Legacy Weddings Reviews

71 | Leesburg, VA

71 Reviews for Legacy Weddings

I hired Suzanne for partial wedding planning. Suzanne's prices were more than fair and with her experience and ability, she is a steal! Having her support during the wedding process was like having a very caring family member at your side. I felt like I could count on her and she was always available and responsive. She understands how much this day means to you and it is just as important for her. You can tell that she truly enjoys being part of a wedding and she always has this positive attitude and beaming smile that is infectious. That being said she also knows how to get things done. Her knowledge of the wedding industry is invaluable. It is obvious that she has a lot of experience and she can think of every detail and logistical item that us brides tend to overlook or forget. At my rehearsal she was the commander in chief, I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself as she took control and guided us all in a light hearted but productive practice. At the ceremony and reception she was my saviour, she was by my side for anything I needed and she kept the event running smoothly. She also spared me the headache of having to coordinate and contact all the many vendors, orders, supplies and endless moving parts that is the biggest source of stress for most brides. Do yourself a favor and hire Suzanne. Take the pressue off yourself, the groom and your wedding party. We do not want to be the leader and organizer, we want to be the bride. We want to enjoy our special day and focus on our husband, friends and family. Suzanne is happy to take the wheel and I will be forever glad that I hired her. I should also mention that her husband was the officiant at our wedding and I recieved lots of compliments on how beautiful of a job he did. We used his ceremony script and it was everything I wanted my ceremony to be. My wedding truly is a legacy that I will always remember with fondness and I can thank Suzanne for being a huge part of that positive experience.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Christine · Married on 10/26/2013

Using Legacy Weddings really made the difference for us on our wedding day. It's important to have someone there to run the event--Suzanne and her team turned a great evening into a spectacular one.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Maureen · Married on 10/19/2013

I just cannot find words to express how pleased I was to work with Suzanne Fox in planning my wedding. Even though it was only a small affair with about 28 people, she made sure that all those tiny details that you don't think about til it's too late are taken care of. She was fantastic to work with, very responsive to my many questions, and helped me not to panic when various glitches occurred. You can tell she really means it when she says "I love weddings."

Sent on 10/29/2013

Jackie · Married on 09/28/2013

Suzanne was highly recommended by a coworker who had nothing but praise for Suzanne. My husband I met with Suzanne within two months of our wedding date (gasp!). Luckily for us, she was available and eager to get the ball rolling. The chemistry was instantaneous and tangible; Suzanne immediately grasped our vision for the wedding and reconciled the differences my husband and I had. My husband was extremely reluctant with hiring a wedding coordinator as our budget was stretched thin at that point in our planning process. After our first meeting, he was a total convert. And boy, were we fortunate to have Suzanne planning, coordinating and organizing everything - she really was a godsend. She took charge of the details that the bride and groom should not be worrying about on their wedding day: setting-up, cleaning, pinning boutonnieres, etc. My family members and friends were so impressed with the smooth flow and organization of the wedding. Everyone involved was aware of what their roles were, where they were expected to be, when they were expected. Suzanne was extremely professional and organized and absolutely awesome. Trust me, if my husband loved her, she is worth it! You don't want to burden your family members or friends with innocuous tasks that day; you want them to enjoy the wedding as much as possible with you. Suzanne will fulfill the most mundane, or even dreaded tasks, that day with a smile! I highly recommend her. Not one single complaint could be said. Thank you, Suzanne, for creating the most memorable and special day for us. We really could not have done it without you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 03/05/2014

Legacy Weddings's reply:

Hi Jackie!!! Thanks you so much for your kind words! I absolutely loved working with you and Vinh...thank you for trusting me with your day!

Keep in touch!
    Suzanne

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2013

Suzanne was everything we could have asked for! We planned most of our Virginia wedding from out of state and she was great at working with us and our families to get everything sorted out perfectly.

Sent on 12/12/2013

Coletta · Married on 09/20/2013

Suzanne was professional and is definitely an expert in her field, but most importantly, she felt like family! Her service was above and beyond, meeting my husband and I when we came from out of town to finalize all the plans and to put us at ease. I would recommend Legacy Weddings to anyone. Thank you for helping to make our daughters wedding a happy and wonderful event!

Sent on 12/19/2013

Gaele · Married on 07/13/2013

Suzanne was absolutely a delight to work with. She showed professionalism, patience and everything good you might wish for. She was with us every step of the way, from start to finish and we could not be more grateful.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Monique · Married on 06/08/2013

Legacy Weddings and Suzanne were the perfect fit for a stress free wedding. Suzanne provided me the "day of" wedding cooordination services, however she actually started working with me a month in advance. She ensured that all my vendors were set up and everything was clear regarding the plans for our event. Approximately 3 weeks prior to the wedding she set up a meeting with me and the caterer (also did all rentals and cake too) to make sure everything was set up. Suzanne was very responsive to any questions we had and she made sure that I had a stress free month prior and day of the wedding. I couldn't ask for a more perfect situation and she even conducted the ceremony marrying us. If you have any question on whether or not you need or should get a wedding coordinator, do it and make sure that you use Suzanne she is perfect!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Sarah · Married on 04/13/2013

She made our day so stress free and smooth. I couldn't be happier

Sent on 04/27/2013

Keri · Married on 10/19/2012

The owners of Thomas Birkby House had recommended Suzanne Fox as our officiant. They said that she has the ceremony memorized, she looks you in the eye as she's reciting it, & you know that you are getting married. Once we met Suzanne, we knew that we wanted her to marry us. She exudes happiness and professionalism. Also, she is very organized. Our guests were impressed with Suzanne as our day of coordinator & officiant. We had a few comments asking how we found such an amazing lady!!

Suzanne Fox was an amazing officiant & day of coordinator. She helped keep us on schedule & took care of any emergencies that took place. Suzanne ensured that any emergencies were kept low-key, & we weren't disturbed by any problems at all. During our walk-through, Suzanne made sure that we weren't being charged for any unnecessary/extra catering services too. She always had our best interests at heart. We were very grateful to have Suzanne at our wedding!!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Kerry · Married on 10/13/2012

Suzanne did a beautiful job officiating our wedding and providing coordination services, too. We were beyond pleased with her heartfelt and succinct ceremony script, which we were able to customize with two readings from our mothers and a song by my sister.

Suzanne blends professionalism with kindness and care. Our large extended families and guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the conversations they struck up with Suzanne and their impressions of the ceremony.

Even though executing a wedding is a huge endeavor, I find myself remembering the little things that Suzanne did, which mean so much! When my husband and I made our grand entrance for our first dance, Suzanne was there to take my bouquet. And when we cut the cake, Suzanne was there to take from us the serving tools. I'm sure she also handled many behind-the-scenes items that I'm not even aware of, since everything progressed so seamlessly.

Thank you, Suzanne! You are high on our recommendations list to friends. And we hope you're still available when we renew our vows many years down the road.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Lynsey · Married on 10/01/2012

Suzanne presided over our wedding ceremony in October 2012. While our Christian ceremony was to be private and out of country, it was important to us to have a ceremony where our children could be included as well. Suzanne provided a beautiful ceremony that helped to reflect the seriousness of the marriage commitment to our children. She was also amazingly flexible, as we decided to have this "family ceremony" just two weeks ago. Her professional communication made the entire process so simple and she played a big role in this important day for my family.

Sent on 10/01/2012

Caitlin · Married on 09/01/2012

I would recommend Suzanne of Legacy Weddings to anyone looking for a planner or day of coordinator. I used Suzanne as my Day of Coordinator; she was wonderful and I don't know what I would've done without her. Suzanne was in touch with me throughout my wedding planning process, she had great suggestions and ideas, and never steered me in the wrong direction; I appreciated her honesty. Having Suzanne with me on my wedding day was the best; everything went smoothly and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Thank you Suzanne, you are the best, truly a girl's best-friend!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/17/2012
  • Keira

Keira · Married on 07/04/2012

I absolutely LOVED Suzanne from Legacy Weddings and give her the highest of high ratings. My wedding wouldn't have been perfect without her! I am an obsessive planner, but I needed someone I could trust the day of that would carry out my vision. Suzanne was the perfect fit! She was SUPER organized, thorough, thoughtful, and the expert touch I needed to put my wedding over the top. I seriously couldn't do it without her! There were a lot of little questions that came up the week before that I bounced off of her. It was so nice to have an expert in my corner.

Suzanne contacted all the vendors to confirm weeks before the wedding and she acted as the day of point of contact. I didn't even need to think about anything related to scheduling the day of. What a huge relief!!!!! I can't even express how helpful she was!

Suzanne created a day of schedule and sent it to all the vendors. Super organized! She also was there during the ceremony to make sure it stayed on schedule, which was extremely helpful. I was so refreshing to have her there making sure everything was going smoothly. I couldn't image my wedding without her.

I would recommend Suzanne for any wedding. Even if you are an obsessive planner (like me), take a step back and let Suzanne help you on your wedding day - I had a blast because I was able to relax. For people that aren't planners, I would recommend hiring her more than the day of coordinator. She is so creative and has such great taste, she will help you with the planning process.

Thank you, Suzanne! My wedding was perfect because of you!

Sent on 07/19/2012

Kelly · Married on 05/26/2012

Suzanne officiated and helped guide us with a timeline of events on our big day. With her expertise and calming ways everything went off without a hitch! She was professional, kind and diligent in everything she did for our wedding! I would recommend her services to anyone getting married in this area! Suzanne was a delight to work with and really helped my husband and I feel at ease on what can be a very exciting and stressful day!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Sofia · Married on 05/05/2012

Suzanne Fox was wonderful to work with. We hired her for day-of services, and in retrospect feel that we could not have had as great a day without her help. On the day of, we didn't worry about a thing. Thanks, Suzanne!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Kristen · Married on 04/28/2012

Suzanne Fox is a fantastic coordinator. She is very personable and easy to work with, and will immediately put your mind at ease. If you hire her for day of coordination, she will step in about a month before the wedding and get in contact with all of your vendors to make sure everyone is on the same page. The timeline that she created for us and the vendors was extremely helpful; it definitely took a lot of stress off of my plate. On the day of the wedding, she worked very hard to make sure everything went smoothly and it did! I highly recommend Legacy Weddings.

Sent on 05/24/2012

Emily · Married on 04/14/2012

Suzanne was so wonderful! We were so lucky to find her. Suzanne did day of planning as well as officiating our ceremony. It was such a stress relief to have her as a Day of Coordinator, I didn't have to worry about a thing she had everything all under control. And if I needed anything she was right here to help! She was professional and flexible. She also officiated the ceremony which was beautiful! I couldn't of asked for a more perfect, heartfelt ceremony. She was a joy to work with and I would recommend her to anyone(which I already have!) thank you Suzanne for making our day so special!!

Sent on 11/19/2012

Erin · Married on 04/14/2012

I hired Suzanne Fox and her assistant Elaine for "day of coordination" and they were hands down the best investment we made in the entire wedding. My only regret is that I didn't hire them earlier in the process! I called several other vendors and was quoted 2-3x as much for the same service. The "day of coordination" package was more like a month-of 100% guarantee of reassurance and perfection. I can't imagine having had a better experience leading up to the wedding or on the day of. Six months later people are still complementing me on the wedding. I owe a lot of credit to Suzanne and Elaine who swooped in to make sure it all came together.
    I wasn't initially convinced I needed assistance with coordination until a month before the wedding when I had several nightmares about the big day going all wrong. My best friend convinced me that for a 150-person wedding I needed someone to help knit the whole day together and to free me up to focus on enjoying the day (and the rest of my engagement)! After my initial phone consultation with Suzanne I hung up and felt instantly reassured that it was going to come together beautifully. I called her back right away to hire her and from that point forward everything was taken care of. She reviewed all the contracts, contacted all the vendors to confirm the details, caught a few potential logistical problems and settled them. On the day-of, Elaine made sure everything was in place and that the event came together seamlessly. She even made some last minute tweaks that improved the presentation. In a word they were INDISPENSABLE. The best bang for the buck and a must have for any large scale event.

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 03/22/2012

let me just say...this woman was a God send! I wanted a small, intimate wedding, and wanted it to be in Leesburg. However, the only small venue for ceremonies is outside the courthouse, that wasn't going to work in March. (although it ended up being 80 degrees on my wedding day!) I literally stumbled across Suzanne Fox, who is a celebrant and wedding coordinator. In speaking with her, I learned about Weddings on Wirt Street, which she also happens to manage. We set up a time to visit and I fell in love. It is a quaint little cottage in downtown Leesburg, but it was EXACTLY what I needed and wanted. Suzanne was very patient with me and accommodating. She had no problem with me coming back for a 2nd visit with my husband so he could see it, and even a 3rd visit with my mom so she could see it. She always answered my questions in a timely manor, even my late night emails! lol The ceremony was beautiful, and offered a certain charm to my intimate wedding. Working with Suzanne calmed my nerves and made the ceremony planning easy and less stressful.

Sent on 03/28/2012

Lisa · Married on 01/14/2012

Suzanne was a joy to work with. Even though I had a small wedding, I hired Suzanne to coordinate the limo, the flowers and the photographer. She also gave me ideas about a local salon, bed & breakfast and reception site. She responds quickly and is very detailed oriented. On the day of the wedding, she was on site of the venue (Weddings on Wirt which she also manages) and took care of all of the small details. Suzanne was a friend through the whole process. I highly recommend her to every bride!

Sent on 01/20/2012

Nora · Married on 11/11/2011

We hired Suzanne as a day-of coordinator and officiant. Suzanne made it so that we could relax and enjoy our wedding by seamlessly handling all of the details. She has such a good rapport with all the other vendors, which helps make the whole event run more smoothly. Suzanne's kindness, organization and expertise make her a wonderful wedding coordinator and officiant. By the end of our wedding, we'd already had three guests ask where we found our coordinator. Everyone was impressed, especially us, and we're so grateful that Suzanne helped make our wedding so special.

With gratitude,
    Matt and Nora Johnston

Sent on 11/16/2011

Meghan · Married on 09/18/2011

Suzanne was absolutely amazing at the wedding. We had tons and tons of stuff that needed to be set up and since I had done all of the planning she was coming in just the couple days before to get the lay of the day and where everything was going to go. My bridesmaids arrived on site with me 3 hours before she did and unpacked each of the boxes and placed things near where they needed to be. Suzanne came in and took over from there. I hardly saw her at all that day but I that was because she was busy making sure everything went smoothly and it did. I am so happy that I had a day of coordinator and would suggest it to any bride that is haveing a big or small wedding. So much easier than giving it to a friend or family member.

As a side note we did have her daughter babysit for us and if I had to do it over again I would have hired someone a little older. We had quite a few young ones there and it was difficult for her to know what to do with them at all time. Again I was glad that Suzanne was there to help with that as well.

Sent on 09/29/2011
  • fearthesmiley

Michaelena · Married on 08/13/2011

Suzanne Fox officiated our wedding on August 13, 2011. Mrs. Fox came out in the pouring rain to marry us, never complained and smiled the whole time! Not only was she professional and courteous, she was understanding and caring. She made our wedding perfect by performing a very elegant and intimate ceremony. Thank you Suzanne for helping us to begin our marriage so beautifully.

All the Best!
    Michaelena and Neil

Sent on 08/16/2011

Laura · Married on 08/13/2011

Suzanne is such a wonderful person. She was so great to work with and my family still talks about how well spoken & how genuine she was doing the service. She made both me and my husband feel very calm before and during the ceremony. She was so great to work with and I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 02/17/2012

Legacy Weddings's reply:

Thank you for this review, Laura...I was so honored to be asked to officiate your ceremony. Everything about that day was absolutely beautiful!