agreed upon became obsolete.

But, overall, Adrian and his team did a great job. They were always very professional, fun to work with and our guests had a great time. At the end, that was what mattered.
    Lesson of the day - please make sure things are communicated clearly with everyone who will be working with you on your big day.

We highly recommend Let's Make A Memory for any special events!

Thank you guys!

**Thank you Adrian for helping filling-in the blanks for the evening. We really do appreciate all your efforts and we did love how Wasabi kept the night going and the crowd hyped up. It's a lesson learned for all of us and we really do appreciate your communications. Your services will still be highly recommended by us.

Sent on 06/05/2012

Let's Make A Memory's reply:

Thank you for taking time to write a review for us. We are absolutely happy that you have chosen us to be part of your wedding.
    I know that there might have some miscommunication in some parts of the timeline however, Wasabi consulted the wedding coordinator in all aspects of the program before execution.
    This is a lesson learned for everyone and it's something that we can improve on for the next event.
    Thank you once again.

4.2

Adrian is able to provide an energetic atmosphere with his DJ skills. The volume of the music may have been too loud for some guests at my wedding banquet. Overall, the playlist was played in a way which set a relaxing mood.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Jamie · Married on 07/14/2012

2.2
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0
      3.0

I hired Adrian and Wasabi for my American/Chinese wedding expecting great results especially from reading all the reviews. I wanted a DJ/MC that can speak English and Mandarin and decided to pay premium for their services since they assured me they will do an excellent job. That was not the case.

My complaints were not for Wasabi but for Adrian and his DJ team. Wasabi did a great job. She is well versed in both English and Mandarin. She kept the reception together and was attentive to the newlyweds and guests needs. The games we played kept the reception lively and fun.

Adrian and his DJ team on the other hand did not perform the most basic requirements necessary for a smooth ceremony and reception. The DJ missed the mark on the Bride's processional song. There was no music when the Bride started walking that the Groom had to give a look to the DJ and he just shrugged. Not only that, after the Bride and Groom were pronounced Mr. and Mrs., the DJ missed the cue again and there was no song. Only after about a minute of the Bride and Groom wondering where was the song, it started playing. I paid an extra for them to DJ at the ceremony and they messed up the most important parts. During the reception, I heard a couple songs on the playlist but many songs were random ones that Adrian played. The groom had to tell Adrian to pick it up because the songs were too lathargic for the reception. Only after, the songs started getting better. Then during the speech from my MOH, my MOH was extremely angry at Adrian for messing up her speech and playing the song at the wrong time. This interuppted her speech and messed up the timing.

I had a lot of complaints from guests and the wedding party that the DJ was not good. Adrian was the most diffcult vendor that I had to deal with. It was hard to work with him in the beginning and in the end, he did not deliver. I would not recommend Let's Make a Memory to anyone. If Wasabi MC'd separate from Adrian, I would consider Wasabi by herself. I definitely do not recommend Adrian and his DJ team, they were apathetic to the wedding itself and did not perform on so many levels. They are a lot more expensive than other DJ's and are not worth it. Save the hassle and look for someone else.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Let's Make A Memory's reply:

First of all, I'd like to extend my best wishes to you and to Michael.
    I'd like to address your concerns about our services which you have just recently reviewed.
    I have spoken to the DJ at your ceremony right after and he said that everything was perfect. I have worked with him for a period of time and I trust he will not fail you. He waits for the wedding coordinator's queue before playing the songs and I know for a fact that's what he did. Your entrance from ways up wasn't visible from his line of sight and the only way form him to play the song was through the queue from the coordinator. As for the recessional, I believe that there was no mistake on our part as again he got the queue from the coordinator. The coordinators from the Ambassador was impressed with our performance that she asked us for our contact information.
    The music from your dinner were the once on your requested list. I played those because those were specified on your list and albeit the numerous request from guests, I stuck with your list because that were your requested songs. We changed up the tempo of the music during dinner because the instructions came from you and Michael. As what we said in the meeting, we do what our clients requests and we adhere to our end of the deal.
    Moreover, the song from your MOH was not from my track. She was the one who played your slideshow, and the stopped then did her little speech and then she played the track from her laptop so I don't have anything to do with the timing of her song and I don't think that holding us responsible for that sounds fair.
    In terms of our pricing, we charged your fairly and in accordance to the market rate. You didn't pay premium price for the DJ at your ceremony because that is a separate service that you requested to have.
    We treat our customers with utmost respect and we have replied to your email in less than 24 hours and address any concerns so I am not sure on how we were the most difficult vendor you have dealt with. In total, we had exchanged 35 emails about changes in your timeline and you had requested changes even 2 days prior to your wedding date; to have certain timings to your songs done i.e. your father and daughter - mother and son dance and your first dance. We made it happen for you because we understand the importance of it.
    Lastly, I can show you photos of how many people were on the dance floor when we opened the dance floor and that shows that your guests enjoyed the various genres of music that we played. During the later part of the night, there were several guests that asked for our business cards and complimented about the music and the MC after your reception thus, it implies something positive.
    Once again, we'd like to extend our congratulations to you and Michael. We do appreciate your business.