Layered Reviews

Layered  3
Layered  4
Layered  5

Stephanie · Married on 04/20/2018

We loved our cakes from Layered! Everything is all natural and from scratch, and the cakes were delicious and beautiful. Shannon sat with us during our entire cake tasting, and was very attentive and invested in our thoughts and what we envisioned. We were not only sold on the best cake we had ever tasted and priced very reasonably, but her professionalism and friendly demeanor made for an amazing experience overall. The best part? The bakery is also a coffee and lunch shop where she sells her "wedding cake" flavor cupcakes on a regular basis! We will be returning for those as well :)

Sent on 06/18/2018

Heather · Married on 02/24/2018

From the beginning till the end everything was just perfect!! I got my dream wedding cake!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Katie · Married on 01/06/2018

So creative! I love her unique ideas and designs! Shannon created the perfect cake for my most perfect day. Not only did it look good it tasted amazing!!!!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Mariya · Married on 09/04/2016

We loved loved our dessert table! Very well done. Looked beautiful. The cakes were gorgeous. Everyone was so impressed with the artistry in both the wedding and the groom's cake. Amazing presentation.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Debbie · Married on 10/24/2015

Shannon made a beautiful wedding cake and so delicious! We also had an assortment of mini desserts and they were delicious as well!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Brianna · Married on 05/29/2015

Shannon Star at Layered Bake Shop could be on Cake Boss & other baking shows! She's so talented. She's a small all organic baker that has the best cakes in town. She's above all the others in the industry. I wouldn't want to go with anyone else! Thanks Shannon for baking me the most amazing cake. I still have guests raving about your cake-even those that don't like desserts!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Mandi · Married on 04/04/2015

I can't say enough about Shannon! She is such an artist and went above and beyond on this event. It was my first time working with her, and she was in the middle of a shop remodel with wedding season kicking into full force, no needless to say she had her plate full. Nevertheless though, she was able to create a unique design for a refreshingly non-typical bride who wanted a circus-chic wedding. Even at the last minute, when the bride found photo of a beautiful carousel cake, Shannon somehow created an edible carousel tier, which was so unique and flawless. She also coordinated with our florist to create an idea we had for a "dessert tree" which turned out beautifully and wowed all the guests. My client was happy, I was happy and will absolutely call her for my next event!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Emily · Married on 03/21/2015

We used Layered Bake Shop for the wedding and grooms cake and both were so perfect! We couldn't have imagined more beautiful, detailed and amazing tasting cakes! Shannon was very fantastic to work with and I gave her full design trust and what she created what exactly like I had imagined! Everyone complimented on the cakes and how beautiful and wonderful tasting they were!

Sent on 04/02/2015

I had a wonderful experience working with Layered Bake Shop for our wedding cakes. Shannon took all of my ideas and reception details and designed a cake table that was even better than what I had originally envisioned. The amount of detail that she put into our cakes matched so many of the details of our reception that were special to me. Shannon is not only incredibly creative, but was a complete pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. I have nothing but positive things to say about my experience and would recommend Layered to anyone!

Sent on 03/08/2015

A better description is wedding cake and dessert bar! The cake was amazing, gorgeous, and (i hear, since i'm gluten free and got a regular cake) absolutely delicious! We did a lemon cake with Italian buttercream and berry jelly in the layers, and it was scraped clean down to the cake giving it a modern take on the naked cake. It was perfect.

The dessert bar was to die for. Everyone kept asking about the macaroons, and all the colors coordinated with the wedding. The coffee cake cupcakes were the biggest hit from what a few guests mentioned, but nothing was left to determine anything else :)

Sent on 12/02/2014

We were thrilled with Shannon at Layered Bake Shop. As a woman-owned business in McKinney, we also wanted to support a local bakery. Shannon sketched wild and exciting designs for our kangaroo mascot-themed groom's cake, and made my sugar dreams come true with a white four-tiered elegant cake draped with hydrangeas. We were thrilled!

Sent on 08/19/2014

Joy · Married on 06/28/2014

Shannon is more than a baker, she is an artist! We first fell in love with Shannon when we met her at her unique, adorable store! The cake tasting was very relaxed and included flavors we had never heard of before! She listened to our ideas for the wedding cakes and groom's cake, and you can tell she was excited to work her magic! Weeks before the wedding, we were presented with final sketches and on our wedding, we saw our vision come to life.

We opted for three separate cakes instead of the traditional single cake to allow more opportunities for different designs. The groom's cake was a beer bucket with real beer bottles settled on top - a favorite of the guests! Shannon is a joy to work with and we would recommend her to anyone who is looking for beautiful designs and amazing flavors!

Sent on 07/30/2014

maureen · Married on 05/10/2014

Shannon at Layered created our wedding cake, groom's cake and a surprise cake for my mother at our rehearsal dinner. We paid her a flat fee and she created whatever we wanted with as many flavors of cake and icing that we wanted.

She can literally create anything you come up with. She is so creative. My husband wanted a tackle box cake with several different little details and she was excited for the challenge and came up with an amazing design.

Most importantly, aside from the beauty of the wedding cake, it tasted amazing!! We went for a tasting and could not decide on cake/icing combos and ended up using them all. There was NO cake left at the end of our reception!

Shannon is so easy to work with and so laid back. Plus her shop is the most adorable store in Downtown McKinney. We will certainly use her again for future events!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Oh. My. Word. Everything that Shannon made was gorgeous, creative, and truly perfect. Also, they TASTE AMAZING. This is 3rd time we have ordered from Shannon, and my lovely new husband was reluctant to meet with any other bakery because he knew how amazing Layered's cakes taste. They also look flawless. Shannon also came up with a cute quirk/joke to incorporate into the cakes which was a big hit. She is a long drive away from us, but I don't think we will ever order cakes from anyone else!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Jenny · Married on 11/02/2013

The most beautiful and delicious cakes ever! We were so delighted to work with Shannon at Layered Bake Shop. She is great and her work in incredible! Would recommend to anyone needing a cake!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Cristal · Married on 11/02/2013

You must, must, must use Shannon and Layered for your wedding, birthday party, anything! Shannon is amazing and so creative! Easy to work with, affordable, so talented and more! She gives you exactly what you are looking for. Everyone raved about our wedding cake...both the gorgeous design and absolutely DELICIOUS flavor! And you must stop by the bakery for one of her delicious treats!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/13/2013

Shannon and her Layered team were absolutely amazing. Shannon listened to exactly what we were envisioning for our dessert bar and helped us design and calculate the amount and types of desserts we would need. On our wedding day everything was beyond beautiful to look at and even more delicious. All of our guests loved our desserts. Shannon was so sweet for every meeting, email and phone call that we had and so were her Layered staff.

I very HIGHLY recommend Layered Bake Shop for all of your wedding dessert needs. I will definitely be using Layered for every holiday and event that requires a sweet treat from now on. LOVE.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Shannon did an amazing job with the cupcakes for our wedding. She made sure the set up was perfect for the venue and not to mention they were delicious! My guest loved them! I plan on using her for other occasions as well.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Heather · Married on 09/21/2013

Shannon and Layered Bake Shop took our vision for amazing desserts and wedding cakes to a level I never knew existed! Our cakes and our HUGE dessert table were all anyone could talk about. With each meeting that we had with her the more we ended up ordering because I couldn't imagine not having every single thing that they make on our dessert table! Our wedding cake was not only beautiful but tasted AMAZING!!! And don't get me started on the groom's cake-- chocolate covered bacon-- I don't need to say more. I'm looking for excuses now to throw parties just so I can order more yumminess from Shannon!!!!!!

Sent on 09/25/2013

brittany · Married on 09/21/2013

Shannon is a cake genius, she took our ideas and flavors and turned them into something so fun and beautiful I never could have imagined it! Our grooms cake was zombie themed and was a great hit with her little gory figures!

Sent on 10/22/2013

lisa · Married on 09/21/2013

Baked goods were fantastic. Several of the items were vegan and delicious.

Sent on 01/13/2014

Natalie · Married on 09/14/2013

Shannon is so creative, talented and makes the best cakes I have ever had. I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth so of course i took some serious action when it came down to picking out our bakery for our wedding day. Im so glad I found Layered bake shop. It was love at first bite:) She doesn't use lard, crisco or any other of those yucky ingredients. Everything was so pure, fresh, and decedent. She makes the most beautiful and unique cakes i have ever seen. I am truly in LOVE with our perfect wedding cakes. So much so, that I woke up at 5am the morning following our wedding to eat some more cake. Shannon is such a talented artist and baker!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Ariana · Married on 08/31/2013

My cake was AMAZING!!! Not only did it taste delicious, the design was exactly what I wanted and so much move!! My husband and I highly recommend this to anyone looking to have an amazing cake make their special day complete!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/29/2013

Shannon did an amazing job with our wedding cakes! I came to her with an idea of what I might like and I completely let her run with the design. We ended up having multiple cakes (of design and flavor) and they matched perfectly with the overall design of the wedding. My husband went to OSU, so he wanted a Pistol Pete grooms cake. The cake was absolutely spectacular. And they all tasted great too!

We would definitely recommend Layered Bake Shop for your wedding or any other special event.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/27/2013

Shannon was a dream come true. She took my crazy grooms cake idea and ran with it...and my husband LOVED it. Our cakes and desert bar items were delicious and I am still getting compliments. We had no leftovers!!!

Sent on 05/14/2013