Let Them Eat Cake Reviews

Let Them Eat Cake 5
Let Them Eat Cake 6
Let Them Eat Cake 7

Brooke · Married on 08/01/2014

All I can say is our cake was incredible on every level... it was beautiful AND delicious and came exactly as we'd asked!! Gail was a complete pleasure to deal with and was very quick to respond to any query we had.
    folk are still talking about how amazing our cake was and how they want a 'Naked Cake" for their next party!
    I highly recommend them any day of the week for any reason!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Laurie · Married on 07/27/2014

Just celebrated my daughter's wedding, and the cake from Let Them Eat Cake was unquestionably the most delicious and beautiful wedding cake I have ever seen or eaten! The wedding had a seashore theme, and Gayle's designs were so clever and creative. The options for edible shells, nautical rope, and matching colors were endless. The bride and groom chose chocolate cake with a buttercream frosting- it was moist, dense and fabulous! The guests raved- Can't recommend Let Them Eat Cake highly enough.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Bethany · Married on 07/12/2014

Our experience with Gayle from Let Them Eat Cake was professional and fun from start to finish. I ordered a Groom's Cake to surprise my husband on our wedding day because he had just been promoted to Major in the Army, he absolutely loves Florida State Football and lifting weights. Our main cake was stacked barbells with an army hat, football and tickets to accessorize.
    This was our only cake and it came out just awesome! Gayle promptly sent me a sketch and flavor samples when I first inquired. Choosing flavors was incredibly difficult because her cake and frosting is soooo yummy. I had never wanted fondant but she assured me that her fondant was sugary and good, she was right. Not only did we eat cake on our wedding day, we kept the leftovers with us, in the fridge at our B&B. I couldn't get enough of it and wish we had more occasions to order cakes from her. Simply wonderful work with and absolutely delicious!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Meghan · Married on 07/11/2014

Let Them Eat Cake provided cupcakes as well as a cake for me and my groom to cut on our wedding day. From the beginning Gayle helped me to choose the perfect combination of flavors and toppings to fit with my Maine wedding. She was so organized from the beginning and had a clear schedule of when I would need my final choices and numbers. It was so reassuring working with someone so organized, knowledgeable and talented. Especially when you are planning a wedding and have so much going on. I loved our cupcakes send so did our guests! They were not only beautiful but also delicious. I also loved my red velvet cutting cake and fell in love with our adorable lobster toppers! If you want a spectacular looking and tasting cake and\or cupcake spread for your wedding, Let Them Eat Cake is an exceptional choice.

Sent on 07/24/2014

Victoria · Married on 07/05/2014

Absolutely delicious and the design was just what my daughter wanted. This is the second wedding Gayle has done for us. You can not go wrong with her. She is amazing and easy to work with. The BEST of the BEST!!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Angela · Married on 06/28/2014

Gayle was so easy to work with and designed an amazing cake that incorporated everything we wanted. It came out awesome and was better than we imagined! It was also absolutely delicious!!

Sent on 06/30/2014

Kelley · Married on 06/14/2014

Loved working with Gayle! Loved the cake even more :)
    I would use her again if needed

Sent on 06/16/2014

Gayle did an amazing job with the cake for our wedding!!! She was very friendly and easy to communicate with. She helped to design exactly the cake we had in mind. Her cake samples all taste amazing!!! We absolutely loved our cake and so did our guests!!!!! I HIGHLY recommend Let Them Eat Cake!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/20/2014
  • User4203914 · 2+ years ago

I recently hired Let Them Eat Cake for my June wedding in Maine and it was an excellent choice! Gayle was great to work with and made being out of state really easy. She sent cake samples to our home which was so awesome and convenient and was super helpful during our phone consultation. The cake was absolutely beautiful and perfect for us. Plus it tasted great! All of our guests loved it. I would highly recommend Let Them Eat Cake!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Kimberly · Married on 06/06/2014

Gayle is fantastic at what she does ! She makes you feel comfortable and no sale pressure. She has a way with her customers, makes you feel at ease. We got a cake with two lobsters holding hands sitting on Adirondack chairs. The groom had a cap that and bride had veil and long eyelashes. PERCECT !!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Somehow Gayle managed to combine our very different design ideas into one beautiful cake. People are still talking about how delicious the cake was!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Gayle was a pleasure to work with and is very good at her job. The cake we designed together was beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/17/2014

Despite having never seen or met Gayle, she was able to create the perfect wedding cake. She sends you cake to taste- all were amazing. We ended up going with an almond cake- which was delicious. Our guests loved it.
    We discussed style over the phone and using her websites and some of my inspirations, she brought my ideas to fruition. She quickly responded to emails.
    The cakes are pricy, but it was a great deal for us because of the package through our venue. Overall, Gayle was easy to work with and created a beautiful wedding cake for us.

Sent on 05/27/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2014

Let Them Eat Cake created an absolutely beautiful cake for our outdoor Maine wedding. Gayle Forte is beyond professional. We had a fairly large outdoor wedding (100+ people) and we didn't have a wedding planner. We did everything ourselves with a lot of help from friends. Working with Gayle was a true pleasure. She guided us through a detailed process with patience, experience, and ease. Gayle really knows her stuff! She was willing to work from images of cakes that we had collected, and she gave her opinion at the perfect times. She also showed us many examples of previous cakes on her website. From there, together, we designed a truly gorgeous 3-tiered cake. It was perfect. And the samples she sent us by mail for the "tasting" were really fun! I would absolutely recommend anyone to work with Gayle. She clearly can make anything happen--she doesn't just make one kind of cake...Just take a look at the website. And, we found her prices to be extremely affordable. If we have any more Maine events/parties, we will definitely be calling Gayle. Thank you Let Them Eat Cake!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Absolutely exquisite cake! Delish! We chose to do two flavored and it was no big deal. Very professional....just lovely!

Sent on 05/11/2014

Gayle did a wonderful job! She was extremely accommodating to an out of state client doing thinks like email or phone consultations and being able to package and send cake samples. She thought of things I wouldn't even have thought about for my cupcakes. The cupcakes were beautiful and delicious! The decorations on them matched the colors and rustic theme of my wedding. She was right on time delivering them and even left take-home boxes for any leftovers. Gayle was so friendly and helpful as well as making some of the most delicious cupcakes my husband and I ever had!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Best wedding cake ever. Gayle was fantastic in helping us choose our wedding cake from afar (via a phone brainstorming session and delicious mailed samples). She executed our vision perfectly, and the cake was SO GOOD! Sometimes it's worth paying a little extra for peace of mind.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Gayle Forte at Let Them Eat Cake was fantastic. She sifted through pictures of wedding cakes we liked online, sketched a design that combined the best elements of all the pictures, and delivered a cake that was absolutely stunning. And, not only was our wedding cake beautiful to look at, but it was absolutely delicious.

Gayle was also easy to work with, as she is both professional and friendly.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Annie · Married on 09/21/2013

Let Them Eat Cake is amazing! I highly recommend anyone who needs a cake, for any occasion, in Southern Maine, or anywhere for that matter, uses Let Them Eat Cake. Not only was Gayle, the owner, extremely easy to work with, organized, and professional, but the cake was OUTSTANDING. And I am not even a sweets, cake, candy person. We had numerous complements on our wedding cake, people were raving about how good it was and saying that wedding cake is typically not that great, but that they loved ours! And on top of all that, it is very reasonably priced!! Again, Let Them Eat Cake is amazing!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/15/2013

Gayle was SO helpful; creating our cake was one of the easiest parts of our wedding planning process. She gave us a clear timeline, we spoke over the phone several times, and we loved her cake design website. We ended up with a spice cake with buttercream frosting, because we wanted something more fun than simple vanilla, but something safe enough we knew guests would love. Well, the day of the wedding, how much our guests liked our cake was not the first thing on our minds. We were so thrilled then, when everyone we spoke to immediately started raving about how much they loved the cake! The cake was delivered on time without a problem, was absolutely beautiful, and delicious!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Sara · Married on 09/13/2013

I LOVE Gayle! She was so great right from the start...we had a couple of conversations via email and phone she was great with responding always. And she sends cake samples in the mail! How cool is that! She designed my cake exactly how I imagine it....actually it looked even better than I thought it would! It was gorgeous! And usually with cakes like that, they always look better than they taste but oh my goodness this is the best cake I have ever had, and I am usually pretty picky. It was absolutely delicious. In fact, the night after the wedding (we got married at the Nonantum and stayed the weekend with our family and friends) we took the top tier out which were saving for our anniversary...and we all ate it! We will just have to order another cake next year to celebrate!

Sent on 10/07/2013
  • Dan

Dan · Married on 09/07/2013

THE BEST WEDDING CAKE I'VE EVER HAD! Gayle was unreal! She created our vision from just a phone conversation. Everyone at our reception raved about the cake. The look, presentation, and the taste!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Kristen · Married on 09/07/2013

Gayle with Let Them Eat Cake did an amazing job on our wedding cake for our wedding celebration in Cape Neddick, Maine on September 7, 2013. We had a seaside wedding and Gayle's design fit right into our theme and décor. We had several guests say it was the "most beautiful wedding cake they had ever seen" and also "the most delicious wedding cake they had ever tasted." And it was! We chose the raspberry chamborg torte with buttercream frosting. It was light, perfectly sweet, and delicious.

Working with Gayle was also easy and fun. She made herself available to review and talk through the design together and our cake came out exactly as we had expected.

I highly recommend working with Gayle - there's a reason why she's been baking cakes and succeeding in this business for more than 20 years!

- Kristen & Andy

Sent on 11/23/2013

Lindsay · Married on 08/18/2013

Gayle was extremely easy to work with and very helpful! She talked us through everything and was open to any ideas or changes we had. The morning of our wedding, everything was perfectly set up and ready to go! The cupcakes came out beautifully and our guests loved them!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 08/09/2013

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and I received numerous compliments from guests and friends alike. Not only was the cake exactly what I had envisioned, it was truly delicious! Again, I received many compliments. It was a pleasure to work with Gayle. She made the long distance coordination very simple. I found her to be very intuitive and able to interpret my needs perfectly. A job very well done!

Sent on 09/15/2013