Laurel Ridge Country Club Reviews

Laurel Ridge Country Club 5
Laurel Ridge Country Club 6
Laurel Ridge Country Club 7

Jan · Married on 03/12/2016

Absolutely the best place for a wedding and reception! The staff was wonderful to work with. Lashel went above and beyond her job duties for us before the wedding and during the reception. I was thrilled and delighted with Laurel Ridge because of Lashel.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Elsa · Married on 12/28/2015

I could not be happier with this venue. First of all, it's absolutely gorgeous and beautiful. I searched far and wide for a decently affordable venue in the Asheville area and am so glad I found Laurel Ridge! We got compliments on the dinner served, views of the mountains, architecture of the building, you name it. Danielle (our coordinator) made the day-of go amazingly smooth as well. I would have been stressed like crazy without her, but she was so in charge of everything that it put me at ease. The entire planning process with them was easy. Overall, I am so glad that we had our wedding here! Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/14/2016

Shirley · Married on 10/03/2015

When exploring venues for my daughter's wedding reception, we knew immediately upon entering Laurel Ridge Country Club that this was an ideal, unique spot for her "dream" wedding in the mountains, and indeed it was! The venue truly captured the "rustic elegant" theme my daughter was going for without feeling pretentious. The Piedmont Room provided a beautiful space for dining and dancing for our 160 guests. There was plenty of room, yet the ambiance felt intimate and cozy with decor which included antler chandeliers, fireplaces, a beautiful, carpeted dining room, hardwood dance floor, beautiful bar area leading to outdoor decks and tables, and walls of tall windows overlooking the golf course. The food was fabulous (everything we tried during the "taste test" phase of planning was delicious) and reasonably priced. The staff and service were top-notch. A special shout-out to the Events Coordinator, Leshall, who was as invested as we were in making our reception memorable. She was truly professional, accommodating, and responsive. We would not have changed one thing! This venue will not disappoint. It's gorgeous!
    (Mother of the Bride)

Sent on 04/07/2016

Shirley,

Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy to have been a part of Erin and Parker's wedding. Best wishes to you and your family.

Leshall

I wish there was an extra start for each of these services. They were truly an incredible group of people to work with. We have been planning for over a year and have been working with them since May of 2014 and picking Laurel Ridge was the best decision I made during my entire wedding planning process. Lashelle (event coordinator) and Danielle (food and drink coordinator) worked endlessly to make sure our big day was beyond perfect. Every single detail was put into place by these ladies. They worked hands on with my other vendors. Everything was organized, classic, and beautiful. They truly make you feel like all of the stress if off your shoulders.

The locker rooms and bridal suite are perfect places to get ready and get those special pre ceremony shots. We were also able to get lunch catered that day from the country club and the food was rave worthy as to be expected.

The food for lunch was also very reasonably priced as was the dinner. I feel like we got a great deal for all of our food. GO FOR THE STUFFED MUSHROOMS! All of my guests came up to me after dinner complementing the food and the venue.

I really can not rave about this staff enough, my family and I were so lucky to have had them on my wedding day. They held everything together and made us feel so comfortable. Our day was perfect because they made it so :)

Sent on 06/30/2015

Elizabeth,
    We are so very happy to have been a part of your big day. Your family and friends were so much fun and we really appreciate your kind words. I will pass along your review to the staff of Laurel Ridge.
    Best wishes to you and your husband,
    Leshall

Kristy · Married on 05/23/2015

I was looking for venues and needed one quickly because we decided to plan a small wedding in 5 months. The venue was the most difficult part. I happened to stumble upon this wonderful country club in Waynesville. From the moment we stepped in to look at the venue, we were floored. This place is beautiful! It had that rustic feel and you get the gorgeous mountain views. This was the first place we looked at and the last. We knew this was the perfect place to have our wedding. Not only was the location beautiful, but it was very affordable. We had our ceremony and reception here, which made everything much easier. They also had a great suite area for the bridal party to get ready. They had pretty much everything we would need. All we had to do was rent chair covers. They even had some decor that I was able to use for the wedding. The staff was also fantastic. Leshall, the coordinator, helped us throughout the process and was a joy to work with. She made everything sure everything for our day was the way we wanted it to be. The food was also great. They have many different choices to choose from. I cannot thank Leshall, and everyone at Laurel Ridge Country Club enough for helping to make our day special. Thank you so much! I highly recommend this venue! To this day, I still have family and friends that talk about our wedding and how much they loved the venue and the food. So, if you choose Laurel Ridge, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/27/2016

Kristy,

Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy for you and Lance. Many blessings to you both.
    Best regards from Leshall and the Laurel Ridge Staff

Elizabeth · Married on 05/03/2015

The venue was perfect and exactly what I had envisioned for a rustic/elegant wedding! The team was also very helpful and sweet! I don't know what I would have done without Leshell and everything that she did to make our special day so perfect!

Sent on 02/20/2016

Stannye · Married on 10/11/2014

Laurel Ridge is a beautiful venue inside and out and was the perfect place for a mountain wedding. Danielle and staff were dedicated to ensuring the event was perfect! The set up was wonderful and every single thing in place. The cocktail and reception service was impeccable and the staff so unobtrusive that I don't think they were in one photo other than at the bar. They were invisible yet the tables were all cleared when needed and looked fantastic all night. Danielle was always so pleasant and friendly - even with my nerves and anxiety about the details and extraordinarily flexible in accommodating everything requested. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding or reception or both! Our final pictures really tell it all! They are magazine worthy for sure!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Allie · Married on 10/11/2014

LRCC was the first place we viewed for a potential wedding site. After walking in those massive wood front doors, and seeing the large wooden dance floor and 3 story windows, we knew we were already done looking. LRCC is one of the most beautiful mountain clubs I have ever seen and we knew from the first 5 minutes this would be where we have our wedding and reception.
    Danielle and the rest of the staff made sure our wedding day was seamless, fun, and unforgettable. They were accommodating and understanding with my special requests.
    There are so many options LRCC has to offer when it comes to ceremony and reception sites. We chose to have our reception in the main clubhouse with our wedding on the lawn. Even though it rained, we had a perfect backup plan in the pavilion with a lighted fireplace.
    I cannot wait to come back to LRCC in one year. It quickly became one of my favorite places to be in the mountains. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a wedding venue to look at LRCC. I don't think it will disappoint.

Sent on 12/01/2014

Allie,
    Thank you for the kind words. The Laurel Ridge staff is very pleased to have been a part of your special day. The picturesque landscapes of the Smoky Mountains make for wonderful memories shared by you and your family. We are so glad you chose our venue. Best wishes and many more happy memories.
    Laurel Ridge Staff

Nicole · Married on 08/30/2014

My now Husband and I are from Florida and we knew we wanted a destination wedding. We both love the mountains so choosing NC was a no brainier for our wedding. We got engaged in NC and knew we didn't have much time to go back and forth to pick a wedding venue. So the day after we got engaged we visited a couple of places in the Waynesville area for a wedding spot. Laurel Ridge was the 3rd Place we visited and Joe and I looked at each other as we walked through the door and said this is the place we can call and tell all the others no. Danielle and the Laurel Ridge staff made our wedding such an amazing experience. The venue is amazing and the pictures are outstanding. I cant thank them enough for making our wedding planning experience such a breeze. Everything from the food to the service was just above and beyond. Our guests are still calling us and bragging about how amazing the venue was and all of the staff. I would recommend this venue to everyone if you are thinking of a mountain wedding this is the place!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Cayli · Married on 07/05/2014

The team at Laurel Ridge was WONDERFUL to work with! They were incredibly helpful, easy to work with, friendly and gracious. The venue is beautiful and provided for all of our needs and then some. We had a wedding of over 200 people, and the Pavilion comfortably fit everyone with a dance floor, and provided a great atmosphere! The food is outstanding, and our guests couldn't stop talking about the beauty of the location. Hands down the best value in the area!

Sent on 08/12/2014

My wedding reception at Laurel Ridge was wonderful. I wouldn't of had it any other way. Danielle and the staff made sure everything was set up perfectly and Chef Al made a wonderful southern meal! There was no alcohol at my wedding and the staff went out of their way to make a very nice beverage station on the bar. I would definitely recommend having your wedding here!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Marge · event on 08/29/2013

HRMC Foundation has their annual golf tournament each year at Laurel Ridge Country Club. The staff does a wonderful job to make the tournament a success. In the past, lunch was provided by another vendor. Last year the golfers were pleased with the lunch they provided.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Lori · Married on 05/25/2013

We could not have asked for more cooperation, flexibility or "southern hospitality" from the staff at Laurel Ridge Country Club! Our wedding was beautiful, and the covered pavilion with the fireplace and lit candles added to the ambience. If you want your wedding night to be remembered for years as one beautiful night filled with love and laughter then Laurel Ridge Country Club is the venue for you. They were spectacular every step of the way!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Haley · Married on 10/06/2012

These people are specializing in weddings & private events. They have all info on property to book florist order cake and ect.... It saves so much time. They know who to use and who not to....couldn't have been better....

Sent on 09/11/2013

Debi · Married on 06/25/2017

What an incredible venue and staff! Leshall helped us plan the perfect wedding for our daughter. Family and friends had nothing but compliments and praise. We were told by many it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended! We were truly able to enjoy the wedding and all our guests! Thank you to all the hard working staff at Laurel Ridge!!
    Bart and Debi

Sent on 06/29/2017
  • Ben & Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 05/27/2018

The venue was incredible, the grounds are maintained beautifully. The setting is perfect, the food was incredible and they were very accommodating and flexible. The bartenders were not overly friendly but they were efficient, there was never a long wait for guests to get drinks. This place will always be special and they made our wedding day unforgettable!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Shirl · Married on 10/01/2016

This venue is absolutely beautiful! They have different size rooms for any occasion, and will work with you to get the most from your budget. We used the pavilion for the reception and had the ceremony in front of the arbor. It was so pretty!! Leshall was awesome to work with. She was willing to sit down with you to go over details, she knew exactly what questions to ask to help you make your mind up, and she was always very prompt in returning phone calls or emails. The only reason that I gave them a 4 out of 5 on flexibility is due to having to use their catering service for everything (except the wedding cake). We could have definitely gotten the cost down by using some other vendor for the food, or having a better selection of appetizers, or the popcorn bar (ended up not having that due to the price going through them) if we could have brought in some outside help. Other than that, our experience was awesome and our wedding was everything we wanted!

Sent on 10/15/2016

Leshall was the best event coordinator we could have hoped for. Her past experiences with weddings made it so much easier on us to plan ours. She provided lots of helpful information and direction prior to and on the day of the wedding. She answered all of our emails and phone calls in advance and was extremely responsive the whole time. The venue was beautiful and the entire staff accommodated our requests. The food was amazing and the service was on time and prompt. Our guests had a fabulous time at Laurel Ridge. Again, we can't say enough about how well Leshall took care of us on our special day!

Sent on 05/16/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception in the pavilion at LRCC. We were very impressed with the beautiful venue, professional staff, and delicious food! Be aware that even if you have met with them to decide on set-up, things may change without your approval. The changes did not affect our evening, but were frustrating at first. In our opinion the evening was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Laura · Married on 10/24/2009

Wonderful food, beautiful site! Mostly helpful staff, very friendly and efficient.

Sent on 11/02/2009

Laurel ridge country club was such a beautiful destination to hold our ceremony and reception. We love the mountains, considering that's where we re-met, so we were looking for a place in the blue ridge mountain area. The view, the food, and the staff were amazing. The day of the wedding was perfect, however, the decor was a negative. I thought I had explained how I wanted the decor placed, but I didn't notice until after the ceremony that none of it was really placed how I desired it. Other than that everyone keeps complimenting us on the venue and how beautiful the wedding was. In the end we still said 'I do' and have some beautiful pictures to look back on.

Sent on 04/09/2016