Let Them Eat Cake Reviews

Let Them Eat Cake 5
Let Them Eat Cake 6
Let Them Eat Cake 7

judy · Married on 06/27/2015

As someone who does not LOVE wedding cake as a rule, I can say that Gayle's cakes will make you a believer. Not only was the wedding cake she did for my daughter's wedding OVER THE TOP delicious, but it was beautiful in a not over the top way. We used my parents' 72 year old bride and groom cake topper so it was important for the cake to look like the topper belonged with it. Gayle worked with us to create a simple but elegant design. She made it extraordinarily easy to work with her from afar, and every step of the process was seamless, from the perfect sampler she sent so we could select flavors, to the finished product. WELL WORTH EVERY CENT.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Jillian · Married on 06/20/2015

Let Them Eat Cake was phenomenal. Our cake was nautical/rustic with a touch of glam. The cake was simply elegant and tasted delicious. Our guests raved about how good it was. Gayle knew exactly what we wanted and worked with us to design the perfect cake that fit our style and wedding that was personal to us.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/20/2015

The cake was absolutely beautiful. Working with Gayle was a great experience. She listened to your ideas to draw up the perfect cake for your own style. I would recommend this bakery to anyone that would like their personality shine through

Sent on 08/04/2015

We had a fabulous experience working with Gayle at Let Them Eat Cake on our wedding cake. From our first consultation she completely understood our vision and easily accommodated any challenges we presented. She was wonderful to work with and we couldn't have been happier with the final product - the cake was gorgeous and tasted even better than it looked:)
    One of our favorite parts about working with her, is how easy she made the experience for a destination bride. Planning a Maine wedding from Texas, we didn't think cake testing would be possible for us, but Gayle happily mailed us delicious samples for us to try. Looking forward to working with Gayle again in the future!

Sent on 08/20/2015
  • F

Fran · Married on 05/30/2015

Gayle Forte is so very talented in her design, but the TASTE is exquisite!! There is simply no one out there that could possibly to a better job!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/30/2015

Gayle did an amazing job of designing my cake exactly the way I pictured it! I was a little weary on the idea of doing a phone order at first, but the cake turned out even better than I thought!! The flavor we chose was perfect and we got so many compliments on the design and taste of the cake! This company is highly recommended by us!

Sent on 06/08/2015
  • User4197722 · 2+ years ago

We loved our cake! Gayle was so easy to work with. We chose a lemon cake with cream cheese frosting and blueberries for decor. It was beautiful and exactly how I pictured it. The guests at our wedding still rave that it was the best cake they ever tasted. We can't wait to dive into the top tier again for our anniversary!

Sent on 07/03/2015

Caroline · Married on 05/22/2015

Our wedding cake was breath taking! Gayle did such a beautiful job! She was very attentive to detail; the fondant seashells streaming down around the cake and on the table, looked so real and elegant! We had a chocolate cake with buttercream frosting and it was absolutely delicious! I would highly recommend Let Them Eat Cake to everyone! Our cake was everything we were looking for and more! We had bride and groom clams as our topper, which she made specially for us and they were such a conversation piece at our reception (the eye colors on the clams matched ours... so unique and personal!).

Sent on 07/03/2015
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/26/2015

When I first started planning my wedding, I, like many brides, was completely overwhelmed with the amount of phone calls and emails and communication that went into planning an event of that magnitude. Gayle made the wedding cake the easiest part to plan. We had one short phone call to put everything in motion (although she will give you all the time you need, of course!) and the rest was done by email. I didn't know how to explain exactly what I wanted, but It was like Gayle knew exactly what was in my brain and made it a reality. We loved our wedding cake so much and we received many compliments from our guests on both how beautiful and delicious it was! I plan to order that exact flavor (strawberry grand marnier torte filling with vanilla cake and buttercream icing) the next time I plan an event so I don't have to go my entire life without ever tasting it again! It was truly a pleasure working with her.

Sent on 01/22/2017

One of the most beautiful wedding cakes I have ever seen. It made a most spectacular focal point at our venue.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Gayle created a gorgeous anniversary cake and 100 cupcakes for my October wedding. They were just as beautiful in person as all the wonderful cakes and cupcakes on her website. Best of all, my guests raved about how delicious they were!

The process was great from the beginning. Gayle sent us samples of filled cake with frosting- a little box of 13. We loved being able to taste them in our own kitchen after supper, so even our son could partake. There were so many different and unique varieties, that it was hard to settle on three. One thing that I love about her cakes is that they're not too sweet, like a lot of other wedding cakes I've had.

It was so much fun sharing ideas with Gayle to design my cupcake collection and cake. She took all of my ideas and ran with them or made suggestions. The end result was perfect!

(Oh and even the marzipan pumpkins on the cupcakes were surprisingly delicious!)

Sent on 10/27/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/18/2014

Gayle from "Let them Eat Cake" was such a pleasure to work with for my wedding, and I would recommend her highly to anyone in need of a cake for any occasion! She brought my vision of a Maine themed wedding cake and cupcakes to life. It turned out even better than I imagined! She made the process completely stress free and produced a great product! My guests are still raving about how delicious the white almond and chocolate cupcakes were! Thank you Gayle for being part of my special day!

Sent on 10/28/2014
  • Tyler

Tyler · Married on 10/04/2014

Gayle was an absolute pleasure to work with. Not having been in the area where our wedding was taking place, she was very accommodating and put us at such ease when it came to working with a vendor out of state. The samples she sent us were amazing. So many great flavors to choose from. We tried both cake and cupcake samples. We chose to forego the wedding cake and did cupcakes only. We desired a nautical theme and Gayle had some great designs that worked perfectly with our vision. We chose almond on along and peach on vanilla. We also requested a stand for display and had thee cupcakes delivered and set up through Let Them Eat Cake. It was the perfect way to go and took off all the stress of worrying about these piece of our day. The display came out absolutely amazing complete with some personal to go boxes we had incorporated for our guests. Our guests raved about the flavors and display and there wasn't one left over at the end of the night. It was a small piece of our night that made such an impact. We couldn't have been happier with our choice and all their hard work. Thank you! Tyler and Brian Griffin

Sent on 03/16/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/27/2014

Gayle does georgous work! She made a sea themed cake for our wedding and it was outstanding. The shells looked so real some guests were afraid to eat them! She was great during the planning and design process and returned emails promptly. The cake tasted amazing, it was perfect for our ocean wedding!

Sent on 10/02/2014

Kate · event on 09/26/2014

The cakes were fabulous. The flavor was amazing and the decorating beautiful. Gayle provided excellent and friendly service making exactly what we desired. We received many compliments on the cakes and requests as to who made them. We would highly recommend Let Them Eat Cake to anyone looking for the best quality and great service.

Sent on 09/29/2014

Gayle was awesome! She made everything about the process so easy, we were able to do phone consults, use her design website and she even sent the samples to our house! The pricing was very reasonable and she did a great job of making our vision for our cake come to life. And, of course the cake was delicious! I had lots of people telling me how good it was, thank you!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Katie · Married on 09/07/2014

Gayle from "Let them Eat Cake" was extremely helpful during the planning process. I had an idea of what I wanted for my wedding cake and she gave me suggestions without telling me what to choose. Her simple yet elegant creation was exactly what I had envisioned. I definitely recommend Maine blueberry torte flavor!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Barbara · Married on 09/06/2014

Gayle provided us with a beautiful cake - just the way we had asked. Not only was it beautiful but delicious!!! A lot of our guests asked for a 2nd slice. Doreen & I took the top portion back to our room & was thrilled to be sitting there at night enjoying it all once again!! We highly reccommend Gayle for your special event - you will not be disappointed. Sincerely Doreen & Barbara

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 09/06/2014

Gayle Forte is probably the most professional and detail oriented person I dealt with in regards to planning my wedding, which was on 9/6/14. Very stress free process. She helped me from start to finish, with pricing, and emailed a sketch of the cake. Samples were sent in the mail which was appreciated since we lived in MA. It was fun to sample each one in our own home. The cake was absolutely beautiful and unique. Best of all it was absolutely mouthwatering ! Thank you so much Gayle! I would recommend you without hesitation to anyone. Stacey S

Sent on 11/02/2014

Shamma · Married on 08/31/2014

Gayle is an amazing baker. I sent her a picture of the cake i wanted, not only she made the most perfect cake, it tasted delicious. She made sure to mail me the samples all the way to Alaska from Maine. She is amazing!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Dani · Married on 08/30/2014

I absolutely loved working with Gayle at Let Them Eat Cake! I was an out of state bride which she has plenty of experience with. I was even able to receive samples which I wasn't sure was possible. By the way they were all delicious as well! We ended up keeping it really simple with chocolate cake and vanilla buttercream. After we picked the cake and buttercream flavors, we set up a phone meeting to talk about design. After the design was set up, she sent a sketch of the cake which was exactly what I was thinking. She was so easy to work with and you could tell that she's worked with out of state brides many times before. Gayle was by far the easiest vendor we had to work with and everything was phenomenal both in taste and design! She even called my florist (which happened to be my future father in law) to arrange for the fresh flowers that were going to be on the cake. She really made everything so easy. I cannot recommend Gayle and Let Them Eat Cake enough! It was a great experience!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Amy · Married on 08/19/2014

My husband and I recently traveled to York, Maine with our closest friends and family to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary, and the birth of our son, with a vow renewal ceremony and reception. We booked our cake with Gayle and cannot say enough about how wonderful she was to work with!!! She worked to make our event (which we entirely planned from a distance) very special and exactly what we hoped it would be! She shipped us cake samples (YUM!), sent us a link to help us design our cake, did a phone consultation and sent us a sketch of the cake design, and made the most beautiful cake I have ever seen!!! The cake was outstanding, and all of our guests were blown away!!! We would highly recommend this vendor.

Sent on 08/30/2014

Working with Gayle was a wonderful experience!! She brought to life my dream wedding cake! She delivered it to the venue, we had no worries working with her!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Kimberly · Married on 08/08/2014

Totally amazing wedding cake! It was so beautiful and the most delicious cake I have ever had. In selecting this vendor your biggest dilemma will be deciding on the flavors as they are all phenomenal.

Sent on 02/19/2015

Rachel · Married on 08/02/2014

Our wedding ceremony was overlooking the ocean and beach so we wanted to stick with a beach theme for our cake. The venue had recommended "Let Them Eat Cake" and we are so glad we took their advice. Let Them Eat Cake has the best website and had so many choices that fit our beach theme. Our cake looked fantastic and our guests raved about it. The details were amazing and of course the cake tasted delicious as well! We would highly recommend this vendor for any special occasion cake. It helped make the day so memorable!

Sent on 08/30/2014