Let Them Eat Cake Reviews

Let Them Eat Cake 5
Let Them Eat Cake 6
Let Them Eat Cake 7

Ebony · Married on 07/10/2016

Gayle, was so awesome. She makes sure you get everything that you want.
    I have 3 different cakes for the wedding and they were everything I asked for and more. They all tasted great! My guest raved about them. People are still telling me how awesome they were.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Margaret · Married on 07/02/2016

Let them eat cake makes the most amazing cakes. She takes your vision and turns it into reality. This cake was a bridal cake and groom's cake combined and she took the vision and just made it amazing. Having Gayle from let them eat cake make your cake will turn your wedding into a wonderful event you won't forget.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Tracy · Married on 06/25/2016

The cake we had from Gayle at Let Them Eat Cake was AMAZNG!!!!! It was absolutely stunning, the entire wedding was blown away at how wonderful it was! This made our day even better!
    The cake was exactly what we had envisioned.!!!!!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Hilary · Married on 06/25/2016

Gayle did a wonderful job. Our cake was beautiful, elegant and delicious! We highly recommend her. She was so professional and worked well with our caterer to get the cake delivered and rental company to ensure the cake would fit perfectly on the stand. Thank you!!

Sent on 08/26/2016

LTEC made our wedding cake and Gayle did a beautiful job! First, the cake was DELICIOUS, which was shocking because they are often not the best tasting cakes. I showed Gayle a design in which fondant was used, but she made it happen with buttercream frosting and it was stunning! I would definitely recommend working with Gayle!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/19/2016

I highly recommend Gayle Forte from "Let Them Eat Cake" . My sister and I had a double wedding and she made individual cakes for us that were perfectly designed and delicious! The guests feedback was so positive! We saved the top of the cake to eat on our first anniversary and hope it lasts until then because it was so good, we are tempted every day to eat it!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Meredith · Married on 06/18/2016

We heard that Gayle was the best and oh yes she is. It's as simple as this - a gorgeous cake that is also delicious! Many wedding cakes cannot boast this accomplishment. Gayle is thorough and detail orientated. She wants to make sure she understands and delivers your vision exactly. Her mail order cake tasting is perfect for the busy couple. After trying 13 flavors it was almost impossible to decide!! Our simple white textured cake with red velvet cake and cream cheese frosting was a hit with the guests. All but the top tier for our anniversary was served - no leftovers! One guest said she had a dream about our wedding cake - that's how good it was!!!

Sent on 07/21/2016

Deborah · Married on 06/18/2016

Deciding on my wedding cake was on the short list of things that were super painless and stress-free during my wedding planning process, thanks to Gayle from LetThemEatCake. Once I showed Gayle a few pictures on Pinterest and chatted with her over the phone, she knew exactly what I wanted and delivered. I cannot tell you how many of our guests admired our beautiful cake and complimented us on how delicious it was.

Working with Gayle could not have been easier and more enjoyable. She was always prompt to respond, professional and kind. Even though I was planning from New York and could not meet in person, I always had 100% trust. She even shipped us our flavor samples!

Thank you a million times!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2016

Gayle was wonderful to work with, especially since it was a long distance effort. With a few emails and pictures we found the perfect antique cake plate and could not have been more satisfied with the cake. We went with simple and elegant white buttercream. The cake was delivered early and not only looked wonderful, but tasted just as good. Overall very impressed.

Sent on 07/02/2016

Lisa · Married on 06/04/2016

Gayle did an awesome job with my cupcakes. I went on her website and found something that would work for us. Then I went on Pinterest and found some more woodsy themed cupcakes. Everyone loved the cupcakes - they tasted so good. I would definitely recommend Let Them Eat Cake

Sent on 10/18/2016

Dana · Married on 06/04/2016

Gayle was recommended to us by our main contact at our wedding venue and I couldn't have been happier to work with her! We live in Michigan but were married in October in Maine and Gayle did an amazing job making the cake selection process a fun one, even from hundreds of miles away. I spoke with Gayle several times as she walked me through the process- she is very thorough, kind and accommodating. She is great for out of town couples because she overnights cake samples. We had so much fun selecting the flavor! Once we talked design, she sent us a sketch. On the day of, she delivered the cake and finished the overall design by adding some extra flowers our florist brought. Everything turned out beautiful and the cake was absolutely amazing (spice cake with maple buttercream frosting.... delish)! Gayle is the BEST, we loved working with her!

Sent on 11/25/2016

Leah · Married on 05/21/2016

I could not recommend Gayle enough. She was so easy to work with, and created a cake that was not only gorgeous, but to-die-for delicious. Guests ranted and raved about our cake (layers of chocolate and vanilla with raspberry filling, covered in buttercream), and many went for seconds. She was one of the most responsive vendors I dealt with, and I will continue to shout her praises for years to come! I already know I'll be asking her to create a cake for our first anniversary!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Laurie · Married on 05/20/2016

We had a destination wedding in Maine and we did all the planning by phone and email. Gayle was wonderful to work with and the cake was awesome! It tasted excellent and the details were spot on you will not be disappointed.
    Laurie & John from MA.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Laurie · Married on 05/20/2016

Laurie & John from MA.

Sent on 07/12/2016

R · Married on 05/14/2016

Gayle was a pleasure to work with. She helped us plan all of the little details and big details along the way with patience and understanding. We especially appreciated the sketches she drew to help us visualize everything we wanted. We were amazed with how beautiful our cake was and received so many compliments about the design and flavor! Thank you for a sweet ending to our special day ;)

Sent on 08/04/2016

One of the easiest parts of planning our wedding was working with Gayle from LetThemEatCake! We talked over the phone to design the cake, sent examples of ideas through email, samples were sent overnight in the mail for tasting, and the cake arrived on time for our reception! When my husband and I stepped into the ballroom at the Nonantum, we were overjoyed to see our wedding cake! We looked at each other and said “We have to cut this?” It was everything that we imagined it would be and more. The ombre fanned ruffles were simply breathtaking. Although we only had time to enjoy a small bit during the reception, we stuffed our faces at midnight as well as the next morning. You would be silly not to have Gayle from LetThemEatCake design your wedding cake! She was such an important part of our special day. My husband wants to open the top that sits in our freezer now, that's how delicious our red velvet with buttercream frosting was!

Sent on 12/05/2015

Tiffany · Married on 10/16/2015

Gayle made everything very convenient and the cake was just simply amazing! Both in taste and appearance, we got almond flavored with buttercream frosting and all of our guests commented on how delicious it was. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2015

Our cake looked and tasted incredible! It was picturesque and Gayle did a great job matching our wedding theme and colors.

Sent on 01/01/2016

cait · Married on 09/05/2015

Gayle, the owner of Let Them Eat Cake is INCREDIBLE. We did four small cakes and they were all the most delicious cake I had ever tasted. I have already recommended her to all of my friends getting married in the area in the future. Everyone at our wedding complimented our cake. We did 2 flavors, but we had a hard time deciding on the flavors- every single flavor we tasted at the tasting was delicious. Gayle also worked with us to make our very specific design ideas come to life. Our cakes were exactly what we envisioned and they were perfect on the outside and the inside. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/18/2015
  • Stacey

Stacey · Married on 08/29/2015

Gayle of Let Them Eat Cake is amazing! We knew we wanted to work with her after she did the cupcakes at my older sister’s wedding the previous summer. They were gorgeous and so tasty, so my groom and I made a mental note to call her when the time came. Gayle is incredibly creative and has so many wonderful ideas. She took what little input I gave and ran with it – it was so fun to see her process. She offered several sketches and made revisions until we all agreed it was perfect. We ending up choosing cupcakes and a two-layer anniversary cake with the lobster toppers. They all looked AMAZING and were such a fun talking point at the wedding. Everyone took pictures of the cake table and we received so many compliments. We are so grateful to Gayle and can’t wait to work with her in the future!!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Emily · Married on 08/22/2015

Let Them Eat Cake came highly recommended by our photographer, and it was obvious why. Gayle is organized, knowledgeable, and fun. As a destination couple planning a wedding from afar, we were concerned about the logistics of things such as cake consultations and tastings. Gayle made it so easy—we took care of all of the details over the phone, sharing sketches back and forth over e-mail, and then Gayle mailed the samples directly to our home. While certainly gorgeous, what impressed us most about Gayle’s cakes was how incredibly moist and delicious they were. This is not your typical dry wedding cake that gets left on tables, as was evidenced by our guests—the cake seemed to evaporate shortly after we cut it, and there was not a slice left (except for the top layer, of course!) at the end of the night.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Adam & Katie · Married on 08/22/2015

Gayle helped provide such a sweet experience for our wedding, and couldn’t have been happier. She helped coordinate everything with us while across country, and even sent us a handful of cake samples (they were awesome!). While all of the combinations were delicious, we decided on the red velvet. We couldn’t have been happier. Along with the taste, the cake itself came out exactly how we’d wanted & envisioned. We got so many compliments. We’re so thankful for choosing Gayle, and would recommend her to anyone. Thank you, Gayle

Sent on 01/11/2016

Susan · Married on 08/15/2015

We hired Gayle from Let Them Eat Cake based on the recommendations from our wedding venue, the Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport, Maine. Although we never met in person, we had several phone and email conversations where I was able to let Gayle know exactly what I had in mind in terms of the overall design concept for our wedding cupcake tower. The overall theme of our wedding was international travel, so we decided to have Gayle create a "world globe" cake topper with a model of their little French Bulldog (created by Gayle from fondant, I believe) perched on the top. It was one of the hits of the wedding-everyone was amazed, not only of the likeness of the dog but also of the beauty of the cupcake designs. And, most importantly, the cupcakes themselves were absolutely delicious! We provided Chinese takeout food boxes to our guests for the leftovers, but we ended up bringing some home as well. Those cupcakes stayed fresh and delicious for another week in our fridge! Would highly recommend Gayle and would absolutely use her services again.

Sent on 08/27/2015

Magen · Married on 08/08/2015

Gayle did an outstanding job on our customized travel-themed three-tiered wedding cake! Everyone loved the way it looked as well as how it tasted! It was absolutely perfect and exactly what we asked for. The taste of it was extremely amazing - almond-flavored cake and buttercream frosting. The best cake I've ever had, by far.

Gayle put in a lot of hard work and even accepted my last-minute request to create an edible flower topper because I couldn't find a topper that I wanted.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Erica · Married on 07/03/2015

Overall a wonderful experience. I loved everything about my wedding cake and got so many compliments on it! Gayle is extremely talented and so easy to work with! I would recommend her to anyone since she is so versatile with her designs.

Sent on 08/25/2015