Laurentina Photography Reviews

whitney · Married on 06/01/2019

3.0
      1.0

LOST Wedding Photos

I would not recommend trusting Laura to be your wedding day photographer. She is a pleasant person and her work in a controlled, one-on-one environment such as an engagement shoot is good. On our wedding day, I was disappointed beyond words with Laura. I will start with the fact that she LOST more than an hour of photos. This included pictures of my husband going table to table during the reception taking individual pictures with our guests, our cake cutting, and our sparkler exit.

How she compensated for losing our wedding photos...
    Six weeks to the day Laura delivered the photos as stated in the contract. At this time she was forthcoming about the loss of photos and offered an offensively low refund. Which I explained to her that we could not accept this for the following reasons—we spent more time taking pictures with our guests, going table to table, than enjoying the latter part our reception because we had many guests travel from distant places. And we wanted to send those pictures to them with thank you notes. The cake photos, sparklers exit, and group photos outside the venue are disappointing to be lost but all those photos of us and numerous guests at the reception was an irreplaceable loss. Her final offer was to refund 9.89% of our invoiced amount, not good enough.

My other huge gripe with her wedding day performance was she had no command or direction over the photos with large parties at all. I would suggest that you would need to have a wedding planner to work with her because she is unable to take charge and work towards achieving the photos you list as the "must-have" shots.

Laura excels in outdoor photos with natural light and no need for a flash, which look natural, and candids. On the final photos that were delivered, many of our indoor photos had no consistency in hues, warmth, and brightness. I was washed out in many of the "directed" indoor photos at our church, because of the flash. We brought this to her attention and she was very responsive in being willing to do the edits, but the edits were horrific, thoughtless, unusable changes.

Sent on 09/05/2019