24 Reviews for Lasting Memories

0.4

Working with lasting memories was one of the most unpleasant experiences for me and my wife. I was referred to the business by a very close friend. The owner of the business, Vishal, was very helpful in the initial meetings, but that’s where it all ended. The photographer he sent to our wedding was so disengaged, I might as well not have had any photographer. The photographer missed a lot of vital moments during the wedding. Just to give you an example, there is no picture of me with my immediate family during the wedding. There is no picture of me and my wife with our entire family. The videographer was the same way. The whole video was shot on a DSL instead of a video camera. After the wedding it took Vishal almost 4 weeks to send us the pictures and they were nothing more than extracts from the camera. When I inquired about it, he said the final product would be much better. Another couple of months later he sent me the draft for the album and it was the same crappy photos that he had showed me before with no edits made. I sent a formal email to him with my negative feedback and he simply ignored it. I sent that email on Jan 6th and after that have tried contacting him at least 4 times and he has ignored all my communication.

I would highly recommend no one use his business for their wedding photography needs.

If anyone would like to talk to me about his experience and get more information, please email me at tink.23.90@gmail.com.

Profile Picture Nipun, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Thank You Cards
3.0

Overall, we were very pleased with the service and quality of the photos. However, we were not as pleased with how long it took us to receive our video. We were told that it would take 2 to 3 months. In fact, it took 5 months. We would highly recommend for photography. We would not recommend for video.

Note: Make a list off ALL of the photos that are must haves (i.e. ALL family and guests).

Profile Picture Sharonda, 3/25/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Lasting Memories did an amazing job in all aspects for the photography of my wedding. Every detail was covered for our destination wedding and our photographer showed great passion in not only his work, but making our special day the most memorable that it could be. Their artistic ability surpasses any that I have seen compared to other wedding vendors. Their packages and prices are very reasonable and flexible. I would highly recommend them to any bride searching for the best photography to capture those special moments on their wedding day.

Profile Picture Christina , 11/11/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Lasting Memories is a great service to use for both photography and videography. The prices are very reasonable and you get a lot with them. Vishal the owner is extremely responsive and very quick with replies to questions and concerns. The photographer and videographer on the day of our wedding arrives early, were patient, and took great shots. I couldn't be more please with the service and products I received. High quality and a reasonable price and great service is what you will get with Lasting Memories.

Profile Picture Annabelle, 8/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Lasting Memories did a fantastic job on my entire wedding venue. I met with alot of photographers including Shaan and some others. I did not feel comfortable with them. I was assured by lasting memories that my venue will be perfect and sure enough, it was!. I highly recommend lasting memories to all the future brides out there!. Thanks guys for making my event memorable and unforgettable!

Profile Picture Sheilly, 5/29/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Unique Services (Other), Videography

My amazing wedding looked even better in Vish's photos and albums than they did in real life! He did such amazing work that we kept ordering more and more albums. We couldn't get enough of his incredible masterpieces.

Profile Picture Ninous, 9/18/10, 1 Review
1.1

absolutely awful. Lasting memories cut out crucial parts of my ceremony as well as important family members. The editors dubbed over my original music with their own songs. A live feed was promised, but not delivered. The owner, Vishal, refused to refund a penny of my money. He re-made the dvds and mailed them out but when I asked if he previewed them to make sure all of the missing parts were fixed, he said he had not seen the whole thing. He couldnt back up a product that he sold and has awful customer service skills. I highly DO NOT recommend this guy or his company.

Profile Picture s, 8/14/10, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Excellent staff, very easy going and friendly; oh and of course affordable!! If wedding is more than 500 people; we highly recommend purchasing 2 videographers and 2 photographers. It is well worth purchasing 2 & 2 to manage the videography and photography with a wedding of 500 plus people. OVERALL GREAT PHOTOS AND AWESOME WEDDING VIDEO!!!!! Thank you very much Lasting Memories!!!!
Sincerely,
Peter & Arabella

Profile Picture Peter, 8/14/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

I could not have picked a more perfect company for my day. Lasting Memories were very professional but always had my opinion at interest. They worked around my needs and my time. The quality of their work was amazing and more than I expected. Overall, the service that they provide is worth much more than then I paid. They took care of everything and made my day stress less, that for me was priceless.

Thanks

Profile Picture Sandy, 10/31/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

The entire staff was so wonderful to work with... Price is amazing and the friendliness was beyond my expectations... they offer advice, as if they are part of the wedding. i did not feel once, that they were trying to make extra money on me. Very honest.... i give them A++++, and also have recommended them to many who booked.

Profile Picture Caroline, 10/17/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

What can I say I love these people they were everything that I could have asked for and some.They were very attentive throughout the planning,always listening to my wants and needs,always cared about my concerns did their best to ease my mind.I have yet to receive my photo or video but thus far I have no complaints and I'm sure their work will be just as great as their customer service.

Profile Picture Vernice, 3/21/09, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Having Lasting Memories for photography and videography turned out to be a very good choice for my wedding. They are highly experienced and professional. The customer service was great and everything was done exactly as planed.....no surprises at all. The Photographer and the Videographer came on time and they made sure to cover every aspect of the event. When the pictures came in, only at that time I realized what an awesome ob they had done.
I am highly satisfied with their work and I recommend them to everyone.

Profile Picture Kamal, 1/9/09, 1 Review

Lasting Memories is truly an excellent photo/video provider. Very professional, always on time and incredibly flexible. Photos were both classic and nontraditional. Beautiful candid photos as well as posed photos. We were thrilled!

Profile Picture nishi, 10/31/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Every person we interacted with from Lasting Memories was reliable, down to earth, friendly, and accommodating. We planned our whole wedding in less than 3 months. Lasting Memories was recommended to us by a friend, but we were really not expecting anything phenomenal. We went to look at sample photo albums and videos, and we liked what we saw, so we booked with them. Our photographer and videographer made our wedding day even more spectacular; they captured every moment candidly, and they were never once in the way. They showed up on time, worked tirelessly, and did amazing work. We had an outdoor/indoor wedding and the photographer and videographer really captured the essence of our wedding -- the lighting, the background, the people -- everything was shot with depth and thought, and nothing was missed. When we saw the pictures and video, we were blown away. They were breathtaking. These guys really are artists. We couldn't have chosen better people to work with. Our turnaround time for the pictures and video was also very reasonable (and actually both were ready way before they were supposed to be), and when we wanted something in the video changed, Lasting Memories was again very professional and agreed to redo that part of the video for us at no extra charge. They are incredible, and we will use them for any future events. I could go on and on about their services (obviously), I can't recommend them enough.

Profile Picture Harshita, 10/11/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Working with Lasting Memories was truly a joy. Of all the vendors we worked with over the span of our 4 day wedding ceremony event they were the most reliable and efficient. The staff is tremendously knowledgeable and very helpful and extremely detail oriented.

My husband and I made a wonderful video of how we met to show at the reception. The videographer that we worked with was amazing he took his time and you could see his passion for his work. We also met with the photographer and took shots in and out of the studio, and had certain portraits enlarged to display around the reception hall.

The turn around time on many of our products were quick and yet quality was never compromised. The studio offered so many great ideas and took some very unique and beautiful shots. One of the most important things and what made our day so special was that the photographer & videographer took the time to learn who the family members were so that they could be included in as many of the shots,but yet never neglecting any of the other guests. This was so priceless as everyone felt special. Our family members loved all the details that they did especially the table cards the photographer designed after I described what I had in mind.

Overall my experience with Lasting Memories was just that. I look forward to using them for future occasions.

Profile Picture Mala, 10/3/08, 1 Review
Category: Invitations, Photography, Videography

Lasting Memories went above and beyond my expectations. I knew 5 other couples that used them for their wedding events and highly recommended them to me. I was looking for a vendor that provided both videography and photography in one bundled package and Lasting Memories certainly had such an option for me. Living in Naperville and commuting to their office in Skokie was not always a pleasant drive but once inside their office, I was grateful I went in person to discuss my wedding with Vishal, the owner.

Each and every one of my visits was always a positive and pleasant experience. From the very beginning I felt very comfortable with the services LastingMemories provided. It was also comforting to know the wide range of clientale they have and the diversity of the events they have serviced. Being Hindu, they knew exactly what our weddings consist of and what the important elements are that need to be photographed and/or videographed.

I especially liked how my package consisted of unlimited photography unlike other vendors that set a limit and also how table cards were included which was a huge plus as well. My pictures were developed quickly and just within a few months from my wedding date. Their quality was superb in regards to richness in colors and crispness and clarity of the images. I had hundreds and hundreds of pictures to go through and it was fun to see a blend of traditional and photo journalistic shots. Anybody who missed my wedding could take a look through my photos from LastingMemories and feel like they were there.

They are very professional with presenting the completed photographs and DVD. They come in very durable and elegant albums and not some cheap 10 buck album that other vendors were providing us. Their DVDs are labeled professionally and come in their own case that is customized with your photo. Your proofs are 5x7 not 4x6 like other vendors provide.

LastingMemories has a very free spirited, fun, creative staff that are well experienced and make you to be worry free on your big day. They followed my schedule given to them and talked with me prior to the wedding to go over my itinery on the big day. They gave me advice and sugesstions to help make the day even smoother which I was not expecting and looking back now, really found it helpful. They know how to take unique pictures and pay very close attention to details not only when photographing but overall.

They know how to capture moments of your day that will make you later shed tears of joy or make you laugh.
Vishal went above any beyond to make our wedding a memorable one and was VERY patient and thorough with the services he provided us. The great thing that I appreciated was his responsiveness to my questions. He was very prompt in returning emails to me and spent a lot of time in showing me what his business is all about.

Overall Lasting Memories's quality of work is both classy and creative, which truly makes their work a lasting memory.

Profile Picture Mili, 8/30/08, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Working with Lasting Memories was a great experience. The professionalism displayed by the vidoegraphers and photographers was nothing short of great, as their attitude and respect was very positive. The cost was very reasonable and the videography and photography results were outstanding. They definitely adjusted to our schedule for all the days (4 days) of events which really helped out alot. They were also very responsive to everything we needed in the whole wedding process prior to the big day. The amount and quality of pictures taken was unbelievable and we loved every aspect of them. I would highly recommend using Lasting Memories for photography and videography.

Profile Picture Nihar, 8/9/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Working with so many vendors in the wedding planning process can be overwhelming. After we first met with Lasting memories, we were very relieved and confident in their services. They showed us their portfolio and some wedding videos and we were immediately impressed. We also found that they were reasonably priced for the marketplace. They were very accomodating of all of our special requests. They shot our photography and videography, and did a awesome job. Our bridal party and family loved the photographer and videographer. They were very personable and patient with getting everyone organized. I have been in other weddings where the photographers were cranky and mean. This was definately not the case. We were so pleased when our pictures were ready promptly. We were so excited to see them and they couldn't have turned out any better! We absolutely loved them! Our video was awesome too. We highly recommend Lasting Memories, and know you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/31/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

From the moment we starting communicating with the Lasting Memories staff (photographers, etc), we found them to be very responsive and accomodating. I remember there were several times that I was running late to meet with them or had to cancel last minute and they worked around my hectic schedule. Their work speaks for itself. My husband and I are thrilled with what they produced for us and everyone we have shown it to have been very impressed. They definitely took our description of what we wanted and made it happen.

I think the best compliment I can give Lasting Memories is that I have referred several of my close friends to them (all of whom have been very satisifed as well). I think that they do a great job at covering all the important moments. Furthermore, the photographers/videographers are well versed in many different styles of wedding and are thus able to capture the unique style and grace that comes along with them. Lastly, I think that their prices are very reasonable. Compared to what we were getting for the same price at other studios, Lasting Memories is a good deal.

Bottom line, I recommend Lasting Memories without any reservations. I think they provide excellent service and an amazing finished product.

Profile Picture Komal, 3/15/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography

This little local photographer is a great choice if you are getting married in the Chicago area. I just happened to wander into the shop as I was looking for photographers. I was so impressed by the great customer service they provided. They showed me many examples and had a wide range of packages I could choose from. Plus, they were very flexible about dates, locations, and timings. Some of the other photographers I had spoken to were so rigid about dates and timings, but no such problems here! And the product turnaround was great! I needed to have my photos and video done ASAP as I was leaving out of town very soon after my wedding. Lasting memories was so accomodating and really worked with me. And the pictures and video were amazing - they were of great quality and really are a lasting memory for me!

Profile Picture amber, 11/25/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Lasting Memories only cost 2000 for 10 hours of video and photography. The gave me all their proofs (over 900 photos) in beautiful photo albums that I gave to my family. lasting memories also included a beautiful wall hanging of an engagment photo and hundreds of photo place cards for my event. they are a family run business and bring back the faith i have in american business, providing excellent service, quality and results... ! i recommend them to everyone i talk to planning a wedding!

Profile Picture Julie, 9/22/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

I would highly recommend Lasting Memories for photography and videography. I have yet to view my wedding video; however I have seen the quality and quantity of the pictures provided and I am very pleased! I had a near disaster for my wedding photography when I began having conflicts with the original vendor I had chosen. I called Lasting Memories on a Saturday near to closing hours to try to schedule an appointment so that I could swith vendors and they were extremely accommodating. They opened the store on a nonbusiness day, Sunday, to meet with me and go over the details of the services that they could provide. I was very optimistic about the services they could provide. We remained in contact both before and after the event to refine the details of the services to be provided as well as the finished product. My pictures are beautiful. They used various photographic styles and compiled our albums, which took a lot of stress off of myself and my husband. We were able to just sit back and enjoy them.

The photographers and videographer showed up on time the morning of my wedding and were very professional. They traveled from my parents' house to the groom's parents' house then to the wedding venue. They made me feel very comfortable. When I began to stress over some last minute forgotten details, they even helped to calm my nerves. They were very personable and kind. I even received compliments from my wedding guests on how well they captured the essence of the event. There was not one request that went unanswered.

Much thanks to Lasting Memories for all that they did to make my event a special and memorable one.

Profile Picture Tiffini, 5/27/07, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

They were all about quality!!!! Excellent customer service, flexible, and always willing to go that extra mile.

Profile Picture Shirin, 3/31/07, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

This is one of the best vendors I have come across. Extremely passionate about what they do which is evident in their high quality of work. Very personable and accomodating to various types of ceremonies and cultures. I HIGHLY recommend them!

Profile Picture Nusrat, 7/23/06, 1 Review