Leatherwood Mountains Reviews

64 | Ferguson, NC

64 Reviews for Leatherwood Mountains

64 Leatherwood Mountains Reviews

Lauren · Married on 09/01/2018

I had my wedding at Leatherwood Mountains Resort on September 1st, and it couldn't have been more perfect! I wanted an elegant mountain wedding, and this beautiful location, along with amazing vendors and Abbie as a coordinator made for the wedding of my dreams. The scenic mountain views here are truly breathtaking. And I was able to relax and have the BEST weekend with all my friends and family since I knew Abbie had everything under control. I couldn't recommend Leatherwood enough for either a wedding or just a vacation!

Leatherwood Mountains 1
    Leatherwood Mountains 2
    Leatherwood Mountains 3
    Leatherwood Mountains 4

Brooklyn · Married on 10/08/2016

That if it is within your budget book it! We loved having our wedding there, it was beautiful and everyone was friendly!

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/29/2014

We absolutely loved this venue! The location is beautiful, and the staff were very friendly and helpful!

Linda · Married on 10/20/2012

Everyone at Leatherwood was very helpful during the entire process, and went out of their way to make the wedding a successful and beautiful event!

Ryan · Married on 10/06/2012

by choice, the "wedding family" did much of the work ourselves. the bride and groom could not have been more pleased with the setting/event. Leatherwood catered the rehearsal dinner and did a great job....even accommodating special diet needs. we have no complaints---in today's world, that alone says it all!!!

Stephanie · Married on 08/11/2012

Leatherwood Mountain was beautiful. It was everything we wanted. Abby was wonderful to work with and did everything she possibly could to make the big day that much less stressful on us.

Jamie · Married on 06/25/2011

Abi & Bethany were great! They were about to answer all of our questions and also ask question that we hadn't though about. Abi picked out a florist, baker and Preacher. Bethany took wonderful photos for us.

Erin · Married on 05/09/2015

My husband and I knew we would get married at Leatherwood well before we were engaged. We had vacationed there at least 5 or 6 times before the wedding, including getting engaged! Abbie made the whole process very easy and was very accommodating with our wishes. It's the most beautiful place in the world!! We would (and have) definitely recommend it to anyone for a wedding or just a nice getaway!!

Jonathan · Married on 10/13/2012

The staff at Leatherwood Resort is first class. This is a great venue for multiple type events from weddings to holding reunions or business gatherings.

We loved our "mountain getaway" wedding & reception at Leatherwood Mountains. Our whole party and several more guests all rented cabins on the property (the whole reason we booked Leatherwood!) for the whole weekend and we had a blast. The venue coordinator was fantastic to work with and when plans had to change the day before the wedding, she was super helpful in making sure we had everything we needed!

Our only complaint was that despite reading all our contracts, etc, we didn't understand that service & gratuity would be added onto our bill for the bar/alcohol (we had thought we were responsible for that separately), which made our bill quite a bit higher than we had anticipated; plus since we didn't know about it, we paid cash tips and ended up paying double gratuity for the bar. So just be aware of how it works for getting alcohol there (which you are required to do if setting up a bar).

Sent on 10/31/2015

Leatherwood Mountains's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad your wedding was a success and your guests loved Leatherwood Mountains! Service charges for food and beverage are clearly stated on the all the menus provided and our policies are industry standard and very transparent. No hidden fees or charges. Thanks again!!

Brittany · Married on 07/13/2013

I had my dream wedding at Leatherwood Mountains! Abbie is wonderful to work with, and everyone there is very accommodating. The valley was perfect for the festivities, and our guests had plenty of places to stay in the beautiful cabins on site. Abbie provided us with a list of vendors for all the essentials including local catering, photography, rentals, hair stylists, etc, which was very helpful in planning. Leatherwood was also by far the best priced venue for what we wanted. Thank you for a fabulous and memorable experience! We'll be back!

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed the event and my stay. The Leadership staff were extremely engaging and flexible and was able to assist and meet any of my needs. There were a few administrative bumps that could have been handled differently however I was impressed by the corrective action that was taken and the willingness to go the extra mile to see that our experience was maximized.

Thank you Leatherwoods for making our event a truly memorable experience!!

The staff was very friendly, kind, and helpful. The venue was beautiful and elegant. It is an excellent place for a wedding.

3.5

The wedding was beautiful and Leatherwood provided everything we needed. All guests were comfortable and were helping accordingly when needed. I would reccommend this vendor and site to anyone.