Laura's Couture & Alterations Reviews

139 | Houston, TX

139 Reviews for Laura's Couture & Alterations

I received dozens of comments about how beautiful my dress was, and specifically about how well it FIT. The bodice was absolutely perfect for my body, so much so that people actually commented on it. That is how good a job Laura's did. Not only that, but I was stuck in rush hour traffic on the way to the shop, and they actually kept the shop open for a half hour past closing for me to do my final fitting. They also custom-made my veil and it was PERFECT--a beautiful cathedral-length masterpiece. I absolutely recommend them and would send my sisters, friends, daughters, anyone there for bridal alterations. I'm so glad I found this shop.

Sent on 11/13/2012

Diana · Married on 11/03/2012

Karime was great! I bought a sample that was 2 sizes too big for me, and she made it fit like a glove. She even fixed my neckline and beading of the dress. She was very nice, flexible, and she delivered when she sid she would. I think the prices are on the higher end, but it's worth for quality work!!

Sent on 09/29/2012

Lisa · Married on 11/03/2012

Did a wonderful job! In the past I have not had good experiences with alterations, so when it came to my wedding dress I wanted to go to someone who could meet my expectations. They exceeded my expectations and did such detailed work! Both my mom (who is hard to please & impress) & I were very impressed with their work! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Allison · Married on 10/27/2012

Having Karime perform the alterations for my wedding dress was one of the best decisions I made. She takes great pride in her work and you can tell that she truly enjoys her job. She is a perfectionist and really took the time to make sure my dress fit perfectly. Her prices were reasonable and I could have not asked for a better experience. Thank you so very much Karime!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2012

They took the time to listen to my needs and were very patient with me. My dress is a high end dress and I was scared to take it to just any alteration company in fear that they might mess it up. However , they put my fear to rest. My dress turned out even more perfect than I could ever imagine. I was very pleased with their work!! Highly recommend this place!!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Janee · Married on 09/22/2012

My wedding dress was perfect except for the length. since my dress was half mermaid style and had lots of rousing at the bottom I was a little worried about how it was going to be able to be altered without ruining the design. Laura's Couture Alterations did a stupendous job. you couldn't even tell they altered it after it was done. she did nothing to the bottom instead she took the time to completely detach the bottom of the skirt from the dress where the rousing started and alter it from there to avoid ruining the design. I also had a belt added to my dress and she took the time to take the pearl buttons going down the back out and sew the belt in and then re sew the buttons back on over the belt to make it look like the belt came on the dress already. the dress was flawless and they did an amazing job!

Sent on 11/04/2012

Noga · Married on 08/25/2012

I had a great experience with Fabio and Karime. I didn't need to get a lot of alterations done but I was very happy with how Karime was able to do exactly what was needed to make my dress fit perfectly! Everything was done in timely fashion and they were always in contact with me to confirm appointments. After my bridal shoot my dress had a couple of noticeable stains on it and I was afraid it wouldn't come off, but Fabio and his staff did a wonderful job and my dress was perfect for my wedding day! They didn't even charge me for the extra cleaning! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/29/2012

Kelly · Married on 08/11/2012

I loved getting my dress altered at Laura's Couture and Alterations. They did the best job on my dress and I could not have been happier. I felt so confident and beatiful on my wedding day! Thank you so much for all of your help and flexibility, as well as understanding. You guys are WONDERFUL! I will definitely recommend anyone I know to you!

Sent on 08/21/2012

Sarah · Married on 07/29/2012

Laura's Couture and Alterations was an absolute joy to work with. She made my dress fit like a glove and feel perfectly comfortable. You can tell they are passionate about what they do. They are also very professional and fairly priced. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/21/2012
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/28/2012

I had a wonderful experience with Laura! She took in my completely lace dress a full 4 inches and shortened it almost a half of a foot! She did an absolutely perfect job!!!! She had to put every bead back on by hand. She was so excited to share this experience with us. Her happiness/excitement/abilities made this experience perfect. Her boutique is adorable and in a very nice area! She also has a large selection of gorgeous veils available for purchase. I was SO happy with my experience. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 07/10/2012

Stephanie · Married on 07/15/2012

Karime was so helpful in my fittings! I def recommend them and she makes you feel comfortable. Thank You Karime for all that you do.

Sent on 07/24/2012

Shade · Married on 04/21/2012

Karime and her husband Fabio (office mgr) made me feel wonderful throughout the process of adjusting my dress from a strapless to an Islamic modest one. They were both awesome at customer service, adjusting, and purchasing items I needed to make it more elegant. Every Houston bride should consider using them for dress alteration - you won't go wrong.

Sent on 04/23/2012

Renee · Married on 04/14/2012

It was wonderful to work with Karime and Laura- they took good care of me and listened to my concerns and ideas about how I wanted my dress altered. Karime is one of the best Houston area tailors and made my gorgeous dress fit like a glove!

Her bustles are especially pretty and unique- I've never seen a bustle that makes the dress look even prettier like hers do!

We were so impressed that we asked her to alter my mothers dress also.

I would definitely recommend this vendor to anyone who needs quality alterations and great service.

Sent on 01/16/2012
  • Theresa

Theresa · Married on 03/25/2012

She is wonderful. I bought my dress from a consignment shop and it was several sizes too large. She altered it perfectly and took out several petticoat layers to make it seem like it was made for me. I would recommend her to anyone based on her skill alone, but the fact that she is so nice and sweet makes her services all the more better.

Sent on 04/03/2012

Stacey · Married on 03/24/2012

I would highly suggest going to Karime. She does high quality work and is very affordable. I've known other brides whose alterations cost MORE than their dress! That is just ridiculous and there is no need for that. Her bustles are obsolutely gorgeous and I can't wait for everone to see my dress. I have two other friends who have used Karime, and I plan on spreading the word to any other friends who are getting married! Thanks Karime!

Sent on 02/10/2012

Laura · Married on 03/10/2012

Karime is SOOO talented! My dress was beautiful before and even more beautiful when Karime got done bustling it and custom fitting it to my figure. Laura's Coutre alterations should be the first place you take you wedding dress to!

Sent on 03/07/2012

Andrea · Married on 03/03/2012

They did an amazing job and saved my wedding dress and day!

Sent on 02/12/2012

Amanda · Married on 01/22/2012

I too had read comments on wedding wire and heard all the good things other brides had to say about their alterations. So I drove all the way from the other side of town and I am so glad I did. I was very very happy with the outcome of my gown. I have a corset back gown that simply needed alterations for the length and a bussle; however she also altered a few sections in the bust area. It turned out very beautiful, I love my gown even more! She was very attentive to details and what I was comfortable with. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/01/2011

Natalie · Married on 01/21/2012

Laura's Couture & Alterations were absolutely amazing! Karami is an absolute angel. She took my beautiful dress and made it into the most unbelievable gown I have EVER seen! She can do absolute anything you want and could ever dream of and has wonderful ideas. Not only can she do anything but she is so extremely wonderful to work with; not only her but her entire family! The only regret I have is that I will not be able to spend anymore time with her because she was such a joy to be around!

Sent on 02/06/2012

K · Married on 01/14/2012

She was very friendly, professional and very understanding of what needed to be done. She made any changes that I wanted and she did not push me to get alterations that were not needed. She only did alterations that I wanted and that was great!. Her prices were also very affordable.

Sent on 01/16/2012

Kahla · Married on 01/07/2012

They were absolutely awesome!!!! They listened to everything that I wanted and made it happen. They are so creative when it comes to the bustling and was beyond amazing!!! I would highly recommend them to anyone I know!!!

Sent on 01/17/2012
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/31/2011

I bought my dress at David's Bridal. I had tried on several dresses and loved the one I bought, except for one thing. It wasn't a sweetheart neckline. David's Bridal offered to "pin it" in the middle to make it "appear" sweetheart. I was nervous from the beginning to have David's Bridal do my alterations, so I took my dress to Princess Bridal in Spring, Texas. Karime with Laura's Couture & Alterations did an amazing job! It took one appointment for pinning and measurements, and at my second appointment it fit perfectly and the sweetheart neckline looked like it had been made that way from the start. My dress is PERFECT thanks to Karime. You can't trust just anyone with your dress, but brides you CAN trust this vendor!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Shira · Married on 12/31/2011

I was referred to Laura'a Couture Alterations from the bridal salon I purchased my wedding gown. From the very first visit to my last, Fabio and Laura made me feel right at home. They were very professional and a delight to work with. Not to mention my dress fit me like a glove!

Sent on 01/27/2012
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 12/30/2011

AMAZING! THIS IS ONE TALENTED FAMILY! She created my dress and beautiful alteration...(looks SO different from the original and WAY better). Her daughter did my AMAZING HAIR!!! Everyone LOVED LOVED LOVED every part of my looks :-D ...especially me!

Sent on 01/20/2012

Christina · Married on 12/17/2011

My dress fit perfectly and it's all because of Laura's Couture & Alterations. She did an amazing job and very quickly too I might add. I don't know how she does it but I highly recommend taking your dress here so that she can work her magic.

Sent on 02/02/2012