Laura Leslie Photography Reviews

16 | Gainesville, FL

16 Reviews for Laura Leslie Photography

We landed the jackpot of photographers when we decided to hire Laura to shoot our wedding. She was amazing from the first time we met with her to discuss our wedding. Her background in art definitely stands out and her creativity and professionalism is the best in the industry! She captured every detail at our wedding and she was so sweet to work with. Everyone commented on how comfortable and easy she made the family portraits and how helpful she was throughout the day. We love our pictures and they are not only aesthetically beautiful but she captured our true emotion and every time I look at them, I relive my day all over again!

Kym · Married on 03/08/2015

Laura was so helpful and wonderful to work with for our engagement and wedding photos. She guided us every step of the way and it was really easy communicating with her. I highly recommend Laura, if you want to ensure you have stunning photos for any event.

From our initial inquiry email, Laura was kind and enthusiastic about our day. We sent numerous emails back and forth (about photography, including her wanting to get to know all aspects of our personalities, from what stores we like to what colors our home is decorated in) to non-photography questions (I was really stuck on whether we should do a first look or not). In all, she was patient, passionate, and really excited for our day. Our wedding day was a gray, blustery day. And again, Laura was there in more ways than just a photographer to help guide and lead throughout the day. Her presence truly calmed me in some of the crazier moments (having to decide whether to move to Plan B, etc.) and her attitude and energy stayed steadfast through it all. I believe this is what we love most about her - the pictures, the art that they are, speak for themselves. They are beyond anything in our wildest dreams, they are beautiful, unique and so natural. Laura was truly able to capture all the moments of our day, both big and small. Her energy, calmness and passion just adds to the pictures. Laura was absolutely wonderful, and we would choose her as our photographer again and again.

Ross · Married on 06/28/2014

We asked Laura Leslie to perform a “miracle” and document our wedding in our chaotic, festive, family environment. We can say Laura and her assistants not only met, but exceeded our and our family’s’ expectations. Laura’s professionalism, poise, and organization made our photography sessions enjoyable and comfortable. Laura was responsive, punctual, proficient, and was able to politely yet firmly direct our opinionated family in order to capture the day with style and magnificence. Her photos provided a visual chronicle as seen from an artist’s point of view and will be something we will cherish long after our memories have faded.

We researched several photographers in the Southeast and chose Laura as her work spoke to us in a way that complemented our vision of the day.

Laura captured the true spirit of our day, transformed us from awkward to elegance, and captured moments that we will truly treasure.

We enthusiastically recommend Laura Leslie Photography for your event!

-Thanh & Ross

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/02/2013

I am not sure this review will do Laura justice. She is an incredible photographer and my husband and I are so happy that we met Laura.

When I stumbled upon Laura's website I knew I had to have her shoot our wedding. Her pictures were so romantic and dreamy...basically everything I wanted ours to look like. I contacted her through her website and she responded quickly. At first everything was done by email. She gave us a quote and we said yes immediately. We signed the contract and then the fun stuff began.

Laura wanted to get to know us better so we filled out a questionnaire about what we envisioned for our engagement shoot and wedding. We discussed it and she came up with fun ideas for our engagement shoot. The day of our engagement shoot I was a little uncomfortable and nervous. I have never been great in front of a camera, but Laura made me forget and I had so much fun the rest of the day. She is the sweetest person with so much patience.

Our wedding was supposed to take place in November of 2012 but due to some unforeseen circumstances we had to postpone for a year. I was devastated and afraid we would lose our photographer. I called Laura and she worked with us and scheduled a new date. She even helped with suggesting new venues. I am telling you she's an angel!

Our wedding day went by in a flash! I remember having a lot of fun. Luckily, we had Laura capture all of the little details, all of the beautiful moments and all of the fun times. When I saw our wedding pictures I was in complete awe. My mom and mother--in-law cried and our friends and family have commented that they were the most beautiful wedding pics they've seen.

So would I recommend Laura? In a heartbeat! She is wonderful photographer with a big heart. I loved that she really "got" us. I plan to have Laura shoot our family when we decide to add to it. That's how happy and grateful I am to Laura.

Go to her website or look at her blog. The beauty of her pics say more than I ever could.

Roni · Married on 04/21/2012

Wow, I don't know if I can say enough about everything that Laura did to capture our wedding and memories. She did our engagement photos as well as our wedding and I was just amazed by her professionalism, her efficiency and, of course, her talent and creativity as a photographer - she caught some amazing shots. She is truly a professional and I've gotten so many compliments from family and friends about the unique pictures we have.

Everything she did created lasting and beautiful memories for us, and she was truly willing to go the extra mile with every step (even to getting into the ocean, which was remarkable cold for April, because I wanted "day-after" shots in the water).

If you hire Laura, you will not get standard wedding pictures that look like they could be of anyone, but rather candids and formals that suit you and your husband and the things that are important to you both. I would never want to work with another photographer for anything, and if we ever decide we want children, I will be back! (She does adorable baby/pregnancy photos too.)

Leyvani · Married on 04/14/2012

Laura is the dream wedding photographer! Her attention to every detail and capturing every moment was incredible. She made the day full of fun and excitement as she snapped every breath-taking moment.
    Not only is Laura an amazing photographer but extremely organized. Not many photographers provide a detailed timeline of the day filled of picture taking moments...she does!
    Her assistant was equally great. They had such an amazing fun loving spirit that we all had a blast taking pictures and laughing.
    My husband and I are so blessed to have had her as our photographer. Capturing every moment was important to us and Laura was right there by our side taking snaps for picture perfect memories. :)

N · Married on 02/04/2012

Laura is not only an amazing artist and her photography work beautiful and flawless, she is also a professional in the way she treats her clients. She was friendly, flexible, creative and everything you'd really want in a perfect photographer. She goes above and beyond for the perfect shot and her passion is really apparent through her work. I know she will go very far in this industry and I am a true fan of her work.

Thanks Laura!

• Maritza

Maritza · Married on 01/14/2012

There are not enough words to describe how incredibly amazing Laura is. Not only is she a true and fantastic artist. She is also funny, kind and humble. Laura photographed our engagement and wedding and I am confident when I write that nobody else could have done a better job. She provided us with timeless yet unique fine art memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. She exudes confidence yet has a laid back approach which makes her a gem to have by your side when you have the jitters on your wedding day. My hubby, who sometimes tenses up in photographs, was calm and relaxed with Laura. He actually said, and I quote, "I had a blast in this photoshoot". When we got our first set of pictures back he looked beautiful, yes that word, beautiful. Laura is an angel. Did I mention how professional and timely she is?! She is fantastic and I highly recommend her.
    PS: We also got an interactive guestbook from her which was a total hit at our wedding. People still ask us about it!

• Y

Yasmine · Married on 08/27/2011

I was so blessed to have found Laura. She is amazing to work with and my pictures are just perfect.

Gracie · Married on 10/01/2010

Laura photographed my engagement, wedding, and day after session. She was amazing. One of her many wonderful qualities is her ability to document the little things that a lot of photographers would have overlooked. She has an amazing eye for detail and her approach is incredibly artistic! She's the happiest photographer I've ever met and her joy is infectious. When a person loves their job and their clients as much as Laura does, the result is pure perfection.

Patti · Married on 03/20/2010

Where do I even begin - Laura Leslie is an absolute dream! I'm not quite sure how I stumbled on to her website, but as soon as I did I was fairly certain that she was our photographer. My husband wanted to interview with at least 5 people, so we did, but as soon as I met Laura Leslie - she sealed the deal. Our main goal for the photography was to really capture who we are - and that is exactly what she does. She really gets to know the people she is photographing and was just as excited to share our day with us as our guests! My husband kept commenting on how funny and laid back she was each time we met her. She was the same day on the wedding day. It makes an enormous difference in the way the photos turn out - you can see the work she pours into this labor of love and she puts you right at ease. In addition to her outstanding and awe-inspiring skill, she also stopped in to the rehearsal to get to know everyone, came early on the day of the wedding, stayed late and sent both of our mothers dvds of the incredible photos she took (without us even asking her to do so!). I have already asked her if she will take anniversary photos of us and plan on hiring her for bellies to babies photos (once we finally get to that point). Laura Leslie is the perfect photographer and her photos are almost dream-like.

• Caro

Carolina · Married on 12/12/2009

There are no words to descrine how incredibly talented Laura and Chris her assistant are. Every time we talk about them we get excited and filled with joy. The pictures from our engagement shoot and our wedding are priceless. I am so glad I found Laura. We are planning on having a baby soon and who do you think will be taking those pictures???? Laura Leslie for sure!

Lindsay · Married on 10/23/2009

Laura is absolutely amazing. She was the best part of my wedding! So easy to work with and her work is the best I have seen. All of my friends got married around the same time I did and my photos are much more spectacular.

Patricia · Married on 05/23/2009

As the Mother of the Bride from last year, I'm delighted to share our experience with Laura. Her website was the first indication of her talent and professionalism and her approach to our interview sealed the deal. Choosing a photographer was the one of the most important aspects of planning the wedding, we were very clear on priorities and Laura delivered. We wanted a professional who could capture the day without interfering with it. Someone that cared about who we were and the significance of this event in our lives. Look at her work and read her comments, you can easily see the balance of technical ability and artistic sensibility. (search 'Lisa' on her blog to see the engagement and wedding photos) Laura remains a special friend to our family, we are looking forward to having her capture more events in our family including the birth of our first grandchild later this year!

Laura Leslie is AMAZING. She is a genius with a camera, with her utilization of natural light, ability to capture perfect moments, and commitment to creating the most adorable detail shots. Laura does really well with capturing candids throughout the day, which bring the whole experience back to life once you scroll through your photos. She was on the higher end of our price range for a photographer but was completely worth it; we loved every single picture she sent to us. The joy and excitement of our wedding day will forever live on in those photos.