Less Than 3 Productions Reviews

32 | San Francisco, CA

32 Reviews for Less Than 3 Productions

Anh Thu · Married on 09/20/2014

Nick is awesome! My husband and I picked up our DVDs from my parents house a few months back and shared it with the PHAM bam recently. We all LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE his work! He is amazingly talented, and I see that he puts a lot of love and passion into couples new beginnings; especially mine =) He asks the right questions to get to know you. His goal is to understand you and capture what you are looking for. Again, he's awesome. Our wedding day was stressful as any other wedding; but what I remember from the day was the love and fun we had. Every minute Nick recorded was a beautiful memory of an everlasting noodle. Everyone who knows me KNOWS how much I love my noodles. I had it at the wedding after all the drinks were served (that's the best time to eat it!) and asked Nick to record it, so he stayed an extra hour to capture guests in action (it was a 10am - 11pm kind of day)! He was so nice and flexible with my last minute request in staying just to capture noodles. I know what you're thinking...'noodles? really?' Yes, really. He knew what I wanted and it was important for me. If I could do it all over again, I'd still hire Nick but I'd shower him with noodles to thank him as though he won a Super Bowl =)

To Nick, I "vo"! That's 'cheers' in Vietnamese. Thank you so much! We love you! ‪#‎atpbcb‬ #phoever

Sent on 09/20/2015

Kari · Married on 08/17/2014

You guys, seriously. Don't even bother looking any further. Nick and Less than 3 Productions was the best hire of our entire wedding! The funny part is a videographer started off as our lowest priority in our budget, until a friend of mine showed me her wedding video by Nick and I instantly knew this was the person to tell the story of our important day. His movies look like epic movie trailers of the best weddings ever! So refreshing from the cheesy, long-winded options traditionally associated with wedding videos (which I saw a lot of, I used to be a wedding Coordinator so I know!).

We were not disappointed- in fact, my expectations were so far exceeded. Nick caught every single moment that was important to us and he and his team became like family to us ever since. I NEVER saw them during the ceremony or reception, and my guests reported the same, but you would never know it because they captured everything. On top of that, the customer service has been impeccable, warm, responsive. Honestly, this is the best investment you will ever make for your special day.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Emily · Married on 07/12/2014

My husband and I planned two weddings in July 2014 taking place in each of our respective hometowns. Nick filmed our Sonoma Wine Country wedding. Having planned two weddings, we worked with a large number of vendors. In terms of satisfaction with the product, service, and value received, Nick is at the top of our list. If you are considering hiring a videographer, hire Nick. If you are NOT considering hiring a videographer, reconsider, and hire Nick.

The entire experience of working with Nick was a wonderful one. He was organized and detail oriented, while also warm, approachable, and with a great sense of humor. These qualities translated through in his video. He took careful notes on what we wanted and delivered all of it and much more. Our wedding video captures so much about the experience that still life photography, no matter how beautiful, cannot. One reason I wanted to work with Nick, was his knack for editing in pieces of speeches and ceremony so we can remember the words that were spoken. I love this about our video.

On a personal note, to say I am impressed with Nick's dedication and character would be an understatement. During the process of editing our film, Nick was diagnosed with a life threatening illness requiring drastic treatment and a long rehabilitation phase. My husband and I both work in the medical field and we were blown away by what Nick was managing in his personal life while still demonstrating a total commitment to us and to finishing the edits on our film. He did not take any short cuts.He delivered a film so perfect and beautiful. And he delivered it BEFORE our other videographer who filmed our other wedding. He kept in contact with us throughout and maintained such professionalism. This spoke volumes about the way in which Nick values his clients, his commitments, and his art. Truly, he is a wonderful person with immense talent, capability and vision. We cherish our wedding video. It would be a mistake not to hire Nick.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Mercy · Married on 11/09/2013

I love Nick! He was so easy to work with and really listened to our wants and tailored our video to our personalities. He absolutely went above and beyond and I can't thank him enough. The results are beautiful and far exceed my expectations!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Connor · Married on 09/28/2013

Less Than 3 Productions captured our wedding on film/video and they did an outstanding job! Nick is so professional, nice, AND talented!! What more could you ask for? The final product for our wedding video was AMAZING!! My wife cried when we first watched it( and still cries whenever she sees it)! Nick was able to capture the emotions, love, and essence of our wedding day. I am so thankful & grateful that we have a video of our special day to cherish for years to come! Thank you Nick! I am soo happy with his work & I enthusiastically recommend Less Than 3 Productions for your special events!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Nick and his team did a WONDERFUL job with their video of my San Francisco wedding!. I was married in July and Nick did a fantastic job. He is easy to work with and a pleasure to have around on your special day. The video is FABULOUS. The editing work, the music and the quality of the picture is second to none. I found Less Than 3 Productions through a friend and I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married. The prices are reasonable and the quality and service are suberp!!! Thanks again Nick! I cant' wait to refer you to all my wonderful friends- your work is exceptional and I am so glad to have found you and have you capture my special day!!!! love you!

Al · Married on 06/15/2013

My wife (Bea) and I could not have been any happier with the videography services provided by Nick Masculino and his company (Less Than 3 Productions), in relation to our wedding this past June. Nick and his team spent the vast majority of our wedding day on site to make sure that all aspects of the wedding were covered. They were pleasant in their interactions and had some great suggestions for things/events to record. Nick's thoroughness, quality, and attention to detail could all be seen in the end product he created. Watching the video of our wedding really took us back to our special day. The highlight video was excellent. We loved his song choice and how he blended in speeches/toasts with some amazing video shots. We've also received great feedback from our friends and family on our wedding video. If you want someone who cares deeply in his craft and can capture details of a wedding in an unforgettable and highly aesthetic manner, look no further than Nick and Less Than 3 Productions. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/22/2013

Jerome · Married on 06/01/2013

Nick and Jiamin did an amazing job documenting our wedding. They managed to stay out of the way yet interact seamlessly with our guests and capture all of the beautiful moments. We were not convinced that we wanted a video and or a videographer, and we're so happy we changed our minds. The wedding highlights film that Nick created was so beautiful! Everyone we shared it with was so amazed (many people said they were moved to tears), and we felt it captured the personality of our wedding perfectly.

Saveena · Married on 03/10/2013

I can't say enough about Nick, the owner of Less Than 3 Productions. He and his team were an absolute joy to work with from start to finish, and they are professionals and artists in every sense of the word. We barely noticed their cameras at the wedding - very different from some weddings I've been to where the videographers were highly invasive. Their work is AMAZING and our wedding video is now my most prized possession – I can’t stop watching it. The quality of the video is absolutely unlike anything we've ever seen before, and we are beyond thrilled. Whatever you have to do to make it fit into your budget, do it, they are the BEST!

Neela · Married on 01/20/2013

I had the pleasure of seeing first hard the amazing job that Nick and Bryant do for a friend's destination wedding in Mexico. Alfter seeing the final product it was an obvious choice for us to hire Nick and Bryant for our wedding for this last January (even though they are based on the opposite coast).

Before the wedding they interviewed us with our dog (which was so amazing since he is such an important part of our lives but we couldn't have him at the wedding). And of course they incorporated him into the final product. They really take the time to understand a couple and what's important to them which is so rare and made the video so much more special.

At the wedding they were ever present but not intrusive. They worked well with the photographer. And the final product was AMAZING! I adore it and watch it repetitively! My husband and all of our friends and family were so impressed as well and also love it. Not only did I cry but almost anyone I show it to also cries. It really captures the essence and love of the day! It is so NOT a typical wedding video! I highly recommend them for their brilliance as well as for their professionalism and insight

Sent on 10/02/2013

Brooks · Married on 12/05/2012

We hired Nick for our wedding last year and were amazed with the highlight films that he created for us. He really captured the essence of our special day- from the special quiet moments to the big celebratory ones. Nick met with us beforehand to get to know our personalities in order to really emphasize who we are in our video. His art is unique and we're fortunate to have met him and receive his gift. You will not be disappointed with his work!

• Betty

Betty · Married on 09/22/2012

I hired Less Than 3 Productions to film my wedding last September and I am so glad I did!! The instance I saw their portfolio, I was instantly drawn to their style and talent. I am very picky about having responsive vendors and Nick did not disappoint. Nick is very responsive and can totally accommodate to your needs. I didn't even meet him in person until my wedding day, but I felt so confident about his work already that I trusted that he would do a great job. After I got my highlight and main feature, he proved me right! I didn't even cry at my own wedding, but re-watching his video made me cry. That is how amazing Nick and his team are! If I ever need another video grapher for an event, I would definitely hire Less Than 3 Productions!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Nancy · Married on 09/02/2012

I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said about Nick in a previous review. I will make it short and sweet. Nick is incredibly talented and was very easy to work with. There was a chance he wouldn't be able to make it to our wedding because of a family engagement. He was very upfront about the conflict and I really appreciated that. Having a videographer is not cheap and especially when you're on a tight budget. HOWEVER, I think EVERY bride should make room in her budget for a videographer in her budget. It will be the best way to spend money on your wedding because you'll have that video and those memories forever. We're coming up on our first wedding anniversary and we can't wait to re-watch our wedding DVD to re-live the day. Nick is great and you should be so lucky to have him as your wedding videographer!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Sarah · Married on 07/28/2012

We just got married in the summer of 2012 and we were very fortunate to get to work with Nick and LT3 productions. We are so impressed with Nick’s craftsmanship that we feel compelled to write our very first review on Wedding Wire. We enthusiastically give Nick and LT3 productions a 5-star rating for these main reasons: Nick’s videography expertise, his work ethic, and his easy-going, yet professional manner.

Videography expertise:
    • After getting to know us from our consultation, Nick blended our ideas of what to capture along with his own expert recommendations, creating more that just our wedding video, but an experience we can re-live with every viewing.
    • Nick used a variety of videography equipment that he switched back and forth from, adeptly and artfully. Ex: He impressed us with the hidden, in-pocket microphone that captured our vows perfectly.

Work Ethic:
    • Nick responded to all of our emails promptly, easing our fears as the day approached.
    • Nick was on time and stayed until he got the job done.
    • Even when we felt tired from the day, Nick kept his and our energy high.
    • Nick regularly updated us with the progress of editing our video and he even surprised us with the final product ahead of schedule.

Easy-going and Professional Manner:
    • Nick is not only highly talented, but he is passionate about his art and this is evident in every interaction with him.
    • Nick strikes a delicate balance between being an expert at what he does and being very easy to get along with.
    • Our wedding was busy! The guests at our wedding spanned many generations, cultures, and languages. Nick strategically and respectfully captured key moments with everyone.

We highly recommend Nick and LT3 productions for your wedding. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 12/31/2012

Samantha · Married on 06/23/2012

Less Than 3 Productions made the events of our wedding into the most amazing mini movie and we are so grateful to Nick and his talented team. When Nick presented us with our final cut, we were overwhelmed. He captured the joy, love, all the emotions present that day and told the most beautiful story. This video is a keepsake, a timeless diary of that day that we cannot wait to watch and share with our family and our future children.

Nick has an innate talent for seeing the lovely details of your wedding and crafting into something so magical. He is a wonderful story teller which is so difficult to do when there is so much happening at any wedding, yet he does it masterfully. Nick is also such a professional, he really listens to your ideas and is so respectful the day of the wedding. Not once did I feel his or his team's presence, as if they were filming fairies;)

Thank you so much Nick for making our wedding even more special, you captured the best of our momentous day.

I highly recommend Less Than 3 Productions if you want the BEST because you cannot replay an event as special as a wedding.

Here's the link to our wedding video : https://vimeo.com/602953…
    or check out Less Than 3 Productions website.

Sent on 03/10/2013

Less Than 3 Productions were amazing to work with and I am so happy we selected them for our wedding photography and videography!! We met Wilson and Nick at a bridal show last June. The first time we met them, my husband and I felt like we could be ourselves with them! Nick and Wilson were professional, helpful, knowledgeable, creative, and FUN! We had purchased their Fusion package and added a Lovestory video, which I highly receommend as well. We made the lovestory video with Nick and had such a blast doing so! He listened to what we wanted for the video and he helped us shape our ideas into a film that was truly reflective of who we are as a couple! We showed the video at our reception and our guests LOVED it! It was a great way to share with them how our relationship had grown. Wilson was just as amazing to work with! We wanted our engagement photos to look natural, fun, and unique and Wilson helped us do that! At the reception I framed several engagement photos and the guests commented on how lovely they were! The day of the wedding, Wilson and Nick were wonderful! They were fun and supportive, they didn't get in the way, professional with everyone, and flexible! A few days before the wedding we realized we needed them an hour earlier than we had previously arranged and the day of the wedding we needed them to stay one extra hour. They were able to accommodate our needs, no questions asked, and the price adjustment was reasonable. Throughout the year, they were always very receptive to our questions and easy to work with.

Sent on 09/15/2012

Jenny · Married on 05/19/2012

Choosing Less Than 3 to be our videographer was by far the best move we've ever made, considering we were quite hesitant in the beginning due to our tight budget. We're so impressed with Nick's professionalism, flexibility, passion, and incredible work. The 4-5 month post wedding anticipation of the videos may seem long, but after watching them, it's definitely worth the wait. He captured every precious and priceless moment of our day and literally brought us to tears of joy. We absolutely 'less than 3' the highlight and main feature. We've received lots of compliments from our family and friends about < 3's excellent editing. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out, all major thanks to Nick and his staff! They definitely deserve a standing ovation for a job well done! We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Less than 3 to all engaged lovebirds =]

Sent on 10/18/2012

Choosing Less Than 3 Productions for our wedding videography was by far the best decision we made through out the entire process. Nick is great to work with and always goes the extra mile. He has a great eye and a real knack for capturing the perfect shots and details that really represent how precious each moment is. His creativity is also unmatched. We LOVE the job he did editing our wedding video and creating the video highlight. If you want the best in the business withouthaving to deal with any of the stress or drama that can come with other professionals, go with Less Than 3! Not only will you never be disappointed, you will be blown away!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Katrina · Married on 03/31/2012

We decided last minute that we wanted a videographer for our wedding and it was honestly the best decision we ever made. Nick is awesome! He is extremely professional, super easy going and kind and most importantly his end product is beyond AMAZING! I cry every time I watch it. He was able to capture the most important moments down to the little details but in a way that was not intrusive at all. I hardly even noticed him and his team during the day. Hire Less than 3 Productions, I promise you won't regret it! And his prices are very reasonable!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Ana Marie · Married on 09/24/2011

I cannot thank Nick and his assistant enough for the AMAZING wedding video they produced for my husband and me. We got married on Sept. 2011 and decided on hiring a videographer several months prior. After sifting through several Yelp-reviewed videographers and even meeting with one vendor, I came across Less Than 3 Productions (< 3, get it?). The wedding highlight videos on his website were flawlessly edited and told a story. These were critical elements that instantly sold me. Furthermore, the highlight videos looked like music videos! So, if you’re looking for the old-school videographer who leaves his video camera on a tripod all night and does minimal editing, then Nick probably isn’t the one for you.

After a free in-person consultation with Nick, we decided to select the package, which included a highlight video, main feature, basic film, among others. Nick is extremely down-to-earth, personable, and highly PROFESSIONAL. He responded to email in a timely manner and communicated well with our wedding planner and other relevant vendors. In regard to cost, Nick’s fee is very fair when compared to other videographers, given the high quality of his work. Being Filipino, my husband and I also wanted a videographer who would be comfortable interacting with our diverse guests. Nick, who is also Asian, is culturally competent and knew the significance of the Filipino traditions in our Catholic ceremony. We could not help but treat him like family!

On the day of our wedding, Nick followed our wedding planner’s itinerary perfectly. He came to the hotel on-time (unlike our photographers, who I will review in a separate post…), and efficiently set up his equipment. Throughout much of the night, I honestly did not even feel as though I was being filmed!

After our wedding, Nick contacted us regarding our top 3 song preferences for the video. When we received the final DVD, we were so IMPRESSED. Nick truly captured the mood and essence of the event. The video even had a separate section for the dance performances, which I was overjoyed to see. My relatives could not stop raving about the video and also commented on how the DVD cover looks like a real movie cover, with snapshots of our wedding contained therein. Overall, we cannot recommend Nick enough for your future wedding celebrations. Book him immediately! Thank you, Nick, for being a part of our special day. You are a true artist. We will cherish the video forever.

Sent on 04/18/2012
  • MiMi

MiMi · Married on 09/17/2011

Nick doesn't just record your wedding - he creates a movie that captures the essence of the day. Nick was professional throughout the whole process, and we couldn't ask for a better videographer. Because the wedding goes by so fast, it was great to have Nick's video with us forever!

Sent on 01/14/2012
  • Raina

Raina · Married on 09/10/2011

Nick and his team are great! My husband was not too excited about spending money on a videographer at first, but with some persuasion I was able to get him to agree. He was so happy we did! Pictures are good, but there is nothing like watching the video. The final product was amazing, capturing moments and details that we were too busy to see during the wedding. The highlight video makes me cry every time I watch it and it was so easy to share with our guest and those family members that couldn’t attend. During the event, you didn’t even notice them- which was great! Highly recommend!

Sent on 03/22/2012

L. · Married on 08/06/2011

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the video and have watched it so many times! Nick's creativity and skills are amazing and his style is so unique. Even my parents kept saying that they had never seen a wedding video like ours, and that Nick's work was could not be topped, and we agree! He carefully selected each scene and matched it perfectly with the speaking parts and music from our wedding. We were so impressed with how Nick sorted through hours and hours of footage and selected scenes that perfectly captured the spirit of our wedding day. Every time we watch the video, it feels like we are reliving one of the best days of our lives! Thank you so much, Nick! You truly are amazing!!!

Sent on 02/05/2012

Maryam · Married on 05/12/2011

If I could I would give 10 stars to Less Than 3 Productions.

Nick is a video genius. Truly. I never thought someone would be able to capture the magic of our event, but somehow Nick did it.

He and his assistant were a pleasure to work with and thoroughly professional. They captured the essence and emotion of our event while being utterly unobtrusive. During the ceremony we didn't even notice that they were there, yet somehow they got everything!

I have seen many wedding and party videos in my life and I've never seen any done as beautifully, and with as much care and creativity as Nick's.

Sent on 08/11/2011

Erik · Married on 05/12/2011

I know it must look over the top to give someone 5 stars across the board. I thought about putting in one at 4 just so it looked more reasonable, but that wouldn't be fair to Nick and his crew!

They shot our wedding and made a video that went far beyond documenting the facts and events (though it did that). Over the course of the afternoon and evening they really figured out who we and the group really are, and made a final video that perfectly reflected that. It is pretty amazing, really.

I would recommend Nick to anyone interested in moving a step beyond the standard video routine - this happened, then this happened, then this happened - and to something that feels much more like a film of the event, that really focuses on character and relationships. I don't know how else to put it. Thanks Nick!

Sent on 08/12/2011