Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering Reviews

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 5
Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 6
Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering 7

Jackie · Married on 10/22/2016

Laurenda went above and beyond at our daughter's wedding! Our wedding guests raved about the food, and the service was top notch! Our son in law goes back every time they're in town to get the bacon they made for our bacon bar!

Rebecca · Married on 10/08/2016

Laurenda's provided the catering for our wedding reception. I could not be more pleased with everything. Laurenda was so helpful and was willing to accommodate anything I desired. We went with the simple basic menu and there was plenty of it. Everything was delivered and setup on time and was ready when everyone arrived. All of our guests raved over the food and thought everything was so nice. I was never worried about a thing. I highly recommend Laurenda's for catering needs.

Sent on 12/29/2016

April · Married on 07/09/2016

From the beginning Laurenda was great to work with. Her staff was great and the food was fantastic. We are still getting compliments on how good the food was, and how beautiful the presentation was. We will definitely use Laurenda again.

Sent on 07/13/2016

Ruth · Married on 07/02/2016

Fabulous food and service! Workers very professional, courteous and fun. I would highly recommend Laurenda's catering for any event.

Lisa · Married on 05/14/2016

Fantastic!

We used Laurenda's for our sons rehearsal dinner. The BBQ was outstanding. The food arrived on time. The cost fit our budget. Everything went as expected. I could not have been more pleased.
    I recommend them every time I hear someone is looking for a vendor.

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • F

Flo · Married on 05/08/2016

Laurendas' Family Restaurant Catering was so delicious. We had the Continental Wedding Package @ Greer City Hall. Every food item and drink was exquisite,Everyone enjoyed the food,drinks and service so much. All night I kept getting so many complements! Beautiful presentation,the best service ever!!!Her price included set up and clean up I will definitely use Laurenda's again for my next event. Also we went to her Restaurant for samples and it is the most friendliest place ever and her food is so delicious!!!!!Thank you Laurenda for being such a big part of my daughter's wedding!!!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Terria · Married on 04/23/2016

There aren't enough words that I can type here to tell you how AMAZING Laurenda and her staff are! She catered our wedding on April 23, 2016 at Greer City Hall. Along with our decorator, Laurenda and her staff made the evening the best ever! The food was soooooo good! The presentation was very professional as well as the service. We still get comments about how everything was, especially the FOOD! Thanks to Laurenda and her staff for a job that was more than well done!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Beth · Married on 04/16/2016

Laurenda's is absolutely the best! She and her staff are truly caring and terrific. And the food is exceptional. Laurenda catered our daughter's wedding last April and they made the reception beautiful and flawless. This Christmas we decided to get our dinner for 12 from Laurenda's. We picked ít up Saturday and on Sunday we all decided it was the best Christmas dinner ever! These folks are extraordinary in every way

Sent on 12/28/2016

Shanna · Married on 11/07/2015

Hire Laurenda's! Hands down the best food and best people. They are professional and at the same time down to earth. We received numerous compliments on the food at our reception and people are still talking about how good the food was! Laurenda is very sweet and easy to work with. I met with her a couple of times for consultations and she covered everything and made sure everything was perfect. Her prices are also very fair which is hard to find when it comes to weddings. At the reception her staff was great! They have wonderful personalities and they made sure the food was perfect. I also hired a bartender through Laurenda's and she was amazing. I will definitely hire them again for my catering needs.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Emily · Married on 09/06/2015

Laurenda's was wonderful. From the first meeting to the last, our suggestions were listened to with attention and interest and our questions were answered with ease. Laurenda goes above and beyond to make sure that you are comfortable and satisfied with your wedding day meal. Each time that we met with her, we were offered a free meal even though we offered to pay and not take advantage of her hospitality. She would not hear of it, saying that her wedding couples eat for free. She was open with suggestions and willing to make accommodations with planning the meal and the table setup. She offered many of her own decorations for our use if we were interested, which were a complimentary addition. She has many options to choose from including wood slices, lanterns, vases and more. Laurenda also has many albums full of pictures of her work, so we knew what we were getting before the wedding day arrived. On wedding day, the catering was flawless. Not only had Laurenda and her crew done what we asked, but they had gone above and beyond. They had added a few extra touches to our decorations with flowers and flower petals, and they served punch, an item not originally on our menu, which ended up becoming a hit with our guests, especially for the toasts. Laurenda was also gracious enough to lend us a cake knife, server, and cake stand so that we did not have to worry about buying them. The staff immediately came to my aid (the bride) and asked me what I wanted to eat, bringing my food without me having to even go over to the buffet, which I thought was very sweet of them. If I had to do my wedding fifty times over again, I would pick Laurenda's to do our catering every single time. Not only was the food delicious, but the service was fantastic and the staff paid attention to every detail and gave us such a wonderful experience. I never felt nervous or worried about anything with Laurenda's, and I would suggest them to anyone who asked about catering. Thanks Laurenda and team!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Alisa · Married on 08/08/2015

The service provided was amazing! The presentation of the food was spectacular and the quality was great. The professionalism was awesome as well as the great customer service.

Sent on 08/21/2015

Everything was perfect, thanks to Laurenda!!! We love her!!!

Sent on 08/14/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 07/31/2015

Laurenda and her staff are amazing! They went above and beyond to make my reception amazing. We had an outdoor wedding in the middle of July and I had forgotten to assign someone the task of putting water bottles out at the ceremony. Turns out I didn't need to worry about it because they had taken the initiative and put them out for me. I was so thankful. Everyone raved about the food. Especially their roasted potatoes. The picnic basket is an amazing keepsake and I love it. We went to an event a couple weeks later and they were the ones catering it. The food was just as good and the staff remembered us from my wedding. That speaks volumes to me. You could not ask for easier people to work with. It is obvious that they are passionate about what they do and I am so very thankful I found them.

Sent on 09/26/2015

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Elizabeth, Thank you for allowing us the honor of doing your reception! You and your family are some of the sweetest people that we have ever catered for! The kindness you all showed my staff was just over the top! They fell in love with you all! They still talk about your reception! The pictures were beautiful that Brandi took! Please come down and bring your pictures for us to see when you get them back! Suppers on me ! You are the reason I love what we do! Thanks again , Laurenda & Staff

Laurenda and her staff are all wonderful to work with! The food was outstanding (and is at every wedding where I've had her food), and the price is absolutely affordable. They will work with you to build your perfect menu for your desired budget, and when I called her the week before to ask if she could bring extra plates for cake she offered to bring them at no charge! Her crew is experienced and friendly, and can set up and clean up quickly. Overall, Laurenda's is awesome to work with! We didn't go anywhere else!

Sent on 06/02/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/09/2015

We have known Laurenda for many years and had no question who we would use when it came time to find a caterer for my wedding. Laurenda is the best of the best! Not only is the food always outstanding, but Laurenda and her team are the best to work with and make the process easy; they are a family. There will be PLENTY of food and your guests will rave about it! I cannot say enough good things about Laurenda's. You can't go wrong booking her as your caterer!!! Love them!

Thank you for helping to make our wedding perfect! It was gorgeous and the food was amazing!!
    -Dr B

Sent on 05/20/2015

Dorian · Married on 05/02/2015

AMAZING. The prices were the best around town, and then the day of... the food was to die for. We heard people say it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. They packed me a care package and I got to enjoy the food the next day, as I was so busy at the reception. They were so nice and did anything I asked. I loved this caterer.

Sent on 05/09/2015

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Dorian, Thanks for all the kind words! Lewis & Cindy just loved you & Lewis especially loved your mom!! She was great! Made him feel welcome! They had a wonderful time & the pictures were beautiful! come by & see us! God bless! Miss. Laurenda & staff

Laurenda's was very accomodating. They used our recipes for several of the dishes. They even picked up some items from the rental vendor that we had forgotten. The food and the service were excellent.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! You & your family made my staff feel right at home. Southern hospitality at its best! My Brandi is still talking about your reception! It was beautiful!! Right out of a magazine! Come see us at the Restaurant & bring the pictures! You know how much we love pictures! God Bless you! Miss. Laurenda & staff

Renee · Married on 04/18/2015

Laurendas' Catering did a fantastic job at my daughter's wedding reception. The taste and quality of the food was top notch! Our guests could not stop commenting on how delicious the food was. The presentation of the food and drink tables was outstanding! From our very first meeting, my daughter and I were impressed with their services. They are so eager to make your event special. Laurenda let us use one of her cake platforms instead of me having to rent one. She goes above and beyond to make your event special. (Ask about the mice on the cheese display!) She also has a very unique table cloth for wedding cakes. One of my friends said it made our cake table look like a work of art. Use Laurendas' for your event. You will not be disappointed! Bonus: You eat at her restaurant for free when you come to discuss your event. Even when you go to return a table cloth that you "accidentally" stole from the reception! Also, the picnic basket packed for the bride and groom is a wonderful keepsake!! I'm going to miss having a reason to go and meet with Laurenda!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Renee, You are just too much! We just feel in love with you & your family! Your daughter was so precious! Beautiful inside & out! we appreciate all the kind words! Don't be a stranger! Bring the pictures by when you get them so we can see! God bless! Miss. Laurenda

Ashlyn · Married on 04/09/2015

Of all of the people we worked with for our wedding, Laurenda was BY FAR the BEST! They were flexible, accommodating, and very professional. Not to mention the food is incredible!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Bethany · Married on 04/04/2015

Laurenda's Catering Services is beyond phenomenal, fantastic, and frugally workable. We were able to not only taste-test the foods to be served at our wedding, but more, and all for free, because we were paying them to cater our wedding! When the wedding day arrived, the food tasted top-notch, the servers were patient, sweet, and kind, and the guests were extremely pleased. It was a banquet fit for kings. Laurenda's was communicative with us, along with being very flexible. Laurenda herself recommended the venue, Lyman Lake Lodge, to us, which looked spectacular! We intend to visit the family restaurant again, and intend to tell our friends about it, often!

Sent on 05/05/2015

Sabrina · Married on 03/21/2015

Laurenda's Catering made my reception a hit. The food and wait staff were awesome. We as well as our guest were very pleased with everything. Laurenda is genuinely nice and very flexible. I would recommend her Catering to anyone with a special event.

Amanda · Married on 03/14/2015

I wish I could give them more than 5 stars! The food was AMAZING, the staff was very professional and handled everything, and the TEA! THE SWEET TEA IS THE BEST! Laurenda's took care of everything I needed. They met with me twice to make sure they knew exactly what my vision was, made me feel very at ease about it all and all I can say is it was PERFECT. I wouldn't have changed anything! Thank you for making my day q fairytale!

Sent on 05/06/2015

Laurenda's Family Restaurant & Catering's reply:

Amanda, Thanks for all the kind words! If every wedding reception was like yours! We had a wonderful time and it was beautiful!! I am so thankful for Brides like you! Beautiful inside and out! Don't be a stranger come and see us at the restaurant! Bring your pictures! God Bless you, Miss. Laurenda

Amanda · Married on 03/14/2015

The food was delicious! They handled everything! All I had to do was enjoy my meal!

Sent on 12/03/2015
  • User4800178 · event on 01/28/2015

Great food / great service at a great value. I would recommend Laurendas' Catering for any event you have.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Melissa · event on 01/10/2015

The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Sent on 01/21/2015