Lens Out Loud Reviews

70 | San Antonio, TX

70 Reviews for Lens Out Loud

Lens Out Loud is the best investment you’ll make for your wedding day! I can definitely say it was the best investment we made. My father is a photographer so I took him to the meeting with us and I’m really glad I did. My Dad was hard to please and after shooting down about 3 other photographers I was really happy when my Dad told me Andre was the best choice. Andre captured EVERYTHING we wanted to remember. I gave Andre a shot list for the family pictures and those are some of the pics I love the most. He was outside of my budget but my Dad was willing to pay because he really felt Andre’s creative eye and attention to detail were more important than my budget. Sooooo glad we saw it that way. By the end of the reception everyone was calling Andre “Dré”. He really meshed in well with everyone and made them all feel like friends. My wedding pictures showed genuine emotion and that was the type of photography I wanted. We did get our proofs in a very timely manner and our album came out perfect. If you are looking for a creative eye and a great personality to work with, we definitely recommend hiring Andre.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Having both Andre and his assistant Brittani involved in our special day was an absolute blessing from start to finish. They were punctual in showing up on time on my wedding day and both were very easy going. They put everyone at easy. Andre was with the groomsmen and Brittani was with us In he bridal suite. I felt very comfortable with the coverage and Andre was good enough to make sure we had a female photographer for us and a male photographer for my husband and his crew. Andre conferenced with us many times to ensure all details were covered. Our photos turned out spectacular. I loved the black and whites especially. I definitely recommend Andre because he made us feel comfortable and gave us fantastic customer service.

Sent on 11/27/2015

Full disclosure here, I have to start off by saying "I do not photograph well" and I was really worried about getting good pictures for our wedding because I thought I was going to ruin my own wedding photos. But, Andre and his assistant Bryan were fantastic. They did a fantastic job of making everything look natural and capturing the moments that we didn’t know even know were happening. We got some absolutely great wedding photos. I am very happy we decided to go with them and would highly recommend them.

Sent on 11/23/2015

There were so many photographers to choose from but believe me when I say Andre is the best decision we could have made for our photographer.

I was speechless when he sent our photos to us. They came out better than I could have imagined. We saw a sneak peek of our photos at the wedding reception when he made a surprise presentation to us. But seen all of the photos now and having the time to look through all of them it really made us realize that we made the right choice in hiring Andre as our photographer for our wedding. We got plenty of candid photos and a lot of creative shots as well. It is just so amazing to look back and see all of the memories many of which we did not remember happening. These photos I will cherish forever. With all of the choices please take the time to look at his galleries. You will not regret it.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Swooooon!!! Just got our wedding photos and we absolutely love them. Working with Andre has been a fun experience. He told us from the beginning to make everything about our wedding journey fun and less stressful. Our engagement portrait session in Gruene, Tx was super fun. Andre created a picnic concept that Cody and myself loved. Super romantic with wine, cheese and our favorite throw blanked. I can't say enough about how Andre made us feel comfortable. Thank you Andre for all of your hard work making our wedding photos look so great.

Juliana · Married on 07/05/2015

My friend is in the event industry in San Antonio and recommended Lens Out Loud. I wanted something memorable and fun when it came to our photography for the wedding. Andre provided so many beautiful photos. The bonus to the great photos was that we also really enjoyed working with him. He is fun and energetic and helped us feel comfortable. I didn't notice him during the ceremony even though him captured great photos, which I actually really appreciated. We just received all the photos and are thrilled with how they turned out- BEAUTIFUL! We are so happy we chose to work with Andre at Lens Out Loud!

Michael · Married on 06/18/2015

Andre is a great photographer to work with. Instantly from the first time meeting Andre, my wife and I were impressed. From the get go we could see that Andre really loves what he does and takes every project to heart. His visions and the way he creates the pictures he takes is second to none. My wife and I feel that his quality is amazing and we love how he captured who we are thru the lens of his camera. Andres pictures of us show our personalities and truely do tell a story. Andre is super easy to work with and is very flexible whether its a payment plan that needs to be set up or if its scheduling a time to meet with him. Andre was very up front about what he can do for us and there was no surprises that he hit us with. His professionalism is outstanding and Andre is a fun guy to work with. He will get you to smile without even trying. Overall I would not recommend anyone else to my friends or family for photography needs. We will definately be using Andre and Lens Out Loud for our future needs.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Casey · Married on 05/09/2015

Andre is incredible at what he does! Our May wedding was the third time I had worked with Andre and he just keeps getting better. He photographed some corporates portraits for us in 2012, then our engagement photos in the Summer of 2015. He really is great to work with and this is why we continue to use him and recommend him to our friends. I love his sense of humor. He has a way of making everything feel effortless. He does a great job managing people and it was not easy considering the size of our wedding party and family. I gave him a heads up about a couple of people in my family who was divorced and estranged from each other and he handled pairing them together along with me and my husband perfectly. Also, he has a great turn around time. I was honestly surprised at how quickly he turned around our photos. What a pleasant surprise. And obviously the results are incredible. JD doesn't use a ton of filters/photoshop to edit his photos. He does a fantastic job creating perfect settings and working with the natural lighting and backdrops wherever he is taking photos. We love working with Andre and are lucky to be able to say that we have been clients of his for over 4 years. We recommend him to anyone who is looking for invaluable, beautiful photos of special moments!
    If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me.

Sent on 12/18/2015

My husband and I are SO grateful that we chose Lens Out Loud to photograph our wedding. We were referred by a friend of our’s who used Andre for her wedding last year and we knew that not only was he friendly and fun but also that he had a SERIOUS passion for photography and making beautiful images that capture both details and emotion, are photographically pristine, and stand the test of time. What made us want to hire the way he worked when he photographed my friend’s wedding. He was always smiling and had plenty of energy and her photos really good. He also was flexible in working together with us to provide a custom package. He was straightforward, open, honest, and detailed with his pricing, policies, and procedure. We did our research and came with plenty of questions. He answered everything and made it all clear for us. Our wedding and engagement portraits were awesome. We had a fun time creating the concept for our shoot. We definitely had a blast. I would definitely say I recommend Andre and his Lens Out Loud team for great photos of your wedding day. Thanks again for the great memories Andre!

Marissa · Married on 05/01/2015

Our special day took a lot of hard work and planning. One of the most important things for me was photography. I did not want to cut corners on photography because so many people told me that will be the only thing we will have to remember our wedding day by. We hired Lens Out Loud because we loved Andre's work. I wanted photos that didn't look so typical and I felt his work was definitely not so typical. On wedding day, he was really good to work with. We have a large family an he was really patient will all of the photos we wanted and he recommended a ton of other arrangements as well. We didn't get a photo of my uncle who was flew in from Chicago. Andre offered to take a quick family session of all of us when my uncle returned to S.A. a few months later. He really didn't have to do that but he insisted that family portraits are ultra important and we took him up on his offer. He was really kind and generous for doing that. I have to say I would recommend him to a bride like me who wants photos that are not typical. Andre is great to work with. Gold Stars for Lens Out Loud!

Sent on 11/24/2015

I had an AMAZING experience using Lens Out Loud!!! I didn’t really know what to expect because this was my first experience with a professional photographer but Andre was amazing. Many of my photos look like they feel straight out of a magazine. I felt so much pressure to have been eautiful, shareable wedding photos and I tried not to worry about that and Andre made me feel relaxed about the entire process. I got my photos a little earlier than expected and that was a great surprise! Thanks Andre, I will always recommend you and will continue to do so!

Sent on 11/21/2015

Andre and his Lens out Loud staff was amazing. I was absolutely pleased with his work. His professionalism put me at ease as a bride. I was so confident in his work I new the was one area of my wedding I didn't have to worry about. Thank you so much.

Sent on 05/03/2015

Laura · Married on 03/28/2015

Andre was very friendly, helpful and professional. He went a step above in service. He exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Grant A. · Married on 02/20/2015

When it comes to photography, it's not how great the camera is, but how skilled is the person behind the camera. When it comes to Andre, I can say with all seriousness, the dude's got skill. By this point Andre has now captured for us, engagement photos, bridal portraits and wedding photography. He has impressed us with each session so far. And even though we haven't seen the final product yet from our wedding, the two he released early to us for Facebook are awesome! Andre has been there for us every step of the way has always stayed in contact. The one time we had a small issue, he stepped it up and went beyond to make sure we were happy. At our ceremony and reception he was all over I know he captured every moment that was important to us. Andre and Lens Out Loud haven't seen the last of us, as we'll be using him for any and all important moments in our lives we want captured. Thanks for all of your hard work Andre! -Grant & Amy-

Sent on 02/25/2015

Dear Amy & Grant,

I don't even know where to begin. To say having you two as clients is a blessing would be an understatement on my part. It was completely refreshing that the both of your were so open to being creative for the engagement session ideas. The California Style Shoot and the 50 Shades of Grey Engagement themed style were amazing. Thank your believing in my abilities and thank you for being troopers throughout the process. Amy you flat our rocked the bridal session at the Sheraton Gunter Hotel. I understood your vision, you understood mine as well we worked together to create bridals that were stunning, classy, elegant and breath taking.

The wedding was a perfect fit that represented the both you perfectly. The two teaser images I sent to both of you are only the tip of the iceberg. Prepare to be wowed when you visit my home studio for the presentation of the photos. I'm honored and blessed that you chose believe in me and my talent. Thanks a million for sharing your experience with Lens Out Loud! Oh and I'll be seeing you soon for maternity and newborn portraits right? lol

Long live your love!
    Andre

Crystal · Married on 12/05/2014

Andre is amazing! He was very helpful and flexible when scheduling our wedding. He made sure that we were happy with our decisions about everything. His personality is very outgoing and he makes you feel comfortable in all situations. He makes the whole photography part of the wedding go by quickly and smoothly and he makes sure that you get the pictures that you want. I recommend him to anyone for any photography needs, his skills are amazing!

Sent on 12/13/2014
  • W

William · Married on 10/26/2014

Andre photographed our daughter’s wedding this past October. Along with my daughter, we interviewed many other photographers but chose Andre for his skillful ability to capture people “in the moment” and for the ease that we felt working with him and his team. We were satisfied with their engagement photo shoot and the family portrait session were enjoyable and easy spirited. When I saw the results I felt so much more comfortable about the future wedding photos. Andre was professional and approachable throughout the entire process. He even agreed to shoot the rehearsal dinner at the bride and groom’s request. By the wedding day everyone felt more relaxed about the photos. I love how he captured the our daughter and new son in law getting dressed before the ceremony. My daughter and son-in-law looked so lovely and happy and relaxed in the pictures. Andre and his crew definitely delivered on his promises. I recommend him with confidence. Thank you, William Ayala

Sent on 12/02/2014
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 10/19/2014

When I got engaged, my first thought was: who will capture the best night of my life and where am I going to find someone who can really create something amazing for us to cherish and pass down to our children?

Finding that special person took a little while, I interviewed several other photographers before meeting Andre and was a little frustrated because I could not find what I was looking for. I don't really remember how I got to Andre, what I do remember is that I was extremely wowed by the work he had displayed on the Lens Out Loud Facebook page and extremely blown away by his work ethics, style and professionalism the day I met him! It was an instant click and without thinking it twice I booked Andre to capture the most important day of my life.

I was more than right trusting my intuition! Working with Andre was incredible, from the pre-wedding meetings, the planing, the inspiration Pinterest boards, to the day of; it was all perfectly crafted and I thought of him as a perfect team mate in making my vision a reality.
    He has an incredibly eye for details and for me that was very important. He captured every single moment, every detail (believe there were many) every emotion, everything!

Andre is not only an excellent professional but an awesome human being and that makes his pictures way more special as he gets his self immersed in the moment, the emotions, the time and place and the results are just incredible! Our wedding reception was full of energy and Andre meshed in with our guests very easily and that was very important to me because we wanted a photographer who would be able to make our guests feel comfortable enough to take photos and capture candid moments.

I would marry again just to have Andre take more pictures! But I’m sure we’ll have little ones on the way soon ;)

Andre, we can't thank you and your Lens Out Loud team enough! Keep on making other brides feel amazing!

Sent on 11/22/2014
  • LaChelle

Lachelle · Married on 10/11/2014

We will never regret having chosen to go with Lens Out Loud. Andre was highly recommended by some mutual friends who used him for their wedding a few years back. We were a bit worried that he was out of state and we were worried that he would have to travel to our wedding from so far away but once we realize he shoots destination weddings OUTSIDE THE US we were definitely not worried about him traveling to the next state for our little wedding. We traveled to San Antonio for our engagement session and my bridal session and we loved every minute of it. It gave us an opportunity to have something different from what every one else in our hometown was doing. Andre went above and beyond for us, that it's not possible to fully explain. He literally became a part of our day, and provided pictures that we could not have imagined. He was more than just our wedding vendor as he has a way of making you feel like family. The care he put in before, the day of, and after, has made he our friends. You can't say that about a lot of people. We were truly blessed to have had him, and we look forward to having him shoot our family going forward. Thank you Andre for giving your whole heart, and making our day even that more special.
    LaChelle & Jeremy

Sent on 11/22/2014

When I saw his work at the bridal show, I knew I wanted to hire Lens Out Loud. We didn’t even have a venue yet and we I called and talked to Andre he told me to just hire a venue first and give him a call. He worked with us on wedding dates because we had a few optional dates. He was very patient while we went looking for venues in a time crunch and even held the date we said we wanted for about a week. Andre and his team were awesome to work with and I cannot say enough good things about him!!! He was the most responsive and most willing to answer my questions.  We didn’t have a planner for our wedding due to budget constraints but Andre and his assistant photographer Barron did an amazing job working with the Dj to make sure everything was done on time and he still took amazing photos.  My mom was very pleased with the family photos and photos of the guests which was really important to us because most of our family was from out of town and he have not seen them in a while.  The wedding day was definitely a blur and there were so many photos of things that I didn’t even remember happening. He will made us feel so calm on our wedding day and told me to focus on my husband being at the end of the isle when I walk down and that’s all that matters. He is very organized and calls us on the week of your wedding for our pre-wedding consultation to make sure he knew EXACTLY what we wanted and to go over any questions we had. He really exceeded my expectations. We got our photos about a week early and that was damn good surprise because were super anxious to see the photos and they were just GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!! I'm so thankful I trusted Lens Out Loud Photography to capture our big day! If you want to work with someone who’ll bend over backward to make you feel comfortable, I definitely recommend hiring Andre and his Lens Out Loud team.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Analissa · Married on 09/28/2014

Andre and Derick are wonderful! I have said many times that THEY were the least trouble out of all the vendors I had to deal with (caterer, venue, etc.) before the wedding. They did not hassle me for details and they understood when my indecisiveness came into play and I told them to do their magic!

They made the day as easy as possible. They had prepared flyers for me to hand out to the wedding party and families with information about the times they needed to be ready for pictures.

The pictures are beautiful! I reviewed pictures of other weddings they had shot and thought they were great. I received pictures of the same quality seen on their website and to my surprise I received my photos 2 weeks earlier than expected!

They are very good at what they do. Due to the size of my wedding Andre recommended 2 photographers. Having two photographers made the day much easier and more enjoyable. They are very personable and know how to have a good laugh and GIVE YOU a good laugh. I'm sure they've seen their fair share of wedding drama and they handle themselves in a wonderful, professional manner considering a few of my family memembers were a bit off putting.

Considering the quality of their work, the amount of time they spend with you, and the fact that I got TWO photographers - the price was totally worth it. It was the most expensive part of my wedding (not by much) and it was the most satisfying part of my wedding (other than being married to my future husband) for sure!

I want to thank Everlasting Elopements for recommending them to me. If you have the budget, I highly recommend working with Andre and his Lens Out Loud team. I do plan to use them in the future for other shoots if possible.

Just all around great guys!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Jen · Married on 09/13/2014

Where to start .... My photography experience was everything i wanted and more! I knew i wanted something different and unique rather than just your average photos, anyone can take pictures but Andres talent brought the pictures to life and brings you back to that very memory!! if i could rate higher than a 5 stars i would! Andre is amazing,friendly,creative and very professional! The best decision i made was hiring him as our photographer! My husband loved him as well! He was a great person to work with made us feel super comfortable in each shoot! His wife veronika also does an amazing job with make up and hair!
    The entire journey was excellent service he was available to us every step of the way! He was also very flexible and affordable! Her was one off the best vendors i had to work with and during the wedding night he joined in with the guests and our wedding party!! it was so much fun and all the guest loved him! Our best man who it's also getting married really wants to hire him as well! He also had a great idea if putting together a Photobooth to help save us money and said he would do all the photography i thought by the line that he would be very annoyed but he smiled and entertained the guests all night and he had a very long line lol he also made time to take pictures of everything!!! I would highly recommend lens out loud to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Marcella · Married on 08/30/2014

Lens Out Loud was the perfect choice in providing quality photography services for our engagement, bridal and wedding portraits. We are proud to show off our excellent quality portraits to family and friends who love them all! Andre was awesome, professional, and very personable! He provided great direction to get the perfect shot. On our wedding day he was energetic and effectively communicated with our wedding party as well as guests which made photography fun!

Sent on 09/10/2014
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 07/19/2014

By far, booking Lens Out Loud was one of the best decisions that we made throughout the entire wedding planning process. Andre's attention to detail is unmatched. He is creative and always willing to go the extra mile for his clientele. I can attest to the fact that ALL of his clients pictures come out looking magazine fabulous. Andre' was able to capture beauty in the smallest of things. There was not one photo that we received that was not above standard. The photos on his website are amazing but the ones that you receive as a client are beyond belief. Aside from his talent, Andre' is personable and charismatic which made the process super relaxing and completely enjoyable.

My advice to any bride is to be very careful/selective with whom you choose to book as your photographer - - because honestly, once the day is done, the lighting will fade, the music will end, the flowers will die and the event will be but a memory shared amongst those who attended. However, your pictures will remain for generations to come and the caliber of those pictures is of the utmost importance. Andre' and the Lens Out Loud family are by far the best photographers in this country. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/13/2014
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 06/28/2014

Wow. It may seem cliché, but Andre is the best photographer ever! My husband & I interviewed SO many people who had nice pictures on their websites, but everything started to look the same. We wanted someone who would capture the real "us", not just put us in a field & take "nice" pictures; our story did not begin in a field! The Lens Out Loud site really caught our eye because everything was so different & refreshing. Andre delivered that same quality we had seen online with our engagement & wedding photos. We got so many compliments that the pictures highlighted our true personalities and were unlike any engagement pictures anyone had seen. That's how it SHOULD be because we are not like any other couple! And Andre didn't just get all of the typical shots at our wedding; he caught all of the craziness that transpired by getting right into the mix of it all. You can find a lot of photographers that will take a pretty picture for you. But if you want the moments to feel like they're jumping off the page and you're reliving them, work with Lens Out Loud. We were so grateful to have him recording our special time. He has been a blast to work with and we look forward to having him document our future important events. Love you, Dre!

Sent on 07/12/2014

Lens Out Loud's reply:

Hey Karen and Alex! You two should put on a seminar to brides about how they can really decorate their wedding in a way that TRULY reflects their lifestyle. Your wedding was the first wedding I've ever seen popcorn bucket and soda props from the Alamo Drafthouse and that's soooo perfect because you guys are huge movie buffs! This was also the first wedding I've shot in which the bride and groom rented old school arcade games. That Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reallllllly took me back. I love the chemistry that you guys bring to the table. It was 100% different and you're right about those cliche engagement shoots in the woods or hay fields are just cookie-cutter and overused. Your Peanuts themed mixed with the Lady and the Tramp was soooo refreshing. It was really cool that we were able to get access inside the Howl At The Moon bar which set the environment just right. Your wedding as fun fun fun and more fun and it proves that a bride doesn't have to have a huge guest list to have an amazing turn out at their wedding. Always remember why you guys love each other and stay true to yourselves. Keep the love strong!
  • Sam

Sam · Married on 06/08/2014

We used Andre and his Lens Out Loud team for our engagement party about a year before our wedding date and we got amazing photos. Our engagement party was held at the Aloft at 410 and Blanco. We heard he did really great work so we gave it a chance. The lighting of our photos was great. He worked the crowd and interacted with our guests very well. One of the photos he took of me sitting with the fellas looked like an advertisement for Grey Goose who actually contacted my fiance about using it on their facebook page. If that's not an indication of how good our photos were, I don't know what is lol.

When we were ready for our wedding on the Riverwalk, we defintely used Lens Out Loud again. We had an intimate ceremony on the Riverwalk and we wanted the best photos possible. We were not disappointed at all. Our photos are amazing. We wish we could could have used him for our destination wedding ceremony in the Dominican Republic but The Hard Rock Resort would not allow outside photographers. REAL BUMMER. So if you're looking for a truly talented photographer, we highly working with Andre and his Lens Out Loud team. See the work for yourself :)

Sent on 07/07/2014

Lens Out Loud's reply:

Hi Sam and Amanda! Thanks for sharing your experiences working with me. I just watched your behind the scenes video the other day... such good memories. I'm at least happy I was able to photograph your engagement party and wedding here in San Antonio. It's a darn shame that resorts like the Hard Rock can be such haters and not allow you to bring in any outside photographers. But hey, I at least feel privileged enough that you guys wanted me to travel along with you. Thanks for the review Sam and Amanda and keep the love strong!