Let's Get Married by Marie Reviews

Let's Get Married by Marie 6
Let's Get Married by Marie 7
  • Becky

Becky Morgan · Married on 06/05/2019

Marie is the best in the business, hands down!

We didn't know how much we needed Marie until we got her! From our initial interaction with her, we knew that she was our gal for the job. She was professional, fun, passionate and dedicated. She got to know us both personally and infused that knowledge into our ceremony. Our guests, and both of us were completely blown away by the ceremony. It turned out to be our favourite part of our day! Marie doesn't just show up for your ceremony, do her job and leaves. She tailors an experience for you. It's unlike anything I've ever seen before. We feel so lucky to have been able to book her for our wedding day!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Marina

Marina · Married on 05/11/2019

Better than I ever imagined!!

Hiring Marie was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding by far! I was initially concerned about hiring an officiant online, after all you're essentially hiring a stranger to play a crucial role in the most important day of your life! But all my doubts were quickly absolved when we had our first meeting with Marie! She's very personable and friendly, and is clearly very passionate about what she does. She always made sure we were feeling comfortable and understood, and asked all the right questions to really get to know us, our story, and what we wanted out of our ceremony. She talked to us together and individually, helped us write our vows, and put together a ceremony that was more perfect than we could've imagined! It was so "us", full of love and joy, there were good laughs and tearful moments too. We had kind of a specific request to do a wine sharing in honor of my late stepdad and Marie worked it into the ceremony so perfectly. We got so many compliments from guests about the ceremony and how it perfect it was for us! Even my hard-to-please traditionalist grandparents were impressed, lol! She was also very easy to communicate with throughout the planning process, she was by far one of the least stressful aspects of wedding planning. I would definitely recommend Marie to anyone looking for an officiant, she really exceeded my expectations and I'm so so so happy we chose her for our special day!

Sent on 07/11/2019
    Let's Get Married by Marie 8
    Let's Get Married by Marie 9

shaun · Married on 04/20/2019

Joy making stuff

There's nothing like a wedding to make you question who you are as a person and a couple. And after meeting with a few officiants who weren't quite "us," we went on a search for someone who could deliver the unstuffy, the untraditional, and the funny. And after seeing Marie in an Offbeat Bride article about a Star Wars wedding, we declared, 'I think we found her.' And after talking with her, we instantly knew. She got us. By the time we got to the wedding, it was like she knew us and it showed at the ceremony. She and her ceremony were warm, funny, and struck the perfect balance of heart-felt and light-hearted. Everyone laughed and everyone cried. I'm bias, but it was the best ceremony I've ever attended (and some of my guests whole-heartedly agree). I can't tell you how many of them raved about Marie (and are still).

Sent on 05/06/2019

Sarah · Married on 04/13/2019

The best ceremony, ever

Hiring Minister Marie was by far one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. The ceremony she delivered was outstanding and every single person we talked to in the frenzy after the ceremony was gushing about how excellent it was, asking how we found Marie, and then going up to meet her.

We booked Marie from across the country and she does an amazing job of getting to know you via video conferences and a questionnaire she has the groom and bride answer to build a personal ceremony. She is very willing to build the ceremony however you want, and to help with vows or anything else you may need. She is very organized and sticks to a schedule to guide you along to a finalized ceremony. Although we found ourselves checking in with other vendors, we never felt the need to do that with Marie!

We couldn’t have been happier with Minister Marie and highly recommend her if you want a truly personal and unique ceremony.

Sent on 04/20/2019

Jaclyn Del Greco · Married on 04/06/2019

The best person to marry us!

I was astonished to have found Marie. She made our wedding ceremony better than I ever imagined. Full of life, love, and so much joy. We were truly lucky for her to be apart of our day. She isn’t just a minister, she’s a truly special human being that makes your dreams a reality.

Sent on 04/29/2019
    Let's Get Married by Marie 10

Jennifer · Married on 03/17/2019

She is nothing short of amazing!

I can’t even begin to say enough about Marie! She was amazing, our guests actually had fun during the ceremony too! So fun, really asks the right questions to get to know each of you and custom create the ceremony of your dreams. I am beyond happy we found her and it feel like we have made a new friend 💕 Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! You created a ceremony we will always remember and our friends and family can’t stop talking about how fun and funny it was. They loved that it was a story of our love and that we chose to include them too.
    -JenEric ;)

Sent on 04/16/2019
    Let's Get Married by Marie 11
    Let's Get Married by Marie 12
    Let's Get Married by Marie 13

Rose Collins · Married on 02/16/2019

Amazing and perfectly “us”

When we first met with Minister Marie we didn’t know what we wanted other than not wanting a boring ceremony. She definitely delivered! She was able to personalize our ceremony so well we received so many compliments from our guests all night. I’m not sure anyone else could have worked a Chinese finger trap into the unity portion of the ceremony but she did! And it was awesome. So so so so happy. Don’t stress out anymore, book!!!

Sent on 02/18/2019
    Let's Get Married by Marie 14

Jemimah Brennan · Married on 02/04/2019

The perfect celebrant for an elopement in Joshua Tree NP

Even with an ocean between us throughout the planning process, we were made absolutely confident and comfortable through Marie's finely tuned processes that she would deliver a ceremony that perfectly reflected us and our needs. And she did. Thank you so much for ensuring our day was amazing Marie!

Photo credit: Jennandpawel.com

Sent on 04/19/2019
    Let's Get Married by Marie 15
  • Jason

Jason Cassidy · Married on 12/29/2018

She was absolutely wonderful

We met Marie thru my mother as she officiated another wedding and my mother loved her so we chose her to do ours. I am so glad that we did because she was the best. Me as well as my wife were obviously nervous like most people walking into her office and before we even sat down she was so outgoing and hilarious and we warmed up instantly. She was so helpful and eliminated most of the stress of our wedding day because she is so organized with everything. Everyone at the wedding loved her because she knows how to make your special day so Amazing! I would highly recommend making her your officiant. You will not be let down. Thank you so much Marie for making our day so heartfelt and special

Sent on 01/26/2019

Anthony · Married on 09/19/2018

When i get married again, i will definitely use Marie for the ceremony.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

Anthony, you don't say much but when you do, you mean it and I appreciate that about you. I give it a year. ;)
  • Randi

Randi · Married on 06/23/2018

Marie is awesome! I hate going to weddings and it is obvious it is a generic script and the couples names were inserted. We knew we wanted a ceremony that reflected our personalities and who we are as a couple. We are so lucky we came across Marie. At our initial consultation we chatted about random topics, laughed a lot and learned a little bit about Marie as a person. I knew she would be able to give us the ceremony we wanted. We met a second time for a planning session which was great because she gave us so many cool options and ideas. The day of the wedding she was there extra early and checked in on both of us before the wedding started. The ceremony was perfect and definitely us! She made everyone laugh which was important to us but also highlighted our love story. Several people commented how great Marie was and I definitely agree. You will be in amazing hands if you book with her. Thank you Marie for giving us a ceremony which was even better than we expected!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience, Randi! I loved celebrating your marriage to Erik and I can't thank you enough for your generosity of spirit. I'm so grateful you brought me into your lives for this fun, beautiful moment. Keep in touch and take excellent care of each other!

AmariZ · Married on 04/07/2018

She is incredible!! Made our ceremony so special and moving. Had everyone crying! Of any of you are looking she is the one!!

Sent on 04/23/2018
    Let's Get Married by Marie 16
    Let's Get Married by Marie 17

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

Aw, muchas gracias, Amariz! I absolutely adore you and Rolando. Thank you so much for rave review and, more importantly, for being such a joy to celebrate!

Nikki · Married on 03/30/2018

Marie is the best! Truly personalized ceremony because she got to know US. Speedy responses to our questions and gave awesome advice. Definitely an asset!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

Thank you, Nikki! I'm so glad I could really make your wedding ceremony about you and Patrick. I had a blast with you both!

Angelic · Married on 03/24/2018

Weddings are this super dynamic explosion of love all smashed together in a singular day and the pressure to get the day just as you want it can be overwhelming. From colors to food and seating capacities it’s a lot more complicated than one can imagine. When you stop to reflect on what you want that day truly to represent, what is most important. It comes back to ceremony. Otherwise it’s no different than any other grand party. For my now wife and I, it was this that in which we kept circling back to and at the center of this ceremony was our minister. Minister Marie Burns Holzer, Minister Marie. From the start this was who we knew we wanted to set the tone for our event. I never considered the duties of a minister before I needed one. Minister Marie provides more than the writing of the ceremony, she truly got to know us. I still have no idea how she manages this with multiple clients, but she does. She wrote the most beautiful sincere and authentic ceremony for us. So specific and unique that our guests truly loved it. It really goes beyond that. A touchstone on the day of the wedding was what we needed. I remember at a moment even going in circles with the venue coordinator on where to put our “in memory of” pictures and candle. I was really beside myself on the directions and she calmly stepped in and settled it. We lit sage, she mentioned Frida and told our love story to our family and friends in a way that highlighted our love, the genuine sweetness and the most valuable display of ritual. Our search for a minister led us to Minister Marie because we not only needed someone open to a same-sex wedding but someone who celebrated, nurtured and wholeheartedly embodied all love. I can’t ever express how important and amazing our ceremony was and how grateful we are that we were able to have Minister Marie as a part of our story.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

I'm not crying, you're crying! I'm beyond honored you took the time to share your experience with everyone. More than that, I'm so blessed that we met and I had the pleasure of celebrating you and Alyssa. You two radiate joy and I loved being able to share your love and light with your familias and friends. Congrats again and take excellent care of each other!

Laura · Married on 10/27/2017

Marie is one of the sweetest people I have met and I am so glad I chose her to officiate my wedding! She truly cares about learning your love story and portraying it throughout the ceremony. Not only does she do an amazing job at your ceremony, but she helps you even after your'e married! She tells you what you have to do to get your marriage license and helps you change your name! Thank you so much Marie for everything you have done!

Sent on 12/03/2017

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

Thank you, Laura! You're so sweet. It's always such a compliment when a wedding coordinator chooses me to officiate their wedding! I wish you both all the best and take excellent care of each other.

S · Married on 10/07/2017

So happy we went with Minister Marie as our wedding officiant! Our vows were fantastic; after a virtual meeting and a thorough questionnaire, she got them started for us and we worked on a couple revisions together. They ended up being absolutely perfect for us! Her presence was just what we wanted from our officiant-- grounded and calm, while also jovial and warm! She set a great tone for our ceremony. She was professional, promptly answered all of our questions, and guided us through the marriage license/certificate process. 5 stars for sure! :)

Sent on 11/18/2017

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

You and K were such a pleasure to celebrate. Thank you so much for your amazing review and for inviting me into your lives for this lovely moment!

Samantha · Married on 07/28/2017

This women is amazing. She made our day so special!. She customized our whole ceremony to the exact way we wanted it, when we did not even know what that was. She is fun and professional. Wish I could get married again so we could relive that fun, beautiful wedding ceremony all over again.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

Thank you, Samantha and Corey! I had so much fun with you two. Here's to many more Redwoods trips!

Ken · Married on 06/22/2017

Working with Minister Marie was exceptional. Despite last-minute complications on our part, she handled everything with cool and collected professionalism. She went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was perfect. 10/10 would be wed by her again!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

Thank you, Ken!! As I told Elizabeth, I do my best to roll with the punches. I'm so glad we could make your day as sweet and wonderful as you two!

Jaclyn · Married on 05/21/2017

We meet Minister Marie through the venue, but shouldn't have picked anyone better ourselves. She took the time to actually get to know us through a skype interview and also through a fun online questionnaire that we really enjoyed filling out. It truly made it feel like someone was marrying us that knew us and cared about us.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

I'm so glad you and Jonathan feel that way because I do care! I wish you both all the best and thank you for such a sweet review.

Jordon · Married on 05/19/2017

Minister Marie is awesome! I am not sure exactly how she does what she does but she is really good at it haha. For our wedding she did an incredible job and absolutely nailed the messages and meaning we wanted in our ceremony. Funny thing is she knew what we were looking for without us really knowing haha. We only spoke a few times via skype and with the questionnaire she was able to fully understand the direction we were wanting to go; it was perfect. Thank you Marie!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

It was my pleasure, Jordon! Your enthusiasm was infectious and it was an absolute joy to celebrate you two. Thank you so much for sharing!!
  • Mrs.Whooooo

Cayla · Married on 05/19/2017

Minister Marie is the best! She made our ceremony so personal and unique. She was super helpful during the process and really gets to know you as a couple. She made the whole process easier and I'd highly recommend her to anyone needing an officiant!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

Thank you so much, Cayla! You two were so fun. Please keep in touch and thank you for this sweet review!

Michael · Married on 05/13/2017

Marie was the perfect answer to what we were looking for. Recommended by our photographer (Christina Sanchez - you should book her too) as someone who would fit our needs. She made the ceremony about us, took into considerations our needs and desires and came through fantastically to keep us comforted, while keeping it extremely intimate for us both, in front of our families and friends.

Sent on 06/03/2017

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

One, Christina is awesome. And two, I loved celebrating you and Catherine! Thank you for this fantastic review, it means so much to me. You are so sweet together and I wish you every happiness!

Laura · Married on 04/27/2017

Minister Marie was very helpful. She guided us along the process the whole way, from application through planning our vows. She's very friendly and professional. I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 05/01/2017

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

Thank you, Laura! I appreciate you taking the time to write a glowing review.

Valérir · Married on 04/26/2017

In one word: perfect! Two words? perfect and FUN!
    When I found Minister Marie's website, it was definitely love at first click. I just had a great feeling that she would make us feel comfortable on our big day (I was right, of course!). In addition to writing a wonderful personalized ceremony that represented us beautifully, the planning phase was just a delight and completely stress free. Any question I could have had was answered before I even asked it! Her love for her job really shines through and she was just great to be around.
    Keri was absolutely wonderful! Funny, talented, enthusiastic and super passionate about her craft. She made us feel like movie stars and super at ease in front of the camera. She had great ideas for poses and was taking her time to make sure she got the right shot. Warning: she does make the cutest sounds when she is excited about a particular shot. This is what makes her particularly awesome.
    I am forever grateful to them for making our wedding day exactly as I imagined. They were just the absolute best. THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Let's Get Married by Marie's reply:

Merci beaucoup, Valerie!! You and Mike are so down to earth and fun. We loved celebrating your marriage and thank you so much for this rave review!