Leigh Florist Reviews

119 | Audubon, NJ

119 Reviews for Leigh Florist

tanya · Married on 08/15/2008

The did a wonderful job! I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/18/2008
  • Y

Yongsil · Married on 08/05/2006

3.5

My flowers were beautiful. I had black magic roses and calla lilies. She took her time and listen to what I had in mind and showed me all types of flowers and arrangements. She was very flexible and worked with me until we found the right one. She came with the flowers the day of the wedding and they were very fresh and nicely arranged. The price was a little bit expensive, but well worth it.

Sent on 03/02/2008
  • Becca

Becca Clipper · Married on 10/12/2019

Stunning Floral Arrangements!

The artists at Leigh Florist seriously know their craft. I was very picky and not great at expressing exactly what I wanted for my wedding flowers -- fall but more harvesty and not halloweeny, but they understood my vision and delivered some of the most stunning arrangements I have ever seen! I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Julia · Married on 08/30/2014

The team at Leigh florists did an excellent job. They are not the cheapest florists around, but there is quality to their work. Mallory is wonderfully responsive and personable and Denise did a great job working with my handmade centerpieces to create a great arrangement that reflected the overall vibe/theme of our wedding.

Sent on 09/17/2014

Donna · Married on 04/14/2013

I came across Leigh Florist by an email notification from a wedding planning site. They were the last of 4 florists I met with and they blew me away with the value. Denise really captured the vision I was going for and I was so excited to see it all come together. And to think that I was traveling all over looking for the perfect match and there were Denise and her staff right around the corner! I HIGHLY recommend Leigh Florist!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Bethany · Married on 01/17/2010

I was introduced to Leigh Florist via my wedding planner. I asked her to suggest the best "bang for your buck" decent florist. Honestly, flowers were not my priority at the wedding. But Denise at Leigh florist did a great job.

I provided pics and my "inspiration board" combining fruit and flowers. We had tall vases with varieties of fruits and red flowers to my specifications. Everything was modern with clean lines and beautiful arrangements. I was surprised to see roses present, and we had decided on "no roses." But everything looked beautiful.

Denise also ordered candles and candelabras for the ceremony decor which suited my particular style very well. All of the deliveries and setup were on time and went well. I had several additions at the last minute, and Denise was quite accommodating. I would use them again.

Sent on 02/11/2010
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/08/2013

3.5

We had originally gone with another florist and after price quotes and a sample center piece we were very unhappy. Needless to say we were a little apprehensive going to Leigh to check things out. However, Leigh Florist was absolutely wonderful in pretty much every aspect. Denise was a joy to work with. Her calm and kind demeanor made choosing floral arrangements stress free and easy. The shop is very unassuming which makes it even more comfortable and put us at ease immediately. They are definitely not an inexpensive shop but you get what you pay for and the arrangements were top notch. We went in with almost no idea what we wanted after our original florist let us down and Denise was quick to give advice and her ideas turned out beautifully. Thank you Leigh! Your arrangements and bouquets were outstanding!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Leigh Florist's reply:

Thank you for your feedback Elizabeth! We are happy to help, and we hope you are doing well!

Jaime · Married on 11/07/2009

WOW! My flowers were amazing. Denise did a fantastic job - and I could tell the detail was added to each and every floral arrangement.
    Thanks Denise and team! :) You added so much color to my special day!

Sent on 12/01/2009

Amanda · Married on 06/04/2011

3.5

We used Leigh for our bouquets and altar arrangement. The flowers were beautiful, though not the color I was looking for. The bouquets were also not delivered to the right location and the altar arrangement was not what had been communicated. I feel that for what we got for the altar was way overpriced. However, Denise was flexible with my requested changes a week before the wedding - even if they didn't come out as I wanted them to.

Sent on 06/10/2011

Jennifer · Married on 05/23/2009

Denise was really willing to work with my budget and provided beautiful flowers for the wedding.

Sent on 06/19/2009

Jein · Married on 05/24/2008

3.5

The flowers for my bridesmaids were wonderful. My own bouquet was beautiful, but I was little disappointed that the buttoner's for the men showed up wilted. The heat must have really done a number on them, not to mention they showed up in a enclosed box. The reception flowers were also very lovely. I am not really a flower person, but I loved how the flowers I chose complimented the girls outfits. The only downer is that in order to get what you really want - the price can be expensive. The owner was great - and in the end she came down in her price when I said I couldn't afford her original quote. She let me go on and on about what I wanted ( I gave her my budget) and then she tallied up the total at the end. Obviously when I went over in the price she gave me a little bit of an attitude (sorta like I wasted her time).

She emailed me later in the week with the new price and I accepted. It was almost 1500$ cheaper!

When the flowers arrived - everything was wonderful. They were on time, and the flowers came with vases for the girls to keep too.

Sent on 07/29/2008

2.0

My wedding was at the beginning of May and there are a few things that really made me underwhelmed and questioning exactly what it was I asked for.
    1. The bridal bouquet had white and hints of green hydrangeas. This really would not have been the worst thing in the world if throughout both our meetings I made it VERY clear I wanted a monochromatic color scheme of all pinks...NO WHITE or GREEN showing at all. You see, my dress was ivory and hints of dark teal surrounded the evening and I knew the green of florals would clash greatly with my color palate. This was very disappointing...but I let it go.
    The delivery man dropped off the bouquets and I have read in other reviews that they actually showed the girls how to hold them, etc. After I tipped the driver, he just left with not a word about the arrangements. We figured out AFTER the wedding that the girls' bouquets actually allowed for the ribbon to be moved all the way down the stems. We didn't know this and so the green floral stems were showing the WHOLE time.

2. The Boutineers of the groom, groomsmen, and dads, as well as the mother and grandmother wristlets WERE AMAZING!!!!! They were so beautiful and perfectly constructed. I was in awe as to how gorgeous those looked.

3. It almost seemed like they spent more time on certain aspects and "forgot" about the rest. When we walked into the ballroom for the ceremony, the upstairs cocktail tables had gorgeous low arrangements of PINK hydrangeas, gerbers, and rinoculi. Oh my gosh, they were stunning. How shocked do you think I was then, to walk downstairs to the reception space and find that our parents tables had a low vase of gerber daisies haphazardly placed inside. ON OUR PARENT'S TABLES!!! The tall rental vase arrangements were amazing! But everything else looked sloppy and not well constructed. I definitely felt it looked as though they might have mismanaged time ...

i would recommend, just check in more frequently than i did

Sent on 05/25/2014

Leigh Florist's reply:

Thank you very much for your review. We created various size arrangements to create variation throughout the room, and we are sorry the smaller arrangements ended up on your parents tables. We wish we could have had a floor plan so this could have been avoided. But your feedback is much appreciated, and we wish you all the best for a happy and wonderful future!

Sofia · Married on 08/01/2008

2.0

Denise was certainly very sweet and nice to work with, however she claimed she was giving me a discount since my wedding planner recommended her, and she definately was not. I felt she was a little over priced and i was shocked when she told me she was not going to be able to get me the flowers I needed to see a mock up. Infact she did not really want to do mock ups at all even through i wanted to pay for them. However, on the day of the wedding, everything was beautiful and she did an amazing job. She was reliable and did a very good job.

Sent on 09/01/2008

Tricia · Married on 10/04/2008

3.4
      2.5

My flowers were gorgeous but I think they were highly overpriced. I thought my bouquet would be slightly larger compared to my bridesmaids and they were pretty much the same size. The bridesmaid's bouquets were worth the money spent by not my bouquet. Also, the wrong flowers were used for the bridemaid's, but I opted not to say anything because it was just easier that way.

Sent on 12/05/2008

3.2
      1.0

I chose Leigh Florist because I was looking for someone who was dependable. The florist was located near the place of ceremony, and the florist had delivered flowers there many times before. Therefore, the situation sounded promising. The owner, Denise, was willing to meet with me many times to iron out all of the details of my wedding day. She was quick to respond to phone calls and/or e-mails. She provided the flowers for my bridal party, family, and church decorations. When the flowers were actually delivered, they were MUCH smaller in proportion than I had expected. A sample display was suppose to be shown to me ahead of time, but Denise was unable to get the flowers. She said the company (from which she orders) did not have them in stock. Anyway, I definitely was charged an outrageous price for the quality/amount of flowers that I received! The church flowers looked like they had been thrown together last minute. Besides that, my mother's corsage was wilted within a few hours. My advice is to get a sample made ahead of time so that you are both on the same page. Also, visit several florists to compare prices before booking one. Good luck!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Julie · Married on 03/06/2010

2.6
      2.5
      3.0

The vendor provided me with 1. purple flowers, and 2. a lot of greenery, 2 things I specifically asked to NOT HAVE. The arrangements were nice, but not what I was looking for. The florist did not listen and did not show much creativity. This would have been OK, but for the excessive prices. Go somewhere else for what they charge.

Sent on 03/17/2010

2.6

Sent on 09/23/2012

Lara · Married on 04/13/2018

1.2
      1.5
      0.5

Horrible experience, I regret using them for our wedding. My bouquets looked nothing like the inspiration photo or style that we discussed and in the contract. ** Picture below compares the photo of my bouquet in my contract versus what I received from them on my wedding day. I paid $280 for that bouquet alone. **

After my wedding I contacted Mallory and she admitted (in writing) that the eucalyptus supply (2 kinds) had been limited for months so thats why it was missing. She did not call or email me and explain prior to the wedding.. I would have understood that it was out of their control. Instead they "did what they could with the supply they had" - exact words.
    I would have appreciated the consideration of a phone call, at least. or at least a refund for the flowers they could not get. I was overcharged, and they did absolutely nothing to make things right.
    Aside from the missing items, the bouquets were way too tight, too round, and all the bridesmaid bouquets were uneven and just awkward looking.
    I had high hopes for this place but was really disappointed. It didn't seem like they cared at all, which was disappointing and unexpected.

Sent on 05/06/2018

Lyndsay · Married on 05/31/2014

0.2
      0.0

I contracted with leigh florist months before my wedding and had two meetings to go over what we wanted. Both meetings I provided pictures. We went over the vases that would be used for our centerpieces etc. On the day of...my flowers (bride) were the same size as the bridesmaids (extremely small!!!) and the colors of the flowers were wrong. When I contacted Leigh's flowers that day extremely upset, they made a new arrangement for that was an appropriate size and the correct colors. I was very unhappy with the size of the bridesamids arrangements, they were the same size as a toss bouquet but very expensive! When we got to our reception we noticed all of our centerpieces were scaled way down then what we had talked about. We paid extra for branches in tall vases and received something that looked like a dead bush. When my husband confronted Denise she said "well I think they look nice," and made no attempt to fix the situation. Extremely unprofessional! When I contacted Denise after the wedding to discuss the problems she would not call me and basically said I didnt understand the contract via email. No interest in pleasing customers. DO NOT USE!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Leigh Florist's reply:

We believe this review is not an accurate assessment of our services. As award winning wedding professionals we value our clients and the relationships we establish with them.
    During the wedding planning process our door is open to our clients at all times. Our clients are entitled to unlimited emails and phone conversations as well as three one hour planning meetings. This allows them to make any necessary changes to their plan as well as offer them the opportunity to ask questions. One of these meetings will include your final review. At this meeting your review will include a complete confirmation of the details and design elements. At this time clients are also welcomed to order samples of flowers and/or centerpieces to view if needed. We also request that you provide us with an inspiration board or colors swatches to attach to your design plan.
    We keep an extensive window of time open to discuss changes and make adjustments to a clients design plan. Changes can be made up until 30 days prior to the event. This allows us enough time to ensure we have all flowers and supplies ordered to the proper specifications. Due to this we are unable to accommodate drastic “day of” changes such as new centerpiece fabrication.
    We provide a finalized design plan before the production phase. As promised , designs are accurately created to portray all details and descriptions as listed within your design plan. These descriptions include details such as manzanita branches vs. curly willow branches, crystals, candles, varieties of flowers, etc.
    Our ultimate goal is to exceed our clients expectations, and in order to do that we strongly emphasize that our clients not only communicate, but that they review all plans provided to them to ensure all details are listed as desired and in turn, they receive the floral designs they have envisioned.