Lens Out Loud Reviews

70 | San Antonio, TX

70 Reviews for Lens Out Loud

Kimberly · Married on 06/07/2014

Choosing Lens Out Loud to shoot our wedding photography was one of the best decisions we made! Hands down. After meeting with Andre, we knew he was the creative type of person we wanted to shoot our wedding. His ideas were great but most importantly he was interested in what WE WANTED. Andre gave 100% of his self that day and his assistant Barron was just as great to work with. He was able to capture the day in such a way that it was exactly how we remember it. The photos are beautiful and natural and really were able to transmit all of the emotions of the day and we received our photos earlier than expected. VERY SURPRISED! and we got a ton of just natural shots of all of us partying away at our place. We are down to earth people who wanted to someone who was as down to earth as we are and we got just that!!! Thanks for being so professional and accommodating to our crazy schedule when we needed to meet and talk about the wedding. Our photos are amazing and once again, BEST DECISION WE MADE FOR OUR WEDDING. Hire Lens Out Loud, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Amelia · Married on 06/01/2014

I cannot rave ENOUGH about Lens Out Loud! Planning from a distance was a very difficult experience, but they made the end of the photography easy peasy breezy for me. I worked with Barron and Derick because Andre wasn't available on my wedding day but those two guys did an amazing job! Derick & Barron did a great job of capturing very candid moments of my wedding. Andre made me feel comfortable working with his associate photographers because he assured me the work would look amazing because he trained them and he said he'd do the editing of the photos. I'm glad we took his word for it. They took the time to meet with me and my mom so that we could all get to know each other to make sure we're on the same page. The day after the wedding, Andre followed up with me to make sure I was satisfied with everything and I really appreciated that alot. Everything was very upfront from the beginning and now that I have my photos I am very satisfied. Thanks for doing an amazing job because I'll love these photos for ever!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Just received our photos and video in today and Jason and I want to say thank you so much to Andre for making our wedding memories amazing! It feels so surreal that everything felt like an eternity when we were planning this wedding and now that everything is done it feels like a blur. My husband and I (Hispanic and Italian), very honestly, cannot be more satisfied with Lens Out Loud.

Andre captured photos of things I didn't even know was going on like my cousin who was doing the splits on the dance floor. I must have been in the bathroom or something when that happened. Nevertheless that moment was priceless because he never lets loose like that. We never felt rushed. He was very patient with us despite our wedding starting an hour late. I was really stressing out because I thought we were going to lose an hour but Andre and his team hung around to make sure we would get send off photos in the horse and carriage. Our photos are just awesome and Jason (my husband) was much more pickier than I was and I'm thankful he was because our photos are so worth what we paid! Don't forget its your wedding and should look to hire someone who will work with you and be understanding. Based on this alone I definitely recommend Lens Out Loud. 5-stars!

Love and Hugs from Priscilla and Jason!

Sent on 07/24/2014
  • Allyson

Allyson · Married on 05/17/2014

Alex and I would like to say thank you thank you THANK YOU for making this entire experience memorable. I was so surprised you still available for my wedding day considering I interviewed you a little more than a year before we set an actual date and decided to have a destination wedding in Nassau, Bahamas.

Working with Andre and his team was amazing. His assistant Barron was also great. Our engagement photos looked like movie posters. We were just blown away. By far, my experience will Lens Out Loud has been the best of all the vendors we worked with while planning this wedding. We wanted to hire someone who we felt would fit in comfortably with our personalities and who would mesh well with our guests. Andre was just that, the perfect fit. Our wedding photos were amazing and I just can't say enough about his attention to detail and his passion for what he does. He's just fun fun fun to work with. If you want the best, hire Lens Out Loud!!!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Lens Out Loud's reply:

Hey guys1 Your engagement shoot is definitely a signature shoot like something from Essence Magazine. Thanks so much for choosing me to create for you the two of you :)
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 03/09/2014

I absolutely love our wedding photos! Andre and Lens Out Loud has yet to disappointment me. Our engagements were awesome even though the shoot ended early because I started feeling nauseated- our James Bond themed engagement shoot still looked amazing. And my bridal vogue shoot was really a cover girl treatment. Thank you so much for taking the time to put so much into my bridal shoot. I was truly caught by surprise by all of the decorations and set up. My mom loved it! See it all come together is a little shocking because I never thought I'd have a shoot that look so great.

Our wedding photos were beautiful... I was crying and I went to work all splatchy because they are absolutely so gorgeous and beautiful. Thank you Thank you soooo much I absolutely love them. They turned out so amazing and I'm so excited!!!!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Lens Out Loud's reply:

Lauren and Taylor... or shall I say "Mr & Mrs Bond"?! Your James bond engagement shoot was easily one of the most uniquely themed engagement shoots i've put together thus far. The Hotel Eilan was the perfect location and I'm so happy I was able to get that BMW for the shoot. Helping Taylor live out his dream as 007 was awesome of course lol. The rustic Texas style of your wedding in Sisteredale, Texas was perfect. I really think you guys pulled it off with the decorations. I'm just blessed to have been the one to capture it all for you guys. Much love and keep it going strong!
  • Shirl

Shirl · Married on 10/26/2013

We don't even know where to begin on how describe how amazing and talented Andre is! We were searching for the right photographer for nearly 8 month and we even began interviewing photographers in Austin because weren't necessarily impressed by photographers in San Antonio.

After about 4 bridal shows, countless websites visited and several interviews, when we first laid eyes on the Lens Out Loud website, we both said "WOW!!! this man's work is on a completely differently level!" We wanted our photos to have a very high-end look and Andre was the only photographer we saw and felt could create the images we would be comfortable paying for.

For the engagement shoot, Dre helped us with our outfits and created a great concept. Our engagement photos look like editorial spreads and movie covers that are good enough to be in Essence magazine or something... JUST WOW!

For my Bridal portraits, Andre went over the top for me. I didn't know all that he was planning. He created a decorated set that looked like a photo shoot for a bridal gown designer campaign. There were vintage sofas and furniture, swings hanging from trees. It was just an amazing set up. His make up artists Veronika and Alex were fantastic and his hair stylist Dominic created the perfect look for my bridal shoot. All 3 were amazing! My bridal portraits look like straight up ad campaigns. I was (and still am) completely speechless and everyone who has seen my bridals are blown away!!!

The wedding day went by like a blurrrrrrr! Andre and his two assistants Tim and Derick were moving non-stop all night taking photos of all our guests, decorations and a bunch of other fun stuff.

Hands down Andre is the most talented & creative wedding photographer in SA & Austin- NO COMPARISON. He's super down to Earth to work with and made us feel like family. If photography is important to you, there's no way you can hire any other photographer. LENS OUT LOUD is the best!!!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Lens Out Loud's reply:

Hi Shirl and Alex! Shirl you have easily become one of me trend setting brides lol. When I show brides your bridal portraits, the immediately get competitive like "ok, we have to do something really really really good Andre!" At our first meeting, I got a strong sense of how I could photograph you guys. I felt a sense of "Essence Magazine featurette about a power couple" kind of thing. The decision to shoot your engagements as a fashion-style shoot with dramatic cinema style lighting was the perfect choice and both of you knocked it out of the park. Your bridal shoot was suuuuuper fun. You owned that gold sofa and thanks for being a trooper in that bright and hot sun! You handled that very well too. The wedding was absolutely amazing at the McNay from the colors and your intro as well. Definitely good times guys. thanks for being so willing to cooperate with my ideas. Keep The Love Strong :)

Carragh · Married on 09/22/2013

The most important aspect of wedding photography is to capture the emotion of the day. From the look on the bride and groom's faces to the expressions of the guests, down to the details of the wedding ceremony and reception, a picture captures and preserves those memories forever. Dre and his team were EXCEPTIONAL! Our guests raved about how patient he was with everyone, even down to the positioning of the very young flower girls. Dre captured the most creative shots any bride would love to have forever. His personality and energy were unlike any I have ever seen when working with a photographer. I want to add, Dre isn't just a photographer... He's a mastermind behind his work, creating an image that is breathtaking, and detailed, and phenomenal. We wish Dre and Lens Out Loud could be on hand for every event for the rest of our lives! Exceptional service from the moment we spoke, to the contract we signed, to the day of our event. An absolute joy to work with and passionate person who will capture your day unlike anyone else you can hire!

~ Carragh and Matthew Johnson
    Sept. 22, 2013
    Kendall plantation wedding

Sent on 10/21/2013

Lens Out Loud's reply:

Carragh Carragh Carragh Carragh... AND MATTHEW! lol Shooting your wedding at the Kendall Plantation was AWESOMENESS with a captial "A"!. From the moment we spoke over the phone, I knew we'd work really well together. You completely understood the vision I had for your photos and I understood your vision as well. Thank you guys so much for being willing to take some awesome shots by the pond area behind the gazebo at the Kendall Plantation. To this day when I show those images to brides and grooms, they think it's fake until I show them the WHOLE wedding. Your photos really set the bar high. The fire dancers were amazing too. That was awesome to shoot. Me and my second shooter Tim were surprised and so was my assistant Barron. Definitely an unforgettable night. Keep the love strong guys!

Adrienne · Married on 06/23/2013

The first thing I'd like to say is that Lens Out Loud more than exceeded our expectations! Now that I've gotten that off my chest, I wanted to speak to my experience. When I first stared planning my wedding, the time came that I needed to find a photographer. I searched the web, I went to bridal extravaganzas, I read magazines and I got a feel for what I wanted my wedding to "feel" like and I thought how could I convey this in my photos at the end of the day? Well, I had gotten an email from Lens Out Loud and I just fell in love with the one picture of the bride walking between shrubs with her veil skirting the top of the shrubs! OMG! What a vision... I said I want this person, guy, girl, company, whatever to shoot my wedding!

I left my contact info on the web site, and Andre called me back. We got to talking and he started to feel what wanted and I started to understand where he was coming from. Most of all, I got from this conversation, he loves what he does! Furthermore, I was happy that Andre was African American. Honestly, I wanted a photographer who would be comfortable around our families and really be able to get great shots.

Our experience from the bridal shoot, engagement shoot, and finally the wedding was absolutely perfection. Andre has a way of making you feel comfortable in your skin and not goofy in front of the camera, which I loved!

We will gladly work with Andre and Lens Out Loud again in the future.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Lens Out Loud's reply:

Hi Adrienne! It was amazing working with you and your husband Larry. I got an early feel for what style would work for you guys and I'm glad you liked the ideas when I presented them to you before the engagement shoot and the wedding day. I could tell from our first meeting that your wedding would be fun and easy spirited. It's always fun when we're working with a bride who's comfortable in her own skin and she just wants to have fun. Thanks again for giving me the privilege of creating amazing photos for you guys. I gave some photos to Dona Liston at the Lambermont so she could use them as well because they look really great. Good Bless!
  • Lizanne

Lizanne · Married on 09/29/2012

It was awesome working with Andre Gant with Lens Out Loud! He was very creative and had some very unique shots. He was extremely professional and folks at the wedding were asking him to work with them on other events after seeing his some of his work and professionalism. We got the photos back in good time and for all the work he did I wondered if he got any sleep :-). I would definitely work with Andre again and again and recommend him to any bride. He captured every moment of our special day and he will do the same for you!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Lens Out Loud's reply:

I am blessed, thankful, and grateful that you and Desmond gave me the opportunity to share your destination wedding experience and create photos that will be memorable for a lifetime.

It's truly a humbling experience when I consider the fact that good people such as yourself open your minds and heart to trust me with the responsibility to capturing your memories and creating a unique vision for how those memories will be represented artistically.

We all had a great time traveling from San Antonio to Trinidad and Tobago! The culture, food, people and the event one of few that will never be forgotten.

Please let your families know I am very grateful for their hospitality and willingness to open their minds in participation of some of the wild ideas I had for photos lol. I look forward to working with you time and time again in the future Desmond and Lizanne!

I wish you both the best of love and prosperity!

Andre
    Creative Director & Chief Photographer

Jennifer · Married on 06/18/2015

Andre was extremely helpful, patient , and so much fun to work with. The quality of the pictures and the moments he captured were absolutely amazing! I am so happy with everything he did for us. The video was just as stunning. Andre is a very fun and caring person. It was like working with a long time friend even though it had been our very first time working with him. He was very patient with my mom and I. We had a couple of things come up during our pay plan period and Andre worked with us every step of the way. I truly appreciate all of the time and hard work he put in to making our wedding video and photos absolutely perfect.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Carol · Married on 04/09/2016

My son and his bride got first class service and pictures they truly wanted. I was able to get photos for my mom, who at 93 and living across the country, wasn't able to actually be at the wedding. She loved the variety of Andre's photos and got to feel as if she had actually been there. Still don't quite understand how he got all of us into the various photos -- and got smiles from the kidlets who weren't sure why there was another photo! In short, he made everyone look good and gave us memories to treasure.

Sent on 06/24/2016

Andre is incredible and fun to work with, the only downside was our second photographer was in an accident before our wedding and couldn't make it. Andre hustled and made sure he took tons of pictures!

Sent on 09/24/2015

3.4
      3.0
      3.0

Andre did a fantastic job with my bridal session and wedding pictures, the pictures turned out beautifully; however, it has been 8 months and all I have are the digital images of my bridal pictures and screen shots of my wedding pictures. I ordered an album and prints, but still haven't received them. I also have not received the disc with the copyright and images that was part of the original contract. I've reached out several times, but getting a response back is difficult. Andre is talented and I had no issues with timeliness of his arrival at the bridal shoot or wedding. It was just after the wedding with the unresponsiveness, but I did receive all the things that I had ordered. For beautiful pictures, look no where else, Andre can provide them; however, I just was frustrated with the unresponsiveness after the ceremony.

Sent on 11/20/2015

Ricky · Married on 03/10/2018

1.8
      2.0

Poor communication and doesn’t follow through with what he promises

We hired Andre to shoot our wedding last March after meeting him at a Bridal Expo. We felt comfortable right away with his energetic personality and were initially excited to work with him. After we paid him in full upfront, we noticed he was a little difficult to get a hold of, whether if we were trying to set up our engagement shoot with him or to see what time of day would be best in planning the outdoor ceremony for natural lighting. We were finally able to set up an engagement session and it went really well. He shared his ideas for certain shots and poses he had in mind for our wedding day throughout the shoot and made us feel very comfortable. At the end of the shoot, totally unprovoked, he apologized for his past poor communication. We really appreciated that and again looked forward to working with him on our wedding day.

However, on the day of the wedding he sent another photographer without mentioning to us that he was double-booked and not going to be the one to shoot our wedding. To make matters even worse, I asked where our photobooth was going to be and the photographer he sent said that we didn’t have a photobooth coming. This innovative photobooth was something that Andre had talked with us about for 10 minutes straight as part of his sales pitch before we signed our contract with him about 7 months earlier. Now only two hours before the ceremony, I asked the photographer to call Andre to see what was going on with the photobooth. The photographer told me that Andre was busy at another wedding and he would be unable to contact him! What? So now no photobooth and since we knew Andre could not be contacted, we had our fingers crossed the rest of the night that nothing else would go wrong. Luckily, the photographer he sent did a great job and we were satisfied with our pictures.

A week later, Andre apologized for us not having the photobooth and took responsibility saying that he would reimburse us the $500 the photobooth costs. We were satisfied with that but obviously really wanted that booth there for our guests. However, we understand mistakes happen and at least he was going to do what he could to make this up to us. He told us to give him a month or so to get that money to us. A few months later, we received a link to our wedding video on vimeo.com. We asked about the refund and he told us that “Honestly, money has been tight and that’s what’s delayed the refund. But i’ll definitely get it to you guys." He sent a timeline of $250 that he would send to us in 3 weeks and the remaining amount in 2 weeks after that. This was the last time he ever responded to us. The refund timeline came and went and we heard nothing. I tried to download our wedding video to put it on a DVD but noticed the quality seemed to change when I downloaded it. I contacted him about that, without any mention of the refund, and he again never replied. We left numerous messages on both of his phone numbers and sent a few more emails. He hasn’t and won’t get back to us. It has become apparent to us that he feels he is done with us and owes us nothing more.

For these reasons, I would not recommend his services to anyone who is hiring a photographer that wants that person to actually be the photographer at your wedding, communicates with you the entire process, and ensure the photographer follows through with all of his promises and everything he put in the contract.

Sent on 11/17/2018
  • W

Will K. · Married on 04/02/2020

1.2

Buyer Beware

When we first met Andre, he seemed like the perfect photographer/videographer for our special day. We had a great time during our engagement shoot, and were very optimistic about how he could capture our upcoming wedding day.

This is where things started to go south.

Leading up to the wedding, Andre started to become unresponsive. We hoped this wouldn't turn into a trend, but following the wedding things got much worse. His responsiveness and friendly demeanor quickly faded away, turning into a very frustrating scenario as my wife and I anxiously awaited the photos/footage according to the timelines he set.

Andre consistently missed his delivery deadlines, leading to a long 9 months of follow up before he finally delivered all the material promised. He contradicted himself multiple times during these exchanges, which was very unprofessional and nothing like we anticipated working with him would be.

My hope is that this can be a cautionary tale for those who are considering working with him, and hopefully an experience that nobody else will have to endure.

We're grateful for the memories he and his team were able to capture, but we can't help but look back on our decision to work with Lens Out Loud with anything but regret.

Sent on 01/05/2021

Hillary · Married on 03/02/2019

Please do not hire

I’ve had many versions of this review typed out, mostly angry and directed towards Andre (due to wedding wire restrictions, I am not allowed to give his last name) and Lens Out Loud. I have now decided to direct my review towards the customers, as we are the ones that are taken advantage of in this industry.

Do not allow this man to continue to run his business. I have had an awful experience. I know I am not alone, and sadly the reviews do not reflect it.

To sum it up:
    1. Andre is very well spoken, don’t be fooled by the easy conversation and confidence. He is a scam artist.
    2. Expect to wait at least 2 weeks for a response after hiring him.
    3. After your event, expect to wait 6 weeks or longer for a response.
    4. Don’t expect beautifully edited photos or video that are displayed on their portfolio and social media.
    5. Don’t expect him to apologize or acknowledge his mistakes.

Please don’t make the same mistake I did.
    Do your research and look into the owner of the company, not just the company itself. Andre has been allowed to take advantage of countless couples in his numerous photography businesses, and this must stop.

Sent on 12/08/2019

David · Married on 04/25/2015

1.0

Our daugther's wedding was in April of this year. First things first, the photographer sent to the wedding was unprofessional and not fully engaged in the event. Several important shots were missed and sadly, we cannot go back in time to re-create the moment.

We now have the electronic versions of the photos, however, we still do not have the video. My daughter has reached out to Andre several times. My wife has attempted to contact him as well. He no longer returns our calls. It is to the point that I will be reaching out to the Texas State Attorney General, Division of Consumer Protection to lodge a formal complaint. It would be far better for Andre to fulfill the contract that we signed and paid in full. It is a shame to have such a special event tarnished by this disreputable firm.

Sent on 09/10/2015

Lens Out Loud's reply:

Thank you David for reaching out. The photographer assigned to your wedding performed poorly. Our photographers are instructed to be friendly, approachable, alert and engaging. Derrick did not meet this standard. Your daughter and I spoke at great length about Derrick Kimbrough's poor performance and as a result of Derrick's performance, he is no longer a part of the Lens Out Loud Photography team because he did not achieve the standard of performance we demand from our photographers. I apologize for the delays in your daughter receiving her video. It is definitely overdue. Unfortunately, my video editing team has fallen behind on projects due to a few unexpected departures from the team. I take full responsibility of the delays as I am the studio manager. However, I want to assure you that I have my team working hard to complete your daughter's video by today and deliver it within 24hrs. Thank you.

1.0

Lens Out Loud let us down! If I could do it all over again, I would definitely have chosen another photographer. We were initially very pleased with our engagement photos as the lead photographer Andre is very talented but we were disappointed with the service provided on our wedding day and communication to follow. I had a difficult time trying to getting a hold of him to schedule my bridal portraits. At the time of booking, we were advised that our package included engagement/bridal/wedding photos to include unlimited prints, video clips and a photo album. One of my friends was asked to help the photographer during my bridal session which the photographer stated after the incident that he would definitely bring an assistant to the wedding. On our wedding day ther was video captured early on as we were getting ready but there was no assistant present. There were several great moments were not captured. Upon receiving our pics 3 months later we discovered there were no video clips provided and all photos of the wedding party & family photos taken immediately after the wedding ceremony were unaccounted for. I called/emailed the photographer only to receive a call over a week later informing me that those shots were lost & could not be restored. I was DEVASTATED but Lens Out Loud offered a $500 reimbursement to compensate for the lost photos specifically- we accepted. Lens Out Loud said they would reimburse us in two separate payments. However, it's been a year and we never received the photo album that was included in our package. Lens Out Loud has become unresponsive to our emails/ phone calls. This was just overall a horrible experience! I can never get that day back and would advise you to use extreme caution when considering Lens Out Loud.

Sent on 08/12/2015

Lens Out Loud's reply:

Hello Marcella . Thank you for the feedback as it will be used to make the necessary adjustments to continue to make Lens Out Loud’s services greater for our current and future brides. To improve communication, we've hired 2 new office assistants so that our current & future brides can have constant contact regarding their account & scheduling of sessions.

Regarding Assistants; You booked the 50% off Black Friday special which does not include assistants. Your friend graciously offered to grab a few items (like an umbrella and a 5ft power cable) during your bridal session. Implying that she was asked to take on full assisting duties is a bit misleading. Regarding video clips; Video Clips provided to you as a free, complimentary item. It was also clearly expressed to you that video clips would be captured at leisure and no particular parts/events of your ceremony and reception were guaranteed- because video clips were complimentary. I am surprised that you expected that any key moments would be videoed knowing photography has a priority over free video clips.

It is unfortunate that due to a memory card malfunction, some photos were lost. We were also devastated by this freak failure. As you stated, we compensated you financially. Money does not replace the memories but it does reflect our intent to do whatever we can to compensate you. Regarding your album; You were instructed to select 40 images +1 image for your cover. As of today, we have yet to receive any of your selections for your album. Please email your selection of 40 images for the inside of your album +1 image selection for the cover so that we can complete your order.

We are striving for perfection knowing that no company is perfect but we do believe we can improve by taking responsibility for our short comings and making necessary adjustments to refine and improve all areas of our services. Once again, thank you and God Bless!

-Andre (Studio Manager)

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

Think twice before you use this vendor service and on the second thought go with someone else! My photos were lost...gone forever. IT COULD HAPPEN TO U.

Sent on 07/04/2014

Lens Out Loud's reply:

Hello Miranda! After some hard work, we are pleased that your wedding photos have been recovered and saved! You have already received your wedding photos and have signed documents confirming delivery of your order. We are very sorry you experienced this scare due to a memory card failure. This was truly a rare occurrence. However, we make sure that our contract protects our brides by ensuring a refund if your images are indeed lost forever due to mechanical failure.

We're pleased this wasn't the case for you! We know you will enjoy your beautiful wedding, engagement and bridal memories for ever. With your copyright print cd of your bridal, engagement and wedding photos, we know you will enjoy printing, copying and sharing your memories forever!

We are confident Wedding Wire will remove this review in light of the fact your images have been recovered and delivered to you. If there is anything more we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Warmly,
    Andre
    Studio Manager

Jose · Married on 09/20/2014

0.5
      0.0

In regards to this company, I just want to say that I DO NOT recommend this company as your photographer for your wedding! Andre was very unprofessional in responding to our emails and our phone calls. My wife would email him, call him and he would not respond to her. He would have every excuse in the book and explain why he couldn't respond. My wife would ask me to email him and call him and text him and he would respond to me but not my wife. Our wedding planner who was organizing our wedding was never able to get a hold of Andre. On the day of our wedding, he sent someone else who had no idea what to do. He was clueless and the pictures were terrible. We reviewed the pictures that he put on his website and it is obvious that when someone is looking down or making a weird face the photographer would look at his camera and say "let's take another one"! Did this happen, no it did not!! Andre and his company was the worst company we hired and we truly regret it. We spent over 2000 dollars and it feels like we lost our money. Please and I say this with pure honesty, if you want a photographer DO NOT hire this company. You DO NOT want this photographer to capture the most important moment of your life. I promise you, you and your significant other will regret it. There is no professionalism in this comonay. If you do, then enter at your own risk and if he doesn't respond to you or something goes wrong, then be prepared for an EXCUSE! But please take my word for it and keep looking somewhere else!

Sent on 11/20/2014