63 Reviews for Leatherwood Mountains

Barware (1)
Glassware (1)
Parking (1)
63 Leatherwood Mountains Reviews

Abbie made our wedding rehearsal and stay at Leatherwood an exciting and most memorable event.. She was totally selfless in the performance of her duties to make us feel at home.. She was always a "Yes we can do that" or "We can make that happen"! She reacted quickly and with great care to see that our moments we enjoyable even with the ever changing weather conditions.. I will and have recommended to others to visit Leatherwood and have some if the same happy experiences we did.. We look forward to returning to Leatherwood and enjoy more time to see the other things that time would not allow for this past trip. Thanks to all the staff again for making our time there a great one..

Profile Picture Dean, 3/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely perfect!! I can't say enough about how important and amazing it was for us to have our wedding at Leatherwood Mountains. Besides the obvious naturally gorgeous scenery, every other detail from start to finish was perfect. We planned our wedding in 3 months (whew!) which wasn't even hard because of Abbie. Most of the vendors we used were recommended by her, which saved so much time and headache, and they all worked out wonderfully. She was so helpful and supportive throughout the process, even with us being 6 hours away! She helped orchestrate our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception on site that was in every way what we wanted- beautiful, personal, intimate, fun and relaxing. Almost all of our guests stayed in cabins at the resort and couldn't say enough about how nice the cabins were, and loved spending time there the whole weekend. The entire staff at Leatherwood is lovely. One minute (literally) before our ceremony started, we realized our marriage license was in our cabin, at least a 5 minute drive from the ceremony site. Abbie remained so calm and had another staff member go and get it for us and it was there in time when we needed it at the end. We didn't have to worry about a thing the whole weekend! If you are lucky enough to score an open weekend here, jump on it- you will be so grateful for the quality, service, reasonable pricing and overall incredible experience you will have!

Profile Picture Maggie, 10/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Leatherwood was a BEAUTIFUL place to hold a wedding. Abbie was friendly and easy to work with from the beginning. The setting is relaxed with breathtaking views. All of our guests stayed on site in cabins and it added to the intimate feel of the weekend. The Hendrix Cabin/field was lovely and the perfect setting for our rustic wedding.

Profile Picture Brittney, 8/24/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Abbie and the Leatherwood crew were so easy and flexible to work with. Our daughters wedding was everything she wanted. Abbie pointed us to several vendors that we chose to work with as well.

Profile Picture Susan, 8/24/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Abbie and the staff made us feel so welcome at Leatherwood. I've been there a few times but for my family and friends, it was their first. They can't wait to come back. The bar staff was so helpful, they even opened up early for the groomsman to drink the day of the wedding. We met Phil Rash who is one of the owners at the bar and him and his wife were so welcoming. We ran into them a few more times during the week and they always made sure everything was going ok. Our band was from the area. They're called the Ramblim Gypsies. Chad Triplett is one of the singers and our point of contact with them. He was always giving me updates with what was going on. The hard thing with a wedding and your band or DJ is feeling connected like they know you but with the Ramblin Gypsies we felt like we've known them for years. They played a little bit of everything and improvised great. I can't speak highly enough about them. Thanks guys! They even turned some people from Minnesota into country fans! Overall it was a fantastic experience and go for atleast a week! It's well worth it! Thanks Leatherwood and we look forward to more memories at your resort.

Profile Picture Shayn, 7/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue was beautiful and everyone at the resort was helpful and friendly. Abbie was always available to answer questions and help any way needed. It was a perfect day!

Profile Picture Melody, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Leatherwood Mountains made our wedding an unforgettable experience.. Abbie was absolutely wonderful and was willing of her time and resources in every way. My now husband and I highly recommend this for a wedding venue.

Profile Picture Holly, 5/11/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The venue was amazing. Everyone who assisted us at Leatherwood was very helpful and professional. The vendors recommended were also great. Abbie was very detail oriented and helped make sure the vision of the wedding came to life. The rehearsal dinner, wedding, and reception were truly special and I would highly recommend Leatherwood to anyone considering a wedding venue. We also heard wonderful comments from guests attending who raved about the venue and all the extra "touches" that made the day so special. The wedding day could not have been more special or more perfect. We are grateful to Abbie and all the staff at Leatherwood for making us feel so welcome and being so great to work with. Great job!!

Profile Picture Glenda, 4/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

With only 2 weeks notice, Abby was able to work with us and make our day special. Our wedding day would not have been the same without her help!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 12/31/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Leatherwood are fantastic. The facilities are beautiful, and I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for a fabulous wedding site!

Profile Picture User2874846, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Leatherwood was the most perfect place to have our wedding. Abby and the whole Leatherwood team are so friendly and very flexible with helping us to create the perfect vision that I had for my wedding day. The setting could not have been more perfect and everyone who came to the wedding and stayed at Leatherwood were so impressed, with several of our family and friends saying they couldn't wait to schedule another visit. My mother described it as a "fairy tale" wedding, and I couldn't agree more.

Profile Picture Jayna, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Abbie, the wedding coordinator/event planner is so wonderful to work with. She is kind and patient, and truly works to make your wedding the wedding of your dreams. Leatherwood is such a beautiful place to get married. Our wedding day turned out to be overcast, cold, and rainy; but that didn't stop our day from being perfect. The florist Abbie used did an incredible job. The arbor and my bouquet were breathtaking! We rented the Saddlebrook Restaurant for our reception, and Abbie did a wonderful job setting up the room. It was very classy and elegant, yet still simple and pretty. P.S. The pulled pork with the Off the Hook sauce is most tasty thing I have ever eaten! I would recommend Abbie and all of the staff at Leatherwood to anyone looking to have a wedding, honeymoon, or vacation! It is truly a beautiful place and it is ran by truly wonderful people.

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding was an unforgettable weekend. Staff was amazing and extremely helpful. We will be returning very soon.
-Hannah Foster

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/6/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Leatherwood was an exceptional place for my wedding venue. The staff was extremely helpful, and were quick to meet my needs to make my day run flawlessly. Abbie is the wedding coordinator, and she was quick to respond and offer suggestions. They helped create a wedding for me that guests will continue to talk about for years! Also provided me with a great place to celebrate anniversaries!

Profile Picture tabitha, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had a wonderful experience working with Leatherwood. Abbie is the event coordinator there, and I could not say enough good things about her! She was quick to respond and very helpful with my millions of questions! All of the staff are very professional and were willing to help with whatever we needed. Their grounds are beautiful and well kept. One of our favorite things about Leatherwood were the cabins you could rent out! We rented over 5 cabins and all of our family and bridesmaids/groomsmen all stayed up there for a few days before & after! If you are looking for a great priced, beautiful venue, then call Leatherwood!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/14/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we found Leatherwood Mountains on the internet until the day we drove away at the conclusion of the Wedding, perfection prevailed. Abbie was a joy to work with. She has an “anything you need, we can do it” attitude and she means it. I was making most plans from Arizona and Abbie quickly provided me with any information I needed. I am a bit of a perfectionist and have trouble delegating responsibilities. This proved to be an issue when we were just a mere few hours until ceremony time and my husband and I were still setting up the reception area and had not even begun to get ourselves ready. Abbie, walked in to check on how things were going. Without even a second thought, she jumped in and set up all the tables for us. She told us she would have been happy to help much sooner had she known. This I am sure of. The entire staff at Leatherwood continuously asked if we needed anything and anything we asked was immediately met with assistance. This was just about the nicest group of people I have ever had the pleasure to work with for any event. My daughter’s wedding ceremony and reception were just perfect. I highly, and I mean highly recommend Leatherwood Mountains and Abbie to anyone looking for a venue that requires a pristine, rustic mountain environment

Profile Picture Rita, 7/28/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment we arrived at Leatherwood Mountains we knew this beautiful place was where we would be married. You are surrounded by gorgeous views from all angles. The view from the cabin we chose, Hidden Falls, for our ceremony was like nothing we had ever seen in our lives! During the actual ceremony at the stage, there was not a dry eye as our guests gazed toward the mountains in the distance as the bridal party made their way across the field. Pictures do not even bring justice to the beauty of these views. What a location! Meeeting with Abbie officially sealed the deal. She is very professional and has this sweet and genuine personality. You can tell that she truly wants your day to be as picture perfect as you dream. In less than 6 months, Abbie planned our day. It was such a relief to not have any stresses from the planning. I thought every bride was supposed to be stressed planning their wedding. Not the case when working with Abbie. She knew exactly what she was doing, every detail was perfectly planned. The day of the wedding, Abbie was everywhere, fixing things that did not go as planned, improvising when necessary, and making sure that our guests were comfortable. I can not thank Abbie enough for running around for us like she did. She allowed us to relax and enjoy our day and not stress over a thing. All of our friends and family had only sweet things to say about Abbie and the Leatherwood team. Anthony and I would like to thank Abbie and everyone at Leatherwood for making our day absolutely perfect!! It is day a we will cherish forever. Thank you.

Profile Picture Tammi, 6/16/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a Beautiful place to get married at. Leatherwood was just the perfect place for me and my husband to have our wedding. The people were great to work with. I didn't have to do anything but show up. Wow what a stress relief for a bride. Thanks again Leatherwood for making our wedding such a memorable experience.

Greg and Cindy

Profile Picture Cindy, 5/15/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Leatherwood was able to fulfill all my requests and did so in a very professional and caring manner! I couldn't have asked for nicer folks to work with!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/10/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Abbie Hanchey at Leatherwood Mountains was a pleasure to work with! There weren't tons of details to my wedding, but Abbie made all my planning stress free and made everything I asked for happen! I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/10/12, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Every girl dreams of how she wants her wedding to be . . . Leatherwood Mountains made my fairy tale wedding become more than just a vision in my mind. I got married on November 11, 2011 at Leatherwood Mountains. I am from Concord, North Carolina so I depended heavily on the event coordinator's experience with various vendors in the area. On the day of my wedding you would have thought I had planned this wedding for over a year, but in all actuality it came together in three months thanks to the wonderful staff at Leatherwood. My ceremony, reception and honeymoon were all held at Leatherwood Mountains. The event coordinator was very personable, knowledgeable, and eager to take on as much responsibility in the planning as I needed her to. She understood what I wanted and executed the delivery above and beyond my wildest dreams. Leatherwood Mountains is not just where I got married, it will be where my husband and I celebrate special occasions in the years to come.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have asked for a beautiful and welcoming place to get married. Staff treated us like family from the beginning and were extremely helpful throughout the entire weekend. This is an amazing location and team to have as part of your wedding!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/8/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't have asked for everything to go more smoothly. Everyone at Leatherwood was absolutely wonderful. They made sure we had the wedding we wanted that was still within our budget. Since we were from out of town, they took care of arranging a local minister/photographer/bakery/caterer. We were able to make appointments and see everyone on the same day, and were extremely happy with the vendors Leatherwood recommended. I still can't believe how stress free they made planning our wedding!!

Profile Picture Holly, 6/18/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My daughter wanted an outdoor wedding in the mountains in Oct. and Leatherwood Mountains was the perfect place. From the time we booked in January until the wedding date, the staff (especially Abbie) was there to guide and help us all the way. My family stayed in one the cabins they have available to rent and it was so nice and the mountain views were gorgeous. I would recommend Leatherwood Mountain Resort to anyone who loves the mountains and wants an outdoor wedding in such beautiful and natural surroundings.

Profile Picture Lynn, 10/9/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at Leatherwood Mountains Resort on September 1st, and it couldn't have been more perfect! I wanted an elegant mountain wedding, and this beautiful location, along with amazing vendors and Abbie as a coordinator made for the wedding of my dreams. The scenic mountain views here are truly breathtaking. And I was able to relax and have the BEST weekend with all my friends and family since I knew Abbie had everything under control. I couldn't recommend Leatherwood enough for either a wedding or just a vacation!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/1/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, Glassware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, Pet Friendly, Wireless Internet, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Wine, Buffet