Layers Sensational Cakes Reviews

Layers Sensational Cakes 5
Layers Sensational Cakes 6
Layers Sensational Cakes 7

Liz · Married on 06/29/2013

AMAZING!!!!!!!! We had a lemon cake and a death by chocolate cake. Absolutely incredible. The cakes were light and complemented our food and wedding. Easy from the tasting to the event. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Nelli · Married on 05/26/2013

What a stunning and delicious cake! So helpful and they give you great suggestions. I just looked through their gallery, picked my favorite cake, and they personalized it with the colors of our wedding. We had an out of town wedding planned in 6 weeks ...Very easy and stress free :). And may I add DELICIOUS! Thank you :)

Sent on 07/10/2013

Kandace · Married on 04/06/2013

THE BEST BAKERY EVER!!! Not only did Hazel and the team at Layer's create the perfect look for our destination wedding, it was the most sensational tasting cakes ever. Every single guest raved about the cakes. How much else could a bride and groom ask for.

Sean and Kandace

Sent on 04/17/2013

Tracy · Married on 04/05/2013

I was so impressed with Layers cake, not only was it delicious it was so beautiful. I had sent them a picture of what I wanted my bouquet to look like and they created the most amazing cake. My guests were so impressed and once they tasted it, they loved it. It was so unbelievably delicious that not a piece was left.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Dorothy · Married on 03/23/2013

Beautiful cake that travelled well

Sent on 04/09/2013

With it being a destination wedding we thought we would have a hard time with choosing our vendors, but once making the trip and having our cake tasting we absolutely fell in love with our cake decision! Loved or cake!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Kathy · Married on 07/20/2012

Beautiful cake!! Plus it tasted so good. We had the princess flavor and our guest love it. They were easy to work with plus the price was reasonable. I would recommend them again.

Sent on 10/09/2012

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2012

Hazel and her staff are wonderful! I planned my wedding from Colorado, and Hazel was wonderful over the phone. Then, when we were in town for our one visit to finalize everything for our wedding, we had a tasting. The staff who greeted us were wonderful! They offered my whole group (me, my now husband, my in-laws, and my mother) coffee while we waited. Then, Hazel was so warm and friendly as she guided us through the tasting and lookbook. Our cake was absolutely delicious, and it was just gorgeous. We had different flavored layers: death by chocolate, princess, and lemon, and they were all DELICIOUS. I highly recommend Layers if you are looking for a bakery to make your wedding cake!

Sent on 02/20/2013

Dianne · Married on 01/14/2012

Layer's Sensational Cakes is the best! We went in about 3 months before our wedding. We got to do a cake tasting which was like heaven already. They are very flexible as to how you want it to be designed. You can have any color you want. Also, if you want flowers on the cake, you can just have someone deliver real flowers the day before the wedding and they can decorate it ever so beautifully for you. Although we only got the 3-tiered cake, they have other services like getting an extra sheet cake for serving or even cupcakes if you want them! We chose the red velvet for our bottom layer (it is to die for!), the white with raspberry for our second layer and the lemon cake for our top layer (which is in our freezer just waiting to be eaten). As long as your reception is in the Monterey area, they will deliver it for free! This is part of their services which is awesome. I can't say enough how much their cakes taste soooo gooood! We worked with Hazel, who is so amazaing. She was very flexible with us and asked us how we wanted it designed. She can recommend different types of icings, flavors, designs for you. Also, I believe if you are a local or you are in the military, you can get a 10% discount, which helps out a lot. My brother had his wedding on 10/08/10 and recommended us to go to Layers for our wedding cake as well. I recommend everyone to use them! They have wonderful services, but most of all delicious cakes! :)

Sent on 02/01/2012

Rina · Married on 08/13/2011

We had a destination wedding, so we unfortunately couldn't go cake tasting in the Monterey Peninsula. But it was very easy to work with Layers from a distance. I talked to a few bakeries, but they were the most flexible, more affordable and had the flavors we wanted: carrot cake/cream cheese & chocolate/raspberry hazelnut :) Our wedding was in a vineyard with an outside ceremony and a fun wedding reception inside the barrel room, so we wanted a cake to go with it: elegant simplicity with an organic feel. After only a couple of phone calls and emails with Hazel, we decided on a three tiered french butter cream topping decorated with natural flowers. I barely had a few bites on our wedding day, but i was glad to take the top tiered carrot cake...it was very moist and delicious. Needless to say, we're not doing the 1 year anniversary tradition..it was breakfast for a few days :

Sent on 10/19/2011

Kelly · Married on 08/12/2011

Layers provided the cupcakes for my wedding. They made everything very easy. We walked in, grabbed a sample box of their flavors to taste at home, and then went back a few weeks later and made our decisions. They were very helpful in determining the amount cupcakes, what flavors, and how many of each kind to get. They also through in an extra cake for us to use for the cake cutting at no extra charge. We paid a little extra and they delivered the cupcakes to the venue and set them up on the stands that we provided. A friend used them at her wedding for her cake and recommended them to me and would also recommend them to any of my friends.

Sent on 12/28/2011

Lisa · Married on 07/31/2011

Layers has been around so long for a reason: because they are simply the best. Beautiful, delicious cakes. What else could you ask for?

Sent on 09/06/2011

Dani · Married on 06/25/2011

Our experience with Layers Bakery was fantastic from the initial tasting and consultation to our wedding day. Our cake looked just as we envisioned and tasted amazing! We've received so many compliments from our friends and family. We will definitely be back for more!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Donna · Married on 06/19/2010

Thanks, Layers, for a scrum-diddly-umptious wedding cake! I wish I hadn't let my hubby-to-be talk me out of getting 4 layers instead of only 3. The guests wanted to try both flavors, then went back for even more! So even though we only had about 65 people there, I was left with only about 5 or 6 servings. Guess some of them were gluttons-in-hiding, like me.

I don't think the top layer will last a year chilling in the freezer. I'll blame a power outage causing the cake to go bad if/when my hubby discovers the box missing. I'd blame the dog, but we don't have a dog. And thanks for the sample cakes and the surprise apple pie waiting for us when we got back to our suite after the reception! Suh-weeet beginning to a wonderful marriage!

Sent on 07/05/2010

Sharon · Married on 05/30/2010

Dear Tony,

I just wanted to take time to say, THANK YOU!

The wedding cake you prepared for my daughter's wedding was delicious, as well as beautiful & elegant. It was just what Diandra had envisioned. You even fulfilled our special request for a layer of funfetti flavor with french buttercream filling.

Thank you for the part you played in making this a special day to remember!

Sincerely,
    Sharon Walls

Sent on 06/14/2010

Judy · Married on 09/19/2009

My cake was a work of art! And so tasty! I had no idea what could be done with wedding cakes, and was so pleased with everything.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Emily · Married on 06/27/2009

Layers is GREAT!! We weren't interested in a traditional wedding cake, because we aren't cake fans. Instead, we got 14 raspberry cheesecakes!! Layers has the BEST cheesecake ever, and they transported really well (from Monterey down to Morro Bay, CA). The staff was SO helpful, and the cakes just made our event awesome! Thank you!

Sent on 12/29/2009
  • Merapi36

Heather · Married on 04/18/2009

I was pretty busy at my wedding and so I don't really recall how the cake tasted, however, I remember from my tastings that the cake here is just devine. Plus all my guests later told me that they rushed back and ate as many cupcakes as they could get their hands on. It was a big hit!
    I just ordered a small 2tier cake in sea green, they put some really pretty seashell decor on them, then I had a cupcake tower those were also decorated with shells.

my only recomendation is to go for the 3 teir cake, i didn't realize until i saw it how small 2 tiers look next to a huge cupcake tower :) great service, Tony was awesome to work with.

Sent on 05/05/2009
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 10/04/2008

Layers did both the groom's cake (carrot cake shaped like a Super Mario mushroom), and our wedding cake (3 tier death by chocolate with marzipan). Both were so delicious, and both didn't have that stale wedding cake taste. They were moist and fresh tasting. All our guests loved the cake, we can't wait for our 1 year anniversary to eat it again!

Sent on 10/21/2008
  • Stefanie

Stefanie · Married on 08/02/2008

Layers is my favorite bakery in Monterey, so of course I wanted them for my wedding cake. They did not disappoint! They sat down with me and let me taste the various cakes and icings. The red velvet was my favorite because it seemed to have a little bit of a chocolate taste which made it that much better. They even left room for my florist to add her own personal touches (per my request). Thanks again Layers, you're the best!

Sent on 07/21/2010
  • kaycerenee

Kayce · Married on 04/26/2008

Layers did an AMAZING job on our cake! I literally gasped when I saw it. I sent one tiny picture I had found online of the dream cake. Our cake looked EXACTLY like it. It was absolutely perfect, and tasted great! I overheard my brother-in-law saying, 'Now this is what cake should taste like!' Their services were arranged through the Highlands Inn in Carmel, so I can't speak directly to the quality of the service. What I do know is that it was there on time and exactly what we wanted. I'd highly recommend them. If you'd like to see pictures of our beautiful cake, check out our wedding website under the 'Wedding Photos' tab.

Sent on 05/09/2008

Heather · Married on 04/12/2008

Tony was always available to answer questions and make suggestions. My family has ordered cakes from Layers for years and they did an amazing job on my sister's wedding cake -- so I knew they were a bakery that I could trust.

Sent on 08/07/2008

Lindsay · Married on 10/13/2007

I was extremely happy with Layers cake. I had envisioned a cake and had shown them about 3 different photos to get what I wanted. They did exactly that. I was a little nervous about putting together, teal, orange and green, but they did it perfect. I wish I could attach a photo. The cake was the talk of the lunch and everyone who saw a photo thought it was the coolest cake ever.

Sent on 03/09/2008
  • ObviouslyAnnie

Ann · Married on 09/29/2007

The only thing that can be said for this amazing business is that the very day we had our cake tasting with them, we signed a contract, paid them in full up front and cancelled our appointments with other bakeries. Not only are their cakes absolutely beautiful, but they taste indescribable. Seriously, they have cakes with names like “Death by Chocolate,” “Princess Cake” and “Italian Rum” with fillings like Hazelnut Cream and Lemon Curd that can be smothered in things like Poured White Chocolate or Marzipan!!!!! Honestly, we can’t drive anywhere in or near Monterey since that fateful cake tasting appointment, without stopping for a bite. And yes, they sell it by the slice and the variety available by slice changes daily.

Sent on 08/28/2008

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2007

They were able to custom design an amazing cake.

Sent on 09/26/2007