Laurel Lane Floral Design Reviews

16 | Newport, RI

16 Reviews for Laurel Lane Floral Design

Lindsay · Married on 07/10/2011

Laurel Lane created the perfect flowers, centerpieces, and arrangements for our wedding. Although the wedding planning process seemed overwhelming to me at times, Trish was amazing and sat down with me multiple times to help me realize exactly what we wanted and how to make it a reality. I had quite the diverse idea of what I wanted and she understood it from the get-go. She used her creative ideas and touches to enhance what I had in my head. her work is simply amazing and unique. I was more than thrilled with Laurel Lane's work and professionalism. I would HIGHLY recommend Laurel Lane to any bride- Laurel Lane exceeded my expectations and made me one very happy bride :)

Sent on 02/20/2012

Kristina · Married on 05/29/2011

Tricia at Laurel Lane Floral Design became my wedding floral designer as soon as she started sketching her ideas onto paper. What a creative mind! Her artistic vision is truly unique and she did a phenomenal job with our bouquets, boutonnières, and staging the ballroom. I brought dozens of inspirational materials, a few photos of my dress, my veil, and swatches of the girls’ turquoise dress fabric to our meetings. Tricia created a personalized binder just for my wedding with all of this inspiration and really pulled everything together. My bouquet was bursting with in-season peonies…absolutely breath-taking, and she worked in a special pair of turquoise rosary beads from my great-grandmother (my something blue). My 7 girls’ bouquets were just amazing, soft and fresh. Perfect bouquets for a May wedding! The boutonnières were such a fine touch – her attention to detail is exquisite and she took such care in making sure each one looked perfect, adoring the bottom of each with an aqua gem – not “over-the-top” with turquoise. A gorgeous tablescape greeted the guests and the wedding party, and my groom and I felt like a King and Queen, sitting at one of the most beautiful tables I’ve ever seen! The cake table looked equally “delicious”, draped with aqua fabric and flanked by fluffy white hydrangea and candle light. Our non-floral guest tables were perfect as well. Tricia really blew us away with her artistic vision. I just can’t say enough wonderful things! Highly recommend Laurel Lane!

Sent on 02/20/2012

Emily · Married on 08/29/2009

Laurel Lane was absolutely the best choice for flowers for our wedding. From the centerpieces to the boutonnieres to our bouquets to the small details like chair ribbons and beyond, everything was exquisite: creative, innovative, fresh, unique and beautiful. They thought of everything and brought a fresh eye to our special day, making the day more beautiful than we could have imagined.

Sent on 09/14/2009

Lindsay · Married on 07/10/2009

I would highly recommend Tricia of Laurel Lane Floral Design to anyone looking for innovative, beautiful, professional, quality flowers and design. Tricia designed my flowers for my wedding this past July at Belle Mer in Newport, RI. I wanted something fresh and elegant. Tricia was incredibly professional and provided wonderful insight into picking the right flowers and was able to work with any budget. I was able to schedule meetings with Tricia very easily. She was always very flexible with my busy work schedule. Tricia also designed my beautiful boquet around a locket with a photo of my mother and nana, who had passed away prior to my wedding. Tricia is very detail oriented and was able to incorporate all these beautiful colors into my boquet and table arrangements. Tricia kindly helped advise me on linens and plates. I still love looking at my beautiful flowers in photos. Family and friends continue to comment on the floral arrangements and how simply stunning they were! Tricia is incredibly professional. She spoke to my father several times on the phone, as he was paying for my wedding and was so very kind to him. Tricia is not only incredibly talented but also so very nice, a combination that is so welcoming when you are a busy, stressed bride. Tricia was an absolute joy to work with. She is incredibly talented and willing to think "outside of the box".

Sent on 10/03/2009

Christina · Married on 06/06/2009

I can't thank Trish enough for her beautiful work! The bouquets were absolutely beautiful, the ceterpieces were magnificant. She is thoughtful and creative, and willing to think out of the box in order provide what the Bride wants.
    Trish is a pleasure to work with, she took a great deal of time with us during the planning stages.
    Thank you again for all of your creative ideas and wonderful style!

Sent on 06/23/2009

Kat · Married on 07/05/2008

Laurel Lane was delightful to work with. The flowers were incredible. We were so pleased with the outcome. I would definitely recommend Laurel Lane as a florist. The colors and combination of flowers used in the bouquets and centerpieces were exquisite. You will love working with Laurel Lane.

Sent on 02/04/2009
  • F

florence · Married on 06/07/2008

Tricia Cox of Laurel Lane was a pleasure to work with. My daughter realized from the first meeting that Tricia understood how she wanted her wedding to look in every aspect...from the flowers at the ceremony, the reception, her bouquet and the flowers for her wedding party. Tricia has a wonderfully creative eye and really understands her customer. The quality of service, her responsiveness to any and all questions,her professionalism, her flexibility and the value we got for the cost all were exceptional. Tricia's designs are unique and she truly understands color. She has the patience of a saint and the final product took my breath away.
    All my friends raved about the flowers. It was a dream come true.

Sent on 02/15/2009

Pat · Married on 10/06/2007

I found dealing with the Florist to be the most stress free and problem free aspect of my daughter's wedding. From the first meeting to discuss the type of wedding we wanted, right through to the execution of the plan, Trisha Carroll was very professional. Trisha dealt directly with the wedding facility in planning the decorations for the ceremony and the common areas. The bridal bouquet was stunning, unlike any I had seen, and the centerpieces were fantastic!! I have another daughter getting married soon and I will definitely contact Laurel Lane Floral Design to do the flowers!!

Sent on 01/20/2009

Karen · Married on 09/02/2007

Tricia is absolutely the BEST to work with. As the Mom of the bride who has already helped organize the weddings of two other daughters, I feel I'm in a good position to judge the quality of her service.

From our first meeting, Tricia had her own creative ideas but also listened well to what we thought we might want in the way of flowers. She more than delivered, supplying fabulous quality plant material, lovely arrangements in beautiful and unusual containers of the sort we said we wanted, stayed within our budget, and actually provided more than what we originally thought we might need.

She overcame repeated challenges devised by the very difficult to work with venue (MT Hope Farm, in Bristol, RI: DON"T BOOK YOUR WEDDING THERE despite the stunning beauty of the waterside site), and worked flexibly and responsively with me, as the bride's Mom who knows flowers, with the bride who lives in LA but was married in RI, and with the bride's sister who helped make wedding decisions with the bride and me.

Many of our guests, who came from all over the US and outside the country, said the table decorations and wedding bouquets were the most stunning and lovely they had ever seen, and these folks have been to lots of weddings.

As to value, I think what we got for the cost exceeded what we were able to get from the florists we used at our two previous family weddings so I am comfortable with what Tricia charged us.

I can provide an unqualified endorsement of Tricia's services despite the fact that I found her almost by accident in a wedding guidebook and had no relationship with her or any of her clients prior to engaging her. I feel we got really lucky in coming across Laurel Lane and am (sort of) sorry we have no more daughters to plan weddings for.

Should you wish to speak with me directly about Tricia, I have given her permission to pass along my name and contact info.

Karen

Sent on 02/24/2008

Angela · Married on 10/04/2008

Having planned our wedding in a brief six weeks, I would have to say that working with Tricia Carroll of Laurel Lane Floral Design was the most pleasurable aspect of that dizzying time. Upon meeting Tricia, her professionalism, sincerity and expertise were readily apparent, and I knew very shortly into that initial meeting that I wanted Tricia to be our wedding florist. I never doubted that Tricia understood the environment I wished to create for our ceremony and reception (both of which took place at Castle Hill Inn, Newport, RI), and the ideas she presented were very much in line with what I had envisioned. Arriving at the venue shortly before our wedding ceremony, I was thrilled to see what Tricia and her team had created. My expectations were not only met, but exceeded. Many of our guests commented on the loveliness of the arrangements, and I would have to add that without Laurel Lane's incredible attention to detail, our wedding would not have been the gorgeous, elegant event that it turned out to be. Not only at the time of the event, but even now, given the interval of several months' reflection, I maintain that Tricia was the vendor with whom I enjoyed working the most. I would unequivocally recommend Tricia Carroll and Laurel Lane.

-Angela Kase

Sent on 04/17/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 04/05/2008

I cannot say enough about Laurel Lane and working with Tricia. We had a very specific vision for our wedding which required a lot of things to work just right and come together. Out of all of our vendors, I can honestly say that Laurel Lane was the one vendor that nailed it.
    Every other detail of a wedding can be "selected" by the bride and groom ahead of time, as even the food can be tasted. There is no other vendor that you need to trust as much as the person handling the flowers, as you have no idea what the final product will be until that day. We were truly stunned at how beautiful just the entry-way looked at our reception. It is one of our favorite memories.
    Tricia invested as much time as we needed and was very patient and generous with her time. That alone makes her different from other vendors. It is her "taste" however that makes her exceptional. She is fantastic at visualizing what a bride is looking for and executing as promised. Many vendors will not truly listen and may have their own ideas that take over and change the end result. Tricia worked to really understand our vision and ensured that the whole wedding displayed the continuity we desired. She has a wonderful sense of style and will offer tasteful ideas. Our wedding was early spring and presented challenges in getting the colors we desired from the market. Tricia also worked to get us what we wanted from her suppliers.
    Most people will say this about a vendor they like: "we received compliments all night"....In this case it is very true. In fact our wedding was at the Rosecliff Mansion in Newport, RI and a staff person said the following: "I consider Rosecliff my office, as I am here so much....but I can tell you that I have never seen my office look so beautiful".
    We had an amazing wedding and Tricia played a big part in making it our dream. Please ask for photos, as her work is truly beautiful and you will not find a vendor with more grace and class.

Sent on 01/22/2009

Corinne · Married on 05/19/2007

When I started, I only had a vague idea of what I wanted in my flowers. Through just a few meetings, Tricia was able to use her expertise and vast knowledge to define what I was looking for. We left most of the finer details up to Tricia for the final day and that proved to be one of our best decisions. My bouquet was perfect – Exactly what I had hoped for. When we arrived at our venue, we were awed by how beautiful everything looked. Every time I look at our wedding pictures, I’m amazed again at how perfectly everything came together and how the colors just pop. She exceeded our expectations by a mile. Two years after our wedding, we still get compliments from our guests. I would recommend Tricia in a heart beat with out any reservations.

Sent on 05/06/2009

Lauren · Married on 09/13/2009

Laurel Lane did a fabulous job for my wedding in Newport, RI. My bouquet and my maid of honor's bouquet were beautiful and unique. Tricia added my great grandmother's broach onto my bouquet which made the bouquet even more special for me. Our centerpieces were very different than the usual arrangements that you see at weddings. You could tell Tricia puts a lot of thought, time and effort into each arrangement. Another plus is that Tricia gives you 10 hours of design time with her which enables you to really collaborate on a vision/theme for your wedding. Overall, it was a pleasure working with Tricia and I definitely recommend using her for your event.

Sent on 10/11/2009

Elizabeth · Married on 02/07/2008

Tricia Carol is an artist.

Sent on 02/12/2009

Matt · Married on 09/08/2007

About 9 months before our wedding, we met with three leading florists in the Providence area and chose Laurel Lane primarily because we had great faith in Tricia's vision. She made us feel confident that, no matter what, we would have an amazing display that suited our tastes, venue and theme. Tricia truly delivered and kept within our budget. She gave us unique ideas. I truly believe that she does not follow industry trends, but tries to create them. She took our inspiration and molded it to fit our event and the result was better than we could have imagined. Any bumps that arose in planning our unique arrangement, she handled with grace and we recovered without missing a beat. Our arrangements were exquisite, as is Tricia's work. Apart from accenting our ceremony and reception, the flowers accented us and truly added the perfect complement to make our pictures stunning. Some of our vendors have used our pictures in advertisements and I feel that the presence of Tricia's work in those pictures was part of the reason. Lastly, set-up and removal were seamless and it just made for one less thing to worry about on our wedding day. I would definitely recommend Tricia!

Sent on 03/04/2009

Katie · Married on 06/16/2007

3.4
      3.0
      2.5
      2.0

Tricia provided very beautiful flowers and was great to work with. She's got a ton of great ideas. She's more of a phone than an email person but eventually always got back to me. As long as you know what you want, Tricia can do it.

Sent on 08/05/2007