35 Reviews for Leigh Jay Nacht Inc.

Antique Engag. Rings (3)
Antique Wed. Bands (2)
Antique Accessories (1)
Ring Setting (1)
35 Leigh Jay Nacht Inc. Reviews

Leigh is the BEST. This is THE place to go for engagement rings. There is a reason he has the best reviews on every site.

My fiancé and I wanted to pick out a new setting for my grandmother’s diamond, and we were drawn to the unique vintage recreations at Leigh Jay Nacht. Leigh is incredibly knowledgeable and was able to tell us a great deal about our diamond. After trying on a dozen or so absolutely gorgeous settings, we found the one. Leigh worked intently – so much extra work - to make sure the extra details we asked for were perfect. He also walked us through the process of getting the diamond GIA certified and appraised.

Finding the perfect ring with Leigh is like working with an old friend. Leigh is kind, genuine, enthusiastic, and patient. He has a great passion for what he does and creates a comfortable and homey atmosphere in his showroom. The rings and settings are stunning (and also nicely priced).

My ring is so unique and more than perfect. We can’t wait to go back to find our wedding bands. This was such a joy, and I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Leigh.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect engagement ring with my fiancé, but when I walked into Leigh Jay Nacht's showroom, I knew I didn't have to look any further. They have the most beautiful selection of antique and antique replica rings. I was so tired of seeing the same old standard silver round brilliant cut rings at other places. Here I found my perfect ring: a custom-made rose gold antique replica edwardian ring with a vintage old european cut diamond, with hand-engraved etchings on the sides. I'm completely in love with it, and I get compliments on it all the time. I also got a matching wedding band that is perfect as well. Winona was wonderful to work with and very patient over email and in person with all the many questions I had! Definitely go here if you want a unique vintage style ring! And it's really very affordable compared to other places I went to.

Profile Picture Beth, 6/17/17, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Antique Engag. Rings, Antique Wed. Bands

I could not be happier with the ring or service that my fiance and I received from Leigh Jay Nacht. Leigh spent close to two hours with us as I tried on every ring that caught my eye, and he was unfailingly patient. Once he got a sense for the style of ring that I wanted, he pulled a setting from the safe in back and brought out the most perfect piece--I even got a little emotional the second I put it on my finger, so I knew that was the once. Since I wanted a pink sapphire for my center stone rather than a diamond, he sourced several options until he found the perfect stone. It arrived in the mail today and I could not be happier with it. It is stunning. The team at Leigh Jay Nacht is amazing. Beautiful jewelry selection, incredibly kind and patient staff, and an incredible value for a unique, heirloom ring.

Profile Picture Lauren, 1/7/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Antique Engag. Rings, Ring Setting

I purchased my gorgeous wedding band here. I bought the replica Art Deco wedding band in rose gold. They were so incredibly nice when my husband and I went there to look at rings. They have the most gorgeous jewelry. Thanks again!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 9/17/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

This review is twofold. For starters, they have the best selection of classic and vintage ring styles anywhere (Edwardian, Art Deco, etc). So that part was an obvious plus -I found the ring styles I was interested in immediately. It was a vintage-inspired Edwardian ring in white gold and the diamond was of very high quality just under a carat. Another plus is that the prices are reasonable and they don't overprice for their diamonds or settings.

Second, my experience with my salesperson, Winona, was exemplary. She took the time to educate me on things I hadn't even known and helped me make the right decision. The whole process was easy, stress-free and dare I say, fun! She was always polite, professional and helpful and extremely prompt in returning my emails. Easily the best customer service I have experienced in a long, long time - not to mention in an industry where you might not expect it!

Profile Picture Matthew, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

We did our engagement ring search solely online, which was a little scary. I couldn't find the vintage style ring that I was looking for in the traditional ring shops. LJN had amazing selection in antique and replica rings and spanned every price range! They answered our questions quickly and thoroughly and shipping was speedy! We're thrilled with my engagement ring - I get so many compliments on the unique style. We couldn't be happier with the service and product that LJN deliever!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 10/16/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

We had a stone we wanted to set and I knew I wanted vintage/vintage reproduction. I grew up in NYC and knew I was going to go to the diamond district because I am a savvy shopper and knew the craziness was worth slogging through. I knew of Leigh Jay Nacht and began staring at various rings on their site about a year prior to our first visit.

We came into NY for the day and went to their new, serene showroom where Leigh spent almost 2 hours with us. I couldn't see the forest for the trees, there were so many beautiful options. In fact, it took me three visits to the showroom to make my final decision. I have always known that I want to wear my rings 24/7 so the comfort is as important to me as the aesthetics. I was sweating the details! I worked retail for years and I have to tell you that their staff have the most patient, gentle demeanors. Not only did they never once make me feel uncomfortable due to my waffling, but they seemed to truly emphasize. They wanted me to be completely happy.

My engagement ring arrived yesterday. I waited for my fiancé to come home and slip it on my finger. I can't stop staring at it and neither can he LOL. We are beyond thrilled. The ring is a culmination of a long search and yet, now that it is on my finger, it is like it is home. There couldn't have been another choice!

Buying an engagement ring is a huge undertaking. So much comes into play. Budget, style, wearability...it can be stressful - but it can also be an enormously fun and educational experience! I know not everyone can make it into the showroom, and indeed they can service you from afar, but if you can make it into NY for the day I highly encourage you to do so. The experience can end up being one of the highlights of your planning!Leigh and Winona, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. There is a piece of LJN with us everyday and will be for years to come.

Profile Picture Dede, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

We went to Leigh Jay Nacht for both the engagement ring and our wedding rings. Winona was informative and knowledgeable without being pushy and she helped us pick out the perfect rings. We also received a 10% discount for being repeat customers. Leigh Jay Nacht really is the perfect place for vintage style rings, but note that you can find non-vintage style rings (for instance, my husband's wedding ring, which is plain, but very much his style). I went to their showroom the Friday before the wedding to get my ring cleaned and both Leigh and Winona gave me hugs and congratulated me on the day. They have very personal service and reasonable prices-both were very much appreciated.

Profile Picture User5348146, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Antique Accessories, Antique Engag. Rings, Antique Wed. Bands

Winona at Leigh Jay Nacht is amazing. We emailed her that we were looking for a sapphire and gave her an idea of settings we were interested in. We made an appointment with her and she had a number of different sapphires and settings, but also brought ones different from what we asked for, because she thought we might like them based on what she could tell from our tastes. We picked out one of the sapphires and a setting we hadn't thought of, but was exactly what we'd been picturing we wanted!! She made the engagement ring beautifully and so of course we went back to her for our bands, which she gave us a 10% discount on because we'd gotten our engagement ring there. She always offers to clean and polish the rings for free, and she's so responsive over email. Also, when I had to have my ring polished the week of my wedding and our schedules were crazy, she stayed an extra hour and a half at work just so I could get there and pick up my ring! Both the quality and service here are amazing. Go to to them if you're in the city! They are in the diamond district.

Profile Picture Mara, 2/15/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

Working with Winona was amazing! We purchased a vintage Tiffany ring and it was a home run. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her from half way across the country for the engagement ring and wedding band to create the perfect matching set! You can't go wrong and she knows her stuff!

Profile Picture Rusty, 11/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

My fiance and I spent a lot of time searching for a truly vintage engagement ring. When we found the perfect one, they were terrific with working with us to make it perfect. In order to make the ring a surprise they had said the ring I fell in love with was sold, but we could make a replica. It is an amazing ring and I could not be happier.

Profile Picture Angela, 9/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

Both my engagement ring and wedding band are from LJN. I cannot say enough good things about this store. The selection is unique, beautiful and well priced. I never felt pressured or rushed there, which is something I cannot say about most jewelry stores in NY. The staff is so helpful and patient. I hope I'll be receiving other gifts from there in the future:)

Profile Picture Kerry, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

After a great experience at Leigh Jay Nacht getting my engagement ring, we knew we’d return there for our wedding bands. We spontaneously popped in on a Tuesday morning and were assisted in picking the perfect wedding bands, which were in our hands a little more than 2 weeks later and in plenty of time for our wedding ceremony. We always find the service at Leigh Jay Nacht impeccable, and their jewelry stunning. Hope we have another reason to purchase more from them in the near future.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/18/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

I wasn't sure about ordering a ring online without getting to see it in person, so we actually went to New York City to visit Leigh Jay Nacht showroom in person. The building was a little weird, but inside the showroom there were the most gorgeous antique style rings I've ever seen. They're just as pretty in person as they are online. You don't need an appointment. We paid by check in order to get the cash discount.

Winona was so helpful in choosing a wedding band and so easy to work with. My band came within a few weeks of ordering it. We definitely will buy jewelry from here again (although probably won't fly to New York to do it).

Profile Picture User3288883, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

Leigh Jay Nacht has beautiful jewelry and fantastic customer service. My fiance got my engagement ring here (I was not part of that shopping trip) and we went back to get our wedding bands there. Winona, the sales representative we worked with, was amazing. Super responsive and very friendly. She helped us find exactly what we wanted, including a ring that perfectly matches and complements my gorgeous antique engagement ring.

Profile Picture Faith, 6/7/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

We purchased both an antique engagement ring and a reproduction band. They are absolutely gorgeous. I frequently have strangers ask to look at my ring as its unique, delicate, pretty and perfect. Winona did a great job helping my husband select an engagement ring and in selecting options for a of wedding bands that would work with my ring.
When the engagement ring needed a resizing, the service was quick and friendly. When we decided to also purchase a wedding band for me, it was ready in a week or so and the two look wonderful together. Winona was helpful in providing information on alternative metal bands, even though it is an item they don't sell, as my husband was interested in this kind of ring.

Profile Picture Tara, 5/3/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

My fiance and wanted my engagement ring to be different and I've always loved antique jewelry so after months of me checking out Leigh Jay Nacht's website we decided to take a trip to the show room in NY. We are not "NYC" people and get overwhelmed. After a train ride and getting lost in the city in the July heat we finally made it to the show room. As soon as we met Wynonna and started to talk about what we were looking for I immediately felt relaxed and trusted her. She new exactly which rings I was looking for when I described them and she showed me others based on the style that I liked. She took us over to the set up where they photograph the rings and took pictures of the three that I liked the most from different angels and emailed us with the details as well as information about diamonds that we could upgrade too. I loved the experience and would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Kari, 5/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

They made the engagement ring, both wedding bands, and wedding earrings for us for our March 2014 wedding. Everything was beautiful and they were so helpful in designing each element with us. Their prices were reasonable and their settings are beautiful. They were also extremely friendly and provided no pressure service, which the groom and I appreciated very much. If you love Art Deco design, then this is the place for you!

Profile Picture User3106824, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

Leigh and his staff were so wonderful and patient with us as we looked for our wedding bands. They were so sincere and worked around our budget. Our wedding bands turned out to be so beautiful! Thank you Leigh Jay Nacht!

Profile Picture User3151304, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

When choosing a ring, I wanted something both classic and unique. It also was very important to me that my diamond was conflict free (diamonds mined over fifty years ago are conflict free). I can't be happier with the engagement ring my husband purchased from Leigh Jay Nacht. Leigh Jay Nacht has a wonderful selection, and great pictures and descriptions on their website so you really have a clear picture of what you are buying. There is just something about vintage rings that are more personalized and special than modern day rings that were most likely made in an industrial environment. I am often complemented on my ring, and couldn't be more pleased that it is truly one of a kind.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 10/12/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

My husband surprised me with a wedding. He ordered my engagement ring and wedding band from Leigh Jay Nacht. I absolutely love my engagement ring, but the band my husband picked out didn't seem to fit with the engagement ring. I called Winona and explained to her why I was looking for something different. She spent a long time on the phone with me and made multiple suggestions. She decided she had the perfect idea for me. She would use a simple vintage band they had and have it hand engraved to match my engagement ring. While I loved this idea, I was skeptical not being able to see what the ring would look like before it was done. So Winona sent me the ring (free of charge) to try on before it was engraved. I sent it back and gave her the go ahead. Shortly after, I received the finished ring, and it was PERFECT. It was even more perfect than I imagined. This place is awesome and easy to work with even if you don't live in the area.

Profile Picture Jill, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

Beautiful and unique rings! I love that no one has an engagement ring or wedding band that looks anything like mine! They are both beautifully made. I really appreciated that Wionna only showed us rings that were in our budget. That was really respectful and helpful.

Profile Picture Bridget, 4/13/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

We were looking for the highest quality pure Paladium wedding band for my fiance and found it at Leigh Jay Nacht. They are very professional in the store and have beautiful antique jewelry at a great value!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

The drive to NYC (from Boston) was worth it for an engagement ring from Leigh. His work is beautiful and we ended up ordering a wedding band from the website to match.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/22/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

I fell in love with an engagement ring on Leigh Jay Nacht's website many years ago. My fiance and I went to New York to make sure it was the right ring. Leigh and his employee's were very helpful and professional. They answered all of our questions and made us feel very comfortable. The only thing we had a hard time with was trying to get an appointment. My finance and I both worked Mon- Fri and Leigh's showroom was only opened 1 Saturday a month and not always the same Saturday. It was still worth the wait and we ended up getting my dream engagement ring and wedding band from him. I am constantly receiving compliments on my ring to this day! If you are looking for a stunning ring with an antique feel this is the place to go.

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/26/12, 9 Reviews