Left Turn Photo Reviews

Rating 4.9 out of 5, 19 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
    April Married on 07/23/2015
    We can't thank Left Turn Photo enough for providing such a wonderful time to our guest! Jason, your professionalism and attention to detail was greatly appreciated! The memories that our guest will have of our daughters special day is more than words can express!

Elizabeth Married on 06/12/2015
    My husband and I spent quite a lot of time searching for a photographer that we felt shared our laid back style but would also be affordable. Jason was recommended to me by a friend who performs lots of weddings on the beach, and this friend said that of all the photographers he worked with, Jason was hands-down the only photographer he would recommend. And now I understand why! Jason truly was easy to work with, and worked with what we wanted. He was so flexible when I changed our timeline (at least once, probably more than that). On the day of our wedding, he helped keep us on schedule and even helped my husband and I through the cake cutting process (not sure if that's what he was supposed to be doing, but I surely appreciated it!). He was more than willing to take pictures of any people we asked, and even double checked several times to make sure we hadn't missed anyone. Even our other vendors and our family/friends said how nice Jason was and easy to work with.

We also ended up using Jason's photo booth - what a great decision! Our guests had a fabulous time with this and I think it really added to the atmosphere of the wedding. I definitely see us using Jason again in the future. Highly recommend!
    Jean Married on 05/23/2015
    Jason and his assistant were great! Not too in your face and always friendly and accommodating. The Photobooth is the best thing to have at a Wedding. So much fun! I would suggest some more masquerade-type masks and more hat choices and vintage-style items. Not complaining at all though. Left Turn Photo was fantastic! I wish my daughter had them videotape the Wedding, but she did not want a videographer. I'm sure if they did, it would have turned out as great as the rest of it. I can't wait to see the photos when they are ready.
  • User1973017 2+ years ago
    Based on a recommendation of a friend I hired a photo booth for my company's anniversary party. Wow- what a great suggestion. EVERYONE loved it. It was seriously the hit of the party and really elevated the fun factor of the event. Left Turn Photography was the BEST. Not only was the company totally professional and on top of everything including prompt emails and calls back but Jason was fun with my guests and got them in the spirit of taking photos and having a good time. I will absolutely use Left Turn Photography again and I highly suggest using them if you are hosting a big party and want a great keepsake for your attendees.
    Jessica Married on 04/26/2014
    We were so incredibly lucky to discover Left Turn Photo at a Bridal Show. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer to document our special day. Our engagement session was awesome, fun, and incredibly relaxed. Jason even made my bashful husband smile! It was a great way to become familiar with Jason, especially for my husband who had never had experience with a professional photographer. Our wedding day was made even more amazing by having Jason there. He not only documented the incredibly priceless moments busy brides like myself are too overwhelmed to notice at the moment, but did it in a smooth, relaxed, and fun way. He captured beautiful photos of our ceremony and I never even realized he was there. He was exceptionally prepared and took a wide variety of photos. When it came time for wedding party photos, he was able to make my husband, very shy Maid of Honor, our quiet Best Man, my parents, and my grandparents ALL smile at once. He was wonderful with direction, telling us in simple terms how to "pose", though he rarely asked us to do so. Jason is a wonderful person and a world class photographer. I would gladly recommend him to anyone wishing to hire a photographer for any reason.
    Christal Married on 11/30/2013
    I highly recommend Jason at Left Turn Photo. He was very enthusiastic about working with us in our unusual venue (Clearwater Marine Aquarium) and was not put off at all about the challenges of lighting near a dolphin tank after dark in November. He has a great personality and is very flexible to accommodate your budget. We loved his offbeat style as we are not your traditional portrait kind of people. He is great with kids and knows how to let them just go with the flow to capture those great spontaneous shots. We had a 20-month-old as one of the flower girls who was less than cooperative about standing in a group shot but Jason let her do her thing playing in the sand and it turned out great. Thanks Jason!
    Jamie A. Married on 10/08/2013
    Jason was fabulous! We were so lucky to have found him to photograph our wedding. He really captured all the moments and was very creative. His prices are good and he spent lots of time working with us and answering any questions we had. I would highly recommend him for your photography needs.
    Lisa Married on 05/31/2013
    Jason of left Turn Photo is a true talent! We were looking for someone to capture our wedding but not in your typical staged photo way. Jason provided exactly what we wanted. Gorgeous pictures that were creative and captured the true spirit of our wedding. He made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera with his laid back personality and humor. Our pictures are beautiful and it is quite apparent he knows and loves what he does! Highly recommend his talents.
  • User1188169 2+ years ago
    There are no words to describe our experience with Left Turn Photo – but I will certainly try. The moment we met Jason and Christina, we knew they needed to be a part of our wedding day. From our initial (2 hour!) consultation to our warm goodbyes at the end of our wedding night, Jason and his team delivered in every way. Professional, timely and knowledge, I never doubted that Left Turn was the right choice for us. Looking for a somewhat non-traditional photos, I knew from the website that Jason would deliver the artistic, creative vision for our day. The studio in Gulfport is fabulous, displaying their creative artwork and all they have to offer. Jason entertained our unique idea for our engagement session and the pictures are amazing. To our delight, Jason helped us design and print our invitations, envelopes and thank you cards. Nothing like one-stop shopping! Half-way through planning, they became more than a vendor, they became our friends. The day of our wedding we laughed, joked, and dragged Jason all around to get snapshots of every highlight of the night. The few teasers that have slipped onto Facebook are STUNNING and I cannot wait to see the rest. If you are looking for creative, friendly professionals to share in your wedding day, look no further than Left Turn Photo.
  • User1090527 2+ years ago
    One of the best decisions and best spent money on the wedding was for Left Turn Photo. Their photos were AMAZING and actually affordable for a couple paying for their own wedding. Jason and Christina are amazing and made us feel SO comfortable at our engagement session. One of the most important factors in making our decision for our photographer was how well we got along with them and if we would feel comfortable having them at our wedding. Jason and Christina were the perfect choice. A few weeks have past from the wedding and we still talk about how amazing the photos were and how nice and awesome Jason was at the wedding! Even our families loved them and thought they were very professional at our wedding. I have referred two people already to Left Turn and I will continue to refer people. They're AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Crystal
    Crystal Married on 07/04/2012
    We LOVED Left Turn Photo! We bought the guestbook for our wedding, had the photobooth and had them do both our engagement and wedding pictures. Jason and Christine were absolutely amazing and incredibly talented. The background for our photobooth was uniquely ours and matched our theme perfectly. The engagement photos were breathtaking and it was so hard to choose what we wanted for our guestbook. I can not wait until the wedding pictures are in!!!
    Erica Married on 05/26/2012
    Left Turn Photos went over and beyond our expectations!! Two of the main reasons we went with Left Turn Photos: One they are affordable two Jason's photography style is so fun, classy, modern and edgy :) His assistant is the sweetest and the two of them always came up with so many fun ideas. I def recommend you meet with these two!!
    Shawna Married on 03/24/2012
    We used Left Turn Photo to capture our "Trash the Dress" session a few days after our wedding while on our honeymoon (although I so wish that we could have had them photograph our wedding day as well, but we are from Ohio!) Jason and Christina did an AMAZING job. Not only is the quality top of the line, they were so nice to work with and helped us to feel so comfortable! You can really tell that these two have a wonderful gift in what they do, which makes for such a memorable experience. My husband and I have their photos of us throughout our home, and we will always treasure them (I like them more than my actual wedding photos!) Our photo shoot was set in a swamp which they researched before and picked out, and always asked for our input- so professional. We would love to use them again, and HIGHLY recommend them to anyone for any occasion! Their prices are very reasonable for prints as well. Your expectations will be blown out of the water, guaranteed!
    Nicole Married on 10/15/2010
    Beautiful photos, no hassles in any details. Everything went smoothly.
    Summer Married on 02/14/2009
    Jason is amazing and so easy to work with. He's funny, charming, and very talented. We had a great time working with him. If you enjoy fine art, and want him to capture the most radiant; dazzling, gorgeous, magnificent photos of your special day..call him.
  • User1266422 2+ years ago
    Jason & Lisa were absolutely fantastic. I could not dream of better wedding photos - if you want photography that is more art than simple snap and shoot pictures, I highly recommend Jason. There's really not much more to say than just... great. It was all just so perfect.

I would most certainly use Left Turn again for any photography in the future. :)
    Samantha Married on 06/30/2012
    These guys were great!!! They captured all of the pictures that we had wanted and they did it all in a timely fashion.
  • Kyle
    Kyle Married on 05/01/2011
    The combination of Left Turn Photo's artistic take on photographs and Jason's wonderful personality made this experiance a blast for my wife and I. We had booked them for our wedding and we were pleased with how easy going and professional they were throught out the entire day. Jason is the kinda of photographer that can find the beauty in everything he sees and will take the time to find the right photo moment. My wife and I have already referred him to a couple of friends....
  • Stevi
    Stevi Married on 07/19/2014
    ***Edit to my review: The photos that Jason takes are great. My husband and I loved the pictures and we have paid for a wedding album. It has since been OVER 1 YEAR, and we received a wedding album but not to our liking. Jason added a toning to our wedding album that looks like it has aged our pictures and we were expecting a wedding album with the photos we were given on our DVD. He never asked us if that was the way we wanted to go. When we discussed this with Jason when we got it, July 2015, he said that he would rectify the situation and create a photo album using the photos we want, without the tone applied to it. It is now November, the last we heard from him was August 11th, 2015 that the wedding album was ordered and that he would keep us updated on the progress. I have emailed him 5 times, called him numerous times, and have even reached out on Facebook. Jason refuses to answer by any means and is not acting like a professional at all. I am so disappointed with his business side that I cannot get him to even discuss our matter. So brides beware.**

My husband and I hired Jason as our photographer for our July 19th wedding. We had interviewed with him and had asked him to do our engagement photo shoot so we could send out save the dates. We were in love with all the photos we got from the engagement photo shoot and so did our parents, we had a tough time choosing the top few photos. When our wedding came around I knew we would get great photos for the day. Everyone at our wedding loved Jason, and we had also paid for an extra photographer and had a photo booth. Everyone had so much fun and I heard so many good things from my guest about Jason. We have only seen a sneak peek of our photos on facebook and are anxiously awaiting to see the rest. The ones we did get to see blew us away, they were stunning!