Laurel Oak Country Club Reviews

5 Reviews for Laurel Oak Country Club

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2019

Wonderful wedding experience

My wedding came out perfect. Lauren the event coordinator was very helpful throughout the whole process. She responded to her emails quickly. The food was fantastic!! What really impressed me is that Lauren added a few extra touches like tea light candles and glasses filled with champagne at each table, at no extra cost!!! It really made the room feel more romantic.

Sent on 06/08/2019

Laurel Oak Country Club's reply:

Good Morning Jennifer,

It was an absolute pleasure working with you to make sure your special day went as perfectly as you imagined it would be! Thank you so much for the great review, I look forward to seeing pictures!

Regards,
    Lauren Souris
    Director of Catering and Events

Jessica · Married on 09/26/2015

We recently had our wedding at Laurel Oak and it was perfect. The best night we could have imagined. The food was amazing (especially the pasta bar) the bar was great, staff was friendly. Jessica C was pleasent and helpful she took care in the details and always made sure I was getting exactly what I wanted. She made accomodations for all my requests. If I could do it again I would do it all the same. Laurel Oak is the perfect place for a perfect wedding.

Sent on 10/02/2015
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 11/03/2012

We are very happy with our decision of Laurel Oak. Kara, with Laurel Oak was a huge help and really made our day perfect. I do not have complaints. We were able to get ready all day in the locker rooms, the setting was gorgeous, bar was great, food was AMAZING, still getting calls braggin about the food. :) We had a wonderful time and really are thankful.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Danielle · Getting married on 11/20/2021

Great one on one needs

I worked with Lauren and I can tell you I’ve seen quite the amount of venues and from the moment I walked in I felt I was at home... we were offered a drink and she showed us ever little detail that would come into play once our wedding day comes around.

Sent on 05/12/2019

Kyra · Married on 06/14/2014

It was a rocky start with Laurel Oak before Terry Murphy came along and became the new Event Coordinator. Terry swooped in and really put in 100% of herself to ensure this day went off without a hitch, and it was beautiful. Working with Terry is easy, as she is sincere and organized. I would highly recommend this venue with Terry as your event coordinator.
    My only disappointment was with the food... but let me explain because it may not apply to you. My husband is of Indian descent and we really wanted to have some Indian food at the wedding (buffet.) When we were looking for venues, that was the one thing we had specifically asked: can you do Indian cuisine? The Laurel Oak chef and previous Coordinator (not Terry) assured us they could and offered up the dishes they could do, so we agreed that Laurel Oak fit the bill. Fast forward to the tasting... basically every dish that was NOT Indian was amazing. Unfortunately, the "Indian" food wasn't even close. The flavor profiles and presentations were so off it was, frankly, embarrassing. The chef came out with the recipes he used and he had pulled them from About.com!! He didn't even bother looking at a remotely Indian source to find recipes. Ultimately we didn't have any Indian food at our wedding, which was incredibly disappointing. However, the rest of the food was very delicious. So my point, really, is if you have a special dish or type of cuisine you want that is out of the norm, see if they can prepare it for you before you pay the deposit and sign the contract. And this is true for any venue. Lesson learned! If you're sticking with the regular selection then you'll be pleased.

Sent on 07/23/2014