Let Them Eat Cake Reviews

Let Them Eat Cake 5
Let Them Eat Cake 6
Let Them Eat Cake 7

Amy · Married on 07/22/2017

I worked with Gayle at Let Them Eat Cake. When everyone else paused at my cake request, Gayle jumped in! She helped me recreate a fountain cake that my grandmother made about 30 years ago for my cousin's wedding. It was beautiful. edible, and magical! Additionally, Gayle and I worked on the cake from afar. She sent samples that arrived in tact and gave us a fabulous preview of our options. If you want a fun and fabulous experience, work with Gayle!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Rhonda · Married on 07/22/2017

Let Them Eat Cake was hands down the best cake we've ever had at any function. In addition, Gayle Forte was super accommodating, helped with the design, and professional from start to finish.

I would highly recommend "Let Them Eat Cake" in Kennebunk, ME

Sent on 08/02/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/08/2017

Gayle did an absolutely beautiful job on our cake!! We had a two-tiered anniversary cake at the top, and 100 cupcakes for our guests. Gayle was so patient and flexible with us, and she custom designed everything perfectly! It was beautiful and tasted so good! I highly recommend Let Them Eat Cake to every bride!! Thank you so much Gayle!

Sent on 08/05/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/26/2017

I had a long list of what I wanted in a wedding cake, but after contacting multiple New England bakeries, I soon realized that I would have to compromise in at least one respect - until I called Gayle. Her website is a treasure trove of inspiration and the samples she quickly mailed to us were perfect for deciding flavor. We went with the apricot hazelnut. Although the hazelnut was not very strong, the cake as a whole was flavorful and moist with a tight crumb. It reminded me of a pound cake.

Ours wasn't very large, only two tiers, but Gayle's amazing talent made it more impressive than some of the biggest cakes I looked at online. She made buttercream flowers along the sides, large buttercream ruffles, amazing sugar flowers and succulents on top, and the cutest little metallic sugar starfish (her idea!). It all came together beautifully, and I'm already trying to think of another occasion to go back to Maine and order another cake!

One last thing - Gayle is kind but businesslike, which is awesome because she gives you the feeling that you can really trust her (so, so important to look for in a wedding vendor), and she was very flexible when we called to say we were running behind on our pickup day. I truly couldn't recommend her more.

Sent on 07/19/2017
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2017

The cake was one of my favorite parts of our wedding! It was so easy to work with Gayle, who really listened to our requests and provided sketches beforehand. She perfectly captured everything that we wanted in our cake, and it became a highlight of many of our wedding photos. The Maine Blueberry flavor we upgraded to was delicious, and many of our guests talked about going up for another slice because of it! Thank you for everything Gayle!

Sent on 06/28/2017

Rikki · Married on 06/17/2017

Gayle did an amazing job for our beach wedding! The cake looked just as we discussed and wanted. She really listens to what you want and shares sketches so you can come up with a design that really reflects our ideas. It came out beautiful. She added every detail we discussed. She is fast and thorough with her information and the cake was delicious! We got the toasted coconut. It was the perfect amount of coconut and sweetness.

Sent on 06/26/2017

Samantha · Married on 06/10/2017

Absolutely stunning. Our wedding cake was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined and tasted amazing!!! We had wedding guests tell us that this was the best wedding cake they have ever tasted. Gayle was so easy to work with long distance. She mailed us samples of cake so we could taste them in the comforts of our own home and when was convenient for us. If we had any questions, she was available via email or phone. Gayle has an enormous gallery of cakes to look through and is so accommodating if you would like to create a design of your own. My husband and I cannot wait until our 1 year anniversary to eat our wedding cake again, it was just so so good!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Kelly · Married on 05/13/2017

We would highly recommend Let Them Eat Cake for a wedding cake! Gayle was wonderful to work with. We didn’t really have a vision about what we wanted our cake to look like and Gayle was so patient and willing to work with us to make sure we got exactly what we wanted, and we did! The cake itself was delicious and it came out so beautiful. Thank you Gayle!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Carol · Married on 11/05/2016

My daughter selected Gayle at “Let Them Eat Cake” to design and prepare her wedding cake. Gayle was quick to respond, and extremely flexible and professional. We had three tiers, and three scrumptious flavors . My guests commented over and over again about how fresh and delicious the cake was. There was very little left at the end of the event. Gayle worked within our budget and designed a beautiful cake which was a focal point at the reception. I highly recommend this place.

Sent on 11/11/2016

Erica · Married on 10/07/2016

Gayle was amazing and a pleasure to work with! I first met her at the Nonantum Wedding show back in November 2015. Although I didn't book with her right away, as I was just starting the chaos of planning, I am very happy I went with her. We had cake samples sent to our house in Massachusetts, and needless to say they were all amazing. We went with a simple vanilla buttercream and really you can't go wrong! We received many, many compliments on how delicious and beautiful the cake was. My husband is already looking forward to our 1 year wedding anniversary to eat the portion we saved (that is if he doesn't eat it before then)! Once again, gayle was great! I wish I had more family and friends who were looking to get married in Maine, so I could recommend Let Them Eat Cake, but for now I highly suggest everyone book with her! Thanks again gayle!! :)

Sent on 11/13/2016

laura · Married on 10/02/2016

Gayle was so helpful throughout the entire planning process. My family and friends were concerned that all the correspondence was via email and phone with no in person contact, but I thought it was great. Made everything go faster and easier to track via electronic paper trail. The day of my wedding I teared up looking at my cake for the first time. It looked exactly the way I wanted it to. We went for a rustic theme and our cake was just as elegant but rustic as I imagined it to be. Thank you Gayle for helping to make my special day just the way I dreamed it would be.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Katherine · Married on 09/24/2016

Cake was beautiful, samples were sent beforehand and it was such an easy process.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Penny · Married on 09/24/2016

This was the first wedding cake that I have every had (including my own wedding) where the cake actually tasted wonderful. Usually they are make more for looks not for taste. It was the best wedding cake by far that I have ever eaten. If you are looking for someone to make your cake then Let Them Eat Cake is the place to go. Gayle (the owner) is so easy and accommodating. I heard lots of compliments about the cake.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/23/2016

I loved working with Gayle! She is so nice, easy to chat with during the design process, and delivers a beautiful (and delicious!) cake. I honestly hired her because of her adorable lobster cake topper, but I was so pleased with every other detail. I left a lot of the decision making up to her ( a long as I got the lobsters!) and I could not have been happier outcome.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 09/17/2016

I chose Gayle Forte (Let Them Eat Cake) after my daughter taste-tested cakes from several wedding cake vendors in Maine and NH. As you can see, we gave Gayle 5 stars for everything. She was in a word "amazing." The cake was freshly baked, and tasted like a cake you would order at an expensive restaurant. We chose chocolate with white butter cream frosting. The cake was so moist and flavorful. And it was gorgeous! Gayle was flexible and helpful throughout. We chose to pick up the cake ourselves and so I was able to meet Gayle in person. She is incredibly nice. When I told her we had special cake toppers she gave me extra frosting so that the toppers would stand firm on the cake. If you are trying to decide on a wedding cake vendor you should choose "Let Them Eat Cake." You cannot go wrong. Delish cake. Responsible and reliable cake-maker. Wow.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Brittany · Married on 09/16/2016

At the last minute our cupcake plans for the wedding fell through, I picked up the phone called Gayle and from that instant she was understanding, patient, accommodating, and attentive. Her cupcakes were beautiful with intricate flower designs- all with buttercream and not fondant (which is a huge plus for me). I cannot get over how moist and perfectly sweet these cupcakes were. Not to mention I requested (again last minute) to have cupcakes boxed up with added personalized stickers so our guests could take cupcakes home, she did this without any hesitation. Gayle even went the extra step to provide cupcake tiers and set up/breakdown the cupcakes at the restaurant.

The last two weeks before my wedding a few things fell through and I can honestly say that after speaking with Gayle, I could fully relax because I knew at least the cupcakes would be taken care of. We could not be happier with Gayle. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Absolutely beautiful and delicious! We received so many compliments on the cake design and were repeatedly told by guests that it was the best tasting wedding cake they'd ever had.

Sent on 11/18/2016
  • W

Wendy · event on 09/08/2016

Let Them Eat Cake provided cupcakes for our rehearsal dinner -100 with darling decorations and the best buttercream frosting ever. Our family are conosiuerrs of butter cream and it was the best. Gayle was wonderful to work with . She listened to our requests ,sent us drawings and pricing immediately. We definitely recommend Let Them Eat Cake for any kind of function.

Sent on 09/12/2016

L · Married on 08/27/2016

Gayle did an incredible job capturing exactly what we wanted on our wedding day. She got the design down perfectly, sent us samples of cakes since we were from out of town and even sketched out some designs so that we could see what it would look like. Everywhere we looked, she was rated as one of the best in the industry around the Kennebunk, Maine area. She was responsive, reasonably priced, and kept the simplicity we were looking for.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Cristina · Married on 08/12/2016

We found Let The Eat Cake at the Nonantum Resort wedding vendor show, once we saw the lobster cake we knew we found our cake vendor! Gayle, the owner, provided several samples for us to take home and try...THEY WERE ALL AMAZING! We had a hard time selecting one, but we went with the red velvet. We stayed in touch throughout the planning process and prior to our wedding we jumped on the phone to talk about my vision, when the cake arrived on our wedding day it was beyond my wildest dreams, it was beautiful and our guests loved the lobsters topper. Couldn't recommend her enough!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/06/2016

We got married August 6th of this year and had the best cake ever! Gayle did an amazing job on our three tiered cake that tasted so delicious. From start to finish Gayle went above and beyond to make the cake just what we wanted. We used a family heirloom on top of the cake that was placed perfectly and the fresh flowers looked awesome on the cake. We highly recommend her services, shes an amazing cake baker and person! Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Leah · Married on 08/06/2016

Gayle’s cake was amazing! She was very organized and kept me on track on what I needed to do. The cake was beautiful. It was beach themed with starfish, shells, and waves as well as bands of my wedding color, pool. It’s amazing such a beautiful piece of art was all edible (minus the Adirondack chairs). I love that she suggested saving the chairs to use as Christmas ornaments. It tasted delicious and we received a ton of compliments. I would highly recommend her cake because not only is it beautiful but it’s delicious!

Sent on 09/29/2016

Rachael · Married on 07/24/2016

Gayle was really friendly and easy to work with -- when we talked on the phone about the cake a few months before the wedding, she went out of her way to let me know that I wouldn't have to give it a second thought. But, MOST IMPORTANT, her spice cake was out of this world delicious -- one of our guests even texted me at 11 PM that night just to tell me it was the best wedding cake she had ever had.

Sent on 09/23/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/16/2016

Gayle was an absolute pleasure to work with, incredibly friendly and super accommodating. She really spent the time to truly make clear exactly what we wanted for our wedding cake. If there were styles of cake or cake lingo I didn't know, she would send me pictures of what the styles looked like etc so we were both on the same page. She is incredibly patient and the whole process felt so personalized! Our cake was not only absolutely delicious, it really was the hit of our wedding! People could not stop talking about how amazing the cake looked and how it went so well with our theme and the colors matched etc it really felt unreal. Guests kept going up to it to take pictures all night. I also received a lot of compliments from guests on how moist the cake was! If I could choose another wedding cake vendor all over again, I would choose Gayle every time. I am so happy with my decision to go with Let Them Eat Cake for our special day.

Sent on 08/13/2016

Melissa · Married on 07/13/2016

We were referred to Gayle from the York Harbor Inn. Every part of the planning process was smooth and easy. Our favorite part was receiving the cake samples via mail. Incredible! It was so hard to decide which flavor we wanted. Ultimately we chose the raspberry chambord torte. Designing the cake was simple, our theme was beach and picked one of her previous designs. All of our guests loved the cake!!! Thank you Gayle!!
    Melissa & Todd 7-13-16