LaVera Party Center Reviews

49 | Willoughby, OH

49 Reviews for LaVera Party Center

Russ · Married on 09/05/2014

Phenomenal.....That is the easiest way to describe our experience with La Vera for our sons wedding. Anthony, Mary and the entire staff at La vera were simply outstanding.

The room was set up beautifully, the food was great, as usual, and the entire experience was a pleasure. Our guests could not have been more complimentary of the entire evening.

Thank you La Vera for helping make our son and daughter in-law's day very special

Sent on 09/08/2014

Markita · Married on 07/18/2014

We had the most amazing experience with LaVera! I am sorry it took so long for me to write a review. Anthony was patient with us and worked within our budget. Our wedding was outside on the newly built terrace. It was absolutely beautiful. He had lighting options colored napkins and real dinnerware---not the plastic stuff other places were trying to offer us. The food was awesome. I am still getting compliments about the meatballs and chicken Marsala! Beautiful chandeliers mirrors seating---we had a ball! If you are looking for the whole package, you won't be disappointed! From Kit and Karlin Warren

Sent on 11/21/2014

Molly · Married on 02/28/2014

Anthony, Tony and all the staff at LaVera were great. The food was amazing, the room was so beautiful, and they were totally accommodating, professional and affordable. All the guests were talking about how beautiful everything was, and how delicious the food was. It was perfect!!

Sent on 05/30/2014

Ashley · Married on 08/30/2013

I just had my wedding at Lavera last Friday and cannot believe the compliments I'm receiving from last week!!! Lavera went above and beyond my expectations and everything went perfect!!!!!! I cannot thank the staff at lavera for making my wedding day so magical! The food was absolutely amazing!! I've never had so many people come up to me raving how fabulous the food was!!! The staff was so on top of everything! Everything was just perfect!!!! Just perfect!!! I recommend Lavera to anyone and everyone!! You will not be disappointed!! Anthony is just a joy to work with!!! Love him!! And love everyone at Lavera!!! Thank you again for making my day perfect!!! :)

Sent on 09/08/2013

Rachel · Married on 07/20/2013

We could not say enough great things about LaVera Party Center, Anthony and the staff. I’m so glad that we decided to have our wedding at LaVera and I would advise anyone looking in the area to take a look at LaVera. Anthony gave us his opinion when we needed advice and catered to our every need. We literally had him on speed dial!! He really went out of his way to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams. The staff was so knowledgeable and friendly and I felt completely at ease before and during the wedding. They will take care of you and your guests at the wedding and go above and beyond. The food was absolutely amazing; one of the compliments I received from every guest was how great the food was! I did not hear one complaint from any of our guests about anything! I also loved the rooms they have at the venue. Each room had a unique look and I was in awe when I entered the room for the first time the night of the wedding. Anthony and his staff are amazing to work with and you will not be disappointed. Two months after the wedding and I’m still receiving compliments from guests about how our wedding was one of the best they ever attended! If you are searching for the perfect venue; LaVera wins hands down!!!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Julie · Married on 05/04/2013

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! I can't say enough good things about the quality of service received at LaVera. Everyone was so friendly and willing to accommodate us in every way! The friendliness of all of the staff made them a pleasure to deal with! Anthony and his father are wonderful and you can tell they love doing what they do! The food was fantastic, the rooms beautiful, the bathrooms clean, the property wonderful, and the experience phenomenal! A big thanks to everyone for making our reception fantastic!

Sent on 07/27/2013

Emily · Married on 03/02/2013

Everyone we spoke to at LaVera was very nice and willing to help any way possible. When we first saw the venue we were excited about the "vintage" feel of one of their rooms and could not wait to taste their food. Unfortunately, we were not impressed. When we spoke to several friends and family members, they could not stop speaking about how great the food was, so we decided to ask to retaste. LaVera was more than willing to let us taste again and this time we were thrilled! We were able to talk to the chief and plan the menu exactly the way we wanted. The day of the wedding the food was fantastic. We still have people talking about the chicken and pasta courses. We could not have been happier with the professionalism of the entire venue and how much everyone wanted to make sure we were happy with everything we wanted.

Sent on 04/25/2013

Amanda · Married on 11/10/2012

I was so happy with how my reception turned out at La Vera! People are still talking about how great the food was and how friendly and accomodating the staff was. I would definitely recommend having any event at La Vera. Anthony is a BOSS when it comes to getting things done and making sure they are done right!

Sent on 01/02/2013

Tiffany · Married on 10/20/2012

Amazing !!! Love Anthony ...... He made our night the best night of our lives!!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Alyssa · Married on 10/06/2012

When I think of excellence, the very first thing that comes to my mind is LaVera. Originally we had booked the Croatian Hall for our reception and after the staff lying to us, and being rude,we decided to find a different location. After seeing LaVera, I knew that's where I wanted to be. From day 1, all of the LaVera staff was there for us 100%. They called regularly to check in, wanted to know what questions we had each step of the way and told us they would do whatever it takes to make our day amazing! And that they did. The day of the reception I walked in, and the view took my breath away. It was beautiful!! Anthony approached me and gave me a hug and told me that he was there for ME for whatever I needed that night! And that he was! Now mind you, Anthony is the owner, I never even expected to see him on that day let alone be in the action and doing all he could to make the day perfect! He was there clearing tab.es, helping with cake cutting, poring drinks behind the bar, bringing out food, all the while regularly checking I'm ,e and my husband to make sure we were having the night of our lives. I found out later that he even checked on my mom to make sure she was having fun!! The crazy part is, he was somehow helping out at the other wedding going on too!! I don't knowhow he did it, but he made me feel like the only person he was working with and he executed everything perfectly. The little cuteItalian lady even went and grabbed the MOB and MOG and said "come on the dessert is out," she was very sad when she brought them to the dessert Buffet and realized almost everything was gone! Everyone says the food and the dessert was fantastic!! Not a single complaint! I must say though, by far th best memory I have and the little moment that had the most impact was when Anthony came up to me and asked how my night was, then turned me around and told me to take a deep breath stop and take it all in! That I would want to remember it forever! And thanks to LaVera we will!

Sent on 01/01/2013

Anthony and Carol did a great job they met everyone of our needs. The foods was amazing and they were very easy to work with.

Sent on 08/07/2012

Christine · Married on 09/24/2011

WOW! I don't even know where to begin with this review! Anthony and his family went ABOVE & BEYOND with our wedding! The quality of customer service is unlike anything I have ever experienced! I feel like a part of their family now! Everything from start to finish was perfect and they paid close attention to every single crazy detail that I desired. I wish I could do it all over again! The food was fantastic, bar tenders very friendly and the entire staff very attentive. They deserve more than just a five star rating! I highly reccommend this venue for anyone that is looking for a top notch venue for their event. Best Time Ever!

Sent on 11/12/2011
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 04/30/2011

All of our guests raved about La Vera and their phenomenal food! I can't say enough good things about them! Your guests will not go hungry and Anthony and his staff will take care of anything you need! I HIGHLY recommend them if you are looking for a reasonably priced venue in Cleveland (cake included and your bring in your own alcohol, which definitely cuts down the cost). The only drawback for me was the location - I wanted something downtown with a nice view - but you can't have it all I guess.

Sent on 05/13/2011

Eileen · Married on 09/18/2010

Amazing!!! I loved the hall (crystal room)!!

The food was awesome, came out hot, fresh and delicious. My guests certainly did not leave hungry. Anthony was fantastic, so polite and just on top of everything. I was so impressed with the reception and my cake was included in my package and i loved it. Just amazing!

Sent on 10/20/2011

Michelle · Married on 07/24/2010

La Vera Party Center was absolutely amazing! Their value for cost was exactly what we were looking for - wonderful service at half the cost of the other places we looked. Anthony and his family were more than happy to help with anything we called about, and our wedding was flawless. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 08/11/2010

John · Married on 06/26/2010

Anthony and his staff were awesome. So much fun and well organized. The food was delicious! Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/27/2010

Megan · Married on 03/20/2010

La-Vera had us covered in every shape and form. Also, prior to our event they added some back drop lighting to their decor, which made the room look even more spectacular. Anthony took care of us and responded very quickly to all emails. Every phone call was answered and all questions were immediately answered. They were a pleasure to deal with and all of our guests left happy!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Kerri · Married on 06/29/2013

Anthony Verdone took care of us and our family from the very start. Every detail was taken care of. The cake is also included when you book with this venue and they go through Cakes by Maria and Joe. Our ceremony and reception were both held in the "Crystal" room. On Saturdays they do require a 200 minimum with no exceptions at which you are told from the very start. Anthony and his crew were very professional with everything they did for us and our guests. Another perk to this venue is you provide your own alcohol, in which saved us a lot money compared to other venues in the area. Our guests were very impressed with the food, and especially raved about their homemade meatballs, dessert selections, and the ambiance of the room. We couldn't be happier to have chosen La Vera for taking care of us on our special day.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Danielle · Married on 09/04/2016

Anthony and team did a great job. Hall looked great and food was AMAZING! We got compliments all week about the food. Only compliment is we had told them a certsin liquor was for groom only and they did not communicate with each other so they served entire bottle to the guests. But everything else was great and Anthony was always easy to get a hold of.-

Sent on 09/24/2016

Veronica · Married on 10/27/2012

Everyone who worked at LaVera was very accommodating and willing to work with us. They made the night so incredible.

Sent on 11/28/2012
  • Jessie Lyn

Jessica · Married on 06/01/2012

If you are looking for a beautiful venue that has it all, does it all, and feels like the perfect place to have a party with family and friends, this is it. The rooms were magnificent, and didn't need any help from an outside decorator. We used the Tuscan room. It is classic mirrors, lights, soft elegance, and a neutral creme colored palate to work with.

It is family owned, and we had the pleasure of working with both the father and son. They made sure everything went smoothly for the entire night, working with our MC and DJ, and our timeline, to keep people fed and the party hopping all night long. The food was delicious Italian-American style wedding food, and reasonably priced. We were also permitted to bring our own alcohol selections where they provide the bartenders. This worked out very well for us, seeing as we could get the selection of beverages targeted to what our group of friends and family enjoy (saving us some money).

I would use LaVera for any large family party I am looking to have in the future! And I would recommend them to anyone else looking to do the same!!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Desiree · Married on 06/20/2008

I had the most wonderful experience with La Vera that any bride could hope for. All of the staff was very accommodating and willing to do whatever they could to ensure that our day was perfect. I highly recommend La Vera for a reception and ceremony site.

Sent on 01/02/2009

3.0

I wasn't able to get the room that I wanted, but the wedding& reception still turned BEAUTIFULLY!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Brenda · Married on 12/08/2012

3.6
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

Everyone was pretty happy with the food. It was sit down, family style Italian food. I heard people raving about the pizza being served during coctail hour. I wasn't crazy about the pasta sauce, but others seemed to like it. The guy that runs the place seemed very aloof. During my consultation, he never made me feel special. I had an appointment for the food tasting, but the kitchen didn't even know I was coming. They sat me down at a table with other brides, but no one ever came to check on us. They gave us our food, and left. It seemed like they were really busy in the kitchen, maybe preparing for another event. The owner's son got my name wrong twice during the same conversation. They recommended a DJ that I did not go with, but then I later found out that the DJ went out of business. I felt like just a number, just a dollar sign.

Sent on 02/27/2014