LeMont Reviews

88 | Pittsburgh, PA

88 Reviews for LeMont

Stacey · Married on 06/13/2009

As soon as my now husband and I saw the views from the LeMont, we knew we had to have our wedding reception there. It's truly the Pittsburgh experience. We were treated like royalty from the moment we entered the restaurant. They provided an extensive food tasting experience for our entire family. The day before our wedding we dropped off boxes of cookies and decorations and everything was set up absolutely perfectly the day of our wedding. Many of our guests commented not only on the quality of the food but the quality of the service. We would highly recommend the LeMont to everyone!

Sent on 07/16/2009

Angelo · Married on 07/08/2017

First, The Lemont maybe the prettiest venue in Pittsburgh. The view was awesome. They accommodated all of my guest's dietary needs (vegan, nut allergy, diary allergy, etc). The staff was top notch and got the food out quickly. I had several people tell me that was the best food they've had at a wedding. I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2013

We had an amazing time at LeMont. I didn't have to worry about anything- everything ran so smoothly! It was very easy to get in touch with Tony and Bill and they were really nice and knowledgable about the whole process!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Annica · Married on 07/20/2013

Bill Laughlin, who manages weddings at the Lemont, is a relaxed and friendly guy. But don't let his laid back attitude fool you: He runs a smooth show at the Lemont, and he's very experienced. I doubt if there is any hiccup or odd request that he hasn't handled before.
    My now-husband and I planned our wedding remotely. We live in NYC and did not have a lot of time to commit to logistics and details. Bill and the Lemont made our lives so easy. Signing with the Lemont meant that our venue, appetizers, dinner, cake, booze and set-up would be taken care of by an experienced team, so we could focus on other things. The Lemont provides a series of standard meal options and floor plans, so you don't have to get in the weeds.
    At the same time, for couples who have custom requests, Bill was very flexible on the details we wanted to alter. For example, we didn't want a wedding cake but we did want to serve our guests dessert. No problem. Bill let us sample the desserts from the Lemont's menu and served our selected instead of wedding cake. Bill was also receptive to our request to serve two different soups (even though the options only provide for one) to include vegetarian and non-vegetarian soup options.
    The Lemont was the right choice for us under our circumstances and limitations, and I recommend it on all of the rating scales provided.
    My only disappointment was that the dance floor space was a bit small (we had 120 guests). If your guests are literally willing to cut a rug around the edges of the dance floor, it's not a big deal (or maybe you could relocate the DJ?), but it is better suited to a smaller crowd.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Danielle · Married on 07/09/2011

The LeMont was so wonderful to work with. Bill is the banquet manager I worked most often with. He was extremely easy to get in touch with. He answered all my questions, which I mostly asked through email, very timely! The day of the wedding, everything was set up so beautifully! As soon as we got there, they had hors d’oeuvres for us and the bridal party. They were quick to get us drinks and help us relax a bit before being introduced! It was so fun! There was never a line at the bar, which was great, and I had so many people comment on how attentive the wait staff was! They truly did an amazing job, and I would recommend the LeMont to anyone!

Sent on 08/02/2011

Steve · Married on 10/16/2010

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at the LeMont and highly recommend it for future couples on so many levels. LeMont truly has the overall package: ambiance/reputation, AMAZING views and location, delicious food, and especially the overall quality of service and attentiveness of the staff. Particularly, LeMont's banquet manager, Bill Laughlin, has done countless weddings prior to ours and definitely knows what he is doing- from answering any of our questions throughout the planning process to ensuring that everything ran smoothly on the wedding day. Bill personally waited on us during the dinner and the service was so good that it was almost too much. As a result, Steve and I were able to enjoy ourselves without having to worry about anything which was great. Our guests were also satisfied and we are still receiving alot of postive feedback about their overall experience too.

Pricing varies based on which entree selection/s that you choose to serve, for us that ranged between $26.95 for chicken bruschetta to approx. $36.95 for Filet Mignon. For the quality and amount of food, it was definitely a good value. Another advantage that was great for us was doing the wedding cake through LeMont- which turned out to be beyond my expectations and our guests are STILL raving about. They commission Fenoglietto's who does many of the cakes specifically for the LeMont, Omni William Penn, and other top venues in Pittsburgh. LeMont does charge fees for bringing in an outside cake vendor which we wanted to avoid so it worked out for the best and came in arond $5.50 per slice.

Overall, if you are looking to have an unforgettable experience for your wedding in Pittsburgh, look no further than LeMont.

Sent on 11/02/2010

Autumn · Married on 10/16/2009

Bill and Tony, the event coordinators at Le Mont were extremely helpful and valuable to me during my wedding planning. Bill answered TONS of emails from me (not at all exaggerating) starting well over a year from the wedding.
    The staff used special linens that we dropped off and arranged all of our centerpieces, escort table, wishing tree table, and gift table. They also lit around 150 candles before guests arrived! Bill worked hard to work out our bar cost limit and to make it work so that we could have enough wine served at dinner before the bar turned to a cash bar.

All evening the two coordinators were very attentive to the wedding party and they met all of our needs immediately!

The food was fantastic, I think I like the wedding options even more than the restaurant menu! Everything was elegant, delicious, and quick!
    We were thrilled with the attention and service we received from Le Mont. The room was beautiful and of course the view was stunning. Our guests still comment on the beauty and elegance of the evening! It was the most perfect reception we could have imagined!

Sent on 12/17/2009

3.5

We had our wedding reception at LeMont this past May. Bill Laughlin was very easy to work with and took care of every question and concern I had throughout the planning process. Basically, half of our guests were from New Jersey and they have all said how beautiful the view was from Mt. Washington! We had open bar, hor d'oeuvres, wedding soup, salad, three entree choices, and the wedding cake, which everyone said was exceptional. My husband and I requested to extend the reception an additional hour and it was no problem to do so, which isn't always the case with wedding venues. However there was one issue that I would like to mention. This venue does not have a bridal suite and it was something I knew going into the booking, but we loved the view, so I overlooked it, as a "cigar room" is available for the bridal party to use during cocktail hour(mostly for the groomsmen). With that being said, I arrived to LeMont for our cocktail hour and was greeted by Bill. I was directed to a "restroom" with my BM's to get my dress bustled after asking where to go. It had a small sitting area, dark lighting, and was very warm. It was open to the entire restaurant and diners kept coming in to use the restroom, which was really annoying because we had to move out of the way, stop the bustling process, and start over. Therefore, missing cocktail hour and almost late for introductions. We tried to lock the door, but people kept knocking, which was not a pleasant experience and not what I expected from LeMont. Also, I was never brought a cocktail/hor d'oeuvres until right before introductions and was rushed because of this. This is my only complaint, as I would still recommend LeMont, however I felt it should be addressed for future brides expectations.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Mary K. · Married on 08/13/2016

Wow! What a venue! Even if you've lived in Pittsburgh your entire life, the views from the windows at LeMont are still breathtaking. The ballroom is beautiful so you don't have to do much decorating beyond centerpieces and a few odds-and-ends. Bill and Tony are really, really chill---they're flexible and do everything to make your day perfect. The food was excellent, some of the best food we've ever had at any restaurant let alone a wedding. One comment is that we ordered the beef wellington appetizers and I think they forgot to serve them. Not one of my family members saw them being passed around.
    Our biggest concern going into the day was the alcohol since it's a consumption-based charge. We had about 130 adults at our reception, closed the bar at dinner aside from wine served at the tables, no shots/no top-shelf, no champagne toast and our bill was a little under $7,000 for the alcohol alone. Our crowd was your usual mix of Pittsburgh guests---some who could drink 15 beers without batting an eye and lots of older people who didn't drink at all. I noticed the servers were filling the wine glasses at dinner--like literally topping off the wine glass and I had to ask them to be a little more prudent. Other than that, it was wonderful though! I'd highly recommend this as a venue!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Even 2 years after our wedding, family and friends still make comments about our reception and how wonderful it was!! LeMont did a fantastic job on the entire event and everyone was very professional. For the budget sensitive brides out there... Don't think that this is out of your price range! It is surprisingly affordable considering what a fantastic location it is and the amazing food. We didn't need to decorate at all due to the beautiful scenery and ambiance at the restaurant.

Sent on 10/19/2012
  • KFerg

Kate · Married on 08/14/2010

Wow - how could you not love this location?!?! Almost half of our 120 guests were from out of town, so this was the perfect venue to show off the beautiful city of Pittsburgh! Bill was great to work with and everything was set to perfection. I sent down my Aunt in advance of the reception to give it the "once over" and she said that the room looked absolutely perfect and was set exactly to my instructions.

For the bargain bride - don't write them off right away! I looked at several hotels/museums/reception halls in and around the city of Pittsburgh and this was by far the most affordable. Every other location that we visited had a set minimum amount of guests and/or food revenue. All in all, I had 122 guests and paid less than $10,000 for food - including tip and tax. A lot of other places (like the Priory Grand Hall, Heinz History Museum, etc.) had a food minimum starting at $15k. Plus, due to the location you don't have to pay as much for decorations. Believe me, everyone thought that they were attending this super expensive wedding due to the LeMont's reputation, but it was a bargain for us!

Sent on 08/17/2010

Abby · Married on 11/08/2008

4.2
      3.0

The LeMont's food and view are unbeatable. We had over 200 guests and the food was perfect! Beware of small fees like, cookie traying, cake cutting and extras for certain dishes.

Sent on 11/20/2008

Nico · Married on 08/30/2009

3.8
      3.0

The view was tremendous and the food exquisite. The banquet manager and captain are very professional and pleasant to work with. There was one unexpected inconvenience on the day of our wedding. Although things do happen, I feel could have been handled better. However, it was a nice evening overall.

Sent on 11/21/2009