60 Reviews for Leatherwood Mountains

Linens (2)
Plated (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
60 Leatherwood Mountains Reviews

Leatherwood is such a wonderful place to get married, the amenities are abundant and the staff is amazing. Abbie is an incredible coordinator. She is so helpful, caring, funny, and guys….she really knows her stuff! My mother and I would not have been able to pull this wedding off without her. Trevor’s food is so delicious, guests from our wedding are still raving about him/food. Abbie was very accommodating and patient. She has great suggestions and ideas if you’re feeling stuck when it comes to the decision-making process. Leatherwood made everything so easy and enjoyable that if we had to do this all over again (thank God we don’t) we would not hesitate to go straight to the wonderful people at Leatherwood Mountain Resort, they're AMAZING!

Profile Picture Traci , 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Abbie and Trevor have been so great to work with! We have visited a few times for consultations and have enjoyed staying at Leatherwood during our visits. We are looking forward to our wedding!

Profile Picture User6952102, Recently Married, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Wheelchair Access, Buffet

Abbie Hanchey, Trevor and the Leatherwood Mountains team made our daughter and her new husband's wedding weekend amazing! Our group rented 17 cabins and a campsite for the weekend which made it feel like one huge family. The guests enjoyed everything Leatherwood has to offer - hiking, camping, horseback riding, beautiful cabins and gorgeous scenery. As our wedding planner Abbie kept us organized and calm. She had great suggestions for ceremony, cocktails and reception. The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner catered by Leatherwood , followed by campfire and s'mores, were so fun and the food was delicious. Wedding day dawned sunny and perfect. After days of rain Abbie had ordered sun for the big day. Our ceremony site by the Hendrix cabin was beautiful. Cocktail hour on the cabin porch was relaxed and fun. Many compliments were received on the yummy cocktails. The reception in the pavilion was so gorgeous. As the bride and groom departed under a canopy of sparklers, the perfect day came to a close. Many, many guests told us it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they had ever attended. Thank you Abbie and Leatherwood. You have become family to us.

Profile Picture Debbie, 9/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married in April 2017 and doing it at Leatherwood was an amazing decision. I practically fell in love with Abbie and she was half my sanity on my wedding day. I knew she had all of the details of my wedding well organized and was taking care of everything. Meeting with her was like meeting one of my best friends for coffee. To give you a bit more details...

1. We initially chose Leatherwood because of how affordable it was to have family and friends stay in cabins for a vacation-like experience, given they would be traveling a great distance to our home state. They all absolutely loved it and it provided a way for family that doesn't get to see each other often to spend time together, even though we couldn't be everywhere at once. There were so many cabins to choose from and they loved them. We even got a discount on the venue for renting so many cabins!

2. The employees are SO kind. It was Southern hospitality and care all around.

3. We had the rehearsal dinner there on Friday and Leatherwood catered that meal as well as our wedding meal. Their food was so good and unbelievably affordable.

4. Our pictures are to die for. There are mountains and streams in so many of our pictures and video and they turned out so beautiful.

5. Did I mention Abbie? I paid for the coordinating package that she offers (super affordable and HIGHLY recommend) and it was like having a right hand lady. She does this all the time, so she was very well organized and knew ahead of time the questions to ask. She was always there when I needed her and always responded to my emails so quickly. We truly have gained a friend.

6. We had a 4 month engagement and booked Leatherwood 3 and a half months before we got married - for a highly desired venue, that was super quick!

We love Leatherwood and hope that you will too!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Joanna, 4/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Perfection from start to finish, everyone made the day beyond anything I could've ever managed! Having to leave was the only bad part! Abbie was so accommodating she made the whole process stress free and enjoyable, I'm so happy to be apart of the leatherwood family!

Profile Picture Geena, 10/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Travel, Wedding Planning

My wife and I just had our wedding here and everything from beginning to end was perfect. Abbie was our coordinator and her involvement from the initial planning stages to the day of the wedding itself was indispensable. My wife began planning months in advance and once we chose Leatherwood Abbie helped every step of the way. She made herself available at all times no matter what day of the week or time, she helped pick out vendors and coordinated schedules with them. You could tell she was passionate about our personal event and on the day of the wedding she and her staff shone. Every little thing was handled flawlessly and we could not have been happier.
As for the cabins, they were also fantastic. They were clean when we checked in and the views were phenomenal. Each cabin has privacy and quiet. We utilized 7 cabins for the bridal party, and family members and each one was excellent. There were no complaints from anyone over the entire weekend. I would say that one needs to come prepared. Bring food, and any odds and ends you might not think you need. The cabins will have most amenities, and anything they don't have the front office at the bottom of the mountain will be more than happy to provide, but it's a bit of a drive (around 10 minutes depending on your cabin) and coming prepared can save you a bit of time.
The horseback riding is gorgeous and Hugh clearly knows his stuff when it comes to horses. He looks very comfortable in the saddle and will make sure that you are as well. He takes time to match you with a horse whose temperament matches your own.
Overall at the end of the weekend we did not want to leave, and we will be returning, probably annually to celebrate anniversaries and take in the gorgeous views again.

Profile Picture Jeremiah & Katie, 10/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Abbie is the coordinator for leatherwood and she is amazing to work with. She made every detail of our special day exactly how we envisioned it! This venue everything is a'la'cart which has it upsides and downsides. So for a 'do it yourself' bride this is a great venue because you have complete control of creating every little detail you want. The downfall is can become a little expensive when you add a lot of extras other than the basics into your day. Although if you keep it simple this venue can be very affordable as well.

Profile Picture User7369735, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Abbie & Leatherwood are amazing to work with. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect and I didn't have to stress about making sure everything was covered.

Profile Picture Katye, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There could not have been a better place to have our wedding. Abbie and the whole team were the greatest a bride could ask for. Thanks for making our special day even more fabulous!

Profile Picture Kim, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so pleased to have stumbled across a beautiful venue for our ceremony and reception. Curtis and I visited multiple sites that we had researched via the internet and weddingwire apps and Leatherwood Mountains is the ONLY one that BY FAR exceeded our expectations in person. Most other venues post the best of the best photos online and fall short in person. It is the opposite at Leatherwood. Pictures just cannot do the ceremony and reception sites justice, much less the gorgeous details and handcrafted expertise that lies in each of the homes available for rent as well. The icing on the cake was when we experienced the most incredible views from the porches of every home we toured that we have ever seen. This was THE PLACE we had to have our epic wedding weekend!

Abbie Hanchey, the event and marketing director, has absolutely been the glue that has held us together. Not only is she knowledgeable, creative, flexible and intuitive to your needs, she is also calm, reassuring and the perfect antidote to the frazzled moments you sometimes have as a bride to be (even if you ASSURE yourself that would NEVER happen to you....it might....). ;)

If you are looking for a mountain venue for your wedding you NEED to see Leatherwood in person. You will have a zen moment, everything will click into place, trust me.

Profile Picture Tracey, 5/14/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Buffet, Dessert, Outside Cake, Plated, Linens

Abbie was incredible to work with and helped us to pull together a beautiful and memorable wedding we will treasure forever. She was instrumental in connecting us with the caterer, minister and horse carriage service. We could not have had such a special day without all of her help!

Profile Picture User6044379, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Dessert, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Leatherwood is a great venue with a reliable and friendly staff. Perfect vistas and a quintessential mountain surrounding mark this property. Peaceful, but never to far from anything you might need. Loved getting married here and look forward to visiting again…and again.

Profile Picture User6061745, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Buffet, Outside Cake, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Decor, Uncovered Outdoor, Specialty Beer

Best money we spent on the entire wedding was to have Abbie as our Wedding Planner.

Profile Picture User5517378, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Abbie did an absolutely amazing job getting everything organized the day of our wedding. Not only did she suggest great vendors for us to decide between, she took the extra time to help us come up with some ideas and just personalize everything. Leatherwood is a hidden treasure. My family and I vacationed there when I was young and to come back to get away and get married was just perfect. Thank you all so much for making our day amazing and unforgettable!

Profile Picture Mariah, 8/29/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Decor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor

Abby and the staff at Leatherwood was awesome! They really helped me pull off my dream wedding! It was a gorgeous venue and everything was flawless! I also had the restaurant located at Leatherwood cater our food and everything was delicious! All of my guests raved about the location and food! I couldn't be happier with my experience!! Thank you!

Profile Picture Stephenie, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Beautiful location for our wedding!!

Abbie the event planner was the best she really goes out of her way to make sure everything is taken care of

Profile Picture Joy, 10/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Leatherwood made our dream wedding come true. They were so professional and helpful through the entire planning process. Abbie and her husband Trevor coordinated our vendors, ceremony, rehearsal dinner food, reception drinks, decoration set-up, the list goes on. A breathtaking venue nestled on a horse farm in the Smokey Mountains, our autumn wedding was magical. Would do it all over again.

Profile Picture Piper, 10/18/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Abbie and her staff were the absolute best! They worked with my vision to the very last detail. Most of the work that goes into a wedding happens before the day of and she was there every step of the way. The wedding day was beautiful - they have a perfect set up and the staff to manage it. Our guests loved the breathtaking views and incredible cabins. We plan to visit every year for our anniversary!

Profile Picture Tara, 10/4/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had an absolutely beautiful day and would recommend Leatherwood to anyone looking for a wedding venue.

Profile Picture Kendra, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had the most perfect wedding weekend at Leatherwood Mountains. Abbie, the event coordinator at Leatherwood, was amazing to work with. My wedding day would not have gone so flawlessly without her expertise and opinions. I really enjoyed working with a coordinator from the actual venue. She has seen so many different weddings that she knew what worked the best in each area. Our guests loved that they were able to make a mini vacation out of our wedding weekend by staying at the vacation cabins at Leatherwood. The cabins were absolutely gorgeous, and enabled us to continue the party with our family and friends even after the wedding reception was over. It was perfect, and I cannot thank the Leatherwood crew enough for all of their help.

Profile Picture Katlyn, 9/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Leatherwood was an absolutely beautiful place to get married. The entire staff was amazing. Abbie Hanchey was incredible. She was our wedding coordinator for the Friday and Saturday for our wedding weekend and she went above and beyond to make our day truly special. Abbie and the Leatherwood staff were so helpful throughout out our entire wedding planning process. They are extremely easy to work with and very flexible. They made it very easy for us to do everything we wanted to do and then some!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/7/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Andy and I had the perfect wedding at Leatherwood Mountains this April. I could not recommend Abbie (the event coordinator) more highly. Abbie understood exactly what we wanted, she was creative, resourceful, and handled all of the small details within our budget. The venue is simply beautiful, and the cabins are perfect for a romantic and relaxing honeymoon. We could not have been happier, and we are so pleased that we shared the day with our family and friends at Leatherwood Mountains.

Profile Picture Laura, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Abbie made our wedding rehearsal and stay at Leatherwood an exciting and most memorable event.. She was totally selfless in the performance of her duties to make us feel at home.. She was always a "Yes we can do that" or "We can make that happen"! She reacted quickly and with great care to see that our moments we enjoyable even with the ever changing weather conditions.. I will and have recommended to others to visit Leatherwood and have some if the same happy experiences we did.. We look forward to returning to Leatherwood and enjoy more time to see the other things that time would not allow for this past trip. Thanks to all the staff again for making our time there a great one..

Profile Picture Dean, 3/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely perfect!! I can't say enough about how important and amazing it was for us to have our wedding at Leatherwood Mountains. Besides the obvious naturally gorgeous scenery, every other detail from start to finish was perfect. We planned our wedding in 3 months (whew!) which wasn't even hard because of Abbie. Most of the vendors we used were recommended by her, which saved so much time and headache, and they all worked out wonderfully. She was so helpful and supportive throughout the process, even with us being 6 hours away! She helped orchestrate our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception on site that was in every way what we wanted- beautiful, personal, intimate, fun and relaxing. Almost all of our guests stayed in cabins at the resort and couldn't say enough about how nice the cabins were, and loved spending time there the whole weekend. The entire staff at Leatherwood is lovely. One minute (literally) before our ceremony started, we realized our marriage license was in our cabin, at least a 5 minute drive from the ceremony site. Abbie remained so calm and had another staff member go and get it for us and it was there in time when we needed it at the end. We didn't have to worry about a thing the whole weekend! If you are lucky enough to score an open weekend here, jump on it- you will be so grateful for the quality, service, reasonable pricing and overall incredible experience you will have!

Profile Picture Maggie, 10/5/13, 5 Reviews