Le Pavillon Hotel Reviews

6 Reviews for Le Pavillon Hotel

1 User photo

Kim · Married on 12/08/2018

Wonderful wedding reception venue

Beautiful hotel that has been renovated. The lobby is fabulous and leads into Crystal
    Ballroom. The food was delicious and staff extremely helpful with planning. Our guests enjoyed their weekend in NOLA. The location of hotel is perfect. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/22/2018

Matt · Married on 10/01/2016

Le Pavillon did a beautiful job for our wedding! All of our guests raved about how it was the best wedding they ever attended, and the attention to detail paid by the staff was certainly what made the difference. Even though the catering/wedding staff at the hotel turned over twice during our year of planning, those who ended up executing in the end really made sure that our vision played out perfectly. By far, the food and beverage services were the best part of the weekend. Chef Adam really took care of us and every bite of food and sip of drink we had was fantastic. The food service was carried out without any problems, and although we were at first disappointed that jazz brunch had been canceled the following morning, the staff made up for it with the complimentary mimosas for us and our group of 20+ for the lunch buffet, and turned on some fun jazz music in the room anyway. Pam and Calvin deserve the highest accolades when it comes to the reception. Calvin really executed everything perfectly with the room setup and decorations - better than I could've imagined even if I'd done it all myself! Pam took care of us every second of the night. I was actually not feeling very well at all on my wedding day, and she mixed up something at the bar that settled my stomach instantly and allowed us to eat, drink, and dance the night away with no regrets. There were some problems with hotel housekeeping and our guests being charged incorrect amounts for their stays as parts of the room block at the hotel, but overall I am quite satisfied and would do everything exactly the same way again if given the chance. Just fantastic!

Sent on 10/07/2016
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 11/07/2014

This hotel was a stunning backdrop for our wedding. The staff is so incredibly helpful and friendly. They are so willing to make not only our stay wonderful but also our guests' stay. We used the Crystal Ball room for our reception and the only decorations I added were some centerpieces for the tables. They do offer some as part of the package, but I wanted to make my own. They are really good about fixing issues quickly and with as little stress on their guests as possible. One of my vases broke in transit and one of the hotel event organizers offered to lend me one from her own house! It is also located within walking distance of Bourbon if you so chose, not a short walk but totally doable. I am so glad we chose this beautiful hotel for our wedding.

Sent on 04/08/2015

C. Allison · Married on 05/10/2008

This hotel was very responsive and it is beautiful. The Crystal Room is gorgeous and needs basically no flowers or other decorations which saves money. We also rented the bar so people could get away from the band if they wanted to. The package includes cake and the bridal suite for one night.

Sent on 06/03/2008

rachel · Married on 04/11/2015

3.4
      3.0

We stayed at the Pavillon for our wedding weekend. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, but a couple problems we experienced put a damper on our time there. For starters, the junior suite we booked ($450/night) was actually just the size of an average hotel room, which was a problem since the entire wedding party would be getting ready there. The Pavillon staff were very nice when we asked them if we were actually in the correct room just after check-in, and they also checked to see if they could put us in a bigger room, but unfortunately everything was booked. Still, that room really should not be called a suite, and should not cost what it does.

The biggest issue, however, was the fact that our room was not cleaned on our wedding day. I had emailed the Pavillon in advance asking for something special, if possible, for when we got back from getting married, like rose petals on the bed. Instead, we came back from our wedding to find a completely trashed room, with coffee pots, old shrimp, clothing, make-up and wine bottles all over the place from where we'd gotten ready earlier that day. This completely spoiled the mood of our wedding night. I wound up putting a bunch of the stuff into the hallway to get it out of the way (and get rid of the smell of old food), and put a note on the door saying "DO NOT DISTURB" (there was no DND sign in our room). Despite this fact, one of the hotel staff KNOCKED ON OUR DOOR at 5 am to ask if we wanted the stuff in the hallway taken away!! Ok, if it's a bunch of half-eaten food in the hallway, doesn't that mean we want it taken away?? And who knocks on the door at five o'clock in the morning, especially when there is a sign specifically saying not to bother us??

The Pavillon staff were otherwise extremely friendly and gracious. But the experience on our wedding night, which should have been impeccable, was inexcusable. In the future, I will probably just stay at the Westin.

Sent on 05/01/2015
  • Y

Yorleny · Married on 02/20/2016

0.4
      0.5

A BRIDE'S FAIRYTALE TURNED NIGHTMARE! Where do i begin?.. We planned our destination wedding in New Orleans and we took our time to select our venue , after meeting with Gwen the event coordinator at that time and reading countless wonderful reviews we chose le Pavillon for our reception. The Hotel is beautiful , kinda reminded me of Cinderella's white Castle. Gwen was very nice and very helpful. At the begininng everything looked like it was going to be nothing less than a fairytale wedding for us. I dreamed of that day in that place over and over, many times. 9 months down the line we planned another trip to the Nola to meet with vendors and we scheduled a food tasting with Gwen , when we got there we were informed that Gwen was no longer working with them or that she was only working only part time we don't know because we never got the right story but this is when the nightmare began. They were not prepared for our tasting, they said their head chef was on a trip to visit his sick son . Ye,t we came to find out later on that they had fired their head chef . 3 MONTHS BEFORE THE DAY! No one was getting back to us , Stephany kept giving us the run around with things . My husband tried to contacting the GM many times before he finally decided to get back to us. He left a message on his phone admitting to have dropped the ball with our wedding event due to lastminute changes . My nerves were so bad that it caused me to have a massive panic attack , i had to get prescribed medication by my Doctor. I thought we were going to have to call off the entire wedding at that point. Thankfully we were able to find a venue very, very last minute and we asked for a full refund on the deposit we had already made. Things worked out for the better after that , we ended up having our wedding reception at JW Marriott and it was AMAZING! If you're thinking of booking this venue for a destination wedding i would do alot of research on this place,first BECAREFUl!

Sent on 03/10/2016