Leona Campbell Photography Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 10 Reviews
View more information

Emily Married on 03/22/2019

Simply the best!

We could not have chosen a better photographer for our micro wedding! Leona is so talented, and made us both feel at ease in front of the camera, while perfectly capturing the emotions of our day. She was helpful every step of the way leading up to our wedding as well.

My husband and I were fortunate enough to do forest bathing with Leona the day before our wedding. We were not sure what to expect, but figured that it would be a good experience no matter what. Leona was so welcoming in each of the invitations, and her ability to guide us through the walk was just incredible. The calm we felt after forest bathing helped us prepare for the next day, and get out those last minute jitters. I cannot recommend Leona enough!
    Alexandra Married on 11/10/2018

Leona is amazing!

I really can't say enough positive things about having Leona as our photographer for both our engagement and wedding photos.
    First, Leona is fun, easy going, super nice, and very flexible. My husband and I had never had professional photos done before, but she made us feel relaxed and never made anything awkward. I also loved that she let us bring our dog to the engagement photo shoot!
    Second, for our wedding, Leona truly went ABOVE AND BEYOND. She (and her husband, who was our second photographer) were with us for nearly 12 hours. They started with photos of getting ready, and stayed until the very, very end of the reception. We did photos in multiple locations and Leona was completely awesome about following us around and accommodating our needs/wants.
    Third, the photos! She is truly so talented. My friends and family could not compliment the photos enough. So many of them captured the personalities of our guests so well. Leona was literally on the dance floor with us, grabbing awesome shots of people. And so many cute photos of the kiddos! Absolutely great.
    Fourth, my husband and I got married in Golden, Colorado. We wanted photos that captured the scenery and a few landmarks, as well. Leona mapped out the area and found multiple fantastic spots for photos. This was so beneficial, as we did have some ideas of our wants, but having her knowledge of lighting, background, etc., obviously made all the difference.
    Lastly, and maybe one of the most important things about the whole wedding process: the relationship with your vendors. In my opinion, you want someone who is flexible, friendly, and who you get along with well. Leona is all of these items and more. I think that in the wedding world, it can be difficult to be planned, organized, and timely without also coming across as demanding or bossy. However, my favorite thing about Leona is that she is so organized but never made us feel like we had to rush the process or hurry up. She just has a calm and easy going presence. It was so easy to work with her.
    I would recommend her photography skills to anyone! 5++++++ star rating!
    Kaylin Married on 07/05/2018
    Choosing Leona to be our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We loved her philosophy of capturing the mood and spirit of our wedding. Her calm, professional demeanor helped us get through a huge thunderstorm that began just minutes before we arrived at our wedding site, Chatfield Botanic Gardens in Littleton, Colorado. As native Coloradans, we wanted our wedding and photos to reflect our state. Leona captured the spirit of Colorado--artistic photos of the scenery, beautiful shots of hummingbirds and rabbits, and atmospheric images of the barn where we had our reception. Her portraits of our families are fantastic! Leona helped even the most camera shy people find a pose that felt natural. We love the candid photos of the evening the most; Leona captured not only the main action (photos of the ceremony and toasts) but also managed to get photos of nearly everyone who attended the wedding. Leona was a joy to work with and we would recommend her to anyone who wants a photographer who will respect your wedding vision and focus on creating photos that reflect you as a couple.
  • W
    Warren Married on 04/07/2018
    Leona was the perfect person to be our photographer for the wedding. She not only flew from Colorado to shoot it, but she captured the day from beginning to end, even when we said she can end at 9:30, she stayed till 10. Her professionalism and her personality definitely made it easy being in front of the camera. She was detail oriented and had a timeline to make sure you aren't taking group photos all day, so you can have time to enjoy most of the cocktail hour.
    Great decision and so easy to work with.

If you live in Colorado and need a great photographer for your wedding or in Mass, Leona is the way to go!
    Cait Married on 10/08/2017
    Working with Leona was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. It's not possible to give her enough stars-- we'd crash the internet! Speaking specifically, we found there are two basic parts of working with a wedding photographer: the actual experience of working with them, and the product (the photos). Leona was marvelous with both. She was at all times responsive, understanding, warm, and professional. My husband and I aren't really picture people; we don't take a lot of ourselves or have them taken, so it could've been really stressful, but it never was. Leona and Austin responded so beautifully to all of our weird requests, and they totally understood our vision. And the photos are absolutely STUNNING. The quality of the images is outstanding: beautiful lighting, focus, composition, color, etc. The portraits are gorgeous, but more important to us was that they really captured the critical smaller moments: my grandmother laughing with my dad, my five-year-old cousin ducking over to hug me during the toasts, and all those wonderful candid moments of laughter and dancing and (in our case) quite a few kisses. We couldn't be happier, and we will be singing Leona's praises for years to come.
    Erin Married on 08/10/2017
    Leona photographed our long-awaited self-solemnization/ elopement ceremony on top of Mount Evans in Colorado. To say that she was personable and professional or that she "captured our day perfectly" are absolute understatements! Leona is a true artist and took photos that still make me (and my family!) tear up and smile. Her pictures of us and the surrounding scenery are still all of our family's computer backgrounds- they're that gorgeous :) She gave just enough direction to make us look like we knew how to be photographed (we definitely don't!), but in those extremely private and special ceremony moments, we honestly forgot she was even there. Which is my highest compliment, as someone who really wanted a private ceremony with just the two of us. After seeing our pictures, all of our friends now want to or wished that they eloped!

If you're wanting someone to scout out an adventurous, unique spot and manage all of the little stressful details, and to hike up a snowy mountain at sunrise with you- she's your girl! Our photos look timeless and professional, and she had them edited and back to us in record time for our reception party invitations. We highly recommend her!

Leona, I wish you and Austin the BEST of luck in Colorado! We loved getting to know you and having you as part of our wedding day! Thank you! -Erin and Kevin
    Jessica Married on 12/10/2016
    Leona and Austin were our photographers for our December wedding and I can't say enough good things about them. They were responsive from the start and very easy to work with. We spoke with them a few times before the wedding, first to chat about their work and then again a few weeks before the wedding to nail down what was really important to us. Day of, they were prompt and super organized. On a very chaotic day, they kept everything moving so that we could get the photos we really wanted, but also enjoy our wedding. They even toughed it out in 20 degree weather in December in Mass to get some awesome nighttime photos outside our venue. The finished product is AMAZING. Leona and Austin caught some truly special moments that make me smile every time I look back. We also ordered the album with them and it's GORGEOUS. Highly, highly recommend them!
    Kaitlyn Married on 12/03/2016
    A lot of people say that a good photographer is the key to remembering all the finer details of your wedding, well, they are wrong; a GREAT photographer is what is needed. If you don’t want to settle for good but rather have great, then it’s Leona Campbell photography. PERIOD.
    My husband and I had not only our wedding pictures done through Leona Campbell Photography but also our engagement photos, so the trust we had in Leona and her husband Austin was set in stone since the first interaction we had with them. Professional is an understatement when it comes to them, they elevate the profession to a new level and we’re accommodating to not only our requests but also appreciated the freedom we gave them to capture each moment as it happened. Leona and Austin were superb in making us and our guests completely comfortable and not only were they able to capture all the big moments, they capture all the little moments the bride and groom miss on their wedding day! The photos they provided us, in what I must say was a very quick turnaround, were not just perfect, they were extraordinary. On top of that, I have to say for their pricing to quality ratio - they are a steal! As photographers, they are impeccable and as for connecting with you and your guest to make sure every small detail is captured, they are superb. We could not be happier with them as people, as our photographers or of the final product, they delivered!
    Thank you Leona and Austin!
    Dana Married on 05/01/2016
    Working with Leona and Austin was truly the best decision we made. We fell in love with Leona's unique talent in masterfully capturing emotions in her candid shots and seamlessly incorporating nature into her beautiful photos. When we met Leona and Austin for the first time, we felt as if we were hanging out with a couple we've known for a long time! Leona and Austin really wanted to get to know us as a couple. We loved sharing our love story with them and also loved hearing their love story! As the wedding day approached, Leona amazed us with her professionalism and meticulousness. She spent hours with us on the phone, going over our less-than-perfect wedding day timeline and paid attention to every single detail we wanted her to capture. I was losing sleep over the wedding day weather (scattered showers), and Leona wrote me a novel-length email to help me calm down and even sent me links to some pretty umbrellas to be used as props for our photoshoot. I felt genuinely taken care of, and I knew I could trust her. Her calming presence through the planning process and on our big day was truly remarkable. Leona knew we wanted an aerial shot of all our guests, so she had reached out to our venue (Willowdale Estate) to figure out the logistics; she was so familiar with our venue that she was able to propose different ways to get the shot we wanted. She also respected our wishes to take + 10 different big group photos despite our tight schedule-- she magically made this happen! Unlike other wedding photographers who charge by the hour, Leona and Austin happily dedicated the entire day to our wedding-- they arrived at the venue way before us to find the best spot for our portraits. They went above and beyond and brought their mini-studio set up to the venue to take artsy, beautiful portraits of us-- which meant so much to us! All the photos came out beautifully and were edited to perfection! We are SO happy and grateful for Leona and Austin!

• Stasia
    Stasia Married on 09/26/2015
    Leona and Austin did an engagement shoot for us in Harvard Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts, the place where my husband and I first met. We somehow picked a day to shoot in a snowstorm and Leona and Austin spent every possible minute of the two hours getting the perfect photos. We didn't feel rushed and Leona did everything she could to guide us in natural looking shots, and make us feel comfortable being photographed.Leona’s patience and professionalism was so appreciated, especially on the day of the wedding.
    Leona helped to keep me calm (which wasn’t even her job in the first place!) and was very discreet as she would move around the room or arrange a detail to take a photo. She came to my reception space at Big Trees Park in Northern California and studied the angles and lights the day before the wedding. We were told that she had requested to have a broke bulb fixed so that the light would be perfect. She went completely above and beyond! We made sure to treat Leona and her husband Austin with the same regard as our friends and family. Our wedding guests enjoyed meeting Leona and Austin, and our day wouldn’t have been the same without their calming presence. My husband and I requested lots of candid, less-posed photos, and I think our wishes really aligned well with Leona’s strengths. We had a wonderful first look session in a grove of ancient Giant Sequioas. Later, Leona took us away from dinner during the golden hour for a portrait session in a meadow.
    When our photos were delivered to us after the wedding, my husband and I went through the shots and became completely teary eyed and emotional. We continue to see special, meaningful photos every time we revisit our photo album. Leona has mastered catching the perfect moment of emotion. The finished products are ethereal and authentically representative of our wedding and relationship.
    My husband and I agree that hiring Leona to photograph our wedding was the most important purchase that we made.