Laura & Rachel Photography Reviews

Laura & Rachel Photography 4
Laura & Rachel Photography 5
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/01/2016

The pictures were perfect! From the bottom of our hearts we cannot thank them enough for everything. Between giving me a timeline to work with, answering all my questions, our engagement picture shoot and how much ease they navigated every picture on the day of our wedding, we were so lucky to find them! Picking a photographer is such a big task of wedding planning and from the moment we met them we knew that working with them would work with such ease. The day goes by so quick and I am so happy that we had Laura and Rachel to capture every moment for us. They also have such a quick turn around in getting the pictures to you which is always great since you cannot wait to see them! Thanks so much Laura and Rachel!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Brooke · Married on 07/23/2016

Laura and Rachel were outstanding to work with. They are both so incredibly sweet and kind with the perfect amount of professionalism and organization to make the day go off without a hitch. They both were able to capture this beautiful day for us without making us feel like we were missing out on our own wedding! They were both calm and efficient. They have a great sense of what will make a great photo in the most perfect lighting. We live out of state and were not able to make an engagement session work so they were flexible in letting us do a "day after" shoot on the beach! It was the most perfect conclusion to an already epic wedding weekend. They have given a couple sneak previews and they already look amazing! I can't wait to get the whole collection. They really did capture the beauty of the day and I couldn't thank them enough for making the day a great success! I would recommend them to anyone for who they are and also the great addition they are to their craft and industry. Thank you so much Laura and Rachel - you were amazing!

Sent on 07/31/2016

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2016

Where do I even begin with Laura and Rachel?! I think for us living miles away in Seattle looking for an engagement photo session, it was love at first Skype with this mother-daughter photog team. The love and passion they have for their work is simply infectious (even through cyberspace) and this is so crucial when you're photographing an engaged couple who feels shy in front of the camera! Laura and Rachel are highly responsive and organized and they provided great direction for both our wedding and engagement photos and most importantly, they do AMAZING work. They have all the tricks for great photography, if being featured Pinterest is your goal, these gals can help get you there. Such a great experience working with them, highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Erica · Married on 05/27/2016

Working with Laura and Rachel was one of the easiest decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process. After stumbling upon their website, it was clear what talented and innovative photographers they are. Their kindness and genuine concern for their clients was evident the first time we met them. Throughout the lead up to the wedding they maintained excellent communication and thoughtfully addressed every question we had. We will forever treasure the images they captured, which perfectly show the excitement and joy we felt on our wedding day. We also treasure Laura and Rachel who treated us as friends from the very beginning!

Sent on 01/19/2017

Mandi · Married on 11/21/2015

Working with Laura and Rachel was an amazing experience. They are so sweet, kind, and thoughtful. They went above and beyond for this couple to make their dreams come true. I felt they had their interest at heart through the whole process and really showed their passion for what they do. Thank you, you both rock!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Nga · Married on 10/30/2015

My husband and I were fortunate enough to get our wedding photos taken by Laura and her LOVELY daughter, Rachel on 10/30.
    We had an elopement so Laura and Rachel were our witnesses!
    They were both joys to be around and work with.
    Laura was very instructive and they were both so professional and friendly!
    My (now) husband and I are both exTREmely uncomfortable being in front of the camera, but Laura really made it easy and fun. Rachel also have a very artistic eye.
    Even though I only saw 1 of our photos on Instagram, it was lovely.
    I can't wait to see the rest.
    Thanks Laura and Rachel for giving us a wonderful experience =D

Sent on 11/02/2015

Stacey · Married on 09/26/2015

Where do I even begin with Laura and Rachel? Their photos truly speak for themselves. I am beyond thrilled that my now husband hired them to capture his surprise proposal. Little did we know at the time that we would be so in love with their work that we would go on to hire them to do our engagement photos and shoot our wedding! And become friends along the way : ) They not only have incredible photography skills, but they truly care about their clients. Having a nack for making you feel comfortable in front of the camera really comes through in their finished product. They did so much for my husband and I beyond just taking our photos. We were touched by their generosity and kind nature. Laura and Rachel even helped to bustle my dress after the bustle broke and kept my flats for me to change into after I needed to change out of my heels. Wedding experts!

All of our photos came out beautifully! We even used some of the proposal and engagement photos to create our guestbook for the wedding. When we came back from our honeymoon my husband and I were a little blue about the whole thing being over but were pleasantly surprised with an email from Laura with our wedding photos. They turned out beautifully! Her and Rachel went beyond our expectations...again! I don't know how we are going to choose our favorites. These photos will be so special to have for years to come. You will not be disappointed if you choose Laura Hernandez Photography for your special day!

Sent on 10/30/2015
  • Futuremrs.

Cynthia · Married on 08/22/2015

Laura and Rachel did the most amazing job with my wedding photos! They are seriously a dream come true, I have gotten so many compliments! People keep saying they belong in a magazine! Thanks so much for the awesome help! I recommend them to everyone! They were quick too! Took less than a month to get my pictures! I can't wait to order some prints, and I'm looking forward to getting my album ?

Sent on 09/11/2015

Laura · Married on 08/15/2015

One of the best decisions I made was choosing Laura Hernandez Photography to capture our wedding day. I was nervous to do our engagement session but Laura and Rachel put us to ease right away. The pictures were amazing. The communication through out the process was so easy with quick responses. They have a way of reading your mind and providing so much information right when you need it. Our wedding pictures were amazing, Laura and Rachel were amazing!! I highly recommend, you won't be disappointed. Thank you Laura hernandez photography for a great, unstressful experience!

Sent on 08/29/2015

nikki · Married on 06/06/2015

Not only will your pictures be beyond perfect and beautiful but Laura Hernandez Photography will give you peace of mind from beginning to end! You pay for a photographer and get so much more!!! I would recommend 10/10! This is a family run business with deep rooted values! They make you feel completely understood and taken care of!!

Sent on 06/16/2015

Laura · Married on 06/01/2015

Laura and Rachel are an AMAZING mother-daughter photography team. I had the pleasure of meeting them when they photographed my sister's wedding at Corral de Tierra Country Club in April. By the end of the night, they were like part of the family! They made us feel so comfortable and are ubelievably talented. Shortly after my sister's wedding I asked Laura Herndandez Photography to be on the preferred vendors list for my work (Talbott Vineyards). Together we created the dream wedding shoot and they PERFECTLY captured our image. Not only are they amazing photographers, but they also are amazing people, friends, planners and wedding professionals! They have amazing ideas and I can't wait to have them capture my special day one day! ?

Sent on 07/17/2015

Nicole · Married on 04/19/2015

Choosing a photographer was one of the most difficult parts of our wedding planning as it was so important to me and something that we prioritized. After months of researching, I came upon Laura's work and I knew - their work looked like what my dream wedding would be and I was beyond thrilled when they were available for our date. They ended up being the best decision we made for our wedding!

Laura and Rachel were the most amazing photographers we could have ever hoped to have at our wedding! The best of the best in every way. From the very first time we contacted them to our entire wedding day and after, they have been the most professional, talented, warm and welcoming people you could ever work with. The entire process leading up to our wedding they were kind and accommodating, they checked in throughout the year, and were so organized and on point with the planning and preparation, we never once worried for a second. A mother and daughter team who work ridiculously well together, they made our wedding day what we always dreamed it would be. From the detail shots, to our wedding party and husband and wife portraits, they gave us the most gorgeous, romantic and joyful wedding photos and memories we could have asked for. They captured everything we wanted them to, and so many more moments and details that we weren't able to experience. In just a couple of weeks they had sent us our portraits and we couldn't believe it!

Beyond their amazing professional work, you couldn't ask for two more genuinely kind and lovely people to work with. They have a way of putting everyone at ease and everyone at our wedding mentioned how great they were.

They were not just our photographers at our wedding, they felt more like friends and guests. I feel so lucky to have had them as our wedding photographers, and will always be grateful to them for giving us such amazing photos and memories.

I can't recommend them enough. :)

Sent on 05/11/2015

Vanessa · Married on 04/18/2015

Laura and Rachel very well may be two of the nicest and most genuine people I have ever met. The fact they are a mother and daughter team just makes working with them that much more amazing. They really care about their clients, and made us feel so special throughout the whole process. During the engagement shoot and on the wedding day, their compliments gave us confidence and we felt like the most beautiful people in the world. The moments they captured in their photos are incredible.

Sent on 08/29/2015

Jessica · Married on 04/10/2015

Laura and her daughter, Rachel, did an amazing job on our engagement photos. We are a military couple and I found her through Wedding Wire. I'm so glad that I did, our pictures came out amazing. She asked what type of background we wanted and she found a perfect place right on the cliffs near the ocean in Big Sur. The wind was crazy but she worked with us and got great pictures in between my hair blowing everywhere. We got our photos faster than expected too!!

During the shoot we both felt super comfortable with her and her daughter shooting us. She gave us so much direction and ideas for poses.

My only regret is that I didn't find them before I booked my wedding photographer for our out of state wedding. I would've loved for them to cover our wedding as well.

Highly recommended to people looking for great photos, especially outdoors!

I was so happy with our photos I also contacted them to do my bridal photo shoot before the wedding as well when my wedding photographer wasn't available the weekend I needed. Although it's more of a Southern tradition and other photographers in the area didn't even know what I was talking about Laura did. The bridal shoot was this past weekend and went so well, I can't wait to see the results. She also helped by recommending a hairstylist, makeup artist, and florist for the bridal pictures.

Lastly, I am so busy and at work can only be contacted by email and Laura worked so well with me and basically allowed me to use email for most of the communication, which was very convenient for me.

Sent on 03/26/2015

Sandy · Married on 09/13/2014

Top, top notch!!
    Laura was referred to me by a florist friend of mine. We emailed and spoke on the phone and only met the day of our celebration. She and Rachel were really great! You were not aware of them, but when we received the proofs they had captured everything ~ the family, friends, setting and the ambience! (if "ambience" is something you can capture in photography; they did!!)
    AND... two weeks to the day we had the proofs!!
    I will use them for any further events and recommend them enthusiastically to my friends!

Sent on 09/28/2014

Joanne · Married on 08/16/2014

Laura and Rachel were great - warm and friendly, great with our extended family and extremely hard working! We used them for the engagement photos also, and they were so beautiful. I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 08/20/2014

My husband and I are thrilled with Laura and Rachel in every aspect. Not only are they lovely people who are great at making you feel relaxed, natural, and happy during every photo shoot, they captured gorgeous images of our special moments, gave us valuable information about other wedding vendors, and made our wedding feel like the truly special occasion that it was with their warm personalities and attention to detail. I am 200 percent thrilled with our pictures and with the time we have spent with Laura and Rachel, and will always recommend Laura Hernandez Photography to everyone we meet.

Sent on 08/21/2014

Athalia · Married on 08/09/2014

Working with Laura was awesome! She is very professional and extremely sweet. She was really accommodating to our needs and exceeded our expectations. Both my husband and I are so happy that we chose her as our wedding photographer. It is extremely important to document such an important day and Laura was able to capture every aspect and detail that we had been preparing for months ahead. Everything we loved about the venue, the decor, the attire and our guests was captured beautifully through the lens of her camera. THANK YOU LAURA! We truly value all you have done!
    -A. Nadler

Sent on 08/20/2014

Alicia · event on: 05/31/2014

We love Laura! She is an amazingly talented photographer and has such an eye for capturing beautiful shots. Her kind and sweet spirit put us at ease. We would love to do more shots with her! Thanks, Laura! :)

Matt · event on: 05/24/2014

I asked Laura to capture my surprise proposal to my girlfriend on the coast of Big Sur, and she was awesome! The pictures were perfect, but what set her apart was how passionate, excited, and helpful she was. On the day before the proposal, she went to the spot where I told her I would propose, ON HER OWN TIME, to scope it out for me. She got there to find that the trail I had previously used to get there was closed for construction. She then took the time to find another spot in the same area, that was even better, and call me with the details. The moment was captured perfectly, exactly what I wanted. No way it would have worked out that way without her extra effort.

Stacey · event on: 05/24/2014

After a long hike in Big Sur my now fiancé, Matt, took me out to a beautiful lookout point along Highway 1 on our way back to Monterey. Little did I know he had something planned besides looking at the scenery! He got down on one knee and totally surprised me with a marriage proposal (and gorgeous ring). After the "yes!" from me, he turned around and waved at the photographer, Laura, who I thought had been taking pictures of the coast the whole time. Laura was there capturing that once in a lifetime moment. Matt and I are so lucky that we are going to have those pictures years from now. It is such a special memory and I'm so happy Matt chose Laura to capture it! She did an amazing job and was genuinely happy and very excited for us. I would recommend Laura to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Vanessa · event on: 05/22/2014

Laura took photos of my husband and I on our vacation while we were celebrating our 5th anniversary. She was so easy and enjoyable to work with, and I love all the natural expressions she was able to capture. These will be photos that I'll always treasure!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Kelly · Married on 10/18/2013

Laura and her assistant Christina were absolutely amazing! Laura was very professional, wonderful to work with and so fun! She captured so many amazing pictures of our special day and after seeing a sneak peak of our pictures there is only one word that come to mind: STUNNING!!!! I would recommend Laura a million times over and my husband and I feel so blessed she was part of our special day!!!!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Roxanne · Married on 10/06/2013

Laura was absolutely amazing! She was great to work with and was always very responsive and offered very good advice when I had questions regarding locations for our shoot. On the day of the wedding she was extremely professional and very helpful when we had some issues with our ceremony spot. With the help of her daughter, she moved around furniture to make our spot just right. She certainly did not have to do this but took it upon herself to assist us. I highly recommend her services to anyone needing photography services.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Audrey · Married on 10/05/2013

Laura Hernandez and Rachel were a pleasure to work with. They are both talented photographers and my experience with them was well worth it. Laura and Rachel photographed my wedding ceremony on Carmel Beach in October 2013. It was a last minute ceremony and Laura was extremely communicable, which was such a relief as we all know weddings can be a bit chaotic. I had some last minute changes and she was very flexible and happy to accommodate. In fact, I don't believe at any point during the process (pre and during the wedding) did she say she couldn't do something. She was also on time and handles her business in a very professional manner. Though, I think her personality (along with her BEAUTIFUL photographs) is what really left a mark for me. If you are anything like me, camera shy, don't worry: She knows how to bring the best out of someone in front of the camera- then capture it!
    My husband and family also really enjoyed working with Laura and Rachel. My mother even took of a photo of them because they felt like a part of our intimate ceremony. I would definitely recommend going with Laura Hernandez for a photography session. Her price is such a great value for the quality of work she produces and her professionalism.

Sent on 10/08/2013