Leigh Jay Nacht Inc. Reviews

35 | New York, NY

35 Reviews for Leigh Jay Nacht Inc.

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2017

Leigh is the BEST. This is THE place to go for engagement rings. There is a reason he has the best reviews on every site.

My fiancé and I wanted to pick out a new setting for my grandmother’s diamond, and we were drawn to the unique vintage recreations at Leigh Jay Nacht. Leigh is incredibly knowledgeable and was able to tell us a great deal about our diamond. After trying on a dozen or so absolutely gorgeous settings, we found the one. Leigh worked intently – so much extra work - to make sure the extra details we asked for were perfect. He also walked us through the process of getting the diamond GIA certified and appraised.

Finding the perfect ring with Leigh is like working with an old friend. Leigh is kind, genuine, enthusiastic, and patient. He has a great passion for what he does and creates a comfortable and homey atmosphere in his showroom. The rings and settings are stunning (and also nicely priced).

My ring is so unique and more than perfect. We can’t wait to go back to find our wedding bands. This was such a joy, and I cannot say enough good things about our experience with Leigh.

Sent on 04/06/2018

Beth · Married on 06/17/2017

I spent a lot of time looking for the perfect engagement ring with my fiancé, but when I walked into Leigh Jay Nacht's showroom, I knew I didn't have to look any further. They have the most beautiful selection of antique and antique replica rings. I was so tired of seeing the same old standard silver round brilliant cut rings at other places. Here I found my perfect ring: a custom-made rose gold antique replica edwardian ring with a vintage old european cut diamond, with hand-engraved etchings on the sides. I'm completely in love with it, and I get compliments on it all the time. I also got a matching wedding band that is perfect as well. Winona was wonderful to work with and very patient over email and in person with all the many questions I had! Definitely go here if you want a unique vintage style ring! And it's really very affordable compared to other places I went to.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Lauren · Married on 01/07/2017

I could not be happier with the ring or service that my fiance and I received from Leigh Jay Nacht. Leigh spent close to two hours with us as I tried on every ring that caught my eye, and he was unfailingly patient. Once he got a sense for the style of ring that I wanted, he pulled a setting from the safe in back and brought out the most perfect piece--I even got a little emotional the second I put it on my finger, so I knew that was the once. Since I wanted a pink sapphire for my center stone rather than a diamond, he sourced several options until he found the perfect stone. It arrived in the mail today and I could not be happier with it. It is stunning. The team at Leigh Jay Nacht is amazing. Beautiful jewelry selection, incredibly kind and patient staff, and an incredible value for a unique, heirloom ring.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Melissa · Married on 09/17/2016

I purchased my gorgeous wedding band here. I bought the replica Art Deco wedding band in rose gold. They were so incredibly nice when my husband and I went there to look at rings. They have the most gorgeous jewelry. Thanks again!!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Matthew · Married on 07/16/2016

This review is twofold. For starters, they have the best selection of classic and vintage ring styles anywhere (Edwardian, Art Deco, etc). So that part was an obvious plus -I found the ring styles I was interested in immediately. It was a vintage-inspired Edwardian ring in white gold and the diamond was of very high quality just under a carat. Another plus is that the prices are reasonable and they don't overprice for their diamonds or settings.

Second, my experience with my salesperson, Winona, was exemplary. She took the time to educate me on things I hadn't even known and helped me make the right decision. The whole process was easy, stress-free and dare I say, fun! She was always polite, professional and helpful and extremely prompt in returning my emails. Easily the best customer service I have experienced in a long, long time - not to mention in an industry where you might not expect it!

Sent on 07/30/2015
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 10/16/2015

We did our engagement ring search solely online, which was a little scary. I couldn't find the vintage style ring that I was looking for in the traditional ring shops. LJN had amazing selection in antique and replica rings and spanned every price range! They answered our questions quickly and thoroughly and shipping was speedy! We're thrilled with my engagement ring - I get so many compliments on the unique style. We couldn't be happier with the service and product that LJN deliever!

Sent on 09/12/2015

Dede · Married on 09/05/2015

We had a stone we wanted to set and I knew I wanted vintage/vintage reproduction. I grew up in NYC and knew I was going to go to the diamond district because I am a savvy shopper and knew the craziness was worth slogging through. I knew of Leigh Jay Nacht and began staring at various rings on their site about a year prior to our first visit.

We came into NY for the day and went to their new, serene showroom where Leigh spent almost 2 hours with us. I couldn't see the forest for the trees, there were so many beautiful options. In fact, it took me three visits to the showroom to make my final decision. I have always known that I want to wear my rings 24/7 so the comfort is as important to me as the aesthetics. I was sweating the details! I worked retail for years and I have to tell you that their staff have the most patient, gentle demeanors. Not only did they never once make me feel uncomfortable due to my waffling, but they seemed to truly emphasize. They wanted me to be completely happy.

My engagement ring arrived yesterday. I waited for my fiancé to come home and slip it on my finger. I can't stop staring at it and neither can he LOL. We are beyond thrilled. The ring is a culmination of a long search and yet, now that it is on my finger, it is like it is home. There couldn't have been another choice!

Buying an engagement ring is a huge undertaking. So much comes into play. Budget, style, wearability...it can be stressful - but it can also be an enormously fun and educational experience! I know not everyone can make it into the showroom, and indeed they can service you from afar, but if you can make it into NY for the day I highly encourage you to do so. The experience can end up being one of the highlights of your planning!

Leigh and Winona, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. There is a piece of LJN with us everyday and will be for years to come.

Sent on 06/06/2015

We went to Leigh Jay Nacht for both the engagement ring and our wedding rings. Winona was informative and knowledgeable without being pushy and she helped us pick out the perfect rings. We also received a 10% discount for being repeat customers. Leigh Jay Nacht really is the perfect place for vintage style rings, but note that you can find non-vintage style rings (for instance, my husband's wedding ring, which is plain, but very much his style). I went to their showroom the Friday before the wedding to get my ring cleaned and both Leigh and Winona gave me hugs and congratulated me on the day. They have very personal service and reasonable prices-both were very much appreciated.

Sent on 10/31/2015

Mara · Married on 02/15/2015

Winona at Leigh Jay Nacht is amazing. We emailed her that we were looking for a sapphire and gave her an idea of settings we were interested in. We made an appointment with her and she had a number of different sapphires and settings, but also brought ones different from what we asked for, because she thought we might like them based on what she could tell from our tastes. We picked out one of the sapphires and a setting we hadn't thought of, but was exactly what we'd been picturing we wanted!! She made the engagement ring beautifully and so of course we went back to her for our bands, which she gave us a 10% discount on because we'd gotten our engagement ring there. She always offers to clean and polish the rings for free, and she's so responsive over email. Also, when I had to have my ring polished the week of my wedding and our schedules were crazy, she stayed an extra hour and a half at work just so I could get there and pick up my ring! Both the quality and service here are amazing. Go to to them if you're in the city! They are in the diamond district.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Rusty · Married on 11/14/2014

Working with Winona was amazing! We purchased a vintage Tiffany ring and it was a home run. It was an absolute pleasure to work with her from half way across the country for the engagement ring and wedding band to create the perfect matching set! You can't go wrong and she knows her stuff!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Kerry · Married on 09/13/2014

Both my engagement ring and wedding band are from LJN. I cannot say enough good things about this store. The selection is unique, beautiful and well priced. I never felt pressured or rushed there, which is something I cannot say about most jewelry stores in NY. The staff is so helpful and patient. I hope I'll be receiving other gifts from there in the future:)

Sent on 12/19/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/18/2014

After a great experience at Leigh Jay Nacht getting my engagement ring, we knew we’d return there for our wedding bands. We spontaneously popped in on a Tuesday morning and were assisted in picking the perfect wedding bands, which were in our hands a little more than 2 weeks later and in plenty of time for our wedding ceremony. We always find the service at Leigh Jay Nacht impeccable, and their jewelry stunning. Hope we have another reason to purchase more from them in the near future.

Sent on 07/27/2014

I wasn't sure about ordering a ring online without getting to see it in person, so we actually went to New York City to visit Leigh Jay Nacht showroom in person. The building was a little weird, but inside the showroom there were the most gorgeous antique style rings I've ever seen. They're just as pretty in person as they are online. You don't need an appointment. We paid by check in order to get the cash discount.

Winona was so helpful in choosing a wedding band and so easy to work with. My band came within a few weeks of ordering it. We definitely will buy jewelry from here again (although probably won't fly to New York to do it).

Sent on 09/18/2014
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 05/03/2014

We purchased both an antique engagement ring and a reproduction band. They are absolutely gorgeous. I frequently have strangers ask to look at my ring as its unique, delicate, pretty and perfect. Winona did a great job helping my husband select an engagement ring and in selecting options for a of wedding bands that would work with my ring.
    When the engagement ring needed a resizing, the service was quick and friendly. When we decided to also purchase a wedding band for me, it was ready in a week or so and the two look wonderful together. Winona was helpful in providing information on alternative metal bands, even though it is an item they don't sell, as my husband was interested in this kind of ring.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Kari · Married on 05/02/2014

My fiance and wanted my engagement ring to be different and I've always loved antique jewelry so after months of me checking out Leigh Jay Nacht's website we decided to take a trip to the show room in NY. We are not "NYC" people and get overwhelmed. After a train ride and getting lost in the city in the July heat we finally made it to the show room. As soon as we met Wynonna and started to talk about what we were looking for I immediately felt relaxed and trusted her. She new exactly which rings I was looking for when I described them and she showed me others based on the style that I liked. She took us over to the set up where they photograph the rings and took pictures of the three that I liked the most from different angels and emailed us with the details as well as information about diamonds that we could upgrade too. I loved the experience and would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/07/2013

They made the engagement ring, both wedding bands, and wedding earrings for us for our March 2014 wedding. Everything was beautiful and they were so helpful in designing each element with us. Their prices were reasonable and their settings are beautiful. They were also extremely friendly and provided no pressure service, which the groom and I appreciated very much. If you love Art Deco design, then this is the place for you!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Leigh and his staff were so wonderful and patient with us as we looked for our wedding bands. They were so sincere and worked around our budget. Our wedding bands turned out to be so beautiful! Thank you Leigh Jay Nacht!

Sent on 11/12/2013
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 10/12/2013

When choosing a ring, I wanted something both classic and unique. It also was very important to me that my diamond was conflict free (diamonds mined over fifty years ago are conflict free). I can't be happier with the engagement ring my husband purchased from Leigh Jay Nacht. Leigh Jay Nacht has a wonderful selection, and great pictures and descriptions on their website so you really have a clear picture of what you are buying. There is just something about vintage rings that are more personalized and special than modern day rings that were most likely made in an industrial environment. I am often complemented on my ring, and couldn't be more pleased that it is truly one of a kind.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Jill · Married on 10/12/2013

My husband surprised me with a wedding. He ordered my engagement ring and wedding band from Leigh Jay Nacht. I absolutely love my engagement ring, but the band my husband picked out didn't seem to fit with the engagement ring. I called Winona and explained to her why I was looking for something different. She spent a long time on the phone with me and made multiple suggestions. She decided she had the perfect idea for me. She would use a simple vintage band they had and have it hand engraved to match my engagement ring. While I loved this idea, I was skeptical not being able to see what the ring would look like before it was done. So Winona sent me the ring (free of charge) to try on before it was engraved. I sent it back and gave her the go ahead. Shortly after, I received the finished ring, and it was PERFECT. It was even more perfect than I imagined. This place is awesome and easy to work with even if you don't live in the area.

Sent on 09/18/2014

Bridget · Married on 04/13/2013

Beautiful and unique rings! I love that no one has an engagement ring or wedding band that looks anything like mine! They are both beautifully made. I really appreciated that Wionna only showed us rings that were in our budget. That was really respectful and helpful.

Sent on 10/15/2013

We were looking for the highest quality pure Paladium wedding band for my fiance and found it at Leigh Jay Nacht. They are very professional in the store and have beautiful antique jewelry at a great value!

Sent on 12/30/2012

Sara · Married on 12/09/2011

I knew that I wanted a vintage inspired engagement ring, but not an actual antique that had been worn by someone else. We started looking on the internet to get some ideas and see if there were any places that made replicas and we stumbled upon antiqueengagementrings.com. I flagged the website and my husband ended up ordering the most beautiful ring ever from Leigh Jay Nacht. To this day, I cannot stop staring at it. When it was time to find the band, we went back into the city to visit Leigh. I knew nothing else would match the stunning engagement ring and I couldn't wait to visit Leigh for myself. The hardest part was choosing which one I wanted! I am constantly complimented on my rings and most people think they are actually antiques because they are so beautifully designed and crafted. The workmanship is incredible with hand etching and high quality diamonds. I cannot recommend Leight Jay Nacht enough! He is wonderful to work with and I fully trust and adore his work.

Sent on 02/20/2012

Kevin · Married on 07/16/2011

Absolutely Fantastic, we had something special in mind and they delivered our every wish. Our engagement and wedding rings are truly great.

Sent on 08/03/2011

Dave · Married on 04/16/2011

I got my wedding ring from them. I saw a beautiful blue sapphire ring on their website antiqueengagementrings.com and I though it was so lovely I decided to get it instead of the traditional plain band. I went to their store in NYC and checked it out in person and bought it then and there. The owner was there and very patient and nice. A very good experience.

Sent on 04/26/2011

Adriana · Married on 10/27/2007

Leigh is awesome. He was not only patient and accommodating, but his rings are stunning. He has real antiques, as well as replications made from the antique sterling silver castings used to make the originals in the early 20th century. Because he can make these one of a kind rings from scratch, he can customize things. I love my ring, and will continue to for the rest of my life, knowing that it is truly unique.

Sent on 12/19/2007